Tom Brady comes up small again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...

By the way Welker did say he should have caught it and seems extremely distraught over it. Brady did not play great but his receivers did not help him much. Welker and Hernandez had huge drops. The offensive line was awful in the second half and Gronkowski has to play defense on that interception. Take the penalty there, who cares. Are these guys coached to not break up bad passes? Troy Brown used to always break up bad passes. Who cares if you catch it, prevent the turnover. Other than Woodhead, Brady was probably the best offensive player tonight for the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Bill...once the offense gets on the field isn't it their job to stay on the field and score points? The offense ran a whopping 9 less plays than ther Giants. Don't blame the D for the stupid interception Brady threw or the intentional grounding
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

The IG was only 2 points, but it gave me a bad impression of Brady right from the start. He moved past it in the middle of the game, but it's hard to say what was going on in his head. It's almost like he saw Welker open and thought "there! there's the game, now don't mess it up, don't mess it up, don't mess it up" and while doing all that, was off target. We may never know. Very sad, and now I've got to listen to YEARS of "Eli" and "Manning" talk from all these stupid Colts fans around here.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

hey Soxfan, get a clue. the curse of Giselle is obviously said in jest, though some will argue that Tom's hasn't been the same since he joined the jet set. I don't buy that, but some clearly do.
    and again, unless you have thrown passes with a throbbing shoulder while several 300 pound maniacs are trying to pulverize you, who the hell are you to call it a 'weak sauce excuse'.
    Get a sense of humor and some reality perspective, macho man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Tom's focus, I meant to say

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : The IG was only 2 points, but it gave me a bad impression of Brady right from the start. He moved past it in the middle of the game, but it's hard to say what was going on in his head. It's almost like he saw Welker open and thought "there! there's the game, now don't mess it up, don't mess it up, don't mess it up" and while doing all that, was off target. We may never know. Very sad, and now I've got to listen to YEARS of "Eli" and "Manning" talk from all these stupid Colts fans around here.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Here's your out: 2 - 14 ! Good god, Man...........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Here's your out: 2 - 14 ! Good god, Man...........
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Not that simple hog. They look at Eli as an extention of Peyton. Saying "2-14" won't get you anywhere, because they'll just say "yeah, but we've got Eli". It may be totally stupid, but it's how they think. To them, Eli is a hero that cut down that nasty Tom Brady and saved Peyton's city from being sacked by the Vandals and Visigoths.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The real question is why does the offensive line keep coming up small in big games. According to ESPN Boston they allowed QB pressure 33% of Brady's dropbacks. The most in the season.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : But the fact is, AGAIN, the Giant receivers make the game-changing great plays.  The one at the 50?  Hard play.  harder than Welker's, I'd say. Lots of blame to go around.  Defense, offense, Brady, Welker, and anyone Tom threw to on the last drive. Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE] I'd agree with that. The Giants made the plays , the Patriots didn't. Not saying it's all Brady's fault, but that start was just a nightmare, the interception was a bad decision, and the throw to Welker was off. Overall, not the kind of performance the team needs from Brady in a playoff game. The rest of the team bailed him out against the Ravens, but they couldn't today. No one wants to see Brady win more than I do, but apart from the Denver game he was not his usual transcendent self. Freakin' Eli Manning outplayed him again.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE] The real question is why does the offensive line keep coming up small in big games. According to ESPN Boston they allowed QB pressure 33% of Brady's dropbacks. The most in the season.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

I thought the o-line played a decent game. I Brady had a bad end of the game, that is true (second half possesions went: TD, punt, interception, punt, end of game).

The really weakness was, is and will continue to be until the address it, the defense backfield. Molden and Moore have need to be upgraded. We need two more CBs at least.

The second weakness, and I hate to say this it seems like sacrilege, has been coaching in big games. Outcoached by Coughlin twice in the Super Bowl. Let's face it, Coughlin knows how to beat this team. He knows how to score on the defense and how to mess up the offense just enough to slow them down. In their past three games the offense that averaged almost 37 points a game in '07 and 32 points a game this year has put 14, 20 and 17 points.

People can say that is the offense that failed, but I think people are underselling what the Giants have done to slow them down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": I'd agree with that. The Giants made the plays , the Patriots didn't. Not saying it's all Brady's fault, but that start was just a nightmare, the interception was a bad decision, and the throw to Welker was off. Overall, not the kind of performance the team needs from Brady in a playoff game. The rest of the team bailed him out against the Ravens, but they couldn't today. No one wants to see Brady win more than I do, but apart from the Denver game he was not his usual transcendent self. Freakin' Eli Manning outplayed him again.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

The NFC is just stronger than the AFC recently. The Pats may be the best of the AFC, but they might have arguably had even worse problems with the Saints, Packers, or 49ers. Brady does get rattled if he gets moved from his spot in the pocket. When he is rushed ,he becomes inaccurate. It is amazing that the Pats don't have a Plan B offense - without Gronk, they couldn't dream up another attack.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": And do we always expect All of Tom's passes to be right on the numbers. No. And yet all I see on this board tonight is people blaming him for the loss. Tom played well enough to win. Avoided at least 2 sacks. comleted .16 passes in a row at one point. I love Welk, and think he is a potential HOF'er. But he makes that cach 95 out of 100 times, and he should have tonight.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]

It could be that the Giants pressure was causing Brady to rush his throws quicker than the receivers expected. Brady's effectiveness is based upon timing and accuracy, and both were off tonite.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : It could be that the Giants pressure was causing Brady to rush his throws quicker than the receivers expected. Brady's effectiveness is based upon timing and accuracy, and both were off tonite.
    Posted by CommChairman[/QUOTE] Off 2 weeks ago in the ravens game to.       p.s. but who's counting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I started to be a little concerned when Brady said this week something like "I can't throw any interceptions or make any mistakes". It indicated he was focused on not losing. Looking at what what they were going to do to him instead of what he was going do to them. I made note of it at the time, but now I wonder even more if his mind is in totally the right place---at least compared to what it was in 04.