Tom Brady = Greatness! Will show it this weekend!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Tom Brady = Greatness! Will show it this weekend!

In response to TFB12's comment:

Last weekend Tom Brady looked a bit more relaxed in a playoff game then I can remember.  He knows the pressure at this time of the Season and he wants another Super Bowl, but I think he realizes that he has some very good talent around him right now, the defense is playing better and I think this has taken some of the pressure off of him.  I don't think he feels like he has to carry the team all on his shoulders as in the past.  He is getting some help on both sides of the ball.  I think Brady will be intense this weekend but won't feel all the pressure on him like in the past and this will help him have a very good game!

Patriots all the way!

Brady is getting trashed by the talking heads, who keep repeating the montra that he's been badly outplayed by Flacco in the last two meetings between the teams. My guess is that Tom is aware of this, and will answer his critics this Sunday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Last weekend Tom Brady looked a bit more relaxed in a playoff game then I can remember.  He knows the pressure at this time of the Season and he wants another Super Bowl, but I think he realizes that he has some very good talent around him right now, the defense is playing better and I think this has taken some of the pressure off of him.  I don't think he feels like he has to carry the team all on his shoulders as in the past.  He is getting some help on both sides of the ball.  I think Brady will be intense this weekend but won't feel all the pressure on him like in the past and this will help him have a very good game!

Patriots all the way!

Brady is getting trashed by the talking heads, who keep repeating the montra that he's been badly outplayed by Flacco in the last two meetings between the teams. My guess is that Tom is aware of this, and will answer his critics this Sunday. 

Pay no mind to the Rusy Jr.s. Tommy may well have the only thing he has needed to hoist another Lomabardi this time around. A major league defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I'm not here for 2 days and come back to see that TFB has started yet another thread about Tom Brady. His obsessive man crush is becoming a little uncomfortable for me and I know it's becoming uncomfotable for others as well.

Give it rest TFB.It's beyond becoming just a little weird.

OK gang -So what's is on your mind today? I saw some glaring stats about TFB's  man crush QB against the Ravens and they are NOT that good.

The NY Posr has an article titled-"Brady's Krptonite" and it's all about how poorly Tom has played against the Ravens.

As predicted by yours truly there is plenty of talk of Spygate in the papers and I even heard about on ESPN radio yesterday. I'm a big believer in the Curse of Spygate...lets hear your opinion.

I'm going to get the papers,the papers,some coffee ...be back in a few

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - It is not like you are consistent with your bashing on this board against anything Patriots!  Talking about calling the "kettle black"!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

I'm not here for 2 days and come back to see that TFB has started yet another thread about Tom Brady. His obsessive man crush is becoming a little uncomfortable for me and I know it's becoming uncomfotable for others as well.

Give it rest TFB.It's beyond becoming just a little weird.

OK gang -So what's is on your mind today? I saw some glaring stats about TFB's  man crush QB against the Ravens and they are NOT that good.

The NY Posr has an article titled-"Brady's Krptonite" and it's all about how poorly Tom has played against the Ravens.

As predicted by yours truly there is plenty of talk of Spygate in the papers and I even heard about on ESPN radio yesterday. I'm a big believer in the Curse of Spygate...lets hear your opinion.

I'm going to get the papers,the papers,some coffee ...be back in a few

Sounds like coffee isnt the only thing youve been drinking. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Ok we're back- Tom's Krypotonite is the title of the article-just a few bits pieces that I would like to throw out there.Of the 31 teams Brady has faced in his 13 year career there is not a team that he performed worse against then the Ravens ,who have held him to a lower completion rating (58.6) and a passer rating (74.1) then any other team.He's thrown more INT's then Then TD's against them 9 to 8 and has been sacked 16 times in the 7 games that they have played against each other.

Now those are some glaring stats that make me want to bet even more $$ against the pats this weekend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Ok we're back- Tom's Krypotonite is the title of the article-just a few bits pieces that I would like to throw out there.Of the 31 teams Brady has faced in his 13 year career there is not a team that he performed worse against then the Ravens ,who have held him to a lower completion rating (58.6) and a passer rating (74.1) then any other team.He's thrown more INT's then Then TD's against them 9 to 8 and has been sacked 16 times in the 7 games that they have played against each other.

Now those are some glaring stats that make me want to bet even more $$ against the pats this weekend.

Don't sing it, bring it!  Bet the farm, your welfare check, your WIC, and your food stamp money on the Ravens.  Oh, and do come back after the Pats bound the Buzzards and let us know how that worked out for ya'.  By the way, are you a Ravens fan/troll or just another troll?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

hey gr8bme-How are ya!?

You must be new here. I'm not a pats fan by any streach of the imagination. I'm a Jets fan 1st and foremost and a fan of any team that is playing against the pats on any given day.

I learned to despise the pats during the whole Spygate incident and have watched them crumble in the SB twice since those dark ugly days.

I have bought into the whole "Curse of Spygate" and are hoping that the pats can win this Sunday by 8 or less of course ,make it to the SB and then lose it again.Maybe a crazy catch off an oppnents helmet or just another horrible pass from brady to Welker.

After that the comparisons to the Bills of the 90's will start...I'm giddy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Actually beating the Ravens and advancing to the SB is the secondary consideration Sunday.

Job #1 for Tommy Boy is to light it up so we poor souls here at BDC can be spared hearing Rusty whine incessantly for another year if he only puts up a 100 PR or so.

PLEASE Tom, torch these ratbirds so junior will zip his stupid lip for good!

So as long the D can cover Tori Smith and Boldin.

Their play calls go like this.  Rice , Rice , bomb .....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

hey gr8bme-How are ya!?

You must be new here. I'm not a pats fan by any streach of the imagination. I'm a Jets fan 1st and foremost and a fan of any team that is playing against the pats on any given day.

I learned to despise the pats during the whole Spygate incident and have watched them crumble in the SB twice since those dark ugly days.

I have bought into the whole "Curse of Spygate" and are hoping that the pats can win this Sunday by 8 or less of course ,make it to the SB and then lose it again.Maybe a crazy catch off an oppnents helmet or just another horrible pass from brady to Welker.

After that the comparisons to the Bills of the 90's will start...I'm giddy.

Hey Leon - I'm doing great.  And why wouldn't I be, my team's been to six Super Bowls and won three.  We're about to go to and win another one.  But yeah, I understand that you're envious of any team that has actually won something since 1969.  And yes, your Jets are certainly the moral compass for the rest of the NFL.  Glad you're "giddy."  Wouldn't want you to become dispondant like the rest of the silly Jets fans.  Come on, say it with me, P-A-T-S, PATS, PATS, PATS.  There, don't you feel even better?  By the way, similar to Yankee fans (oh wait, they've not won in a few years either), Pats fans love the fact that we're hated by the masses.  Just means we're the best - but I don't have to tell you tha - you already know it - and that's why you're here:  to live vicariously through us because you don't, you know, really have a team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey JR-Good morning my horribly accenetd neighbor from the North...how are ya!?

Still with the personal attacks while hiding behind your monitor I see?Oh how NEnglandy of you! some things will never change I guess.

I throw out some legit stats and all u people is talk smack??Brady plays his worst against the Ravens and I plan on taking advantage of this little pearl of knowledge monetarily .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Here's another little Fun fact to know and tell!

Despite leading the pats to wins in 5 of the 6 conference title gameshe has played in,brady has personally struggled in AFC Championship games,having thrown 7 interceptions and 6 touchdowns with a pedestrian passer rating of 78.4.

All the more reason to load up on the Ravens!!

Where oh Where is Babe when you need him?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Jr - Nothing like living in the past huh?

What is it now 10 ,11 years since the pats won the SB?I have my thoughts on as to why the pats haven't won anything in that span but it gets everybody very upset and they always want to change the subject...act like 'IT" never happened.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Great. The horribly mannered mouth to the South has reincarnated itself as JRABBB. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Bruzer- good morning my horribly accented neighbor from the North and how are ya!?

What makes my posts so ill mannered?I bring up a tough subject and everybody tries to change the subject??

Perplexing!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Hey Bruzer- good morning my horribly accented neighbor from the North and how are ya!?

What makes my posts so ill mannered?I bring up a tough subject and everybody tries to change the subject??

Perplexing!

Your compass is way off. I am 3000 miles west, with no accent. Troll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Troll?? Name calling is a defense mechanism used by children and pats fans when their backs are against the wall.

I don't care where you live now -You are pats fan...nuff said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Troll?? Name calling is a defense mechanism used by children and pats fans when their backs are against the wall.

I don't care where you live now -You are pats fan...nuff said.

So calling people horribly accented is not name calling? Your hypocracy is overwhelming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

That's just a little jab at the accent-It's like nails on a chalkboard!

Now would u like to discuss the subject that  everybody and I mean everybody in NE would like to try to forget ??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Instead of waiting for your response I will bring it up again- Spygate-Before the pats got caught cheating they were on their way to becoming a Dynasty.I mean how hard is it to defend a play when you know what the offense is gioing to run before they run the play?

Is BB a genuis-He would have been a genuis if he didn't get caight!!That would be genuis...but he got caught and since the "Story" broke the pats haven't won the big game. The Curse of Spygate may it live forvere in the annals of time!

One crazy catch off an opponents helmet and a horrible throw from Brady to Welker as time winds down.call it Karma? Call it a Curse? ...something is going wrong in NE and in my eyes the pats deserve everything they don't get!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Y'all gnaw on that awhile. I gotta get some stuff done!Y'all have a nice afternoon now...ya'hear!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

We'll see. 7 interceptions in past 4 games vs. Ravens or something like that.  If Patriots want to win tomorrow, he and the patriots rbacks need to have 0 turnovers.  Plus, defense needs to create 1-2 takeaways like the game vs. houston

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  what can you say?

I know what I can say.

I can say two (2) things:

1 -- TFB12 (whom I will always think of as BradyMossfan) does good work around here . . .   and (on a sadder  note) . . .

2 -- Brady's "intensity" or "relaxity" isn't really going to matter. Brady knows what he's doing and I expect him to execute the way he almost always does. The truth is that Brady can't really win, no matter what he does. I remember well enough the stories about how "ice" Brady was before his initial Super Bowl appearance. All and sundry were amazed that this relative kid could be taking a nap mere moments before what would turn out to be his coming-out party (if the story is true). Now, we worry that Brady may be too "intense" . . .  or not "intense" enough or . . .  well . . . we don't really know.

The simple fact of the matter is that Tom Brady isn't going to win or lose this game (or the next one) . . .   unless he does something really stupid (this is the place where all you guys who think last year's Super Bowl was lost on the first series should chime in). Brady is a known commodity, and all those people who are saying that the defense preventing teams from keeping up with him is the key to victory are correct.

Look . . .  I'll just tell you, so we'll both know:

The Ravens have no business even being in this game. If you prefer to believe in magic and think that everything -- and I mean absolutely everything -- that broke in Baltimore's favor last weekend is going to go ahead and break in Balimore's favor again . . .   well, y'all just go ahead and belive that. Living out of market, I can tell you that there is no shortage of people who want the Pats to lose, and therefore think that somehow means the Ravens can win.

But it doesn't.

And they can't.

Let me put it to you this way:

I just heard a guy on local radio bemoan the pathetic defensive effort of the Denver Broncos (because -- as we all know -- it couldn't possibly be Peyton Manning's fault) in letting a very ordinary Joe Flacco and an even more ordinary Ravens team hang into a game in which they did not belong and then -- THEN -- after a brief commercial pause, say: "I think it may be Flacco's time."

The funny thing is that the growing multitude of folk who seem to want to display some kind of "contrarian" behavior in picking against the Pats are walking into their own trap. Not only are they going to be wrong . . .   but they're going to be wrong among a wide and varied group of other people who are going to be wrong.

Hear me now and believe me later:

New England: 38

Baltimore: 20