Tom Brady is a Happy Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Tom Brady is a Happy Man

Brady has weapons:

Randy Moss (Reliable Deep Threat)
    Torry Holt (Great Hands & Route Running)
    Wes Welker (Reliable Slot Man) (When Back Healthy)
    Julian Edelman (Bigger Welker)
    Brandon Tate (Speedster & Stretches Field)
    Taylor Price (Speedster & Stretches Field)
    Alge Crumpler (Will keep Brady off his back)
    Rob Gronkowski (Good Blocker & Good Down the Seam)
    Aaron Hernandez  (Great Hands & Speed)
    Kevin Faulk (Reliable 3rd down option)
    Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor (No Help At All)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man

Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor (No Help At All)
    Posted by pats3392

Lol, good post but I think Belichick disagrees with this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Geez . . .    ya think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Wow, its amazing how every just assumes now that the Patriots are in great shape and Tom Brady is happy. I think I would hold off on all the fanfare until these players are in pads and playing games, just a thought. Have a great day

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

WENDYLEE03 YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT...AND YOU WOULD JUST AS RIGHT TALKING ABOUT EACH AND EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE,NOT JUST THE PATS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No doubt on paper this offense is much more dynamic than they were last year. The two tight ends they got are big time talents. Holt probably can give you enough until the young guys start to get comfortable. Hopefully Price and Tate can stretch the field on the outside, which they were really missing last year. Edleman will have a year under his belt and he had better improve because as good as he was last year, he still dropped some passes and is injury prone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Same Oline, same result...can't run the ball, can't protect Brady but other than that everything is great. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Sammy Morris was known for having great hands when he was with Miami...don't blame the player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man:
    Same Oline, same result...can't run the ball, can't protect Brady but other than that everything is great. 
    Posted by HRK103

You are so right, I just think it's funny how everyone is thinking the Patriots are back to Superstar status when all they are left with so far is last years team minus some quality players and Drafted Rookies that have yet to play in the NFL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Geez . . .    ya think?
    Posted by p-mike

i'd love to see her in a patriots cheerleading outfit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Posted by HRK103

Harley - if the O-line stays healthy, or if Bussey or Ohrnberger can step in when Neal gets injured, and if they can figure out a way to help Light or Kaczur (whoever is starting opposite 'Bass) against the good rushers, then we might be ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by HRK103

Quite true, but the O-line was better towards the end of the year when they had Both Light and Vollmer in at the same time and Kaczur was off the field.  Maybe, just maybe, if Vollmer is a starter this year and we have better blocking from the TE's, we might see a better running game.  At least that's my hope.

Someone will probably pull up a stat that says we weren't that bad running last year.  Heck, the stats say we had a very good offense overall last year.  That's why I hate stats.  Last year we seemed to move the ball well except when we really needed to move the ball well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Last year we seemed to move the ball well except when we really needed to move the ball well.

That pretty much sums up the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Last year we seemed to move the ball well except when we really needed to move the ball well. That pretty much sums up the season.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

that's where Hernandez and Gronkowski *should* help, inside the 20s....how many times did TB force balls to Moss or Welker in the redzone because nobody else (no offense sam aiken) could get open.  Legit TE presence should be a big help in that area, no more leaving points on the field

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Can Kaszur play guard? He's done as a starting tackle. The line wouldn't be to bad with Light~Mankins~Koppen~Kaczur~Vollmer. I like Neal he's tough when healthy he's just not healthy enough. Hopefully Bussey, OherBeger?, Larsen can push for starting positions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Yea im excited off the possibilities of the two tight ends sets and that will open up the running game, the addition of holt and price and bringing tate back will pick up the slack for lack of a third wideout that can or should i say cant catch i.e.(galloway,aiken,steinback). welk and edleman working the slot. and moss and maroney both in contract years, skys the limit for offense lets get mankins in now please!!!!!!!!!!!!

and our Defense will be much more improved

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Brady may have seen a lot of pressure last year, but he did not get sacked much at all. Around the fewest in the league for the Pats.   As a matter of fact, there is a group that analyzes sacks, and Brady got low grades for avoiding pressure...meaning he had a lot to do with it.  i wonder if it had to do with the injury and his timing and lack of mobility in not moving up at the right time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Can't protect Brady? Brady was sacked a total of 16 times last year. That's an average of once per game. That's pretty good protection if you ask me..
    Posted by slapointe1232

This is yet another reason why I hate stats.  While it is very true he wasn't sacked much last year, it is also very true that he was under a lot of pressure and was running for his life too often in too many games.  He's just good at getting rid of the ball before taking a sack.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by HRK103

Except a coulpe of TE's that can plow lanes in the running game.....kind of short on memory there.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Something to take into account for the RB's is Crumpler will add some yards to the rushing offense no matter who is carrying the rock. (Chris Johnson was quoted as saying 400 of his yards was directly attributable to Crumplers play.)

BTW CJ is supposidly still upset at Tenn. letting him go over what amounts to a couple hundred thousand dollars.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : You are so right, I just think it's funny how everyone is thinking the Patriots are back to Superstar status when all they are left with so far is last years team minus some quality players and Drafted Rookies that have yet to play in the NFL
    Posted by Wendylee03

minus quality players?  The same quality players that were on the downside of their career?   Those quality players?

Nobody, and I mean nobody has said that the Pats are back to superstar status...if anything, they have kept up with and possibly stayed ahead of the Jets and the Fins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Except a coulpe of TE's that can plow lanes in the running game.....kind of short on memory there.....
    Posted by m1021us

Right, three new TE's, an overweight old guy, two rookies one with a bad back an another who didn't like to block in college.....think before you spew your drivel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Can't protect Brady? Brady was sacked a total of 16 times last year. That's an average of once per game. That's pretty good protection if you ask me..
    Posted by slapointe1232

The only reason Brady wasn't sacked 40 times was not because of the OL it was because of WW and Brady.  He too many times had to check down to WW because of the pressure and still got hit after the throw.  You must not have watched the same games I did.

Just because there were only 16 sacks doesn't mean hit was hit more than a piñata!  16 sacks just shows how good TB is at getting rid of the ball quickly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maddog67. Show Maddog67's posts

Agree on the run blocking, but Brady was sacked 16 only times in 2009.  The only full time QB sacked less was Peyton Manning. (Aaron Rogers and Big Ben were sacked 50 times each)

I'd say that's some pretty good pass protection by the Pats OL ...

-Maddog

Posted by HRK103

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Agree on the run blocking, but Brady was sacked 16 only times in 2009.  The only full time QB sacked less was Peyton Manning. (Aaron Rogers and Big Ben were sacked 50 times each) I'd say that's some pretty good pass protection by the Pats OL ... -Maddog In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man :
    Posted by Maddog67

Read the post above yours. Brady was injured how? gee maybe by getting hit after throw...alot.