Tom Brady is a Happy Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man:
    Geez . . .    ya think?
    Posted by p-mike

Bingo. Does Tom have any earthly reason NOT to be a happy guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : No wonder why medical insurance is so much. The nurses don't do any research and misdiagnoss injuries. I feel sorry for those construction workers she was talking about that probably just had a sore back!
    Posted by Sam-Adams

LOL!  good one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Only one AFC team scored more points than NE last year.  I'm not that worried about the offense.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis, a narrow spine that if he was hit in the wrong way would most likely cripple him. I personally have seen this injury on usually construction workers and some athletes and what usually follows is severe disc degeneration. Normal healing of this situation with most that I have seen the person has a good 10 years depending on age of normal activity. A young man going into the NFL with just one year of healing time and rehab giving his position and body size and mass, along with the fact that 300 pound men will be tryng to put him down is a horrible situation. Many of us here at this hospital are Patriot fans and yes we have discussed this very same situation for this young man. Now I cannot predict what will happen but common sense dictates this boy will have his career in football ended within 2 years and with serious complications. So please M1021us, just shut up about things you have no knowledge about, and stop insulting people on this board with your petty remarks. I wish that guy Stomper would get to meet yo uand shut you up because you are the biggest degenerate on this board.
    Posted by Wendylee03

Wendy,  You are one damm angry individual. You should go take a class in anger management or something. You may very well be a nurse with good medical knowledge, but I think it's fair to say a professional athlete is going to get access to doctors with knowledge that is far superior to yours.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Wendy,  You are one damm angry individual. You should go take a class in anger management or something. You may very well be a nurse with good medical knowledge, but I think it's fair to say a professional athlete is going to get access to doctors with knowledge that is far superior to yours.
    Posted by kman2004

Her hatred of me got the best of her....LOL!  That being said, I hope I never see her in a medical facility....ew....Buhla Ballbricker~ 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man :.... I sometimes question if people watch the sames games I do....
    Posted by russgriswold

Guess not russ.  I just deal in facts, not perception or what I think I saw.

Sometimes bad games happen.  The Jets loss was early in the season and they just weren't very good.  Should have lost to Buffalo too for that matter.  In the other losses, the defense got carved up by two lousy QBs (Orton and Henne) and three really good ones (Brees, Manning and Schaub).   

The offense scored 427 points and gained 397 ypg in 2009.  That's good enough, better than the Colts in fact. 

About "balance": The Patriots have never been a particularly good rushing team.  In 2001, they averaged 3.8 (and were outgained by their opponents), in 2003, 3.4.  In 2004, 4.1, in 2007, 4.1 and last year 4.1.  In fact, in 2004 when they ran it the most (and Dillon had over 1,600 yds), they only rushed for 205 yards more than 2009.  How about this, time of possession, in clock-killing 2004, 31;22, in 2009, 33:05. 

You pass to set up the run, that's how the NFL works now.  Used to be you win by running and stopping the run.  Now it's passing and stopping the pass. 

Bring facts, not mistaken impressions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis, I paid attention to the bit about spinal stenosis because my wife has it. They said that Rob does not have it. He obviously had a bulging disc that they took care of. Its something to be watched but I find your credibility lacking that he'll be done playing in a year or two. He doesn't have degenerative spine disease or any of the trappings that will keep him hurt all the time. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. BB and his medical staff just invested a bunch of money in this guy and I'm sure they did their due diligence.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

I appreciate your rebuttal but will explain my point. Yes after his surgery and rehab he seems to be fine. Fine in the way that he has been in therapy and passed it. Once you remove a disc you have altered nerve routes and have left a space (gap) where the disc has been removed. Under NORMAL living conditions most backs remain healty and thats for a period of time, but with a gap left in the spinal collumn normal compression tends to quicken, espically on a man his size. NOW, take into effect the pounding that this boy will take, the amount of weight he will sustain as he is tackled each and every time, and the unatural positions his body will be put into when being tackled along with the fact that he had this disc problem most likely caused from a football injury which in fact shows a weakness in his back, this adds up to a very potential problem. Now it very well could be that he never has this problem again, but I would put my career on the line and say due to his position in the NFL, the brutes he will face that can and will try to hurt him, the pounding his body will take on a DAILY basis and the nature of his injury, he will be most likely gone in 2 years. What am I basing that on you ask?, 14 years of experience and knowing the human body. Again I could be very wrong, but common sense, dont bet on it, I hope this young man does exceptional and never again has this problem.  Also please note, that at this point in time he may not have disc degenerative disease,  but due to his surgery, his gap of disc, the essential compression that will follow he will have it in some form in the near future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

I have to believe that the Pat's medical people have examined Gronk's medical records and believe his back is fine now or they wouldn't have chosen him. There were plenty of other teams waiting to scoop him up if we didn't. No I'm not a nurse wendylee03, but I know enough not to make a judgement on someone before you've had a chance to talk to his doctors and review his personal medical records.
    Posted by NoahJustin

Your response is noted, but my point is I have serious doubts for this young man. My concern isnt for a Doctor or team Doctor being paid and looking at this man as a business. My concern is looking at what he faces with the injury he had and the shock to his body that he as a football player is about to sustain. Remember this, he was out for a year in rehab and getting clearence for this future. A broken bone is one thing that easily heals over, a disc removed is a totally different situation. I wont argue with you on this but again my concern is for him as a man not a business.  I hav emy doubts from experience. I hope I am wrong and he never has this occur but I have seen this before with men that dont play a sport such as football and the injury returns in tasks as simple as taking out garbage to the curb. And God forgive me for saying this as a Nurse, but I would put about 30 percent belief into what any Doctor tells you. And that is from expierience

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Wendy, granted you may be right about future back problems, or it may never be an issue. I think we both hope and pray for the young man that it's the latter. Football is such a brutal sport that anytime any player steps out on the field he's taking a chance on a severe injury. It's just the nature of the game. It's like boxing I guess, you pay the price if you last long enough. Ultimately it's his choice, to play a few years to get rich and set for life. I also work in a hospital and have seen a army of drug addicts come in and get pain medicine they don't need. You can't protect people from themselves from their choices in life. I pray that mister Gronkowski had several different doctors opinions and has a healthy, long life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis, a narrow spine that if he was hit in the wrong way would most likely cripple him. I personally have seen this injury on usually construction workers and some athletes and what usually follows is severe disc degeneration. Normal healing of this situation with most that I have seen the person has a good 10 years depending on age of normal activity. A young man going into the NFL with just one year of healing time and rehab giving his position and body size and mass, along with the fact that 300 pound men will be tryng to put him down is a horrible situation. Many of us here at this hospital are Patriot fans and yes we have discussed this very same situation for this young man. Now I cannot predict what will happen but common sense dictates this boy will have his career in football ended within 2 years and with serious complications. So please M1021us, just shut up about things you have no knowledge about, and stop insulting people on this board with your petty remarks. I wish that guy Stomper would get to meet yo uand shut you up because you are the biggest degenerate on this board.
    Posted by Wendylee03

Wendylee03, Thank You darling for trying to stick up for me but dont get your hands dirty with some of the garbage in here... M1021puss is the biggest joke in here and no one can stand him. As for MVPKILLA, thats another little boy that wants to act like a man from the basement of his mothers house. They have no life to speak of and have to try and be all rough and tough in here, thats they only way they can be.  They feel they know everything about football and the only thing they know is nothing, and they know alot about nothing. You could be right I think they are boyfriend and boyfriend, MVPKilla likes tools and M1021puss is a tool so there you have it.  Since your a nurse what can you do to make the infection called M1021puss and MVPKILLA go away? Is there a cure for this fungus?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

He would have been happier if we took Dem. Thomas WR - from GTech with their 1st pick instead.  (I'm just saying....If the Pats went the WR route instead of CB)...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : You not only dont know anything about the medical field but you know even less about football. May I ask you something, is stupid the only word you know? Im curious, how old are you? 12 or 13? Does your mommy know your on the computer? Im going to guess that you writing in these forums and arguing and insulting all these people makes you feel like a man? Just think how grown up you will feel once your old enough to date a girl, doesnt that sound like fun?
    Posted by Wendylee03

I never claimed to know anything about the medical field.....But after reading your posts, I am quite sure that I know much more about football.....

My younger daughter is 5 and she is knows more about football than you do....and she doesn't even watch football....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Angry? lol no not angry, tired of reading a child insult people on this forum and do it from behind a keyboard when his mommy doesnt watch him. But since you brought this up let me enlighten you to some things about Business Doctors. A case in point of a baseball pitcher that needed quick surgery to repair a foot for a playoff game. I wont go into detail due to many reasons. What that Doctor did for the good of the team was and is a danger to this man, his being able to walk in the future, nerve damage that will affect him for the rest of his life and other complications that you wouldnt understand. Not to mention his actions being totally unethical because it was not in the patients best interrest. This act was done for MONEY. Please, when you are talking about professional athletes where billions of dollars are spent dont tell me what you think or read in a news paper. You have NO idea what goes on. The illegal drugs used and shot into these men on a daily basis for the good of the eam all the while these players having no idea what the long term effects are. As for Doctors with knowledge far superior to mine? I wont even go there. Doctors are there to treat the problem at that time and moment, Nurses are there before and after helping the patient get over and recover. If you or anyone else in these forums had the real knowledge of how the Team Doctors treat and abuse these young mens bodies you would be running to the nearest attorney. The unfortunate thing is that these boys so willingly do it for the money and fame, and of course to play football. Now there is nothing wrong with that if thats what you want to do, but remember this, you dont see these people when that have these incidents, we do and its not pretty. So next time you want to voice your opinion, maybe its you that needs to do yoru home work and research before you jump the gun and say well he had Doctors tell him he's okay.
    Posted by Wendylee03

What is funny is that you are a hypocrite....You jumped on me throwing insults at me about how you are all high and mighty about how you are a nurse....when I didn't insult anyone in that post....

nice try....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : You sound old and angry. How much do you weigh?
    Posted by russgriswold

Ever see the movie Porky's?  Buhla Ballbricker......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Angry? lol no not angry, tired of reading a child insult people on this forum and do it from behind a keyboard when his mommy doesnt watch him. But since you brought this up let me enlighten you to some things about Business Doctors. A case in point of a baseball pitcher that needed quick surgery to repair a foot for a playoff game. I wont go into detail due to many reasons. What that Doctor did for the good of the team was and is a danger to this man, his being able to walk in the future, nerve damage that will affect him for the rest of his life and other complications that you wouldnt understand. Not to mention his actions being totally unethical because it was not in the patients best interrest. This act was done for MONEY. Please, when you are talking about professional athletes where billions of dollars are spent dont tell me what you think or read in a news paper. You have NO idea what goes on. The illegal drugs used and shot into these men on a daily basis for the good of the eam all the while these players having no idea what the long term effects are. As for Doctors with knowledge far superior to mine? I wont even go there. Doctors are there to treat the problem at that time and moment, Nurses are there before and after helping the patient get over and recover. If you or anyone else in these forums had the real knowledge of how the Team Doctors treat and abuse these young mens bodies you would be running to the nearest attorney. The unfortunate thing is that these boys so willingly do it for the money and fame, and of course to play football. Now there is nothing wrong with that if thats what you want to do, but remember this, you dont see these people when that have these incidents, we do and its not pretty. So next time you want to voice your opinion, maybe its you that needs to do yoru home work and research before you jump the gun and say well he had Doctors tell him he's okay.
    Posted by Wendylee03

Blah, blah, blah, blah....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Your response is noted, but my point is I have serious doubts for this young man. My concern isnt for a Doctor or team Doctor being paid and looking at this man as a business. My concern is looking at what he faces with the injury he had and the shock to his body that he as a football player is about to sustain. Remember this, he was out for a year in rehab and getting clearence for this future. A broken bone is one thing that easily heals over, a disc removed is a totally different situation. I wont argue with you on this but again my concern is for him as a man not a business.  I hav emy doubts from experience. I hope I am wrong and he never has this occur but I have seen this before with men that dont play a sport such as football and the injury returns in tasks as simple as taking out garbage to the curb. And God forgive me for saying this as a Nurse, but I would put about 30 percent belief into what any Doctor tells you. And that is from expierience
    Posted by Wendylee03

What hospital did you say you worked at? Remind me to pick another one. I wouldn't want to be within 1000ft of it if youre and example of the type of employee they hire.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

M1021us, I amend my research...one overweight TE, one with back trouble, and one pothead....lol great group. I hope Alge can still block, that Gronk's back holds up, and AH doesn't smoke anymore weed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

M1021us, I amend my research...one overweight TE, one with back trouble, and one pothead....lol great group. I hope Alge can still block, that Gronk's back holds up, and AH doesn't smoke anymore weed.
    Posted by HRK103

Good analysis.....LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Edleman = Breakout Season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

And God forgive me for saying this as a Nurse, but I would put about 30 percent belief into what any Doctor tells you. And that is from expierience. I find this especially funny, because I would trust a Doctor's opinion way more than I would a nurse....That is why the DR's get paid more, they have the education behind them that the Nurses do not..... The fact that you think that you know more than the Dr's proves to me that you are all about yourself and you have your head up your s phincter.....  
    Posted by m1021us
    What a total Dousheebag you are for giving a woman with her opinion lip like you do. You are nothing more than a punk kid behind a keyboard shooting his mouth off. Why dont you and I hook up since you like to talk trash to women and lets see how you do with a me.  Come on princess, do you have the guts? I will pay for the first round and then we can see where it goes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : What hospital did you say you worked at? Remind me to pick another one. I wouldn't want to be within 1000ft of it if youre and example of the type of employee they hire.
    Posted by fourjays30

Hey Dimwit, shut your mouth and try showing respect for a woman. Who asked you your opinion?  So your a DR. I guess and you know more about it than she does? Come on hot shot, tell us what you know /> We need a good laugh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

And God forgive me for saying this as a Nurse, but I would put about 30 percent belief into what any Doctor tells you. And that is from expierience. I find this especially funny, because I would trust a Doctor's opinion way more than I would a nurse....That is why the DR's get paid more, they have the education behind them that the Nurses do not..... The fact that you think that you know more than the Dr's proves to me that you are all about yourself and you have your head up your s phincter.....  
    Posted by m1021us

So now your a genius not only in football, basball, and tool sukin, but now you know everything about Dr.s and nurses. You intelligence just amazes me. Look at all the respect you show people in here with your big mouth. You telling us you have a daughter? I doubt that dipstick, no woman would lay with you, your a tool smoker

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Noise, I think we grab our WR next year.  I was and really still would like CB Patrick Peterson, but since we grabbed a 1st rd CB in McCourty I cant see them grabbing another unless Butler explodes in flames or a major injury occurs. 

Russ, I saw the same games you did and agree on most of what u said.  I think we were super predictable.  Deep to Moss or dump to WW and that was it.  I like Moss, but in some ways hope he goes because our O was much better when TB threw to the open guy, not always the same 2 guys.  We also had a tough, grind it out running game.  Yes Maroney and say Smith both average over 4 yrds/carry, but LM dances and loses yards, Smith always moved forward and got the hard yards.  Maroney can get u the homerun, but Dillon/Smith types got what we needed and I and the O miss that. 
    Sadly, I think we are 2 more drafts away barring a little luck and players developing faster than I think they will from going on another string of SB wins.  My early prediction is we win in 2012 and 2013.  We also during that time used an extra 1st to actually trade UP and grab the best QB available to be trained under TB and the juggernaught that is the Pats rolls on even after TB retires.

Sections
Shortcuts