Tom Brady is a kept man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Tom Brady is a kept man

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a kept man:
    In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a kept man : LOL!  So the dude's face looks like the fecal matter that was deposited from Brady's goat....he can still throw a football 2nd best in the league......  
    Posted by m1021us

Even when you try to be funny you still fail.  He doesn't throw the ball second best in the league.  Without thinking about it he might be no better than 5th.  Its a good thing being a QB is about more than throwing the ball, because he is clearly the best QB in the NFL.  Everyone outside of Mass and a Pats bias knows that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Yea yea yea Underdogg, thats coming from you who I still have not heard back from after my last post. Someone shuts you down and what do you do? you duck them. I am pretty sure no one cares what you think in regards to Boston being tough guys or not.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Did I miss you tas - my bad. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paddypatriot83. Show paddypatriot83's posts

One note on the manning comments.  I've been coming to this site for years and one of the non-stop put downs of Manning is his face.  I don't get it?  Are most of you men in the closet and secretly dreaming of a date with Tom Brady?  Was it the ad of him cuddling a baby goat that did it for you?  Right or wrong cities frequently are pegged with a personality, and I always thought Boston was a tough guy town, but I suppose I was wrong.  A tough guy wouldn't really care what another guy looked like.  And the last thing a tough guy would care about is what a professional football player looked like.  Maybe Boston has become an "enlightened city" and had to shed its tough guy image to get there.  With the way this board talks about Manning's physical features, I've decided that must be the case.  Some of you mock like I would expect a makeup artist or hairdresser to.  Looking forward to football season.
    Posted by underdoggg

Might be wrong (and it might be predated) but Bill Simmons on ESPN has often commented on the 'Manning Face', not that he is ugly, but that he has a specific face which seems to appear at his moments of despair where he has failed to bring his team the whole way and doesn't seem to fully understand where and how that has occured - see, AFC 2003, 2004 especially. He had recently written about his belief that it has disappeared, only to see a surprise re-appearance in this years Superbowl.

Of course, the comments might just come from the fact that he is ugly............

(Although subconciously, male fixation on sporting / political or other idols or status figures is affected by their ability to perceive them being that individual and experiencing the life, status and responsibilities of that individual, hence it has been perceived that more 'handsome' individuals encourage greater appreciation and worship, not only from females, but males also...........laymans - if you want to imagine being a QB, or want to look up to a QB, it's not likely to be the ugly one....nothing homsexual neccessarily about it, just a construct of human nature. The dissatisfaction in comparison is therefore understandly one thing that may be referred to in illustrating differences between competing tribes / QBs - much in the same way I have seen Indy fans refer to Brady as a 'pretty boy' / 'male model', they are acknowledging the underlying social construct and interpretation of beauty and that Brady reflects that more than Manning does)

However, getting back to the initial point of this post:

1) Hell yes, so what he is kept. Gisele can keep me, or do whatever she likes, whenever she wants.

2) Whatever about Manning's face. He's not doing too bad himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a kept man : Even when you try to be funny you still fail.  He doesn't throw the ball second best in the league.  Without thinking about it he might be no better than 5th.  Its a good thing being a QB is about more than throwing the ball, because he is clearly the best QB in the NFL.  Everyone outside of Mass and a Pats bias knows that. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Really?  Manning is no better than 5th?  I beg to differ.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Plenty of QB's throw better balls than Manning - Brady, Brees, Favre, Rivers, Eli, Rodgers, just to name a few - but there is much much more that goes into being a QB than throwing the ball. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Plenty of QB's throw better balls than Manning - Brady, Brees, Favre, Rivers, Eli, Rodgers, just to name a few - but there is much much more that goes into being a QB than throwing the ball. 
    Posted by underdoggg

I know that there is more to just throwing a ball to be QB.....but I still think that Manning is much better than Eli and Favre.....

And it is debatable on if any of the others are even better than Manning....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a kept man : Even when you try to be funny you still fail.  He doesn't throw the ball second best in the league.  Without thinking about it he might be no better than 5th.  Its a good thing being a QB is about more than throwing the ball, because he is clearly the best QB in the NFL.  Everyone outside of Mass and a Pats bias knows that. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Even when you think you're making sense, you're still funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

m10 - I don't think any qb is better than manning, but I do think there are a number of qbs that throw the ball better than manning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I think I regret posting  this thread......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

m10 - I don't think any qb is better than manning, but I do think there are a number of qbs that throw the ball better than manning.
    Posted by underdoggg

there might be a couple, but based on Manning's completion percentage and INT's, he is absolutely better than Eli and Favre.....

And yes, he is 1B of the best QB's in the NFL......We all know who 1A is.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a kept man : there might be a couple, but based on Manning's completion percentage and INT's, he is absolutely better than Eli and Favre..... And yes, he is 1B of the best QB's in the NFL......We all know who 1A is.....
    Posted by m1021us

Today the 1a 1b thing is debateable, but admittedly I have felt that way in the past - that they were both the best and determining which is better is splitting hairs. 

That said - completion percentage and ints are not just about throwing the ball.  Its also about decision making - one of those areas in which manning is peerless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Posted by underdoggg

Yes, you have to know just how to work those officials into throwing flags for interference downfield at the most opportune time, giving you the yardage you could not earn for yourself.
    There is no question that Manning is the best in the league at this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tas - I said that today it is debateable, but in the past I have agreed with it.  In the last 2 years, Manning has won 2 MVPs (btw - NE is not killing MVPs anymore).  I give Brady the benefit of the doubt in 08 with his injury, but a year ago february everyone was saying brady would be back and at 100% from the beginning of the season. 

As the recipient of 2 ACL reconstructions myself, I doubted this but was maligned immediately.  The loudness of the rant against my feelings caused me to change my mind.  Brady was not as good as Manning this year. 

Last year Sporting News asked a number of "experts" who was the best and Manning won.   

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-09-09/sporting-news-nfl-top-100-peyton-manning-no-1-on-our-experts-list

As for Brady winning championships, anyone could have won with that defense of yours, and your clutch kicker at the time.  But I don't want to take too much from him. 

I am happy for both of our teams that we have them. 

BTW - what question of yours did I not answer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Tas - I said that today it is debateable, but in the past I have agreed with it.  In the last 2 years, Manning has won 2 MVPs (btw - NE is not killing MVPs anymore).  I give Brady the benefit of the doubt in 08 with his injury, but a year ago february everyone was saying brady would be back and at 100% from the beginning of the season.  As the recipient of 2 ACL reconstructions myself, I doubted this but was maligned immediately.  The loudness of the rant against my feelings caused me to change my mind.  Brady was not as good as Manning this year.  Last year Sporting News asked a number of "experts" who was the best and Manning won.    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-09-09/sporting-news-nfl-top-100-peyton-manning-no-1-on-our-experts-list As for Brady winning championships, anyone could have won with that defense of yours, and your clutch kicker at the time.  But I don't want to take too much from him.  I am happy for both of our teams that we have them.  BTW - what question of yours did I not answer?
    Posted by underdoggg

That is not true....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

Tas - I said that today it is debateable, but in the past I have agreed with it.  In the last 2 years, Manning has won 2 MVPs (btw - NE is not killing MVPs anymore).  I give Brady the benefit of the doubt in 08 with his injury, but a year ago february everyone was saying brady would be back and at 100% from the beginning of the season.  As the recipient of 2 ACL reconstructions myself, I doubted this but was maligned immediately.  The loudness of the rant against my feelings caused me to change my mind.  Brady was not as good as Manning this year.  Last year Sporting News asked a number of "experts" who was the best and Manning won.    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-09-09/sporting-news-nfl-top-100-peyton-manning-no-1-on-our-experts-list As for Brady winning championships, anyone could have won with that defense of yours, and your clutch kicker at the time.  But I don't want to take too much from him.  I am happy for both of our teams that we have them.  BTW - what question of yours did I not answer?
    Posted by underdoggg

Wow, You are really scraping bottom with this argument. You should be embarrased and as a Colts fan I certainly am ashamed. Please come up with something substantial. Brady is a system QB doesn't cut it.
    What a Joke

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sure it is.  Trent Dilfer proved it. 

Now, I am not comparing Brady to Dilfer, but if you are a good enough game manager with a historic defense then you can win games.  Brady is significantly better than dilfer but did not need to be given the greatness of your defense. 

It is exactly why (imo) the pats are struggling now.  What's left of that D?  Where is the leadership, the attitude?  Belichick picked up a couple of high powered receivers for Brady to compensate for the less effective defense. 

Manning proved that a team can win (somewhat) from the offensive side of the ball with an average defense.  Belichick knew his was going downhill but that he could parlay more wins through his offense.  I figure he thought he could use a great O to cover for a slipping D until he could rebuild that D. 

In 07 he almost did it.  08 without Brady the team still played well, but they also benefitted from an easy schedule.  09 they were exposed a bit. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Sure it is.  Trent Dilfer proved it.  Now, I am not comparing Brady to Dilfer, but if you are a good enough game manager with a historic defense then you can win games.  Brady is significantly better than dilfer but did not need to be given the greatness of your defense.  It is exactly why (imo) the pats are struggling now.  What's left of that D?  Where is the leadership, the attitude?  Belichick picked up a couple of high powered receivers for Brady to compensate for the less effective defense.  Manning proved that a team can win (somewhat) from the offensive side of the ball with an average defense.  Belichick knew his was going downhill but that he could parlay more wins through his offense.  I figure he thought he could use a great O to cover for a slipping D until he could rebuild that D.  In 07 he almost did it.  08 without Brady the team still played well, but they also benefitted from an easy schedule.  09 they were exposed a bit. 
    Posted by underdoggg

I don't think that Dilfer ever had to drive down the field in the last seconds to get into FG range for the win in any game, let alone 2 Super Bowls.....Nice try....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Sure it is.  Trent Dilfer proved it.  Now, I am not comparing Brady to Dilfer, but if you are a good enough game manager with a historic defense then you can win games.  Brady is significantly better than dilfer but did not need to be given the greatness of your defense.  It is exactly why (imo) the pats are struggling now.  What's left of that D?  Where is the leadership, the attitude?  Belichick picked up a couple of high powered receivers for Brady to compensate for the less effective defense.  Manning proved that a team can win (somewhat) from the offensive side of the ball with an average defense.  Belichick knew his was going downhill but that he could parlay more wins through his offense.  I figure he thought he could use a great O to cover for a slipping D until he could rebuild that D.  In 07 he almost did it.  08 without Brady the team still played well, but they also benefitted from an easy schedule.  09 they were exposed a bit. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Yep, with the veteran leadership that they lost, this is a true statement

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tas - If this had to do with my feelings that the Pats had their run and it was the early half of the decade, they sold out in 07 to get Moss, Welker, and Thomas seeing the decline coming and almost did something incredibly special, but didn't, then maybe that's it. 

Or it might have been that I think the most recent 5 years is more relevant today than the 5 years prior.  Currently we've got some pats fans hanging on to those glory days (but they passed on by).  Currently the pats are trying to figure out how to move forward and improve their defense.  Offense will be great as expected.  Currently, the Colts are a better team.  Have beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times they played (including, I believe, 2 in foxboro).  Colts have also been to 2 superbowls in the last 5 and won 1.  Maybe that's what you are talking about. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tas - The pats certainly could use a win against the colts.  And I am not naive enough to say it could not happen.  The colts did not manhandle anyone last year, they just went about their business and won. 

Knowing it can win close games is a good thing, but I hope the colts are better next year.  14-0 could just as easily be 9-5.  

Sections
Shortcuts