Tom Brady is on pace to.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Tom Brady is on pace to.....

Throw the most interceptions of his career.

Get sacked the most since his 1st year as a starter..so the most sacks in the past 10 years.

Break Dan Marino's 27 year passing yards record.....by over 500 yards.

Have the 2nd most passing attempts since 2002.

He has also been hit more times then i can remember the last 4 games.

Our running back trio has averaged 4.5 ypc this year.

We should throw more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....

He's also on pace to join the 3 others that have ever thrown 40 TDs or more in a season. But maybe we should slow that down so we can unleash our mediocre running game on the opposition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Light sucks, Mankins needs someone to put him in check, Vollmer needs more PT, and the rest are more than fine.

We need to be more commited to the ground game and use the play action and let Tom get comfortable. 

The reason we did so well last year in the pass was because we ran the ball to make teams respect the pass. If you abandon the run after a score your abandoning the game plan. We have talented players in Benny, Woody and Ridley. Lets give them the ball. It counters that in the box press they keep running against us. 

Brady needs some time to breathe in the pocket and unless we get a deep threat thats the only real option. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Interesting figures the Pats are 56-1 when the run the ball more then 50% of the snaps.

So far this year results (% represents passing plays for that game):

Jets - 48.5% - W
    Oak - 50% - W
    SD - 61.5% - W
    Dal - 62% - W
    Buf - 63% - L
    NYG - 67% - L
    Mia - 68.5% - W
    Pit - 74.5% - L

The trend seems pretty clear to me, the more we run the better shot we have to win the game. The better one is when you break down the % of passes for the second half the 3 games with the highest % are Buf, Pit, and NYG.

This doesn't mean you have to run it 50% of the time but more balance leads to a better team and better chances to win the game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....:
    He's also on pace to join the 3 others that have ever thrown 40 TDs or more in a season. But maybe we should slow that down so we can unleash our mediocre running game on the opposition.
    Posted by BabeParilli

And that somehow excuses the INTs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the pats throw to run- they are not a running team! get over it

Interesting figures the Pats are 56-1 when the run the ball more then 50% of the snaps. So far this year results (% represents passing plays for that game): Jets - 48.5% - W Oak - 50% - W SD - 61.5% - W Dal - 62% - W Buf - 63% - L NYG - 67% - L Mia - 68.5% - W Pit - 74.5% - L The trend seems pretty clear to me, the more we run the better shot we have to win the game. The better one is when you break down the % of passes for the second half the 3 games with the highest % are Buf, Pit, and NYG. This doesn't mean you have to run it 50% of the time but more balance leads to a better team and better chances to win the game
    Posted by PatsEng

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Interesting figures the Pats are 56-1 when the run the ball more then 50% of the snaps. So far this year results (% represents passing plays for that game): Jets - 48.5% - W Oak - 50% - W SD - 61.5% - W Dal - 62% - W Buf - 63% - L NYG - 67% - L Mia - 68.5% - W Pit - 74.5% - L The trend seems pretty clear to me, the more we run the better shot we have to win the game. The better one is when you break down the % of passes for the second half the 3 games with the highest % are Buf, Pit, and NYG. This doesn't mean you have to run it 50% of the time but more balance leads to a better team and better chances to win the game
    Posted by PatsEng

That could simply mean the running was ineffective so they did it less.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Posted by PatsEng

None of this is football news. A balanced offensive attack is always preferred as well as minimizing turnovers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : That could simply mean the running was ineffective so they did it less.
    Posted by BabeParilli

What do you do for a living? Have you consided a career as a professional excuse writer?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : That could simply mean the running was ineffective so they did it less.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Which caused them to lose. Even BB has said in the past that running the ball is more then just ypc. It's also preventing the opponents D from stacking the line or playing in a single defensive formation. It also opens up play action and outside the box receptions. I've remembered games in the past where teh pats running backs were averaging less then 3 yrds per carry but they still ran into more then 35% of the time simply because it was freeing up the passing game.

Football is a game a chess not checkers. You sometimes have to sacrifice plays to setup big moves. Just because 1 aspect isn't completely affective every time you play it doesn't mean you should give up on it and become completely lope sided

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : And that somehow excuses the INTs?
    Posted by Evil2012

News flash Evil One. You don't need to excuse a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. And Brady's INTs this year are 1 in a hundred passes more than his career mark, which is top 3 all-time. It is less than 1% different.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Which caused them to lose. Even BB has said in the past that running the ball is more then just ypc. It's also preventing the opponents D from stacking the line or playing in a single defensive formation. It also opens up play action and outside the box receptions. I've remembered games in the past where teh pats running backs were averaging less then 3 yrds per carry but they still ran into more then 35% of the time simply because it was freeing up the passing game. Football is a game a chess not checkers. You sometimes have to sacrifice plays to setup big moves. Just because 1 aspect isn't completely affective every time you play it doesn't mean you should give up on it and become completely lope sided
    Posted by PatsEng

I agree. An ineffective running game is a big factor in determining whether you win or lose. Without effective running the opponent can stack against the pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : News flash Evil One. You don't need to excuse a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. And Brady's INTs this year are 1 in a hundred passes more than his career mark, which is top 3 all-time. It is less than 1% different.
    Posted by BabeParilli

And yet the 3 loses is where he threw the most ints and happen to correlate to the highest % passes in the second half of those games (where the majority of his ints came). So unless he throws a perfect game or he doesn't have to throw as much we'll lose because he tends to throw more ints this season when asked to throw over 75% of the time in the second half? Yep great plan lets continue to do that then. Actually lets do it every time. Are you insane?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : I agree. An ineffective running game is a big factor in determining whether you win or lose. Without effective running the opponent can stack against the pass.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Did you read the post? I said BB still ran the ball even when it was ineffective and we still won. Because, it prevents the D from sitting back and stack the passing lanes which leads to an increase in int's thrown by Brady. Whether the running game is effective or not you need to run it to prevent teams from Ting off of the pass

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : And yet the 3 loses is where he threw the most ints and happen to correlate to the highest % passes in the second half of those games (where the majority of his ints came). So unless he throws a perfect game or he doesn't have to throw as much we'll lose because he tends to throw more ints this season when asked to throw over 75% of the time in the second half? Yep great plan lets continue to do that then. Actually lets do it every time. Are you insane?
    Posted by PatsEng

Six of his 10 INTs came in the Giants and Bills games. In both those games he drove for the tying or winning score at the end only to see the D fold and lose the game. So your theory about his INTs losing the games isn't holding water very well.

The only game that sticks out as a low rushing total is the Steelers game, and that was due to the D allowing the Steelers to keep the ball for an obcene amount of time during the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : News flash Evil One. You don't need to excuse a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. And Brady's INTs this year are 1 in a hundred passes more than his career mark, which is top 3 all-time. It is less than 1% different.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I'm not arguing with you. As I said before Brady could hand the ball to a defender and let them walk into the end zone and you would find ten excuses for it. Bottom line is throwing an INT when you're inside the opponent's 30 is giving away points-case closed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Nope. Chris Gasper, Felger, Mazz, Bruschi, and Rodney Harrison have that covered when dealing with the Pats analysis. We have too many of those as is. I've never seen so many people jump through hoops to defend or deflect from the poor play of a player before. I've never seen it.  I can't think of one athlete on the planet, maybe other than Derek Jeter and his crappy range in the field, but in this case, we as pats fans are admittting Brady isn't playing welll! We're actually miles ahead of those lame Jeter apologists who praised his "gold gloves" the last 5 years. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

It would be one thing if you were deluded by some fact. But your delusion is self imposed.

Brady had a 78, 102, 82 and 101 passer rating in the last 4 games respectively. I hate to break it to you chump, but if that isn't going to win for you there are bigger problems than your QB.

When your D gives up more yards than anybody in the f'n league you've got a huge problem. Duh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : I'm not arguing with you. As I said before Brady could hand the ball to a defender and let them walk into the end zone and you would find ten excuses for it. Bottom line is throwing an INT when you're inside the opponent's 30 is giving away points-case closed
    Posted by Evil2012

Since you have no facts to argue with I understand your reluctance.

I have no excuses for Brady because I need none. I'm going to go way out on a limb and say the 3rd rated passer, less than a point from the #2, isn't the problem. I'm going to go further out on the limb and say a mediocre running game isn't going to save us from the top tier passer. And yet further, that having a D that gives up the most yards in the league is a bigger issue than the HOF QB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tom Senior is not gonna admit his son is having his worst year in terms of pics. First thing to go is your eyes when you get old they say.

Stop being biased. If you want to ridicule Rusty on his pro-b.b. agenda you have to take the same punishment for excusing brady from any wrong doing when it is clear as day.

He is on pace for the most INT's because he is throwing too much and the more you throw the better the chance of an INT and also the more you throw means you are running less and teams go into games only needing to play one aspect. I wonder if thats why they lost 2 in a row...

Other teams with shytty Qbs actually look better than us because they use the simple fundamentals of run/pass ratio

Here is another secret Babe.  The opponents gets to look at your stats and see the trend of passing 49 , 50 times a game and I guess thats why the Giants were all geeked up knowing they had a chance at sacks. Its like a pass rushers dream playing us because they know they will get a lot of oppty's to rush.  the more they do the more likely to get sacks. See the trend I am establishing?  We are making it harder on ourselves.  As soon as we can put some film out there of us showing balance the sooner teams will stop pinning their ears back.

The only silver lining for us this sunday night is that the Jets dont have a pass rusher anywhere on their roster. They have to blitz to get pressure and this is where we will have success. Against the blitz, over the middle to Ocho and the Tight ends. Book it, or we lose other wise. For those who wanna talk about Aaron Rogers and his passing attack, consider this.

last sunday despite dropping a 40 burger, Aaron only had 26 pass attempts. Brady on other hand have almost 50. So he is throwing twice as much. Not surpisinly G.B. won and we lost.

You catch all that Babe?  Your son is fine player and you should be proud,but c'mon maaaaaan! Give us more credit than that. Bias-ness is rampant these days.

Rusty aka B.B's pot head son does the same, but nowadays he is coming along and atleast admitting his pops need help..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Since you have no facts to argue with I understand your reluctance. I have no excuses for Brady because I need none. I'm going to go way out on a limb and say the 3rd rated passer, less than a point from the #2, isn't the problem. I'm going to go further out on the limb and say a mediocre running game isn't going to save us from the top tier passer. And yet further, that having a D that gives up the most yards in the league is a bigger issue than the HOF QB.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Nice try jerk. I've given you facts and your response has been a whining 'he's a first ballot HOF QB'. You're a joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Anyone who is entirely excusing Brady's play is foolish but Rusty's anti-Brady crusades lately are getting beyond annoying. Listen, he's played bad but in every game other than the Steelers he's given them a chance to win late in the 4th quarter. If you think the defense has no blame in being 5-3 then boy you are delusional, its a team loss boys, lets stop playing the blame game

Sections
Shortcuts