Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Tom Brady is on pace to.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....

I'm beginning to believe that Jet's fans like Brady more than you do Rusty. 

Listen Rusty you really need to just invest in some milk. Do it!! It's got vitamins and protein in there...it's all the things your mom couldn't provide:)

And admit it, you never went to college. You didn't. You deliver new's papers in the morning and then post all day.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....:
    In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : This is where you have the Rusty disease, and I just can't figure out why. ALL QBs have point swings like you are pinning on Brady reltive to turnovers. Brady has one lost fumble which is better than 20 other QBs so far. He is on pace for 40 TDs which 3 other guys IN HISTORY have equaled but that is ignored. Only 5 times has that level been exceeded - EVER. And his INT number is within every paramater of what normal is. It is absolutely mind boggling that we have a D which gives up more yards per play than ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, yes, more than the 0-9 Colts, the 1-7 Dolphins and 1-7 Rams. Yet fans blame the 3rd rated QB with the 100 passer rating who is on pace for the 6th most TD passes ever thrown. Most teams would kill for a QB with those numbers. This is the single dumbest argument about football I have ever witnessed in my life. You people really don't deserve Brady. You really don't. You deserve Bledsoe.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Babe not all QB's have point swings like I stated in a single game. Averaged over a season yes this is true but not in single games. You can clearly tell when Brady is trying to hard and forcing balls into spots he shouldn't have thrown it. The whole point though is that we can directly relate 2 of the 3 loses to turn overs.

yes the D is an issue but the standing point of any good team is to limit any and all points of problems. Turn overs is one of those area's that can be limited. The way you limit them is to have a more balanced O, provided you have RB's that can hold on to the ball. There's is no one with more sure hands in the game then BJGE and Woodhead doesn't turn it over a lot either.

So, you can lower the risk of turn overs and actually open up the passing lanes if you run the ball more. It's been proven multiple times this year both on this team and other teams. Whether the running game is averaging 4 ypc or 2.5 ypc just having a slightly more balance attack has opened up throwing lanes and has reduced the risk of turn overs.

This in no way blames Brady more blaming the game planning in general. The reason I'm focusing on Brady right now is because that is what the thread is about. In other threads about the D I have focused on their miscounts, and on other threads about the O game planning I focus on the game plan. That's where me and Rusty separates is I see an all around failure from Brady wanting to throw the ball to often, the game calling not properly adjusting during the game, the D disappearing in the most critical moments, and the ST's not giving the O or D good field position.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Most teams would kill for a QB with those numbers. This is the single dumbest argument about football I have ever witnessed in my life. You people really don't deserve Brady. You really don't. You deserve Bledsoe.
    Posted by BabeParilli

This says it all.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Breaking news!! The Patriots have traded quarterback Tom Brady to the 1990's in exchange for quarterback Drew Bledsoe. They did this to satisfy a tremendously intelligent, highly successful and educated troll of a fan Rusty (aka my mom ran out of breast milk) defensive secondary genius. In the trade the Patriots will also receive a "how to rebuild a young and exciting defense" book. Also rumoured to be part of the agreement is a copy of "why the best quarterback in the league is the reason why our defense is so poor (but really not poor...just "exciting and young").

Clearly this is one hell of a lopsided exchange, which should propel us to Super Bowl glory! Now that the Patriots have acquired their quarterback of the future they just need to get going on that pass rusher...How about Rob Nincovich and Patriot Place for Bruce Smith?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In the Dallas and Giants games, which side of the ball outperformed the other? I'd rather have Weis era Brady.  If we were to even make a SB and Brady throws 2 or 3 INTs and not even generate a drive on his own, losing a SB would be because of the offense, not the defense. Were you happy when Brady threw an INT in SB 38 in the end zone in the second half? Our D gave up 29 points in that SB. You lose.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Hey when are you going to get around to telling us what's wrong with the defense? You already spent the past three weeks bashing the offense, can you point out some of the flaws of the last ranked defense? I'm sure we'd all love to be educated by your brilliant defensive mind. 

Perhaps you can start with some of our "young and exciting players". Or maybe you can talk about our bus load of very successful second round picks...some of which are no longer here or playing. Tell me again about how Dunlap is better than Cunningham...please Rusty...oh please. Maybe you can set up a draft board for us and you know target guys that Bill might think will fit our system. Perhaps you can tell us what it was that had you gushing over our brilliant pass rusher Moore (who is now picking cheese out of his belly button while watch America's Got Talent!).  

Don't leave us hanging Rusto...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts