Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League

I've had it with all the trolls attacking Brady.  Put this in your pipe and smoke it:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/statistics/quarterbacks/2009

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League

I have to wonder what people think would have happened had Brady not missed 2008? Aside from the fact we had the easiest schedule of the FA era in 08. I wonder how much better Brady could have been in 2009? He threw for 4400 and had 28 tds with no real options other then Moss/Welker(WW for 13 games) Would he have had to throw for 6000 yards and 40 tds for 2009 to "not be his fault"? Does anything short of a SB now spawn the question, "Whats wrong with Brady"?
    Get a grip people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League:
    Those numbers are nice and all but even the most blindly loyal Brady supporter has to wonder what has happened to the accuracy on his deep balls.The Pats are way to one dimensional to have Brady missing throws. U can still be a fan and have a critical opinion.He's not perfect after all.
    Posted by leatherhelmet

did you see the the deep one handed catch by Moss last week. do you think every deep pass is gonna be a homerun?

remember the precentages. how many at bats does a baseball paler get na dhome many homeruns do they have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League:
    I've had it with all the trolls attacking Brady.  Put this in your pipe and smoke it: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/statistics/quarterbacks/2009
    Posted by themightypatriotz

The present tense verb "is" is inconsequential. He is not the best QB at present. P. Manning is. Past laurels mean s hit.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder what has happend to his deep ball throws as well. He used to have a nice trajectory and touch, timing on those plays...now not so much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Brady needs a better supporting cast. No matter how you spin it BB has made some crappy draft picks the past few years. Great FA pickups but bad drafting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I wonder what has happend to his deep ball throws as well. He used to have a nice trajectory and touch, timing on those plays...now not so much.
    Posted by mthurl

If you guys would read the post I reported on what has happened to Brady you would know and have your answers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League : If you guys would read the post I reported on what has happened to Brady you would know and have your answers.
    Posted by JerrySpringer

Yeah and Jerry has all of the answers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Wasn't Brady known for throwing nearly all short passes for the majority of his career?  Teams used to be beaten by the surprise factor of long pass attempts as much as anything.  In 2007 Moss became the deep threat.  Now, there really isn't any data about Brady's deep passing that can be analysed without also looking at Moss.
    Brady hit Moss in the back of the end zone for an excellent one in the first half that Moss bobbled before going out.  Not complaining about the bobble, but that's a couple nice ones from Brady in one game.  He used to throw one like that a few times per season.
    Brady to Branch for 60 against the Steelers in the AFC game after stopping the Bus on 4th and 1 was like, OMG!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League : Yeah and Jerry has all of the answers!
    Posted by Rocky
    WEll Rocky, I dont claim t ohave any answers to be honest, this post was actually a radio spot I heard and just am bringing it to everyones attention as a possibility as to what is going on with Tommy Brady, Im just hear to help my old friend, its the best I can do as a concerned citizen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i actually do not care who is teh greatest. i am just greedy. i want them to win the sb. people can call him the worst of all time and i would not care so long as they win one, or two more during his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

i actually do not care who is teh greatest. i am just greedy. i want them to win the sb. people can call him the worst of all time and i would not care so long as they win one, or two more during his career.
    Posted by seattlepat70

You know something Seattlepat, its not even about that. I think what most fans here that are doomers are asking is, for Gawd sakes, why cant Bill Belichick just draft or hire someone for certain positions that we have needed for the last 5 years. At least an attempt at getting 1 running back and 1 pass rusher?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from frusteratedpatsfan. Show frusteratedpatsfan's posts

Can't keep going for the Home run when it's not there, get first downs, throw underneath. He did it before certainly has the weapons, long throws to Moss are low percentage.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

Tom Brady was, not long ago, the best QB in the league. His numbers from last year were elite level but Rivers, Manning and Brees played better football and Rodgers, Roethlisberger and Schaub were right there. The Pats have lost two of their last three [ including the playoff loss to the Ravens] scoring 14 points in those 2 losses. They scored 9 points in a loss to the Yets last season, 17 in a loss to Denver,  and couldn't muster a late comeback against the Dolphins relatively weak young secondary. Check Brady's home vs road stats.....they roughly mirrored the 2-6 road record.
          Brady is entirely capable of turning the Pats season around...and might be able to put enough points on the board to compensate for a suspect defense [ the Pats have allowed almost 30 pts per game in last 3]. Even with a running game that is mediocre at best.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is the Best QB in the League : You know something Seattlepat, its not even about that. I think what most fans here that are doomers are asking is, for Gawd sakes, why cant Bill Belichick just draft or hire someone for certain positions that we have needed for the last 5 years. At least an attempt at getting 1 running back and 1 pass rusher?
    Posted by JerrySpringer

i believe the talent argument is a cop out.

they have more talent now on offense than 2001-2004. r

b? dillon is an exception, since martin left. otherwise, a smith never had more talent than maroney or taylor now.  he definitely was not as quick.

i know that he never had a moss or a welker or the kind of TEs he has now, when he won the three SBs. in 2001 the pats did not really have a lot of offensive weapons yet bb benched his best - glenn.

let's break down the d. DL? warren did not look bad. people here praise vw. brace is not bad either.  they were getting through the OL in the first half.  LBs? i don;t believe they have less talent now with cunningham, spikes, mayo and TBC. the only con against them is that they are young. they will mature, perhaps through the season. secondary? this is the speediest secondary that the pats has had in the last 10 years. yeah, they got destroyed in the second half, but i don't think it was lack of talent.

i am hoping the players are not thinking they don't have enough talent to go all the way. it's always a problem if they keep waiting for something they don't have.

i do think they have to burn the current play book and start over. i am talking about both o and d.

Sections
Shortcuts