Tom Brady Needs to take a look in the mirror

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Re: Tom Brady Needs to take a look in the mirror

//Also, the Fred Taylor experiment didn't work.  The guy had no impact this season. Injured much too long, then was still too hurt to contribute - exactly why the Jags let him go. Time to retire.  I am not expecint to find Morris or Ellis back next year, but who will they get to replace them?//

The running back situation was a disaster to watch all season.  I can't help but think Brady would have done a much better job if he could hand the rock off to a talented and reliable running back.  Taylor, Morris and Fumbilina are all second tier running backs.  I 100% blame BB for this mess.  He should have known this team needed more offensive balance to be successful.  The Patriots and Brady are doomed to fail again unless the learn to run the ball next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from codfishcat. Show codfishcat's posts

One last comment - as I watched the beginning of th game yesterday - I absoluted decided that the BR were pumped up with you know what!  I think that they should have been tested after the game. 

It seemed that overnight their physique changed. 

We will never know.  Too bad. 

One final note - what happened to the offensive players who were suppose to protect TB?

bye

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Maybe we can trade TB for Joe Flacco.

I'm sure Flacco's 4 completions for 34 yard would have won the game for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjc33tampa. Show tjc33tampa's posts

Listen all you people can say I don't know football and this and that.

The team is not that good anymore!  Get it through your thick head.

Bulls, Celtics, Cowboys, 49er's, Broncos 

Team had great runs and went to crap because they held on too long.
    Tom Brady is not in his prime...his best years are gone and Gisele and his family come first.  I don't say I blame him but it is true. 

I want to win and not get knocked out in the first round the next 3 years and then be old dogs and have 5-6 years of sub .500 football.

Tom Brady was great on a great team but him getting pounded and not having the team around him ...he can't do it alone.
    We have no running game .... Moss is all we have to catch the ball .. our line is beat up ...we need to rebuild it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I don't even know what to say about this?  Been staring at the keys because this is a such a moronic thing to suggest.
    TB is still top three QB in the NFL and top three all time.  There's the OL who couldn't block blitzes, RBs missing blocks, dline, CBs ...
    The OC and DC just blowing yet another game, Brady is not what this team needs to fix other than give him an extension.  His contract ends after next season, we need to give him a 6 year contract extension.
    Please just jump off the wagon.  Are you insane!  and TB must be a pretty good QB to get Jackson and a #1, why give send him away?  Cincy's QB, Carlson P. was out with a similar injury brady had, it strugled for a year but came back and had one of his best seasons his second year after his injury.  Brady will be Brady!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

"Tom Brady is not in his prime...his best years are gone and Gisele and his family come first.  I don't say I blame him but it is true."

This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard....Brady has his second best statistical season of his career a year after blowing his knee out and he is past his prime?

You are definately a top of the IDIOT list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I love the people that say Brady is past his prime

65.7% comp. 4,398 yards 28 TD's and 13 INT's.

God thats just terrible, its only his 2nd best season of his career.

The problem was the offensive game plans are just awful. I know football well, probably not as good as any pro player and I can call out the Pats plays when they line up. Just imagine what an intelligent defense is doing.

Another problem is personal. How can you enter a season planing on running 3 and 4 receiver sets and only have 2 on your roster (minus a rookie converted and a special teamer)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjc33tampa. Show tjc33tampa's posts

Brady is top 3 of all time?  Who cares about all time I care about today ... he is not top three in the league right now.
    We won three titles great ... we can't win now

I am just saying if the Pats were not thinking it we would not have dumped Seymour ... what if Wilfork leaves where do we go?

We need a player personel guy in house .. to avoid Ron Brace / Chung
    type moves ... we need to hit on some of these picks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

He came off of major knee surgery and had his second best season....EVER.

5th in total Yds, 7th in Completion %, 6th in TD's, 9th in passer rating...

How dumb are you looking right now?  Seriously, pretty Dumb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

tjc33tampa,

So you are telling me completing 66% of your passes for 4,400 yards and 28 TD's isnt good? Not to mention the #1 reciever in the NFL missed 3 of those games and coming off a season ending knee injury. One more thing Brady doesnt block, call the game, defend the pass, punt, or stop the run. The team wasnt good enough to win it all this year thats not his fault.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjc33tampa. Show tjc33tampa's posts

2006 AFC Championship Gisele appears
    We blow a huge lead ...

2007 The Giants .... nothing needs to be said

2008 5 minutes in Brady blows his knee

2009 last possible minute Welker blows his knee and lost for next year
    worst home defeat at the new stadium

So that is 4 years ...I see a trend choking in the big game and injuries, I don't know what the anwser is but Pioli grabbed Weis pretty quick ..and we are holding nothing. 
    We have been raided of Romeo / Weis / McDaniels / Mangini / Pioli / Dimitroff it is time maybe to rebuild the front office too.  

I trust BB to game plan and scheme and to get a team ready for battle ... but to pick the players and do what he has been doing, it may be wearing him out 

But Brady to say we lacked leadership ???  It comes from you big boy .... you are the leader of the whole league with Manning for God's sake.  He wants to be PC and be everybody's friend ... call out who needs to be called out (moss) ... and get back to being Tom Brady and not a hollywood quarterback as Parcells would say. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Just because we want a winning team, and that means trades (including Brady) doesnt mean we are trools, If we said trade Bledsoe before he got hurt you goofballs calling everyone trools would have cried again too.
    I said this Last year, KEEP Casel and trade Brady for a huge Packaged deal. Not one person liked that, now everyone is saying it..
    Its too late, they should have kept Casel, Traded Brady, got huge on Defense and built a whopping team again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wendy were you alive when the Sox trade Ruth away?  How did that work out?  You can not ever get enough for Brady, and keep casel as the QB are you serious?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Read chrisakawoody's post I could not say it any better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MossBradyChamps. Show MossBradyChamps's posts

Giselle was hired by the Colts to mess the Pats up! Her contract is for 10 years and expires in 2016 when Brady retires.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Brady 66% 4,400 YDS 28 TD's 13 INT's

Cassel 55% 2,924 YDS 16 TD's 16 INT's

Man you are right we should have kept a great player like Cassel. He is so much better then Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Tom Brady Needs to take a look in the mirror

I disagree, if what you are actually pointing at is Tom's effort and dedication.  Personally, I didn't like the way he was throwing the ball in the first five games.  However, it became increasingly clear that the options that he has resemble the 2006 team.  Of course, this was the year that the team had to form an attack with Reche Caldwell; without Branch and Givens.  I believe the team learned that it essentially had to give Brady better options to make the offense effective.  In 2007, the team flourished with a heap of new receivers/options.  Although the team went 14-5 (overall), they came to the realisation that they could not compete with Indy, unless they could put the points up.  Sound familiar?  (No.  It had nothing to do with Mangooni leaving.)

In addition, it became increasingly obvious in 2009/10 that leadership needs to be dispersed through the various units- not just at the QB position.  I believe Brady also pointed this out.  Personally, I give Brady extra points for playing through it all (hurt) and not using injuries as a crutch.  However, if the team intends to use Tom effectively, they will need to build around him like they did in 2007.  Although players like Galloway sound good in the off-season, they are obviously not the answer...just wishful thinking.  Interestingly, Gaffney appears to be on of those few (far) reaches that have really worked out at the position.  It may be even more interesting that the position of TE seemed to be hardly capitalised (used primarily for blocking) on at all this year.  It wasn't too long ago that fans were grumbling about the Pats drafting more TE's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

FYI: he looks familar.  In fact, they all do.  Semper Fi!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

BTown,

I dont think they utilized the TE because of the factthat they did not have a true fullback. They used Watson and Baker more as a FB. Coming down in motion and wham blocking or lead blocking threw the hole. I think not having a true FB hurt the offense as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

First: 1/22/2007
    Last: 1/11/2010
    Brady did not have a broken finger.
    Brady did not have broken ribs.

Stop the lie now. Man up Pats fans, no excuses for a change. The Pats got manhandled because they didn't show up to play. When Welker got hurt in a meaningless regular season game, the team quit. PERIOD.

LOL!  Is this Brady's Doctor?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I can't believe some of the people on this post have the balls to blame Brady. He is the main reason this franchise is not one of the laughing stocks of the league like they were before he got here. 3 rings, and seconds away from # 4.Mvp of the league, while rewriting every QB record in NFL history. 16-0 season. He won rings while throwing to no name receivers. He never had the receivers Manning had until 2007.
       Who knows what kind of injuries Brady had, broken finger, ribs, shoulder??? We probably will never know because Brady won't make an excuse, nor acknowledge it if somebody asks him about his injuries.
     In Sunday's game it looked like Moss wasn't 100% either. He never went deep, nor exploded out from his cuts. He seemed reluctant to run all out. Now take Moss away because he was probably injured and you have Brady trying to throw to a rookie former QB, and Sam Aiken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

By the numbers Brady was about the 5th or 6th best QB in the NFL.  That's coming off a Knee injury and facing some of the best defenses in the NFL this year.  I know some will say he threw too many interceptions.  He had 13 INT's which is actually about average this year and average for his whole career.  He threw less INT's than Manning (16) and Warner (14) and less than most starting QB's.  10th least INT's when counting QB's who played the whole year. 

It was not his best year but he is still the best QB out there.  You people that just want to fire everybody after a loss need to get a hobby.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

OK, fire Brady, fire Moss.  Spend the Next 25 years looking for a "clutch" QB who never loses a playoff game. 

Can you name any player right now who is "clutch" and who wins super bowls.  The only guy is Ben Roethlisburger and his team isn't in the playoffs. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

WHY does EVERY Brady critic have convienent blinders on???

OK, maybe Brady does or doesn't have a nagging shoulder injury...Maybe he does or doesn't have a broken finger on his throwing hand...Maybe he does or doesn't have 1 or 2 or 3 broken ribs...That aside...

WHY did Brady get AP Comeback Player of the Year???  BECAUSE he came back within 1 year from a possible career ending knee injury (like Carson Palmer's injury that took even longer)!!! THAT in itself shows you how much Brady put into this season and off-season!!! THAT shows you the heart he has, the love of the game he has, the competative nature he has!!!  So this year wasn't his greatest...but you know what? It wouldn't have been for ANY QB in the NFL under the same circumstances!!!  Did the Cincy fans call for Carson to be traded after he came back from his knee surgery & recovery? NO (well maybe a few), because they understood the situation & that he would be back to full strength (like he is). And just like Carson Palmer's situation when he came back, our defensive situation isn't Tom Brady's fault.

I, as a Die Hard Patriots fan now living in SoFL, was very suprised at how well Tom Brady played this year after coming back from his knee surgery! Especially with the OL playing as poorly as it has all season!

STOP all this nonsense about trading Brady!  He will be back healthy & ready to go!!!  He will now have a full off-season to prepare & heal because this off-season unlike last, he won't be re-habing his knee, he'll be strength & conditioning his body for next season!

tjc33tampa, who states that Brady has been the problem since 2006...you just show how much you are a fareweather fan or actually not a fan but a pretend fan who hates the pats:

2006: Bad PI calls & a diminishing Defense caused the loss that game.

2007: The Awesome 2007 Offense overshadowed the fact that the Defense was just horrible, cocky & arrogant!

2008: Brady didn't play

2009: Brady back from a possible career ending injury! Rebuilding year 1.

Then about Moss:

Do you not REMEMBER the game Moss played with a severly hurt back because Welker was hurt & not playing? He recorded one of his best games, but hurt his body more!!!  All this Moss is Dogging it crap, is just that CRAP! He had worse injuries that BB wouldn't let anyone know & this last game, Moss was hobbling from a hurt knee all game.  He too will get better this off-season & will be ready & in synch with Brady for the 2010 season rest assure!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

What makes you think he doesn't look in the mirror already?

Sections
Shortcuts