Tom Brady on EEI "Our margin of Error is very slim"= defense blows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Tom Brady on EEI "Our margin of Error is very slim"= defense blows

To me, that's a mini shot at the defense for not being able to muster up a stop when needed. It happened v. Carolina too. Brady leads us downfield to a lead and the D can't get a stop. Tom has certainly had his struggles this year but the defense can no longer help him out it seems. Tom makes the clutch drives and d can't get clutch stops. Can't win that way. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Tom Brady on EEI

It works both ways.  If the offense can take advantage late in the game to put the team ahead, the defense needs to compliment the efforts of the offense and not give up the lead and leave the offense little time to get it back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

When Brady is forced to make two last minute comebacks at the end of the game after what weve seen him do the past few weeks.... yea your chances probably arent that great. We need a miracle postseason now..... smh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

he said the same thing when Gronk went down, no shot at anyone

too many injuries - people not playing and people playing hurt

We had the horses to be there - now all we can do is root them on and hope

no one to blame

eveyone should stop blaming their personal pinata GM, coach,tb wrs D, etc

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

To me, that's a mini shot at the defense for not being able to muster up a stop when needed. It happened v. Carolina too. Brady leads us downfield to a lead and the D can't get a stop. Tom has certainly had his struggles this year but the defense can no longer help him out it seems. Tom makes the clutch drives and d can't get clutch stops. Can't win that way. 

yes you said it best, "to YOU"

He couldn't possibly mean the team as a whole.

Defense not getting the stop or stops. **edits**

Ghost mising the FG and kicking out of bounds. **edits**

The offense getting in the Red Zone how many times? How many TD's did they score?

Yeah he must have ONLY meant the defense. Brilliant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes you said it best, "to YOU"

He couldn't possibly mean the team as a whole.

Defense not getting the stop.

Ghost mising the FG.

The offense getting in the Red Zone how many times? How many TD's did they score?

Yeah he must have ONLY meant the defense. Brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

Well obviously the whole team needs to play better but I bet Tom is mad. He put them in position again. 

Yes all three phases need to be better but tom has been clutch as of late and the d has been so so

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

whole team needs to play better.......big plays at the right times aren't happening alot this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

whole team needs to play better.......big plays at the right times aren't happening alot this year.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah offense has been a shell of last year, for solid reason. And a defense once a turnover machine that it used to be can't seem to grab a pick or fumble lately

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I would like to see Brady expolde just once and say to BB "What the heck are you doing with the money you saved from my hometown discount?!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see Brady expolde just once and say to BB "What the heck are you doing with the money you saved from my hometown discount?!"

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I think this was. A mini shot at the D. TB must be mad

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

BRILLIANT!!!!!

I guess that his comment has nothing to do with the shanked kickoff giving the Fish the ball on their 40 late in the game. Or the dropped passes, or the occasional poor OLine protection, or the overthrows........ JUST the defense gives the team that thin margin of error.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

he said the same thing when Gronk went down, no shot at anyone

too many injuries - people not playing and people playing hurt

We had the horses to be there - now all we can do is root them on and hope

no one to blame

eveyone should stop blaming their personal pinata GM, coach,tb wrs D, etc

Sure we have had injuries, every team does, but the secondary and the LBs in pass coverage can't cover anyone and we get little pressure up front. It's a problem we've had for several years now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

You little slimy turds

The only slimy turd here is you.  When was the last time the Patriots lost a game where you didn't fault Brady and the offense.  What does the defense have to do give up 50  before you put some blame at their feet?  They basically took the 2nd half off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The offense had drives of 15 and 17 plays and came away with FGs. If either of those two drives ended as a TD, then they just needed a FG to win it at the end. They own some of the responsibility too. He knows that. Its not an either-or thing. Both sides of the ball (and the kicking game) need to be better. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

aren't acknowleding the injuries on the D

Why don't YOU acknowledge the injuries on offense?  Gronk, Dobson, KT, Vollmer were all out and Solder and Boyce left the game with injuries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

aren't acknowleding the injuries on the D

[/QUOTE]

Why don't YOU acknowledge the injuries on offense?  Gronk, Dobson, KT, Vollmer were all out and Solder and Boyce left the game with injuries.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty is going "la-la-la-la-la-la" to this .

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

To be fair the defense lost two of their best linemen, their best linebacker, and their best cb isn't 100%. Still would like to see more from the defense, but those injuries would be hard for any defense to overcome.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The offense had drives of 15 and 17 plays and came away with FGs. If either of those two drives ended as a TD, then they just needed a FG to win it at the end. They own some of the responsibility too. He knows that. Its not an either-or thing. Both sides of the ball (and the kicking game) need to be better. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I am tired of the D playing well all game,

[/QUOTE]

What don't you understand about the D collapsing at the end, when the whole game is on the line, is NOT them "playing well all game"?

The truth is, "the D played well until the end of the game, then lost it".

(But I still say it is on Gostkowski for missing that key FG and causing a whole different dynamic at the end.)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts