Tom Brady on EEI "Our margin of Error is very slim"= defense blows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Tom Brady on EEI

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The offense had drives of 15 and 17 plays and came away with FGs. If either of those two drives ended as a TD, then they just needed a FG to win it at the end. They own some of the responsibility too. He knows that. Its not an either-or thing. Both sides of the ball (and the kicking game) need to be better. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I am tired of the D playing well all game,

[/QUOTE]

What don't you understand about the D collapsing at the end, when the whole game is on the line, is NOT them "playing well all game"?

The truth is, "the D played well until the end of the game, then lost it".

(But I still say it is on Gostkowski for missing that key FG and causing a whole different dynamic at the end.)

[/QUOTE]

The truth is the D played well until 2 minutes left in the first half, then gave up scores on 4 of 5 drives (3 TDs and a FG), 24 points in 32 minutes. Thats a BAD half + 2 minues for the defense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Your problem is, you don't see a connection with a putrid offense for extended periods and the other team benefitting from that.

In a game like this, you can point to literally 5 plays that did't go your way, that could have or should have and we win.

I am not even sure one of those plays was an example of the D having some massive gaffe or series of gaffes like is being spun here.

Was that PI on Fletcher? Not to me it wasn't, especially with Homman mugged in the end zone on 3rd down like that.

The missed FG or short field off the bad kick off by Ghost would be two plays that have nothing to do with the D, and in fact, HARM the D.

[/QUOTE]

I certainly haven't been slamming the D as I have in past years, because they have done fairly well considering the injuries. BUT, you HAVE TO play well at these crunch time moments at the end. They typically do not. Haranguing the offense over and over and over because they didn't do that great at some relatively early point in the game doesn't change that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

he said the same thing when Gronk went down, no shot at anyone

too many injuries - people not playing and people playing hurt

We had the horses to be there - now all we can do is root them on and hope

no one to blame

eveyone should stop blaming their personal pinata GM, coach,tb wrs D, etc

[/QUOTE]

It's not one person, not one injury, it's not strictly offense or defense or ST or coaching. collectively, it's the whole enchilada.The way things are going this year - it's a matter of time before the house of card falls down. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no one to blame

[/QUOTE]

It's not one person, not one injury, it's not strictly offense or defense or ST or coaching. collectively, it's the whole enchilada.The way things are going this year - it's a matter of time before the house of card falls down. 

[/QUOTE]

could be worse........we could be Leon's Jets.........his season ended so fast he has to come on to our forum to instigate.....talk about embarrassing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

aren't acknowleding the injuries on the D

[/QUOTE]

Why don't YOU acknowledge the injuries on offense?  Gronk, Dobson, KT, Vollmer were all out and Solder and Boyce left the game with injuries.

[/QUOTE]

and it doesn't stop there. Gotta include coaching from Patricia to McD to BB. Oh, and, the other teams actually shows up to play too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no one to blame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

could be worse........we could be Leon's Jets.........his season ended so fast he has to come on to our forum to instigate.....talk about embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

lol....too true.  No matter what....it's been a helluva fun season to watch the Patriots this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

@DEADAHEAD

hey rusty, im mad that the D has not made clutch stops. i get  they played good in the first half but still coming up with the game winning stop is what i want like week 4 or week 6 against the saints.

don't tell me to mature up on here. i watch the same thing you do. dont get me wrong i was ALL defense until they started letting houston drop 30, cleveland score 26 and miami 24 and alot in thr second half.

don't sit here and call me out for what i see. the  carried us until week whatever v. denver but they also have not done anything in second halves last 3 weeks.

here, let me say this rusty, the offense needs to convert redzone opp. (mcdaniels needs run) aand the defense needs to make stops in the second half not just the first.

its onn the whole team. everyone neess to play better. dont play this one sided game rusty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think Brady's saying that I hit my guys in the hands. If they don't stop dropping so many we will get knocked out of the playoffs early, inspite of the defense. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no one to blame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol....too true.  No matter what....it's been a helluva fun season to watch the Patriots this year

[/QUOTE]

I agree. People on this board are acting like the Pats are toast. With all of the injuries they have had, they have lost 4 games by a combined 18 points. They lost to Cinci (a likely division winner) by 7 when they had none of their receivers from last year except Edelmann (Amendola was out hurt). They lost to the NY Losers by 3 in OT after an, uhhh, questionable?? penalty call. They lost to Carolina (a possible division winner) by 4, but had  a chance to win the game at the end only to have a PI penalty called and then overruled. And basically the same situation happened yesterday where the PI wasn't called after it happened, but they were right there at the end. They are in every game, the margain between winning and losing is razor thin, and the recieving corps is still in flux. But the young guys are getting VALUABLE experience on both sides of the ball, and it has been fun to watch...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@DEADAHEAD

hey rusty, im mad that the D has not made clutch stops. i get  they played good in the first half but still coming up with the game winning stop is what i want like week 4 or week 6 against the saints.

don't tell me to mature up on here. i watch the same thing you do. dont get me wrong i was ALL defense until they started letting houston drop 30, cleveland score 26 and miami 24 and alot in thr second half.

don't sit here and call me out for what i see. the  carried us until week whatever v. denver but they also have not done anything in second halves last 3 weeks.

here, let me say this rusty, the offense needs to convert redzone opp. (mcdaniels needs run) aand the defense needs to make stops in the second half not just the first.

its onn the whole team. everyone neess to play better. dont play this one sided game rusty.

[/QUOTE]

Talib hasn't been the same since the Saints game. We got more stops because we were healthier.

The other thing that game, which I mentioned at the time, is we would never won it if we didn't try to establish a real run game in the first half on them, to up our odds to keep Brees off the field, more so in the second half with playaction.

That was the difference. IN the 3rd qtr of that game, our offense was atrocious as well.. But, again the difference was that we could force the Saints D to respect our run game AND we took clock.

Two huge keys.

Our dynasty era defense, in an easier era to play defense, was more well rested with our great ball control style offense.

It's the truth. I watched our team play ideal complementary footbal for 3 SBs in 4 years.

I didn't like the red zone playcalling. Sometime it's being simple and just wanting it more than the defense, where you run it in.

McDaniels is a finesse puss and Brady likes to throw.  A few changes in the playcalls during those key moments and we likely win.

It's no different than poor offense in SB 46. Think about it:

An INT...A drop. If just one of these does not occur, we win the SB.  That's not on the D.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, i do think Talib is not 100% at all and thats why i think he was not on Wallace. but what i didnt get is why Arrington was mainly on Wallace oveer Dennard or Ryan... blows my mind there.

and yes. without gronk the Redzone pass game can easily be taken out. BLount was carrying defenders yesterday, i think a redzone carry would've been effective. we to run more in general and for sure in the redzone...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They could have doubled Wallace at times with Talib on the outside some more. They could have chipped a bit with Nink and then had Fletcher on Clay.

Some mix and match elements were missing a bit, IMO.

But, overall, 10-10 in the 3rd is not some egregious scenario either.  We were 1/4 in the red zone and we won't win in the playoffs with that kind of an offense.

[/QUOTE]

1st. redzone playcall was a joke. we can all agree there.

2nd, BB thought Clay was theiir Xfactor because that guy has made a huge difference everygame and yet BB took him out somehow. i didn't really pay attention to who was on him at times because i was to busy crying while seeing Arrington lineup outside everyplay over Alfonso and Logan. i just cant get over that... also want to see more collins on pass downs over Dont'a please

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We were 1/4 in the red zone and we won't win in the playoffs with that kind of an offense."

True. That's a coaching problem, Belichick better fix this.. Hoping our mini-me slot receivers can get open in the red zone is naive and isn't going to work.

He should have seen this coming, prior to Gronk's return we were terrible in the red zone also. Fortunately there is time to fix this, mix in the run and some pitches and maybe get one of our bigger receivers healthy etc. 

The defense didn't give up that many points but it showed every indication that it would give us points in crucial situations, including crucial 3rd and longs. Hightower played much better against the run but they have to get him out of coverage.

The offense must get better because the defense can't get much better at this juncture. We're stuck with it to a large degree. Hopefully Bill and Brady can sort this out together. Beating the Ravens would be key to building that confidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@DEADAHEAD

[/QUOTE]

Lastly, I am not making it one sided....YOU ARE. You're playing Brady Ball Washer by saying Brady is pointing to the D, which he isn't.

He's ticked off the playcalling and the execution of the offense in the red zone.

I am just tired of watching the offense miss opps all game long, sometimes for huge stretchers in a row and then all of a sudden, our depleted D can't channel a healthy, legendary D against a deseperate wild card team at home in 85 degree weather at the end.

I look at what they did earlier and see a lot of opps left on the table by the offense.

The Gronk excuse doesn't work either because we didn't even get into FG range for 3.5 qtrs last week at home.

Miami's offense was only 4/11 on 3rd downs. More than sufficient 3rd down D.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, making friends and spreading sunshine since 2008.

Keep it up brother. This melt down has been brittney spears like. Pull back buddy. Take a breather and reevaluate your hopes and dreams.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do not disagree.   I don't think Arrington or Talib on Clay though is the root cause as to why we lost.

Where I disagree is, we should have lost last week at home and it was because our offense was awful, unable to cross into the enemy territory for a FG until Gronk got hurt which was halfway through the 3rd.

You can't have one side of the ball not competing during most of the game and expect to win.

Who knows maybe the D and O play a lights out 60 minutes next week vs Baltimore trying to atone for a missed opportunity in Miami.

They're going to have to do this the next 2 games to prove they can do it before their first playoff game.

[/QUOTE]

agree the offense was god awful v. Cleveland.

after getting a break seeing denver lose i thought we would try and roll miami. now that Cincy saved our azzes too to keep the bye i think this is the real wake up call. win out these last two. get #2 and lets get healthy and make a run at this.

also, rusty you love talking about fanbases.... down here in south FL all of a sudden the miami sh1t is out and all of a sudden there are a ton of PHins fans... i know 3 people who are actual diehards the rest just hopped on today. can't stand it. i can't wait to move back to NE.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@DEADAHEAD

[/QUOTE]

Lastly, I am not making it one sided....YOU ARE. You're playing Brady Ball Washer by saying Brady is pointing to the D, which he isn't.

He's ticked off the playcalling and the execution of the offense in the red zone.

I am just tired of watching the offense miss opps all game long, sometimes for huge stretchers in a row and then all of a sudden, our depleted D can't channel a healthy, legendary D against a deseperate wild card team at home in 85 degree weather at the end.

I look at what they did earlier and see a lot of opps left on the table by the offense.

The Gronk excuse doesn't work either because we didn't even get into FG range for 3.5 qtrs last week at home.

Miami's offense was only 4/11 on 3rd downs. More than sufficient 3rd down D.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, making friends and spreading sunshine since 2008.

Keep it up brother. This melt down has been brittney spears like. Pull back buddy. Take a breather and reevaluate your hopes and dreams.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, Bustchise you tricky fella you!  lmao

My hopes and dreams certainly have been yours. You work at a movie theater, claim to have played in the NFL and live in a basement in Paramus, NJ in your mid 40s as a virgin, trolling a Pats board.

Who knows, the time your aren't here, you may be on other PAts boards doing it.

[/QUOTE]

Haven't been to a movie(or in a theater)since I took my oldest boy to happy feet I think.(Rip off...I wait to buy the DVD) Not in my 40's yet. only been through NJ. Never lived/stayed there. Been over 2 decades since the big "V" left the building. Loved the Pats since mid 80's(I was 10 or so)

not on any other Pats boards.

not bustchise.

any other proclamations Nostradamus?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Anyone when dumb enough too say the Pats have a good defense has no clue about football.  

Brady bashers are just Jets fans.

Sections
Shortcuts