Tom Brady on EEI "Our margin of Error is very slim"= defense blows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Tom Brady on EEI

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

@DEADAHEAD

hey rusty, im mad that the D has not made clutch stops. i get  they played good in the first half but still coming up with the game winning stop is what i want like week 4 or week 6 against the saints.

don't tell me to mature up on here. i watch the same thing you do. dont get me wrong i was ALL defense until they started letting houston drop 30, cleveland score 26 and miami 24 and alot in thr second half.

don't sit here and call me out for what i see. the  carried us until week whatever v. denver but they also have not done anything in second halves last 3 weeks.

here, let me say this rusty, the offense needs to convert redzone opp. (mcdaniels needs run) aand the defense needs to make stops in the second half not just the first.

its onn the whole team. everyone neess to play better. dont play this one sided game rusty.

be careful....he'll turn on u like a rabid racoon and start calling u Bustchise....lol

i dont care at this point. he talks the D up but they cant make the ONE stop needed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

To me, that's a mini shot at the defense for not being able to muster up a stop when needed. It happened v. Carolina too. Brady leads us downfield to a lead and the D can't get a stop. Tom has certainly had his struggles this year but the defense can no longer help him out it seems. Tom makes the clutch drives and d can't get clutch stops. Can't win that way. 

Saying our D blows is nothing new. The PATS D has been lame since '06. If the PATS had even an "average" defense between '06 and present, the PATS most likely would have 5 Lombardis. Ditto, if the PATS had even an average GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

You little slimy turds

The only slimy turd here is you.  When was the last time the Patriots lost a game where you didn't fault Brady and the offense.  What does the defense have to do give up 50  before you put some blame at their feet?  They basically took the 2nd half off.

Uh..... what about those two brilliant 15 plays/each, BIG time consuming Patriot drives that resulted in...... 6 (count 'em; 6) TOTAL points??? ANd ther was no "there" there as far as that shanked kickoff was concerned. Probably a defensive coordinator called play to kick it OOB, right?

Boy, that Patriot defense really suked!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

To me, that's a mini shot at the defense for not being able to muster up a stop when needed. It happened v. Carolina too. Brady leads us downfield to a lead and the D can't get a stop. Tom has certainly had his struggles this year but the defense can no longer help him out it seems. Tom makes the clutch drives and d can't get clutch stops. Can't win that way. 

yes you said it best, "to YOU"

He couldn't possibly mean the team as a whole.

Defense not getting the stop.

Ghost mising the FG.

The offense getting in the Red Zone how many times? How many TD's did they score?

Yeah he must have ONLY meant the defense. Brilliant.

Well obviously the whole team needs to play better but I bet Tom is mad. He put them in position again. 

Yes all three phases need to be better but tom has been clutch as of late and the d has been so so

Tom was not clutch yesterday! Just though I would let you know that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I would like to see Brady expolde just once and say to BB "What the heck are you doing with the money you saved from my hometown discount?!"

And BB would say, "Keeping you from being ben rothlesberger, or jay cutler, or..."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Tom was not clutch yesterday! Just though I would let you know that.

not clutch? put us up 20-17 with 4 mins left? not clutch?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Rusty

So let me get this straight, cause Gronk didn't get a lot of receipts for less than a half, that means losing Gronk isn't that big a deal? really?. he was PI d by the same jerk who helmet speared him, - and  then that was a big catch he was hurt on. And his biggest advantage to the team is in the EZ where they went from 42% to 79% with him. and at 6 6 he has one of the largest wing spans in the league. yeap not having him meant nothing to the Pats O. Nothing at all. They should have pulled him. Lol

The Oc with BBs blessing develops and then calls the game. I don't think TB calls the initial formation or play. TB is not the one calling who is on the field. If Tb is under center he can call an audible, and he should based upon what he sees. if TB is in shot gun or pass formations wo a rb he really can't call to many run audibles can he?

The 3rd and one still the goal in shot gun was , to me, pizzapour on McD

I have always agreed with you that TB is better under center, a large part of the time. but there are times depending on the D personnel and up tempo that it is fine that he is In shot gun or pass, when he is hot and getting time and gets in a "zone" he is unstoppableI think a large part of his pass yds were in the end where he had to pass a lot. I alsothink it kind of demanding that the O has to be good in all 4 qtrs but the D doesn't.

And I think the D played well, good enuf to win. I think that The STs put them in a big hole by the Ko. 

The injuries are immense on both sides of the ball. How anyone can blame either the O or the D is insane. if the Pats had the starting lineup at the beginning of the season, there wouldn't have been too much talk of SB

* I scratch my head at the notion its BB as a GM who should take the hit. there is NO team who could take these hits, Some of the suggestions like, If had only signed this wr,  then he could have done this, then that, and then this And Bingo we win the SBTh

What ever they do from here on out, I will take without complaint ( except the refs)

have a good one

seawolf

Oh btw rusty I am listening to the news and almost 60 % are seeing their HC premeniums sky rocket and their oop deductibles sky rocket like mine have . and there will be fewer people insured under Ocare on jan 1 , So I sure would like  like premiums to come down, but it isn't obamacare ( if you want to start a discussion use another thread ok? But I don't have a big need too. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

No. He said this last week when the D allowed 6 points by halftime and our offense SUCKED with Gronk for 3.5 qtrs, Joe.  The D can't keep pitching shutouts or barely allowing points in a half and then the offense be excused like this. 

The offense clearly failed in the red zone too many times.  

What it means is, Gronk has been the offense's ace in the hole and one player that has made it super easy on Brady to the point he forgot how to manage a gam and run an offense like other QBs, who aren't as spoiled.

That's what it really means.  We getit. Gronk will be missed, but Brady won SBs with Dan Graham as the lead TE and he couldn;t catch.

A D doesn't blow by allowing 6 or 7 points in a half while the offense fiddles with itself over most of  a game and Brady dials up a shotgun from 3rd and 1 from the 1 like in Washington in 2011 or Pitt in 2011, where everyone is yelling at the tv, incensed and asking why? Why?!

Stack the TEs, use the FB and run it.

The fact is, Tom Brady and Josh McDaniels have to stop pretending they don't need a run game established in the first half, like they are above it, and want it about them.

"You can't kick FGs in the red zone, cant miss em, can't kick kick offs out of bounds." - Scott Zolak

We're not winning a SB without a continous run game, ahead, tied or barely behind. ANy SB team will need to establish some variation of the run game.

Look at Cincy last night. They kept running because there was plenty of time, even down 24-0. They crawled back.

Finally, the D HAD MANY stops earlier in the game.  D's don't get a lot of stops in this league late in games, which is why many games come down to a final drive, walk off wins, OTs, etc.

Maybe if the D wasn't on the field so much in the 1st and 3rd, they'd have more gas at the end?

How is this any different than Seattle in 2012?  The only difference wasn't Brady didn't toss two picks yesterday and he didn't have Gronk.

Miami was ony 4/11 on offense. MANY STOPS for the D.

DH, The D was on the field TWICE in the first and the third and both times TB had a 7+ minute drive. DOPE!  Is the O supposed to keep them off  for entire quarters so they don't get too sleepy, pansy?. 

They stopped nothing since the 4th possession and they are on the field too much because they BLOW!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Boy, that Patriot defense really suked!!!!!!!

Giving up 24 points to the Fins is not my idea of stellar defense considering the Patriots offense ate up so much clock on those time consuming drives you mentioned.  You know what the execution in the RZ on offense could have been better, but Rusty actually thinks the defense played a good game and is once again putting all the blame on the offense despite the fact that the D basically took the entire 2nd half off.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

After the Ravens win the margin just got slimmer.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

6 fgs....arghhhh 61 yard game winner.....ouch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I never thought I'd see someone try a running play on 3rd and long to kick a 61 yard field goal. Props to Harbaugh. He knows his kicker.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yeah D is to blame - the offense with TWO 15 play drives, both ending up inside Miami 10 for FGs had nothing to do with loss....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

18 points

40 passing attempts

just 20 runs??

Mathematically, we know, it's impossible that Baltimore won that game. I've been told on this forum that none of these figures cut it. 

So I'm sure Baltimore lost, and you guys are just confused.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Yeah D is to blame - the offense with TWO 15 play drives, both ending up inside Miami 10 for FGs had nothing to do with loss....

Don't forget the shanked kickoff after their last score .........

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

18 points

40 passing attempts

just 20 runs??

Mathematically, we know, it's impossible that Baltimore won that game. I've been told on this forum that none of these figures cut it. 

So I'm sure Baltimore lost, and you guys are just confused.

Haha, was that directed at me? Btw if the guy missed any of his 40, 50, and 60 yard fgs they would have lost, not sure if that hurts whatever point you were trying to make?

• Sections
    Shortcuts