Tom Brady on Rookies"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

Tom Brady on Rookies"

Damn dont you just love his leadership? when he said..I’ll be damned if I let some rookie or second year player get in the way of our goals.

now that's a Veteran QB   who else can said it better?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Tom Brady on Rookies"

Brady has attained a status around here where he can say pretty much whatever he wants.

Who could forget Larry Bird echoing fan sentiment that Moses Malone does, in fact eat sh*t?

It's good to be the king.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

sounds pretty narrow-minded. no wonder all our drafted wrs suk. they dont get any support or confidence from Brady. good to know that drafting any wrs from now on is prob a bad idea. why waste more picks?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady on Rookies":
    [QUOTE]sounds pretty narrow-minded. no wonder all our drafted wrs suk. they dont get any support or confidence from Brady. good to know that drafting any wrs from now on is prob a bad idea. why waste more picks?
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

You need to chill.  We're 8-3 and gunning for the #1 seed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Who could forget Larry Bird echoing fan sentiment that Moses Malone does, in fact eat sh*t?

P-Mike, I was there, City hall Plaza went insane!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady demands a great deal from everyone on the offensive side of the ball as well he should.  If a rook is so thin skinned that he can't take the heat from arguably the best QB of his time then they don't belong on the Pats.  The team is about winning and that's what Brady's about. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckettistheman. Show beckettistheman's posts

Why do people always try to drag Brady down...i listened to the entire radio interview and it did not come across that way to me.  Before he said that, they were joking around about him being tough on Gronk this past week. He was talking about his veteran leadership and why he is hard on rookies.  He meant it as he'll be damned if he isn't hard on them and let's them make rookie mistakes over and over without veternan leadership...get a grip people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah, but Tom can't make the defense play better like the great Tim Tebow can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

That was sarcasm by the way for all those Tebow lovers out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

well, if nothing else, brady seems to have a strong preference for veteran receivers. you gotta wonder how torrey smith and greg little would have been playing this year if drafted by the pats. probably buried on the bench, with bb and brady saying they are just not ready. pricey fa wrs may be the solution, cause bb cant draft em and brady cant develop them, one or the other any way. we need a deep threat, and pricey ocho didnt even bring anything to the table that we didnt already have in branch. i just wanna see what price can do, if he was supposed to be our deep threat. if we go into next year with only an unproven redshirt junior as our great deep hope, im gonna pukee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people always try to drag Brady down...i listened to the entire radio interview and it did not come across that way to me.  Before he said that, they were joking around about him being tough on Gronk this past week. He was talking about his veteran leadership and why he is hard on rookies.  He meant it as he'll be damned if he isn't hard on them and let's them make rookie mistakes over and over without veternan leadership...get a grip people.
    Posted by beckettistheman[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't beleive Tom would say something like that in the vain the troll/tool who started this thread made it sound like. Now I can definatly see Tom saying that in the joking way you described.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]well, if nothing else, brady seems to have a strong preference for veteran receivers. you gotta wonder how torrey smith and greg little would have been playing this year if drafted by the pats. probably buried on the bench, with bb and brady saying they are just not ready. pricey fa wrs may be the solution, cause bb cant draft em and brady cant develop them, one or the other any way. we need a deep threat, and pricey ocho didnt even bring anything to the table that we didnt already have in branch. i just wanna see what price can do, if he was supposed to be our deep threat. if we go into next year with only an unproven redshirt junior as our great deep hope, im gonna pukee.

He was referring to his two rookie Tight Ends and being hard on them to provide leadership so that they didn't make the same rookie mistakes over and over, which in turn would hurt the team if they did. 
    Those two rookie Tight Ends are now two of his best receivers and have developed into the Best duo in the NFL.
    Prices development (or lack of it) unfortunately is injury related as he has been battling a hammy since week one of pre-season and re-aggrivated a few weeks ago.
      I (although not qualified to do so) also think there is a question of his mental toughness.  Just seems logical.
    The Pats are in the business of winning games, not about fans who want to see a certain player on the field. 
    Sorry if that disappoints you but it's the truth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]well, if nothing else, brady seems to have a strong preference for veteran receivers.There is nothign wrong with that, yet you forget that Gronkowski is a second year player who Brady constantly throws to!  you gotta wonder how torrey smith and greg little would have been playing this year if drafted by the pats.Who knows and look who we have on the field, who would you take off the field for a rookie unknown. You can't take Welker, Gronk has to stay, Hernandez can be interchanged, Branch is our true wideout but he also has that natural chemistry with Brady. So what are you proposing? probably buried on the bench, with bb and brady saying they are just not ready.Well yeah if they can't beat out the starters then they're not ready. pricey fa wrs may be the solution, cause bb cant draft em and brady cant develop them, one or the other any way. Moss wasn't pricey, Welker wasn't pricey, drafting the best TE combination isn't pricey, again what are you getting at? we need a deep threat, and pricey ocho didnt even bring anything to the table that we didnt already have in branch.So now the pricey WR you proposed is not working, btw Ocho wasn't that pricey at all.  i just wanna see what price can do, if he was supposed to be our deep threat. if we go into next year with only an unproven redshirt junior as our great deep hope, im gonna pukee. We just blew out the Eagles for 38 points, what's so nauseating? Seriously it just sounds like you cant find anything godo to like in this team when there is so much dynamic talent that is only getting better. Sure a big time WR would be awesome, but for this offense Brady must trust him and that means he must have faith that the player knows the play he calls and he will be in the spot he needs to be to make the play.
    Not trying to come down on you, but if BB, the Coaches and Brady don't think Price will be an advantage over the other then he will not play. Come later in the year, Price will most likely get his chance to show what he has to bring to thsi offense. But he will be more of a substitute than anything else.

In the end Brady is just being a leader, anyone who has played any higher level of sports understands this type of mentality and competitiveness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Talk about trying to start something out of nothing.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Brady demands a great deal from everyone on the offensive side of the ball as well he should.  If a rook is so thin skinned that he can't take the heat from arguably the best QB of his time then they don't belong on the Pats.  The team is about winning and that's what Brady's about. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    How do you call how Gronk and Herny have reacted to playing with Brady?  They are the top TE tandem in the league.  Seems Brady hasn't hurt them!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

BRADY doesn't develop young receivers ???  It's not his job.  And it's not Brady's fault when it doesn't happen.

Talented rookie receivers that are also smart (Branch, Givens, Hernandez) or young veterns (Patton, Gaffney) will realize that playing with Brady is a once in a lifetime opportunity and make the most of it. 

Same for top notch veterens (Jefferson, Moss, Welker)

Diva's will suffer and go down in flames

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady on Rookies" : How do you call how Gronk and Herny have reacted to playing with Brady?  They are the top TE tandem in the league.  Seems Brady hasn't hurt them!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you and that essentially makes my point.  Both Gronk and Hern have responded very positively to Brady's leadership. 

My comment about rooks being able to take the heat was in direct response to an earlier comment that Brady hasn't been helpful in developing rookie receivers because he's too hard on them.  I do not believe that Brady's leadership is in any way the issue or the problem (if there is one).  The offense is a complicated one and requires WR's to learn to read coverages and respond by adjusting their routes accordingly so that they and Brady will be on the same page.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Deion Branch started with the Pats in 2002 so I guess Brady "developed" him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I dunno.  Brady has somewhat become a "Poutin' Peyton". Did you see Brady swearing on the bench after Ghost missed a FG?  Yeah, it wasn't good that he missed from that range, but I would rather had see him go up to Ghost and say "get it next time".

In regards to the quote from the beginning of the post...it seems to be taken out of context - and seems more on the humourous/joking side as a dig on Gronk.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts