tom brady on the side-lines

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

would it be a big help if brady was on the sidelines with a head set on sending in plays to cassel?we know brady can see what the defenses are doing,and he could relay it in to cassel,and cassel could change his play,and protectin.not to mention bradys pressence alone could help lift the players moods.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Also, the technology isn't supposed to allow for it. The radio stops with 15 seconds left on the play clock. Of course, there are always hand signals.

Having Brady around might be very helpful in speeding up MC's learning curve for reading the defenses though. Just having him around to dissect the overheads would advance MC's knowledge that much quicker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

mechanics are one thing.you can do that in practice.to see what a defense is doing on the feild takes playing time in real situations.sure you can watch game film,but that dosent mean that a team is gonna use it on you that game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]if being around brady the last four years during practices and games hasn't taught him anything neither will brady being on the sidelines[/Quote]

That isn't true. The situations are entirely different. Matt seeing the defense on the field and learning how to make the right reads and adjustments is far different than watching it from the sidelines. Now that he is seeing real time action, looking at overheads after a series is far more relevant. It is the difference between watching a professional driver on a track and thinking you could do that to actually getting out on the track at 200 MPH and trying to pass someone.

Now, add TB's insight (the point of the original post) to that - a seasoned pro who has seen most if not all - and you drasticaly increase MC's knowledge base and it occurs that much faster. He doesn't have guess at a possible solution - TB can tell him what has worked for him - and he can then apply that knowledge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Agreed, but I highly doubt we will be seeing TB on the sidelines for a long time. I'm not knocking him, I'm saying he won't appear for several weeks' time.

But, yeah, it would be a huge morale boost to even have him there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

I must say that I am a little disappointed that Brady has not been there to support his teammated. Bruschi was out there every game after his stroke!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from swheeler23. Show swheeler23's posts

Brady was not on the sidelines for all the pre season games either. The coaches thought he would be a distraction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[Quote]I must say that I am a little disappointed that Brady has not been there to support his teammated. Bruschi was out there every game after his stroke![/Quote]

I hear you. And the NY press picks up where they left off last year...by posting pics of him "walking" with Giselle in NYC.

He'll be back, but my guess is not for a few more games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I have no issue with Brady being on the sidelines or not, maybe if the weaknesses in the OL had be addressed he would be under center where he belongs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

While Brady being there would probably help Cassel out, we don't know what kind of schedule his rehab has. And possibly the coaching staff has asked him not to. And if he's supposed to be resting his knee for the surgery, standing on the sidelines may not be in his best interest. In any case, I'd rather Tom be somewhere else if that's what he's being told is the best thing for his knee to heal in time for next season. But Grogan is right about one thing, the OL stepping up would be a lot more beneficial to Cassel than having Tom coaching from the sidelines! Also, isn't that what they pay McDaniels to do?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think Brady being there would end up doing more harm then good, Brady would be a distraction and i would rather knowhe is rehabing to be honest then watching his team play, he can only do so much for the team on teh sidelines and like i said i would rather know he is working his butt off to get back then standing on the sidelines. Plus as much as we all might hate it this is Cassels team for the time being and having Brady around would kind of send mix messages you know? If Cassel is going to be the guy this needs to be his team and that wont happen with Brady around. Also if my memory is right Bruschi deffently was not at every single game after his stroke, he might have been at some games but he was not at every game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

The only good Brady can for Cassell is steal his uniform and go out there and play . I am trying to be patient but we need to score. I will be calling for OConnell next week if we fail to put up points......and I mean more then 17 points

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

test

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

See I dont care how many points we score as long as we get the W, if he can get us the win with 17 points i will take it. If he is still only scoring 17 points a game in 5 weeks then i will be upset but as long as we win games i dont think the score should matter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Yeah..good OL's never give up sacks..and if the Pats had a good OL Brady would never get hurt. I'm trying not to laugh as I type this. Fans usually always blame the Ol and/or coaching. Maybe Tom should learn how to workout in the offseason and try and make it past the first quarter of the first game and quit to trying wuss out and blame the OL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Moss: Did you see what happened to Charlie Weiss while on the sidelines during one of Notre Dame's games a few weeks back? If you missed it, a player came running out of bounds and CW didn't see him coming. The player fell into the side of his leg and tore his ACL/MCL - same injury as Brady!

Bottom line is, he is out for the season. Difference between Bledsoe helping him back in 2001 was Bledsoe wasn't out for the season - he was coming back.

Do you see Schiiling in the dugout helping the pitchers? Nope, because he's out for the season. Do you see Mike Lowell in the dugout? Yep, because he's due to come back if they advance to the world series.

There is nothing good that can come from Brady being on the sideline. Having him there during the week, breaking down fil and helping the QB prepare is a totally different story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

deluxe- no he cant play for the player,but he sure could fire this lackluster team with no hearts into gear.we have all seen him on the sidelines banging helmets together.you see him yelling,and slapping on the backs of the other players.you yourself said this team needs motivation now.who else could do it ,but brady.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]deluxe- are you bored? you dug a little for this one.no he cant play for the player,but he sure could fire this lackluster team with no hearts into gear.we have all seen him on the sidelines banging helmets together.you see him yelling,and slapping on the backs of the other players.you yourself said this team needs motivation now.who else could do it ,but brady.[/Quote]

Moss: Come on man, you are losing your credibility with a rediculous comment like this!

First, he would be putting his leg and rehabilitation in danger by being on the sideline. While he's "banging helmets, yelling, and slapping", a player could be pushed out of bounds and hit is surgically repaired leg. The last thing he needs right now is to be standing on his leg for 3+ hours and risk getting it hurt further by a freak incident.

Moss, these are grown men. Brady is not playing this year and they need to find a new identity within themselves to overcome this adversity. There are plenty of other veteran leaders on this team that should be able to motivate the team.

I got an idea... How about a QB change! Maybe a new QB like O'Connell can energize the team and get them to play inspired football!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

deluxe-lets get something straight.i dont exspect people to always agree with me,and i have respect for everyone here.even if i dont agree with them.now insulting,or telling someone they are loseing there credibility is another ball game.now as for brady.i wouldnt exspect him there every game,or head butting.thats was just an example how he gets guys fired up.did you see merriman sunday night.he looked great.did you know he has the same injury?just the players presence can really boost a team.look what it did for the chargers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]deluxe-lets get something straight.i dont exspect people to always agree with me,and i have respect for everyone here.even if i dont agree with them.now insulting,or telling someone they are loseing there credibility is another ball game.now as for brady.i wouldnt exspect him there every game,or head butting.thats was just an example how he gets guys fired up.did you see merriman sunday night.he looked great.did you know he has the same injury?just the players presence can really boost a team.look what it did for the chargers.[/Quote]

Mosseffect: Regardless of what goes on in this forum, I still respect all the non-trolls. I appreciate difference of opinions and objective thinking. There is a difference between "thought provoking" questions and stating that having Brady on the sidelines less than one week after his surgery to yell and scream at the players to get them fired up is a good idea..

Bottom line is, Cassell is going to be Cassel with or without Brady on the sidelines. Brady's value can come during the week of preperation.. Helping him break down film, get his audibles straight, etc...

Sorry for the slight insult Mossman. While we may disagree more times than not, we're still on the same team.

Go Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

gee deluxe non-troll-is that something like a boarder line troll?if its insults you want to play i can play it very well.your a great poster,and many things you say hold weight to them.just somethings i dont agree with.its not just you.everyone here agrees,and disagrees.im sorry if you feel offended by me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]gee deluxe non-troll-is that something like a boarder line troll?if its insults you want to play i can play it very well.your a great poster,and many things you say hold weight to them.just somethings i dont agree with.its not just you.everyone here agrees,and disagrees.im sorry if you feel offended by me.[/Quote]

"Non-Troll" = I respect everybody's opinion except TROLLS!

PEACE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

then my apologys.

Sections
Shortcuts