Tom Brady or Steve Slaton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Tom Brady or Steve Slaton

ESPN The Magazine has Slaton ranked #15 and Brady at #16 for fantasy drafts this season.  Taking Slaton may be the conservative approach, but missing out on one of the big 3 QBs could be rough this season.

Which are you taking in your draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Tom Brady or Steve Slaton

Who?
    HUH?
    what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Tom Brady or Steve Slaton:
    [QUOTE]ESPN The Magazine has Slaton ranked #15 and Brady at #16 for fantasy drafts this season.  Taking Slaton may be the conservative approach, but missing out on one of the big 3 QBs could be rough this season. Which are you taking in your draft?
    Posted by PatsChowder[/QUOTE]

This is a tough one, and I can't say I have the right answer.  Should I choose a QB that broke the TD record in a single season a couple of years ago or a guy I've never heard of before.  Let me think about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All I can tell you is that in both of my leagues he was selected within the first 3 picks,I got him in one league!I'm talking about TB of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

Slaton is the RB for the Texans. Although you've never heard of him, he is pretty good, fantasy-wise at least. Still, I would take Brady. His upside is sick and if he is hurt again this year, we will all have bigger problems than our fantasy teams anyway. Not to mention, there are many RBs who are comparable to Slaton. Chirs Johnson, Ronnie BRown and Marion Barber will all do about as well as Slaton, but if Brady is on, no one will put on numbers like him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I had to put away the alcohol after reading this thread.  My inebriated brain actually thought some guy named Slaton was put above one of the top QB's to play the game, and even weirder, this was actually being discussed.  If this makes sense in fantasy football, perhaps the name should change to "I bought some bad crack that made me sick as hell and woke up next to a 300lb woman with terrible armpit odor and had to pee but found out my john had fallen off and had the 300lb girl's pit bull chewing on my foot and urinating on my leg and I had a funny taste in my mouth" football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cameron. Show Cameron's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady or Steve Slaton:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tom Brady or Steve Slaton : This is a tough one, and I can't say I have the right answer.  Should I choose a QB that broke the TD record in a single season a couple of years ago or a guy I've never heard of before.  Let me think about it.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Right On!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

slaton is a very good fantasy RB

i worry that he wont catch people off guard next year...

texans dont have a good #2 who will steal carries (which is becoming rarer)... So he is a true #1

he can catch and if he turns the corner he is tough to catch by defenders... but i think he is slightly overrated and like i said wont catch anyone off guard

like him though

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I couldn't think of what in god's creation could have been reason for the title of this thread.  Wow - that is unbelievable.  Steve Slaton, good player, but I mean that is unbelievable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayfaith. Show Fenwayfaith's posts

Fantasy blows!  Non-discussion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Lets be honest is Slaton a better RB than Andre Johnson is a WR. NO.Brady has to be a top 3 QB. I can think of any number of RBs I'd take before Slaton (Peterson, LT, Turner Westbrook etc...). This is why NFL teams are not built like fantasy teams. Peterson could easily go 1st overall and he and his team have not won a thing. Do you take him over Brady for all the marbles in a playoff game ? Probably not. I could see Slaton in there if he improves his numbers over last year.