Tom Brady Presser re: Edleman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Tom Brady Presser re: Edleman

Ok Rusty, Finally I was able to get the proof necessary to shoot down another one of your made up theories.

Being the Die Hard fan you are, I know you caught Toms wednesday press conference. He was asked about Julian Edleman and how he has came a long way.

Brady said "Yea, he is kind of a Spaz out there, dont know if you guys noticed. I love to watch his college film with him running all around. I always wonder how in the world did you lead the huddle as a QB and they took you seriously but Hey, he picked the right time to switch positions. He Definately cant throw the ball."

Is this enough proof for you that this guy was never a consideration to play QB here?  All he did was run around and was only a QB by name in college. Do you think BB would put the guy Brady just described in an NFL huddle as a QB? No he wouldnt and he was never drafted to play NOR was he ever an Emergency QB. Im just fine with him playing WR. Can we dead this now and you can admit to your assumptions being wrong? K.Faulk was likely the emergency QB before this guy.

I cant even remember the last time I saw Brady rag on someone in the media like he did yesterday unless he is referring to his lineman in a joking manner. I thought it was funny and refreshing.

edit: I just remembered the last time. It was when Gronk first got here. He called him a meathead!  lol 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Tom Brady Presser re: Edleman

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ok Rusty, Finally I was able to get the proof necessary to shoot down another one of your made up theories.

Being the Die Hard fan you are, I know you caught Toms wednesday press conference. He was asked about Julian Edleman and how he has came a long way.

Brady said "Yea, he is kind of a Spaz out there, dont know if you guys noticed. I love to watch his college film with him running all around. I always wonder how in the world did you lead the huddle as a QB and they took you seriously but Hey, he picked the right time to switch positions. He Definately cant throw the ball."

Is this enough proof for you that this guy was never a consideration to play QB here?  All he did was run around and was only a QB by name in college. Do you think BB would put the guy Brady just described in an NFL huddle as a QB? No he wouldnt and he was never drafted to play NOR was he ever an Emergency QB. Im just fine with him playing WR. Can we dead this now and you can admit to your assumptions being wrong? K.Faulk was likely the emergency QB before this guy.

I cant even remember the last time I saw Brady rag on someone in the media like he did yesterday unless he is referring to his lineman in a joking manner. I thought it was funny and refreshing.

edit: I just remembered the last time. It was when Gronk first got here. He called him a meathead!  lol 

So as proof you pick a quote that was done in jest as a ribbing?

Seriously? lol

Not saying I agree or disagree with Rusty but using "that" snippet is laughable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Seriously? lol

Not saying I agree or disagree with Rusty but using "that" snippet is laughable.

It doesn't seem that Brady would mock Edelman's ability to throw the ball if that ability was actually good, now does it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

kind of like Wilfork mocking Brady's running ability

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Seriously? lol

Maybe we see it differently. Why is it laughable? Its truth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

kind of like Wilfork mocking Brady's running ability

Yea sort of except that Vince is slow too. He just moves well for a big man and can beat Brady in a race supposedly but that aint saying much. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well, I remember, in one of Reiss's chats, someone bringing up JE as an emergency QB (probably rusty).  Reiss's response was that, to his knowledge, JE has never taken a QB snap in practice.

Rusty sees and hears things, in his mind,  that the rest of the world isn't privy to.

Nor, do we want to be.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Seriously? lol

It doesn't seem that Brady would mock Edelman's ability to throw the ball if that ability was actually good, now does it?

I would agree if you change the word to great but I am sure he throws the ball just fine to be considered good but it all depends on each individuals definition of good.

To be considered "emergency" or special gimmik play thrower, red zone, or not, I am not sure just how good or great a thrower you really need to be for those types of plays or situations anyway.

Plus who even says an "Emergency" QB has to throw a lot of passes?

He threw for 1800+ yards and 13 TDs his SR. yr in college so I am sure he could get the Pats through an emergency situation till they solved the problem for the following week.

Not only that, when you throw the ball as well as TB I am not sure there are many that you can't be poking fun at, if you really want to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

We have morons aplenty here.

With you alone, we have beaten every other sports board on the planet regarding that category dumbkoff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Diapers, I just exposed the living bejesus out of your group on multiple levels, so you need to pipe down.

In your language, me being a moron, is me being a lot smarter than yourself.

Pathological liar would be you.  I have no reason to lie but you do.

The only person you consistently expose is yourself.

TRUTH!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Seriously? lol

I would agree if you change the word to great but I am sure he throws the ball just fine to be considered good but it all depends on each individuals definition of good.

To be considered "emergency" or special gimmik play thrower, red zone, or not, I am not sure just how good or great a thrower you really need to be for those types of plays or situations anyway.

Plus who even says an "Emergency" QB has to throw a lot of passes?

He threw for 1800+ yards and 13 TDs his SR. yr in college so I am sure he could get the Pats through an emergency situation till they solved the problem for the following week.

Not only that, when you throw the ball as well as TB I am not sure there are many that you can't be poking fun at, if you really want to.

This goes back to me and Rusty having a debate. Im not debating anything you say. What I am saying is that  no matter how good he can throw, he was never the emergency QB. HE never took a snap at QB. So basically he has as good a chance of playing Qb as the next guy who played QB in college. There are plenty of them every year who come to the NFL to play different positions. So without ANY training, WHY do people assume he has that role?  HE not only said "HE DEFINATELY cant throw it" How much more conviction do you need?  AND he said he probably couldnt lead a huddle as well. This tells me BB would never put him in at QB. Just forget his backround for a minute at the Great Kent St. What QB duties has he performed since coming here? Wouldnt they let him get a few snaps if they thought he had NFL QB skills? The way BB liked you to do it all? He played DB and still hasnt thrown the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Diapers, I just exposed the living bejesus out of your group on multiple levels, so you need to pipe down.

Zip it Megatool.

I have owned you each and evey day since day one. NEVER once have you bested me, because you're an imbecile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Would love to see the Pats find ways to make Edelman a dual threat - run/pass.  Very dangerous guy given a little bit of space.  Even to exhaust a defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Julian Edelman is the emergency QB. Who on earth else would it be, Shizzles?  Are you denying he played a good QB in college at Kent St?

Since 2009, BB has only kept 2 QBs on his roster. Edelman was a QB in college, a good one even if a run based QB, and it's not a coincidence BB keeps 2 QBs with Edelman here.

If Brady and Mallett both went down, you would see Edelman under Center with read option or Wildcat based packages implemented. Absolutely.

BB did this with Tebow in camp.  They probably have somewhere between 15-20 base Wildcat/Read Option plays.

You idiots just take the opposite of my opinion, regardless of how wrong you appear to be, just to troll here.

The hilarity of this thread is Shizzles not seeing Brady's sarcasm in the first place. Priceless on many counts.

Pezzy thinking the media watches all of a practices makes it even funnier.

Lastly, the lack of respect some of our fans have for our better players is becoming very disturbing.

I posted my Proof Mr. 152. The onus is now on YOU to provide just one iota of proof that he was or still is the emergency QB. You are backpedaling after another exposure as usual. Why are you talking about a lack of respect for a 7th round back up WR because I said he isnt the emergency QB? Im just stating facts. Im sure he wouldnt feel slighted. Now why do YOU disrespect the greatest Players to put on a pats uni?  yea....Exactly! Bu Bye! Russ, back to ignore. I just wanted to get that out the way so u can shut up about it. Now go comb the interwebs and look for something to dispute it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rusty: 4, BBW Guild: 0

End thread./

Rusty: 30+ bannings, the rest of the board combined probably less. LMAO@U What a complete moron you are dumbkoff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Julian Edelman is the emergency QB. Who on earth else would it be, Shizzles?  Are you denying he played a good QB in college at Kent St?

Since 2009, BB has only kept 2 QBs on his roster. Edelman was a QB in college, a good one even if a run based QB, and it's not a coincidence BB keeps 2 QBs with Edelman here.

If Brady and Mallett both went down, you would see Edelman under Center with read option or Wildcat based packages implemented. Absolutely.

BB did this with Tebow in camp.  They probably have somewhere between 15-20 base Wildcat/Read Option plays.

You idiots just take the opposite of my opinion, regardless of how wrong you appear to be, just to troll here.

The hilarity of this thread is Shizzles not seeing Brady's sarcasm in the first place. Priceless on many counts.

Pezzy thinking the media watches all of a practices makes it even funnier.

Lastly, the lack of respect some of our fans have for our better players is becoming very disturbing.

I'm not sure why people have a hard time believing that there might be some validity to this theory regarding Edelman as a possible emergency back-up QB.  It actually makes sense to me, but chances are that the team will not find itself in a situation that will allow us to know for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Edelman is probably their 3rd string QB, in the worst of emergencies (Brady and Mallett going down in the same game). After that horrible game was over, the Patriots would sign any one of countless players off the street (Vince Young, Tim Tebow, just to name a few obvious ones off the top of my head) who have proven they can win at the NFL level. I'm not saying they're good, but generally speaking, once your top 2 QB's go down, you're pretty screwed anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

There are plenty of ex Qbs on every roster....not playing QB. Why does everyone think its edleman? Im willing to bet that there atleast 5 players that throw the ball better than he does. Brady said the guy cant throw and noone would take him serious in the huddle. I trust his judgement.

Why dont you write in a weekly question to BB and see what his response is on EEI?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Dude, he is KIDDING. KIDDING. 

You are so completely devoid of intelligence and honesty it's appalling. Brady doesn't "kid" about people's serious athletic skills.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This goes back to me and Rusty having a debate. Im not debating anything you say. What I am saying is that  no matter how good he can throw, he was never the emergency QB. HE never took a snap at QB. So basically he has as good a chance of playing Qb as the next guy who played QB in college. There are plenty of them every year who come to the NFL to play different positions. So without ANY training, WHY do people assume he has that role?  HE not only said "HE DEFINATELY cant throw it" How much more conviction do you need?  AND he said he probably couldnt lead a huddle as well. This tells me BB would never put him in at QB. Just forget his backround for a minute at the Great Kent St. What QB duties has he performed since coming here? Wouldnt they let him get a few snaps if they thought he had NFL QB skills? The way BB liked you to do it all? He played DB and still hasnt thrown the ball.

[/QUOTE]

You do realise that the article states the following just "PRIOR" to quoting Brady correct?

"The two California natives have grown close since Edelman joined the Patriots as a seventh-round draft choice in 2009, a college quarterback at Kent State attempting to transition to NFL receiver. Edelman quickly earned Brady's respect with his dogged work ethic. Their lockers are also next to each other, which means there is a lot of ribbing, often with Brady as the antagonist. 

Wednesday was just the latest episode, as Brady was asked about Edelman's early-season production in the context of the growth he's seen from Edelman since first joining the Patriots. "

I'm not sure I understand how you don't follow that.

I would simply pose the following scenario to you.

Next game, Brady goes down in 1st series of game. Mallet gets knocked out of game some time in the 2nd Qtr.

Who are you playing at QB for the remainder of the game? You know who you have on the rsoter as it stands today.

Who are you using? I am not suggesting you have to use Edleman in that situation but I am wondering who you are going to use since you do not believe Edleman would be the emergency QB.

Just curious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You are so completely devoid of intelligence and honesty it's appalling. Brady doesn't "kid" about people's serious athletic skills.

Oh my. WOW. So, Shizzles and Babe on record as not being able to detect Brady's witty jabs in Edelman's direction, making light of the question he was asked. And, that is AFTER more than one person pointed it out to them.

My oh my. Scary stuff.

Brady doesn't make "witty jabs" about other players serious athletic ability Megatool. You are so dense it's nauseating.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Oh my. WOW. So, Shizzles and Babe on record as not being able to detect Brady's witty jabs in Edelman's direction, making light of the question he was asked.

My oh my.

I've got to say, it would be incredibly unprofessional of Brady to diss another players skills, as some people here believe that he did, in front of the media.  I don't know him personally, but I have to believe that TB would never openly criticize another player like that.  What he said has no baring on whether or not Edelman would be used as the emergency third QB.  For those who don't get it...he was joking. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

TRUTH!

You lied saying Reiss has never seen Edelman take snaps at QB. He's a WR here so he wouldn't see him.

Finally, the media does not see the entire practice, so if BB wants the D to see some Read Option or Wildcat for practice like vs SF last year, just who do you think is running that under Center?  Brady and his cement shoes?  Mickey Mouse?

You're as dumb as a rock or belligerent just to be belligerent, as we know, Mr. Pathological.

I love being right, mostly to annoy your childish troll tools in here.

It's like your angry the value and commitment Edelman gives the Pats as a team. SICK.

Off your GD rocker.  Reiss said he never saw JE take a QB snap and why the hell would he?

How bout all those preseason games?  Ya think you might see him take snaps if there were ANY INTENTION of him EVER playing there?

I'm sure those voices in your head and those drippy dreams have convinced you but.....

It's not reality and obviously delusions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

TRUTH!

You lied saying Reiss has never seen Edelman take snaps at QB. He's a WR here so he wouldn't see him.

Finally, the media does not see the entire practice, so if BB wants the D to see some Read Option or Wildcat for practice like vs SF last year, just who do you think is running that under Center?  Brady and his cement shoes?  Mickey Mouse?

You're as dumb as a rock or belligerent just to be belligerent, as we know, Mr. Pathological.

I love being right, mostly to annoy your childish troll tools in here.

It's like your angry the value and commitment Edelman gives the Pats as a team. SICK.

Off your GD rocker.  Reiss said he never saw JE take a QB snap and why the hell would he?

How bout all those preseason games?  Ya think you might see him take snaps if there were ANY INTENTION of him EVER playing there?

I'm sure those voices in your head and those drippy dreams have convinced you but.....

It's not reality and obviously delusions.

Not when he is a WR and trying to earn a spot as a WR.   Are you this stupid?

BB is going to run Wildcats and Read Options, two gimmicks he'll likely never use with Brady here, in preseason?

LOL!!!

You're quickly digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole here, Pezzy.  Priceless.

Pezzy, SHizzles and Babe all adding enough rope to hang themselves in one fell swoop.  CLassic.

That's right Rusty, this is the real world and JE is a NFL wide receiver and not a NFL QB.

Case closed.  You lose, as usual.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Oh my. WOW. So, Shizzles and Babe on record as not being able to detect Brady's witty jabs in Edelman's direction, making light of the question he was asked.

My oh my.

I've got to say, it would be incredibly unprofessional of Brady to diss another players skills, as some people here believe that he did, in front of the media.  I don't know him personally, but I have to believe that TB would never openly criticize another player like that.  What he said has no baring on whether or not Edelman would be used as the emergency third QB.  For those who don't get it...he was joking. 

If You didnt watch it, then you cant comment. If you did, you would know he wasnt joking. The only reason he felt it was ok because he KNOWS he will never play QB! Was he joking when he called Gronk a meathead?  Jeeez you guys are funny. Brady is more more open in his wednesday pressers. He has no problem calling it straight. Was he joking when he told fans to get lubed up before the game? The guy is human. I watched it, I get it. He knows Edleman is here to play WR. He had lots of nice things to say about THAT. He said he CANT THROW.

Its like saying Nate Solder isnt an option at TE..,,BUT he played TE in College!! So he is the emergency TE right? Brady hasnt said anything bad about how a player plays at HIS position......  You Guys need to watch it and get back to me

Sections
Shortcuts