Tom Brady Presser re: Edleman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Tom Brady Presser re: Edleman

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Pezzy, SHizzles and Babe all adding enough rope to hang themselves in one fell swoop.  CLassic.

Okay dumbkoff, I'm feeling magnanimous today, so I'm going to throw you a cookie.

When you just make things up, everybody here sees that. They aren't fooled. Rather, you look like the fool because you are expecting something so lame could fool anybody. See?

You have been owned lock stock and barrel on this one Megatool. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Brady can make fun of Edelman's QB skills because they are so nothing they aren't even a part of the NFL conversation. You lose.

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

How bout all those preseason games?  Ya think you might see him take snaps if there were ANY INTENTION of him EVER playing there?

I'm sure those voices in your head and those drippy dreams have convinced you but.....

It's not reality and obviously delusions.

pezzy,

Is your premise that since a player never took a preseason snap at QB he would never take them as an emergency QB?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

How bout all those preseason games?  Ya think you might see him take snaps if there were ANY INTENTION of him EVER playing there?

I'm sure those voices in your head and those drippy dreams have convinced you but.....

pezzy,

Is your premise that since a player never took a preseason snap at QB he would never take them as an emergency QB?

Idk, but that isnt my premise. Emergency Qbs are just that,. In case of emergency. Why is Edleman gonna be THAT guy when he is currently the LEADING WR? Is he gonna throw it to himself??(in my Gizelle voice)

So ANY emergency QB usually hands off so the He cant throw stuff is irevelent. I just posted it for Rusty. When the debate came up, Faulk was on the team as well as others and my argument was how do you know it wouldnt be Faulk. He knows the offense better. He played some QB in H.S and college. Now its years later but my point still stand cuz he DEF. wouldnt go in when he is needed at WR now. Vince Wilfork may have been the emergency QB. I never said Edleman couldnt have been the guy. I am saying we dont know and nothing is there for proof. Sure maybe he runs the scout team before we play RG3. Thats far from playinfg QB in the game. I will rest my case now and leave the burden of proof on you guys and will stand corrected when it comes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

The problem is that neither one of you know for sure cause your NOT ON THE TEAM and I'd be shocked if you broke bread with BB regularly. Yet you both act like that is the case. I googled it and there are tons of articles naming JE the "emergency QB".

JE is a WR and the majority - if not all -of  his practice snaps should be at that position. He knows the offense and if TB goes down you may see them bring another QB in but I would bet he would see some snaps in practice at that point. But again I don't meet BB at the Capital Grille every Wednesday so he can fill me in. So, I have to do RESEARCH to form my opions because I don't like making things up to qualify my predetermined arguments. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Dude, he is KIDDING. KIDDING. 

You are so completely devoid of intelligence and honesty it's appalling. Brady doesn't "kid" about people's serious athletic skills.

Oh my. WOW. So, Shizzles and Babe on record as not being able to detect Brady's witty jabs in Edelman's direction, making light of the question he was asked.

My oh my.

I've got to say, it would be incredibly unprofessional of Brady to diss another players skills, as some people here believe that he did, in front of the media.  I don't know him personally, but I have to believe that TB would never openly criticize another player like that.  What he said has no baring on whether or not Edelman would be used as the emergency third QB.  For those who don't get it...he was joking. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed - he's too PC to do that, probably an inside joke and TB is tweaking JE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

pezzy,

[/QUOTE]

My premise is that he hasn't and won't.

He hasn't practiced in practice and in preseason as a QB.

Do you think he could just step in after not playing that position for 5 years with no practice?   We would see TT, first.  At least he's completed a NFL pass.

He was picked up as a WR, not a QB.  If he were, he would have played in that position from the start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

The problem is that neither one of you know for sure cause your NOT ON THE TEAM and I'd be shocked if you broke bread with BB regularly. Yet you both act like that is the case. I googled it and there are tons of articles naming JE the "emergency QB".

JE is a WR and the majority - if not all -of  his practice snaps should be at that position. He knows the offense and if TB goes down you may see them bring another QB in but I would bet he would see some snaps in practice at that point. But again I don't meet BB at the Capital Grille every Wednesday so he can fill me in. So, I have to do RESEARCH to form my opions because I don't like making things up to qualify my predetermined arguments. 

Like I told FB!,. This started with Rusty. I never said I can Prove anything. I offered bradys words as proof..WHY? BECAUSE Rusty, 3 years ago made some wild accusation that BB stopped carrying 3 Qbs due to Edleman being on the roster. He sited Cassell starting the year before as Proof! I said Hogwash. So this isnt about ME saying He Cant be. Its about Rusty saying HE IS, without a Doubt. So I offered this. Also, he has yet to EVER throw someone under the bus regarding THEIR craft as he plays WR! So Yes he can be serious about a WR not being the QB. So Edleman, the leading WR on the team would step in at QB if Mallet goes down? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

pezzy,

Idk, but that isnt my premise. Emergency Qbs are just that,. In case of emergency. Why is Edleman gonna be THAT guy when he is currently the LEADING WR? Is he gonna throw it to himself??(in my Gizelle voice)

So ANY emergency QB usually hands off so the He cant throw stuff is irevelent. I just posted it for Rusty. When the debate came up, Faulk was on the team as well as others and my argument was how do you know it wouldnt be Faulk. He knows the offense better. He played some QB in H.S and college. Now its years later but my point still stand cuz he DEF. wouldnt go in when he is needed at WR now. Vince Wilfork may have been the emergency QB. I never said Edleman couldnt have been the guy. I am saying we dont know and nothing is there for proof. Sure maybe he runs the scout team before we play RG3. Thats far from playinfg QB in the game. I will rest my case now and leave the burden of proof on you guys and will stand corrected when it comes.

[/QUOTE]

I did not ask you to prove anything I only asked you your opinion.

You said yourself that the "emergency" QB may not even be asked to throw at all. I agree.

So why would Edleman be needed at WR then?

Wouldn't you rather have a guy in an emergency situation who has three years of starting QB experience at the highest level prior to the NFL? AT least you know he has experience doing a cadence and being under center, taking a snap with his hands under another guys crotch, and making handoffs, etc.

The fact that you did not pick someone makes me think that you would logicially at least lean in Edlemans direction but would not want to say it because it feels like admitting to something. I don't care about any of that fued stuff going on with you and Rusty, I was just genuinely curious where you would go if it was your decision.

No big deal either way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Why aren't you taking on LoqwFBIQ?  He agrees with me as do others.

Hmmmm.

Sure seems like you've been embarrassed by not seeing Brady was being sarastic. Even after you missing his sarcasm, you still dig yourself a deeper hole. Priceless.

I never said I agree or disagree with you as I do not know what your beliefs are or aren't.

All I am saying is that logically I think it is very possible he would be the guy to go to, for obvious reasons, in an emergency situation.

I do not think he was signed with any thought of playing QB in any sort of serious manner. I do think it is lucky gravy for the Pats to have that back end skill set in him though.

I also think that following the game the team would sign an actual QB or TWO depending on the severity of injuries to both Brady and Mallet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/nfl-drops-third-quarterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/

The real debate was Rusty saying he is the ermengency Qb. He stated that was the reason they stop carrying 3 Qbs. I offer this article as proof that his theory was wrong. Other than that, until they list him as the emergency or 3rd QB or we see him play it. The burden is on Rusty. I have seen comments on this thread about reading all these articles where he is listed at the emergency QB but noone has posted it yet. If its SO obvious, surely it would be easy to show right? Nothing yet.....

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

pezzy,

[/QUOTE]

I did not ask you to prove anything I only asked you your opinion.

You said yourself that the "emergency" QB may not even be asked to throw at all. I agree.

So why would Edleman be needed at WR then?

Wouldn't you rather have a guy in an emergency situation who has three years of starting QB experience at the highest level prior to the NFL? AT least you know he has experience doing a cadence and being under center, taking a snap with his hands under another guys crotch, and making handoffs, etc.

The fact that you did not pick someone makes me think that you would logicially at least lean in Edlemans direction but would not want to say it because it feels like admitting to something. I don't care about any of that fued stuff going on with you and Rusty, I was just genuinely curious where you would go if it was your decision.

No big deal either way.

[/QUOTE]

Position flexibilty, if you have a player who fill roles on ST, as a WR on offense and in an emergency, play some QB, that's incredible value! IMHO, that's the secret in the cap era and why we are going on 14 years of success in Foxboro.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

pezzy,

[/QUOTE]

Do you think he could just step in after not playing that position for 5 years with no practice?   We would see TT, first.  At least he's completed a NFL pass.

He was picked up as a WR, not a QB.  If he were, he would have played in that position from the start.

[/QUOTE]

1) You do NOT know if he has ever taken a single practice snap I don't believe. I don't think any of u know that or not. Reiss most certainly does NOT.

2) If you are in an emergency situation then no one on the field has played the position for at least 5 seasons either but at least Edleman has three seasons on starting QB experience at the highest level prior to NFL. I do not believe there is currently another player on the roster after Brady and Mallet who can say the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

3) TT is not on the roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here is the dead giveaway....

How many teams are going to a SB with a 3rd QB? Matt Flynn was just demoted to the 3rd QB, so he's probably the best QB available as a 3rd QB.

But, if you seriously lose your starting QB in this QB era, you're cooked. The days of Jeff Hostetler, Brady in 2001, Doug Flutie in 2000 in Buffalo, or examples like that, even Kaepernick, as we saw in the SB choke, are making it VERY unlikely you are in SB position.

Go list the 3rd QBs on each team and then ask yourself if you can see them being worthy of taking a roster spot.

Could it be, BB is ahead of the game in general in so many ways, that he keeps 2 realizing the QB position is so accelerated both due to advancement of offenses but also due to rule changes, that if you lose your starter, you're pretty much cooked?

Look at the drop off from elite QB starter in this league to who the back up is.

Case closed.

Pezzy, Shizzles, Babe, etc, all bludgeoned.  Christ, you dummies are annoying.

Here's YOUR bludgeoning.

Per Eric Scalavino

As far as the on-field justification for signing Tebow… it’s not uncommon for Bill Belichick to keep just two quarterbacks on his final 53-man roster. Which means, of course, that a player at another position would have to take snaps in the event that Tom Brady and his backup (last season,

Ryan Mallett) are unavailable during a game. Belichick and his staff always know who that player would be, but they almost never divulge such information. It’s up to us to speculate. Julian Edelman might’ve been a candidate for emergency QB, given his college history as a quarterback (albeit mostly as a running quarterback in an option offense). However, seeing how he’s not always healthy and active on game days, there had to have been another player designated by the staff for that role.

Edelman is an intriguing player because he is so versatile, having become one of the better punt returners in the NFL and filled in at defensive back – with aplomb – in a pinch. With his smaller size and lack of substantial experience throwing the football, he’s not ideal for the QB position at this level, even in an emergency.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ok, you gutless shemale,

If you knew how to read, you would see the reasons listed above that JE is NOT that option.  That's what NOT an ideal  option, EVEN IN AN EMERGENCY, means.  DUH!

It has NOTHING to do what other teams have as an option.  It's that he IS NOT THE PATS BEST OPTION.  DuH!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

pezzy,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1) You do NOT know if he has ever taken a single practice snap I don't believe. I don't think any of u know that or not. Reiss most certainly does NOT.

2) If you are in an emergency situation then no one on the field has played the position for at least 5 seasons either but at least Edleman has three seasons on starting QB experience at the highest level prior to NFL. I do not believe there is currently another player on the roster after Brady and Mallet who can say the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

3) TT is not on the roster.

[/QUOTE]

Well, see Eric Scalavino's assessment that he is not an IDEAL option and there is likely one better.

I know TT is not on the roster.

I also know that he is not on anyone's roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

As far as Edleman being a "catalyst" for only carrying two QB's...

That I have no idea about.

It probably gives at least "some" measure of comfort but how much, beats me.

You would probably need to go back and follow all through the history of the Pats under BB and track the moves and roster as it relates to the QB situation.

Did they carry three when Edleman was not on the team, or have another player like him who was emergency QB capable?

Troy brown took a few snaps in a preseason game before. Did they carry only two QB's when he was on the team? I do not remember any of those things.

Did they bother carrying a QB on the practice squad at any time when Edleman was on the team? Did they sign a QB to the practice squad after not having one there following losing Edleman to a season ending injury in previous seasons?

None of those answers may be concrete but the accumulation of them all might let you lean toward an educated guess on if he is considered a catalyst in the 2 QB decision or not.

I'll let you guys continue to fight that out with Rusty though. I don't really care.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Well, see Eric Scalavino's assessment that he is not an IDEAL option and there is likely one better.

1) Seriously? Eric Scalavino's opion on something is the end all be all of anything?

2) Since when is ANY QB other than a teams starter, and even half are those are suspect, considered an "ideal" option? Let alone an emergency QB?

3) TT a FA does not do you any good in a game. You can't have him drop shipped in and activated on the fly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

1) Seriously? Eric Scalavino's opion on something is the end all be all of anything?

2) Since when is ANY QB other than a teams starter, and even half are those are suspect, considered an "ideal" option? Let alone an emergency QB?

3) TT a FA does not do you any good in a game. You can't have him drop shipped in and activated on the fly.

Well. I believe Scalavino and Reiss, probably have a little more knowledge (being it's their job to follow the team) than any one here, especially Rusty and his fake accounts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Umm, I was watching football LONG BEFORE Mike Reiss.   My analysis is as strong if not stronger than any Pats analyst or beatwriter out there.

Mike Reiss said he started watching the NFL in 1991.  I was 14 years old by then and have been watching, learning and going to football games for YEARS by then.

Reiss is a slightly nerdy guy who happens to learn quick. Christ, I remember when he said he was learning so much from others when he started at the Globe or ESPN Boston.

So, you are smarter than Reiss? 

Why don't you have his job instead of selling snake oil over the phone, with your degree and your 152 IQ?

Why don't you have TB's job as you would never miss an open receiver?

Have you seen JE take a QB snap?

Well, neither have the Pros.  Not happening.

Now, don't you have a wall  poster to nail?  Huh,  wallbanger?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

You guys do know that Julian Edelman plays scout team quarterback for the Patriots, right?  He simulated Tim Tebow before the Patriots played the Broncos back in December 2011 and probably has done it a few times when healthy for any potential read option QB the Patriots would face.  So I think it's safe to assume that if healthy, and if Brady and Mallett were to ever both go down in the same game, Edelman becomes the emergency quarterback.  And umm, Brady was obviously joking around when talking about Edelman and his quarterback skills.  They're both very close and Brady does have a sense of humor.  He shows it from time time and I thought it was quite obvious he was kidding.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

As far as Edleman being a "catalyst" for only carrying two QB's...

That I have no idea about.

It probably gives at least "some" measure of comfort but how much, beats me.

You would probably need to go back and follow all through the history of the Pats under BB and track the moves and roster as it relates to the QB situation.

Did they carry three when Edleman was not on the team, or have another player like him who was emergency QB capable?

Troy brown took a few snaps in a preseason game before. Did they carry only two QB's when he was on the team? I do not remember any of those things.

Did they bother carrying a QB on the practice squad at any time when Edleman was on the team? Did they sign a QB to the practice squad after not having one there following losing Edleman to a season ending injury in previous seasons?

None of those answers may be concrete but the accumulation of them all might let you lean toward an educated guess on if he is considered a catalyst in the 2 QB decision or not.

I'll let you guys continue to fight that out with Rusty though. I don't really care.

Well I can tell you one year we carried 4 of them and one was named Micheal Bishop. He had a cannon for an arm but couldnt hit a Wide open 300 lb TE 10 yards away and was a running option that they experimented with to see if he could be a gimmick to come for a few plays. HE was listed on the roster as a QB. Bledsoe, Freiz, Bishop, Brady. They all were listed on the roster. Why hasnt Eds been listed in 4 years here.?? He plays WR.  Outside of that, we have no idea what else he does.

Also his college experience and recent play are irrelevent because he played in an offense nothing close to what Brady runs. My point was as a rookie in 09', I dont think he was in line for that duty with a guy like Faulk here. He knows the offense in and out. So Faulk knowing OUR offense to me is more relevant than Edleman playing QB more recently in a  totally different offense. I watched 9 minutes of highlights and saw only a handful of passes. This guy took off on almost every play. Now, HE is 5 years removed from QB but DOES know the system....as a WR and is counted on now so I doubt he will ever play there.

How do we know there isnt another ex Qb on the roster to fill it. I mean Michael Robinson, Brad Smith. These guys are all over the league....how do we know the emergency QB even has to have college experience playing Qb.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Dude, he is KIDDING. KIDDING. 

You are so completely devoid of intelligence and honesty it's appalling. Brady doesn't "kid" about people's serious athletic skills.

Oh my. WOW. So, Shizzles and Babe on record as not being able to detect Brady's witty jabs in Edelman's direction, making light of the question he was asked.

My oh my.

I've got to say, it would be incredibly unprofessional of Brady to diss another players skills, as some people here believe that he did, in front of the media.  I don't know him personally, but I have to believe that TB would never openly criticize another player like that.  What he said has no baring on whether or not Edelman would be used as the emergency third QB.  For those who don't get it...he was joking. 

If You didnt watch it, then you cant comment. If you did, you would know he wasnt joking. The only reason he felt it was ok because he KNOWS he will never play QB! Was he joking when he called Gronk a meathead?  Jeeez you guys are funny. Brady is more more open in his wednesday pressers. He has no problem calling it straight. Was he joking when he told fans to get lubed up before the game? The guy is human. I watched it, I get it. He knows Edleman is here to play WR. He had lots of nice things to say about THAT. He said he CANT THROW.

Its like saying Nate Solder isnt an option at TE..,,BUT he played TE in College!! So he is the emergency TE right? Brady hasnt said anything bad about how a player plays at HIS position......  You Guys need to watch it and get back to me

Fair enough...I went and watched it.  He's joking.  I don't believe it sheds any light on the question as to whether or not Edelman might be considered an emergency back-up QB.  Is this question even worth this much consideration and debate?  With any luck, we will never have to learn the answer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bwahahaha,  You know nothing.  You are so sick in your delusions that you'd be run out of town after one post and likely sued, for liable and slander.

Speaking of prepubescent little girls, my 9yr old daughter makes more sense than you and did when she was 3.

And you really need to leave little girls and boys and undies, out of your posts. 

Shows what your mindset is.  CREEPY!

BDC, please take note.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/nfl-drops-third-quarterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/

The real debate was Rusty saying he is the ermengency Qb. He stated that was the reason they stop carrying 3 Qbs. I offer this article as proof that his theory was wrong. Other than that, until they list him as the emergency or 3rd QB or we see him play it. The burden is on Rusty. I have seen comments on this thread about reading all these articles where he is listed at the emergency QB but noone has posted it yet. If its SO obvious, surely it would be easy to show right? Nothing yet.....

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

I am the first to acknowledge, I can be pretty dense sometimes (my wife has helped me see the light), but I have to say, I don't see the relavance of this article to the debate concerning Edelman as a possible 3rd QB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

You guys do know that Julian Edelman plays scout team quarterback for the Patriots, right?  He simulated Tim Tebow before the Patriots played the Broncos back in December 2011 and probably has done it a few times when healthy for any potential read option QB the Patriots would face.  So I think it's safe to assume that if healthy, and if Brady and Mallett were to ever both go down in the same game, Edelman becomes the emergency quarterback.  And umm, Brady was obviously joking around when talking about Edelman and his quarterback skills.  They're both very close and Brady does have a sense of humor.  He shows it from time time and I thought it was quite obvious he was kidding.

And......Scout team QB does not equal emergency Qb

Maybe he was kidding, but are you saying he was lying? Is Edleman a spaz or not? Is Gronk a meat head or not? There is always some truth to every statement. To me I took as brady saying what he did because he knows thats not his position. Same way people can debate with Fork on wether he can play RB. Noone is gonna joke that Fork cant hold the point of attack or make a tackle. Brady didnt joke about his skills as a WR. So sorry, I didnt see it that way. We can all interpret things differently but I sure as hell aint taking Rustys. I mean he may be just a bit bias. Whatever! Like I said. I dont need to prove anything. The burden is on the one making the claim.

Sections
Shortcuts