Tom Brady says...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Tom Brady says...

In Response to Re: Tom Brady says...:
    [QUOTE]Didn't men where hats when they went out almost always in the first half of the last century?  And I'm not talking about ball caps either.  I don't care if you wear it backwards, sideways or over your ears, it's still a ball cap.  People always dressed up when they went out.  How did we get so sloppy looking?
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 

The answer isn't easy. Partly, suits are expensive because their construction isn't conducive to commodified production. 

T-shirts and baseball hats can be stamped out cheaply.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady says... : ' The funny part, is that as a straight Louisiana jock from a wealthy family, Manning has likely dressed like this much more often than Tom has because it is how people dress for formal events down here.  His father lives in Audubon place, but used to live three blocks (on First St) from where my apartment is -- I guess it is where his kids grew up as well.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

right on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't men where hats when they went out almost always in the first half of the last century?  And I'm not talking about ball caps either.  I don't care if you wear it backwards, sideways or over your ears, it's still a ball cap.  People always dressed up when they went out.  How did we get so sloppy looking?
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

When you're wearing ostensibly beautiful, expensive & top-of-the-line, fashionable and perfectly tailored clothing, People treat you as the wonderfully successful, extremely intelligent & purposefully driven to succeed, culturally important person that you inevitably & trully are.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady says... : When you're wearing ostensibly beautiful, expensive & top-of-the-line, fashionable and perfectly tailored clothing, People treat you as the wonderfully successful, extremely intelligent & purposefully driven to succeed, culturally important person that you inevitably & trully are.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Well,  I can honestly say that I don't really fall into that category but people definitely seem to dress down more these days.  Going into restaraunts with tank tops and flip-flops when you're not at the beach is dressing down.  Maybe people just want all their tattoos to be seen.  Fedoras, panama hats and suits are obviously a thing of the past.  But it wouldn't bother me any if we went back to that look either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady says... : When you're wearing ostensibly beautiful, expensive & top-of-the-line, fashionable and perfectly tailored clothing, People treat you as the wonderfully successful, extremely intelligent & purposefully driven to succeed, culturally important person that you inevitably & trully are.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

This thread has come far afield, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention here that any slack-jawed yokel can buy a suit that fits . . .   and the people who take him in because he's wearing the proper clothing . . .   

well . . .

I won't say it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In a lesser known quote, Gandhi himself famously quipped: "I like to surround myself with people who LOOK like winners, gentleman in proper business attire, because people in loin-clothes look bums, and usually ARE bums."

Hold on, gonna get back to this one with that Einstein quote where he's sayin' something like, "My wife's always tellin' me that if I actually combed my hair, people just might takin' my ideas seriously...".  (not verbatum...I'll look for it though)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not for nuthin', Laz, but in an even-less-famous quote, Ghandi is purported to have said . . .  "Hey man, y'all gonna finish that sandwich?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krustyunderwear. Show Krustyunderwear's posts

[QUOTE]Not for nuthin', Laz, but in an even-less-famous quote, Ghandi is purported to have said . . .  "Hey man, y'all gonna finish that sandwich?"
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]This is why laz likes Ghandi,I mean at a certain point dumpster diving hurts the knees but not pride.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady says... : This is why laz likes Ghandi,I mean at a certain point dumpster diving hurts the knees but not pride.
    Posted by Krustyunderwear[/QUOTE]

Roflol...  But no, b/c NOBODY'S Gewtting It!  Look, I don't Expect my archetypes of character to TOTALLY toe the line...But gahd Dang It!  I DO Expect for my archeypes to at LEAST keep 1 foot on the line!  (the line btw, that I have drawn from my own conceived mental image)  NO pretty women smelling up the bathroom, NO pretty women in gross tattoos, and NO pretty brazilian models in pictures wearing an "I F#rted" ripped t-shirt (what is WITH that couple?).  NO, NO, and NO- Heroic archetypes of the colosseum sportin' straw fedoras and using the term "delicate" to describe the mini-cucumber sandwiches they're eating at The Derby...!

Btw, for any beautiful ladies who are free...so am I.  I'm good looking, and even though I've had scores of disasterous relationships in the past, IF you and I were to date, I'm sure things would be different than all the other ones...  You can look forward to being in a whirlwind romance with me, and when that fateful day finally comes, when you and I first make passionate love, you can BET, and trully believe, that as it stands right this second, I WILL still respect you in the morning (unlike all those other 2-bit sl#ts I dated).  Don't YOU wanna be treated as Laz's sparkling white, wonderfully clean and flowing, porcelin Goddess?     
    Call me...