Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who Is the Better Quarterback All-Time?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who Is the Better Quarterback All-Time?

It's not even entertaining making fun of you because you're not even a good troll.  Stop spamming our board

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Tommy also never worked with WRs like Harrison and Wayne until 2007 and he turned into a stat machine.

He also doesn't historically pooop himself like #18 at times. Nothing is worse than those home and done's at home in the dome. 

Brady may have struggled mightily in 2007 & 2011 SBs, but he at least left his team with the lead late in the fourth quarter every time. PM on the other hand threw the game ending pick six on the biggest stage.

All you need to know is 4 numbers: 3, 18, 6000, and 42.

3 rings. 18 playoff win (record), 6,000 playoff yards (only guy) (less years than PM too) & 42 Playoff TD passes (3 off Montana's record...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

TOM BRADY ..... End of story

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

lets be honest here: If Tom loses this game, no real problems here because Tom is NOT supposed to win this game. If Peyton loses, WOWzers. real blemish there. best offense 'ever' stat wise and homefield adv...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lets be honest here: If Tom loses this game, no real problems here because Tom is NOT supposed to win this game. If Peyton loses, WOWzers. real blemish there. best offense 'ever' stat wise and homefield adv...

[/QUOTE]

Correct but peyton will have to win the SB to get in the argument. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Correct but peyton will have to win the SB to get in the argument. 

[/QUOTE]

yes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

If chamberlain played for Red would he have won more?

maybe, but Russel did what he did so he gets the nod

Chamberlain was statistically way better than russel

Btw I was not a Celtic fan then or even years later

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Papa john are you an employee of the globe here to rile things up, or did internet finally catch on where you're from?

There is Tom Brady.

Then, there are 3 or 4 guys chasing him. Peyton is just one of those guys. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

1) Montana

2) Brady

3) loser

4) loser

5) who cares

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I disagree, Peyton wilts under pressure where Tom rises to meet the challenge. The only SB I could see Peyton winning would be the '04 version. 

'01 and '03 were defensive battles that lead to Brady taking his team downfield and setting up the game winner. '04 was offense vs. offense, Brady proved he was the better QB between himself and McNabb. 

Peyton in the clutch is not wise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I disagree, Peyton wilts under pressure where Tom rises to meet the challenge. The only SB I could see Peyton winning would be the '04 version. 

'01 and '03 were defensive battles that lead to Brady taking his team downfield and setting up the game winner. '04 was offense vs. offense, Brady proved he was the better QB between himself and McNabb. 

gonna go with a little disagreement there... 2003 SB was 32-29.. especially that era is high scoring..

20-17 in 2001, defensive minded. 2004 also was  too we only gave up 14 points until a late 2 minute drill TD given up. 2004 was D minded too imo

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say the 4th quarter comeback is pretty clutch. Remember the 2006 AFC championship game?

COLTS 35 PATRIOTS 34

No quarterback in the history of the NFL has more fourth quarter comeback victories than Manning, who has engineered 38 of them in his career. 

Number of Super Bowl wins after Patriots CONVICTED of Cheating .

Manning - 1

Manning - 2

Patsy's - 0 - Priceless!

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say Gino Smith lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

You understand how the whole spygate thing worked rright?

if we were filming in the first row instead of on the field nothing would've been illegal.....

so. here we are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

if we were filming in the first row instead of on the field nothing would've been illegal.....

so. here we are.

[/QUOTE]

Joe, don't try to reason with him he doesn't and never will get it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Patriots were not convicted.  There was no trial.  The only person that I have heard, incorrectly, use the word "convicted" in relation to Spygate before this is Leon.

Are you Leon?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

gonna go with a little disagreement there... 2003 SB was 32-29.. especially that era is high scoring..

20-17 in 2001, defensive minded. 2004 also was  too we only gave up 14 points until a late 2 minute drill TD given up. 2004 was D minded too imo

[/QUOTE]

Which one was the one where Brady completed the highest percentage of passes? Panthers or Eagles?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Haha.  He keeps posting and he sounds more like Leon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

so. here we are.

[/QUOTE]

Joe, don't try to reason with him he doesn't and never will get it.

[/QUOTE]

As a Patsie, you should be embarrassed EVERY day for the stain that your cheating franchise has left on the league.Laughing

[/QUOTE

Cheating?

The Broncos are the team that was caught cheating the salary cap to the tune of $29 million in deferred payments to John Elway and Terrell Davis during their Super Bowl seasons.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis. – Washington Post September 17, 2004

Taken from media watch-without comment from me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Brady > Manning:

1. More consistently accurate up to roughly 20 yards

2. Is smarter about trying to do too much on a play and so throws less picks. His more consistent accuracy in the short to intermediate passing game also reduces likelihood of picks.

3. Throws a tighter ball with more authority and so his effectiveness in strong winds and cold weather is even a little more pronounced in those conditions.

4. Brady is more consistently clutch. In any one game Manning can of course be every bit as clutch. But Brady, in playoff type games, has proven to be cooler under pressure.

Manning > Brady:

1. Manning is clearly more consistently accurate throwing deeper; roughly 25 yards and longer

2. Because Manning is better deep the defense must remain more honest in respecting the deep game which does help to open up more of the field to his receivers

Each has some element of their game that is better. FOr one big game or for playing on a team that has to play in cold weather I take Brady. If you are going to play in a dome or warm weather I would lean towards Manning. Because you cannot count on the weather in big games, especially late in the year and in the playoffs I would take Brady over Manning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Which one was the one where Brady completed the highest percentage of passes? Panthers or Eagles?

[/QUOTE]

Eagles game. 70%

Carolina 67%

15 less attempts in the Eagles game

Sections
Shortcuts