Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

Tom Brady may have lost a bit of that inner fire that he used to display back when he was winning championships with less than stellar supporting cast (WRs). But the guy's work ethic is something to admire. He's a first ballot hall of famer and yet he's still looking for ways to improve his game. I find it interesting that he went to a pitching coach to probably fix some mechanical flaws in his throwing motion, or get more strength on his shoulders. This article does not focus on brady, it's more about alex smith. But I wonder on what was brady working and why? What improvements we'll se next season? What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

let's see, mebbe:

quick releases; to avoid collapsing pocket
    long ball; to his new WRs
    looking off his intended receiver
    hand off the rock....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

If Brady went to Tom House, God help us! haha Actually when I looked up House's career stats not as bad as I expected;

29-23, 33 SV, 3.79 ERA

I just hope Brady gets another ring or 3 to ensure he is a first ballot HOF'er. To me some of the luster is definitely off TB12 based on his playoff performances the last few years. Very mediocre.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

can he also work on his pick off move? lol like holding the runner more instead of trying to pick him off, risking a wild throw to first base( taking a sack & no risking an INT ).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!:
    Tom Brady may have lost a bit of that inner fire that he used to display back when he was winning championships with less than stellar supporting cast (WRs). But the guy's work ethic is something to admire. He's a first ballot hall of famer and yet he's still looking for ways to improve his game. I find it interesting that he went to a pitching coach to probably fix some mechanical flaws in his throwing motion, or get more strength on his shoulders. This article does not focus on brady, it's more about alex smith. But I wonder on what was brady working and why? What improvements we'll se next season? What are your thoughts? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/13/alex-smith-tom-brady-and-others-worked-with-baseball-pitching-coach-in-march/
    Posted by leonardo0110

He doesn't need to improve his mechancics,  He doesn't need to improve his decision making he needs the fire he possessed in his early years.
    The reason I feel he is lacking this fire is that I do not believe his hot wife is fully supportive of his profession and thus has a negative impact on his performance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brady has a bum shoulder from multiple hits.  The shoulder has been "probable" for years.  What Brady might want is a better deep ball through more practice, but with less overall wear on the shoulder.  Someone should count Brady's pitches in practice. 

A pitcher's pickoff move is comparable to a fake left and a toss right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!:
    In Response to Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : He doesn't need to improve his mechancics,  He doesn't need to improve his decision making he needs the fire he possessed in his early years. The reason I feel he is lacking this fire is that I do not believe his hot wife is fully supportive of his profession and thus has a negative impact on his performance.
    Posted by jaxpat

And your evidence for this is ...?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In Response to Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : i dont get this stuff about "heart" and "inner fire" fans say, as if that can be measured by outsiders...to me this is nonsense most times-the guy lost some games, so did staubach, montana, bradshaw, favre, rogers, marino...what did their "inner fire/heart" crap out too? and how can u say he has lost some "inner fire" then go on to say how incredible his work ethic is and all the extra work he does in preparation? doesn't "inner fire" and this go together?
    Posted by JintsFan

There's a difference in " inner fire " and "work ethic ". To me Brady I think feels content with the rings that he has, And it doesn't seem like he wants it that bad. I Can compare his work ethic with A-Rod's, A-Rod has an unbelievable work ethic but he doesn't play with that "Heart" that Derek Jeter plays with. Kobe Bryant doesn't look content with all those rings that he has, Brady used to be like that. He said that he was going to play better in the super bowl after the win over baltimore, did he? Brady back in the early 2000's every time he made a bad play, on the next series he'd make up for it, You could see it in his eyes, that determination to go take it from anybody. I don't think you see that same look on his eyes now days, unless I'm seeing only what I want to see. Brady used to be the Mariano Rivera of football, the best closer in the business, Not anymore. That's the way I look at it, that's what I think personally, I could be wrong or I could be right either way is my opinion. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If Brady went to Tom House, God help us! haha Actually when I looked up House's career stats not as bad as I expected; 29-23, 33 SV, 3.79 ERA I just hope Brady gets another ring or 3 to ensure he is a first ballot HOF'er. To me some of the luster is definitely off TB12 based on his playoff performances the last few years. Very mediocre.
    Posted by Quagmire3

He just threw up a 91 in the SB. That's just shy of his 8th best all-time in the SB number, and that without his biggest weapon. His PR for the palyoffs last year was 100. If you think that's "very mediocre", then you are living in da da land. I assure you those that vote for entry into the Hall do not suffer the same cluelessness as you do on this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : i dont get this stuff about "heart" and "inner fire" fans say, as if that can be measured by outsiders...to me this is nonsense most times-the guy lost some games, so did staubach, montana, bradshaw, favre, rogers, marino...what did their "inner fire/heart" crap out too? and how can u say he has lost some "inner fire" then go on to say how incredible his work ethic is and all the extra work he does in preparation? doesn't "inner fire" and this go together?
    Posted by JintsFan

Let me explain it for you. Many of these stooges around here that call themselves Pats' fans don't have a clue. They feast on cliches that seem clever to them but are devoid of any facts to back them up. Around here we call it pure BS. They probably call it the same in your neck of the woods.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : There's a difference in " inner fire " and "work ethic ". To me Brady I think feels content with the rings that he has, And it doesn't seem like he wants it that bad. I Can compare his work ethic with A-Rod's, A-Rod has an unbelievable work ethic but he doesn't play with that "Heart" that Derek Jeter plays with. Kobe Bryant doesn't look content with all those rings that he has, Brady used to be like that. He said that he was going to play better in the super bowl after the win over baltimore, did he? Brady back in the early 2000's every time he made a bad play, on the next series he'd make up for it, You could see it in his eyes, that determination to go take it from anybody. I don't think you see that same look on his eyes now days, unless I'm seeing only what I want to see. Brady used to be the Mariano Rivera of football, the best closer in the business, Not anymore. That's the way I look at it, that's what I think personally, I could be wrong or I could be right either way is my opinion. 
    Posted by leonardo0110

How in hell could you possibly know how bad he wants anything or how much heart he has? This is BS.

And I would say throwing a 91 rather than the 57 he threw against the Ravens fulfills his promise to "play better".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : How in hell could you possibly know how bad he wants anything or how much heart he has? This is BS. And I would say throwing a 91 rather than the 57 he threw against the Ravens fulfills his promise to "play better".
    Posted by BabeParilli

That does not fulfills anything, I don't think brady was telling kraft that he'll play better by having a better QBR on the next game. You can make the argument that the defense played better than the O in that superbowl, and that BRADY wasn't the best player on his own team during that game. QBR is an over-rated stat, heck Mark Sanchez had better QBR in the playoffs than brady have had in a long time. Let me ask you something, Do you remember Brady's body language, do you remember that "Killer instinct" that he used to show when he was in those playoff games during their championships run? Do you see that same look in his eyes now? I'm not here pretending that I know what's inside every individual, but I know you can tell when someone plays with that " I've never won anything in my life" mentality even though he has won many before. His passion for the game is something that I'd never put into question, but he does looks CONTENT with what he has accomplished. Which by the way is something I admire and I would give anything as an athlete to be able to accomplish everything that he has in his career. 

I'll put Kobe Bryant as an example again, you can tell by the way he plays that he wants another ring badly. You can see that, there's no way you cannot tell when someone wants to have something real bad. You also saw that in Michael Jordan, and you also saw how he didn't want it that bad anymore. That's why he retired, not because he couldn't play at the level people were used to seeing him play, he just didn't want it as bad as he used to. When you become satisfied with what you have accomplished in your life, or within your professional career you loose that "fire" to continue to accomplish more. That does not mean that you're going to quit your career, that you're going to put less work into your preparations, your routine, is very simple, you're complacent with whatever the outcome is. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that have noticed that in brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : That does not fulfills anything, I don't think brady was telling kraft that he'll play better by having a better QBR on the next game. You can make the argument that the defense played better than the O in that superbowl, and that BRADY wasn't the best player on his own team during that game. QBR is an over-rated stat, heck Mark Sanchez had better QBR in the playoffs than brady have had in a long time. Let me ask you something, Do you remember Brady's body language, do you remember that "Killer instinct" that he used to show when he was in those playoff games during their championships run? Do you see that same look in his eyes now? I'm not here pretending that I know what's inside every individual, but I know you can tell when someone plays with that " I've never won anything in my life" mentality even though he has won many before. His passion for the game is something that I'd never put into question, but he does looks CONTENT with what he has accomplished. Which by the way is something I admire and I would give anything as an athlete to be able to accomplish everything that he has in his career.  I'll put Kobe Bryant as an example again, you can tell by the way he plays that he wants another ring badly. You can see that, there's no way you cannot tell when someone wants to have something real bad. You also saw that in Michael Jordan, and you also saw how he didn't want it that bad anymore. That's why he retired, not because he couldn't play at the level people were used to seeing him play, he just didn't want it as bad as he used to. When you become satisfied with what you have accomplished in your life, or within your professional career you loose that "fire" to continue to accomplish more. That does not mean that you're going to quit your career, that you're going to put less work into your preparations, your routine, is very simple, you're complacent with whatever the outcome is. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that have noticed that in brady.
    Posted by leonardo0110

Are you seriously trying to tell me Brady did not play better in the SB than he did against the Ravens?

I don't look at "body language". I look at who shows up when the game is on the line. Brady shows up. I wish I could say the same for our defense.

I understand passer rating isn't a perfect stat. But I'll gladly go by that before I go by your opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Are you seriously trying to tell me Brady did not play better in the SB than he did against the Ravens? I don't look at "body language". I look at who shows up when the game is on the line. Brady shows up. I wish I could say the same for our defense. I understand passer rating isn't a perfect stat. But I'll gladly go by that before I go by your opinion.
    Posted by BabeParilli

When was the last time brady showed up when the game was on the line in a big game? ( play-offs preferably )

I think you've read this before ( I don't know how much weight you put in this sort of sources but whatever) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/365210-has-tom-brady-lost-his-edge

Remember That Look? This Tom Brady Wanted it Bad.

This Tom Brady Not So Much....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : When was the last time brady showed up when the game was on the line in a big game? ( play-offs preferably ) I think you've read this before ( I don't know how much weight you put in this sort of sources but whatever)  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/365210-has-tom-brady-lost-his-edge Remember That Look? This Tom Brady Wanted it Bad. This Tom Brady Not So Much....
    Posted by leonardo0110

Brady hit Welker on both hands with a pass in the recent SB that he dropped which would have likely iced the game. Then the D folded in the endgame.

He hit Moss for the go ahead score at the end of the 2007 SB only to see the D fold in the endgame again.

He brought them down for a go ahead field goal in 2006 only to see the D fail in the endgame and give the Colts a TD.

There's a few.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Brady hit Welker on both hands with a pass in the recent SB that he dropped which would have likely iced the game. Then the D folded in the endgame. He hit Moss for the go ahead score at the end of the 2007 SB only to see the D fold in the endgame again. He brought them down for a go ahead field goal in 2006 only to see the D fail in the endgame and give the Colts a TD. There's a few.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Weren't the pats leading 21-0 at the half in that 2006 game against the colts? That 2007 SB was more lucky than any other that I've seen in my life, you can also make the argument that the 2007 O wasn't supposed to score just 14 points. As I recall, even brady joked about when plax said they were going to score 14pts " I thought plax was going to give us a bit more credit on offense, does he plays defense too? " when did the brady of old cared about what an opponent's WR said about his team? he used to let his play do all the talking. Is funny you bring out only one play from the last superbowl, why don't you bring up that INT he threw too? or that safety? And also that welkers drop wasn't really a drop it was a poor throw by brady. Do you remember the 2001 superbowl? when the Rams brought an overload blitz and brady just threw the ball away and didn't force it? ( Like he did to gronk when he was pressured) I know we've lost games because of the D, but if the D is on the field for a long time is the O job to provide some breathing room, and quite frankly they haven't provide it that. And that falls to the QB more so than on his receivers and O-line, because he's the one that take most of the credit when the team wins, so he also needs to take most of the blame when the team looses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : He just threw up a 91 in the SB. That's just shy of his 8th best all-time in the SB number, and that without his biggest weapon. His PR for the palyoffs last year was 100. If you think that's "very mediocre", then you are living in da da land. I assure you those that vote for entry into the Hall do not suffer the same cluelessness as you do on this.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Quite frankly I dont care what the number say. The bottom line is he didn't play his best in the biggest game! Starting with the first pass of the game that resulted in intentional grounding in the end zone, to the consecutive 3 and outs in the 2nd half, to the pick throw towards Gronk. Factor in the "drop" by WW that also was not a very well thrown ball. I love TB12, I am just saying his recent playoff performances leave something to be desired.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Unless TB suffers an injury (God forbid), the Pats have an excellent chance at another SB with the talent they have. His desire to win should not be in question.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

26/47, 296 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 65.6 QBR, 17-3 Loss
    8/15,  98 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 34.2 QBR, 49-3 Loss
    12/26, 109 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 42.0 QBR, 36-24 Loss

THAT is bad QB play; 3 consecutive 1-and-dones in the playoffs.  Whoever this bum was clearly had no inner fire.  Some guy who earned a clearly undeserved rep as a clutch QB early in his career and then just absolutely lost it.  How anybody can say this Montana clown was a great QB is beyond me.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts