Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!:
    [QUOTE]26/47, 296 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 65.6 QBR, 17-3 Loss 8/15,  98 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 34.2 QBR, 49-3 Loss 12/26, 109 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 42.0 QBR, 36-24 Loss THAT is bad QB play; 3 consecutive 1-and-dones in the playoffs.  Whoever this bum was clearly had no inner fire.  Some guy who earned a clearly undeserved rep as a clutch QB early in his career and then just absolutely lost it.  How anybody can say this Montana clown was a great QB is beyond me.
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

Good point. Far far far too many people here just don't know this game. It's comical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Quite frankly I dont care what the number say. The bottom line is he didn't play his best in the biggest game! Starting with the first pass of the game that resulted in intentional grounding in the end zone, to the consecutive 3 and outs in the 2nd half, to the pick throw towards Gronk. Factor in the "drop" by WW that also was not a very well thrown ball. I love TB12, I am just saying his recent playoff performances leave something to be desired.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

This is a prime example of why you just don't get this game. It's all superficial cliche ridden BS with you.

Of course you don't care what the numbers say. Facts like that interfere with your spin.

Brady is one of the least culpable persons on that safety call. 7 guys blocking for him couldn't stop 4 Giants' rushers for more than 4 seconds! 3 receivers being covered by 7 defenders need a little more time than that to get free.

Did it ever cross your tiny football mind that maybe Brady saved 5 points by getting rid of it at all and not getting a sack-fumble in the EZ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : I don't get why he can't admit something so true and factual.  It's like you and I being honest and real people on the topic is something that is frowned upon by aging individuals like Babe Parilli.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

What you can't admit in the throes of your dysfunction is that Brady had a pretty good game with a 91 rating and 2 TDs vs 1 pick, and hit Welker on both hands for what would have likely been the 1st down to seal the win (all this with his best weapon hobbled). And you IGNORE the PATHETIC defense fail in the endgame to lose yet another Lombardi. It is so mindlessly oblivious it's creepy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Isn't it possible that the Pats lost, not because Brady played great and the D played horrid, or the D played great and Brady played horrid; but simply because they both played pretty average?

Brady did not have a transcendent game, he did not have a good game, but he also didn't have a terrible game.  The intentional grounding I don't really blame him for; when's the last time you saw a grounding call on a pass 40 yards down the field?  When a defender hadn't even touched him yet?  The pass to Welker hit him on the hands, yes, but Welker was fully outstretched AWAY from Brady to get his hands on the ball; not a great pass, but a somewhat catchable one.  The INT was his monster all-world tight end covered by a second string LBer; he underthrew it.  The decision was good (even taking into account Gronk's gimpiness), the execution was not.

The D was stout all game long until the Giants' final drive.  One bad drive at THAT point in the game really does bring what could have been a "great" outing by the D down to "average."  Both sides of the ball had the opportunity to clinch the game, and neither could come up with a play when needed most.  The Giants did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady went to Tom House, God help us! haha Actually when I looked up House's career stats not as bad as I expected; 29-23, 33 SV, 3.79 ERA I just hope Brady gets another ring or 3 to ensure he is a first ballot HOF'er. To me some of the luster is definitely off TB12 based on his playoff performances the last few years. Very mediocre.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Tom House...remember his disasterous stint with the Red Sox, in "76-77?: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/houseto01.shtml 

LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't it possible that the Pats lost, not because Brady played great and the D played horrid, or the D played great and Brady played horrid; but simply because they both played pretty average? Brady did not have a transcendent game, he did not have a good game, but he also didn't have a terrible game.  The intentional grounding I don't really blame him for; when's the last time you saw a grounding call on a pass 40 yards down the field?  When a defender hadn't even touched him yet?  The pass to Welker hit him on the hands, yes, but Welker was fully outstretched AWAY from Brady to get his hands on the ball; not a great pass, but a somewhat catchable one.  The INT was his monster all-world tight end covered by a second string LBer; he underthrew it.  The decision was good (even taking into account Gronk's gimpiness), the execution was not. The D was stout all game long until the Giants' final drive.  One bad drive at THAT point in the game really does bring what could have been a "great" outing by the D down to "average."  Both sides of the ball had the opportunity to clinch the game, and neither could come up with a play when needed most.  The Giants did.

Putting up a 91 with your prime weapon hobbled is pretty damned good. That is all.

Yeah, "the Giants did" alright. They went through that D like crap through a goose. Embarrassing.

BB certainly is sick and tired of these D fails in the endgame. He would probably have THREE more Lombardis if not for that fact. Thus, the massive commitment of draft resources on D this time. He is weary of being right there for the prize and watching his D get mauled for the loss.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Funniest thing you've ever said here, which really says something.  I've forgotten more about this game than you could ever dream of learning.  You also probably think Josh Beckett is pitching well right now. Also, Brady's "100 QB rating" this postseason was also funny to all of us because we know one game against a very weak defense at home off a Bye week is not representative of his 3 total playoff games. Almost as funny as Mark Sanchez's 126 rating in January of 2011 at Foxborough. Mark Sanchez's play will never reflect that of a QB hitting a 126 on the QBR scale, just like Brady's "100 rating" in the 2011 playoffs reflects his play. Good day.

Just more nonsense and idiotic spin from your dysfunctional mind. Brady had a 91 in the SB despite numerous drops and his biggest weapon being gimped. The vicious Ravens' D with their 68 DPR is all that kept him from far exceeding even the 100. You have nothing going on but feeble spin, as usual. The facts burn you every time, LMAO@U.

Here's a fact for you nitwit. Take away the 57 second desperation drive at the end and Brady had over a 100 PR in the SB. And he also had 34 attempts, under your magic number for success. You are so easily defeated.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Speaking of failure in the SB.

On the Giants' winning drive Eli hit 83% of his passes, 12.3 ypa for a 118 passer rating. Not bad for a career 82 passer. Embarrassing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : This is a prime example of why you just don't get this game. Brady is one of the least culpable persons on that safety call.Did it ever cross your tiny football mind that maybe Brady saved 5 points by getting rid of it at all and not getting a sack-fumble in the EZ?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You state that these people don't know anything about football and then say something like this.  

The QB is always to blame for a safety, ALWAYS!! All Brady had to do was step one foot to the right and get outside the hash mark's. Clownish doesn't begin to describe your rants.

You've also stated at least three times in this thread about the failure of the defense, "endgame" or something you keep repeating like a lunatic. 

The Patriot offense had the ball with a minute left and three successive drops by Welker, Hernandez and Branch is how the game ended, your attempt at revisionist history isn't working.

Granted one minute isn't a lot of time to score, but then it was the offense that chose to get into a shootout with a superior pass rush in the first place and lost the game long before the final minute anyhow by not playing complimentary football the entire game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : You state that these people don't know anything about football and then say something like this.   The QB is always to blame for a safety, ALWAYS!! All Brady had to do was step one foot to the right and get outside the hash mark's. Clownish doesn't begin to describe your rants. You've also stated at least three times in this thread about the failure of the defense, "endgame" or something you keep repeating like a lunatic.  The Patriot offense had the ball with a minute left and three successive drops by Welker, Hernandez and Branch is how the game ended, your attempt at revisionist history isn't working. Granted one minute isn't a lot of time to score, but then it was the offense that chose to get into a shootout with a superior pass rush in the first place and lost the game long before the final minute anyhow by not playing complimentary football the entire game.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Look at the vid again nitwit. That guy was on Brady in one second flat. There was no time to "step one foot to the right" while his 7 blockers were getting owned by 4 Giants. Learn the game.

A 21 - 17 game is a shootout? Learn the game.

You really are going to try and slam Brady because he didn't go 80 yards and get a TD with 57 seconds left? Learn the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]You clearly never played sports. I don't expect my D to be lights out or very good against very good offenses late in a very tiring game called the SB, especially in an era where they never call holding on the O Line, flags always favor the offense, etc.  Athletes are not going to be as fresh late in a game like that as they are in the earlier parts of the games, especially when constantly on the field over and over due to Safeties, 3 and outs galore and INTs. This is like a Cardinals fan in SB 44 saying their D "folded" when Roethlisberger made the throw into the corner and Holmes made that catch.  Nice throw, GREAT catch. The fact is, Kurt Warner moronically threw an  INT at the goal line before half, which flipped momemtum and ruined their chances at a win.  That was the ballgame, not the Holmes TD.    Warner has to live with that stupid decision the rest of his life. It's the same thing with Theismann in SB 18.  What on earth was he thinking?  Jack Squirek said "thanks very much", and that was your ballgame before halftime. Our version of that started with the Safety and finished with a Welker drop while wide open.  Brady's INT in between those plays was the killer, however, because it came on 1st down in NY territory, WITH OUR D GIVING OUR O MOMENTUM AND ANOTHER CRACK AT A SOLID DRIVE.   If you had told me our D would allow 6 points tyhrough the second half of that SB, I'd say "we would win the game". And why is he throwing to a hobbled player anyway?  Why is he making horrendous throws on 1st down TWO GAMES IN A ROW like that?  Hmm?  Everyone and their mother is yelling at the tv for him to keep running and go for a 3-4 yard run and run some clock on 1st down and you're standing there all happy he threw arguably the worst INT of his entire career? Why? You keep using that (Gronk's situation) as an excuse, yet he makes him jump for an underthrown ball, Grampa? Do you ever make sense? I wouldn't be blaming my D later in the game because a QB and a WR made nice plays.  They made nice plays. You act like if any offensive player ever makes a good play on our D, that it's simply unacceptable.  I hope you don't have kids or grandkids nearby.  In fact, if you did, I might send a little note to the Globe here and get them to do an IP addy trace for them to call social services. This is the line of thinking of a psychopath. It's Dahmer-level.   It truly is.   Tom Brady's 91 rating in the SB is as misleading as his 100 in the postseason, not because of stats, but because of WHAT he did at WHAT time in the game. Everyone else is looking at you right now wondering if a change and meds or a diaper will even benefit you.

LOL, you got nothing here. The D folded yet again to deprive us of a Lombardi. It was an EMBARRASSING fail. PATHETIC. SHAMELESS. FEEBLE. OWNED. (So BB threw the whole next draft at the D to try and fix it)

But all you can say is they were "tired", LMFAO@U!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! :  Granted one minute isn't a lot of time to score, but then it was the offense that chose to get into a shootout with a superior pass rush in the first place and lost the game long before the final minute anyhow by not playing complimentary football the entire game.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Tell me.  At what point was the D playing complementary football?  Was it when every drive they allowed exceeded 5 minutes of ToP (well except for the last one, but I wouldn't exactly call that a success)?  Was it when they couldn't force a three and out or a turnover resulting in terrible field position for the offense the entire game?  Yeah the offense could have played better, but let's not pretend the D played complementary football either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] I might send a little note to the Globe here and get them to do an IP addy trace for them to call social services. This is the line of thinking of a psychopath. It's Dahmer-level.   It truly is.

LOL, yeah the powers that be here will get right on checking me out because my thinking the greatest player in team history is great, the 31st ranked D that folded at the end of yet another SB is bad and BB knows how to run the team better than you makes me a psycho. Equivelent to a mass murderer according to you.

And who else but the guy they ban once a month would they heed on such a matter?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Tell me.  At what point was the D playing complementary football?  Was it when every drive they allowed exceeded 5 minutes of ToP (well except for the last one, but I wouldn't exactly call that a success)?  Was it when they couldn't force a three and out or a turnover resulting in terrible field position for the offense the entire game?  Yeah the offense could have played better, but let's not pretend the D played complementary football either.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Good point. But the O did pretty well with Gronk KO'd. He had 1/3 of their TDs for crying out loud. The forum crazies conveniently leave that out all the time.

If somebody told me before the game Brady would throw a 91 despite Gronk being a non-factor I would have said I'll gladly take that.

I stated during the game thread just after the half when someone mentioned the D was playing well that all I ask for is a good performance in the endgame. Sure as hell I called that one as they completely folded when the chips were down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I don't want to go back to talking about the Super Bowl, but I will for a moment. In my opinion, BOTH sides of the ball deserve some of the blame...not just one side. Here's why:

Offense: Now of course, Gronk (IMO the most important receiving piece in our passing game) was out, and this should be accounted for. However, a couple of mistakes will always stand out to me when I think of this Super Bowl. Brady's interception (boneheaded to force it deep to an injured Gronk) and safety, and Welker's drop (throw was not perfect but still right in Wes' hands) are a few. I think we could have ran the ball a little more to increase out TOP and counter the Giants pass rush.

Defense: Biggest problem here was TOP...they could not get the Giants off the field. Also, the lack of turnovers stunk (I know there were a couple forced fumbles but what good is that if you don't recover?). Mayo's play (or should i say lack of it) in the endzone on that one TD was disturbing. Furthermore, the D couldn't make the stop when we needed it most on the last drive.

In conclusion, saying one side is the reason we lost is foolish. It's a team game, and both sides are accountable.

On a side note, I'm pumped for this season. I think we took steps to improve on both sides of the ball, and this will put us into position for another potential super bowl run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't it possible that the Pats lost, not because Brady played great and the D played horrid, or the D played great and Brady played horrid; but simply because they both played pretty average? Brady did not have a transcendent game, he did not have a good game, but he also didn't have a terrible game.  The intentional grounding I don't really blame him for; when's the last time you saw a grounding call on a pass 40 yards down the field?  When a defender hadn't even touched him yet?  The pass to Welker hit him on the hands, yes, but Welker was fully outstretched AWAY from Brady to get his hands on the ball; not a great pass, but a somewhat catchable one.  The INT was his monster all-world tight end covered by a second string LBer; he underthrew it.  The decision was good (even taking into account Gronk's gimpiness), the execution was not. The D was stout all game long until the Giants' final drive.  One bad drive at THAT point in the game really does bring what could have been a "great" outing by the D down to "average."  Both sides of the ball had the opportunity to clinch the game, and neither could come up with a play when needed most.  The Giants did.

Essentially my thoughts. Good post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Look at the vid again nitwit. That guy was on Brady in one second flat. There was no time to "step one foot to the right" while his 7 blockers were getting owned by 4 Giants. Learn the game. A 21 - 17 game is a shootout? Learn the game. You really are going to try and slam Brady because he didn't go 80 yards and get a TD with 57 seconds left? Learn the game.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Brady stood in there long enough to read three different receivers, I don't need to watch the vid again.  He could have stepped to the side and thrown it away, any and every QB or analyst will tell you the same thing, it's the QB's responsibility, nobody else's.  In fact if you watch the vid again since I know you haven't I can recall the announcers getting on Brady for making a mistake.

I didn't say the game was a shootout, I said trying to get in a shootout with a superior defensive front was suicide, but you would actually have to have the intelligence of a sea slug to figure that out, sorry I should have wrote it in crayon.

The game was lost prior to the final minute, but that doesn't change the fact that the offense couldn't execute in that final minute or that 3 different receivers dropped a pass in that final drive.  

Live by the pass, die by the pass...

We should have run a ball control offense, or more specifically we should have done what the Giant's did to us, then the clock would have run out on them instead of us.  

But than Tom Coughlin came from the same school of offense that Charlie Weis preached, the Ernhardt-Perkins system works.  

3 rings for the Pats, 4 rings for the Giant's, it's a proven system where the run sets up the pass... completely over your head and impossible for you to grasp.

Keep posting though, I really enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Well, it's unfortunate they didn't fall on those 2 fumbles.  But, wildly blaming a D for that while looking past the Safety, the iNT and the Welker drop, while ignoring a rested and healthy BJGE? Really dude? We have a 9 million dollar LG who isn't the best pass blocker blocking for a 34 year old 20 mil per QB who apparently has forgotten why he was the best QB in the game. Sorry, I put more blame on the guys who get the paychecks more so than the guys who don't on D.

I am not saying the offense wasn't at fault.  I just fault the D a bit more than you do.  Also my response was to Wozzy's argument that the offense did not play complementary football and therefore by implication is the reason we lost.  I am saying the D didn't play complementary football either in any sense of the term.  Can you really deny that?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts