Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

We can't say we lost the game because we didn't have our best player healthy, or the focal point of the offense wasn't 100. Tom Brady is our best player period, he's the focal point of that offense end of story. He made TWO bad decisions that cost them the game( safety & INT ) the D played far better than what they were playing during the regular season. They outperformed the O even vs the Denver, the ravens game was not so good at the end either but they started very good. What I've noticed about the D is that when they stop bringing pressure and try to prevent the big play, that's when they get picked apart. They don't play with the same intensity for 60 minutes, or they just don't adjust well on the fly when the offensive line from the opposition starts to pick up the pressure better. 

As I recall, they had about two sacks on the giants first possession, and on the second they also brought more pressure and they looked locked in. But all of a sudden, the giants started marching up and down the field on them, and they were not getting any pressure on eli. The O didn't provide rest enough for the D to recover and maybe gain that energy, that intensity, with which they started playing. The play-calling was not good either, on that welker's famous "drop", the play before I believe it was a run, where BJGE got stopped, why not try and run it again? have a more manageable third down? The defense forced TWO fumbles one negated by 12 men on the field ( really 12 men on the field on the biggest game of the year? where was the focus? ) The other fumble was inside the giants 20 if I remember correctly, where I saw I think Arrington diving over it instead of trying to pick it up or at least block the opposing player from recovering it.

The blame for this loss should be squarely on the O as a whole, because the D played better than what people expected of them. They did enough to keep the game close for that potent offense to do it's thing, with gronk or not. Is basically the same in baseball when a pitcher gives up 3 runs or less and lose the game even though the Offense had men on base in almost every inning. People will blame the loss on the offense, and give the pitcher credit for keeping them in the game, and that's what the pats D did for them. Hopefully we can finish this thing off this upcoming season, and have a better subject to dissect than a loss. (BB & Brady Legacy as 4X superbowl champions )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!:
    [QUOTE]Also, I don't use the Andre Carter excuse, so no one should be using the Gronk excuse.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to tell us Carter and Gronk were equivalent losses? Somebody call the guys in the white jackets, apparently a patient has wandered off again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Gronk played... Caught a 20+ yard pass... Carter, Ras Dowling, the defense had many injuries... Just ignore all facts as they appear.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]  We can't say we lost the game because we didn't have our best player healthy, or the focal point of the offense wasn't 100. Tom Brady is our best player period, he's the focal point of that offense end of story. He made TWO bad decisions that cost them the game( safety & INT ) the D played far better than what they were playing during the regular season. They outperformed the O even vs the Denver, the ravens game was not so good at the end either but they started very good. What I've noticed about the D is that when they stop bringing pressure and try to prevent the big play, that's when they get picked apart. They don't play with the same intensity for 60 minutes, or they just don't adjust well on the fly when the offensive line from the opposition starts to pick up the pressure better.    As I recall, they had about two sacks on the giants first possession, and on the second they also brought more pressure and they looked locked in. But all of a sudden, the giants started marching up and down the field on them, and they were not getting any pressure on eli. The O didn't provide rest enough for the D to recover and maybe gain that energy, that intensity, with which they started playing. The play-calling was not good either, on that welker's famous "drop", the play before I believe it was a run, where BJGE got stopped, why not try and run it again? have a more manageable third down? The defense forced TWO fumbles one negated by 12 men on the field ( really 12 men on the field on the biggest game of the year? where was the focus? ) The other fumble was inside the giants 20 if I remember correctly, where I saw I think Arrington diving over it instead of trying to pick it up or at least block the opposing player from recovering it.   The blame for this loss should be squarely on the O as a whole, because the D played better than what people expected of them. They did enough to keep the game close for that potent offense to do it's thing, with gronk or not. Is basically the same in baseball when a pitcher gives up 3 runs or less and lose the game even though the Offense had men on base in almost every inning. People will blame the loss on the offense, and give the pitcher credit for keeping them in the game, and that's what the pats D did for them. Hopefully we can finish this thing off this upcoming season, and have a better subject to dissect than a loss. (BB & Brady Legacy as 4X superbowl champions )
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

It is rare that anybody manages to create such a long post yet be wrong on every single point they make. Yet you have achieved this. Impressive. You show great potential to unseat the champ wozzydoo and silver medalist TrueChump as the most stump dumb poster on the board. Take a bow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Gronk played... Caught a 20+ yard pass... Carter, Ras Dowling, the defense had many injuries... Just ignore all facts as they appear.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to tell us Gronk was fine and dandy wozzydoo?

And what's this about Ras? You mean the untested rookie? You're counting a guy that we don't even really know is capable of playing well as a big injury loss for the D?

Your in your championship stump dumb form tonight. I doubt the crown will ever be wrested away from you. If TrueChump can't out stupid you, probably nobody can.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : It is rare that anybody manages to create such a long post yet be wrong on every single point they make. Yet you have achieved this. Impressive. You show great potential to unseat the champ wozzydoo and silver medalist TrueChump as the most stump dumb poster on the board. Take a bow.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Probably I watched the wrong super bowl, why don't you enlighten me old wise one?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Probably I watched the wrong super bowl, why don't you enlighten me old wise one?
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

Okay, let's try this,

First, explain why the safety was Brady's fault.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Are you trying to tell us Gronk was fine and dandy wozzydoo? And what's this about Ras? You mean the untested rookie? You're counting a guy that we don't even really know is capable of playing well as a big injury loss for the D? Your in your championship stump dumb form tonight. I doubt the crown will ever be wrested away from you. If TrueChump can't out stupid you, probably nobody can. Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE] Ras Dowling was the starting corner opposite McCourty to start the season... once again showing how perceptive you are BoobParchese. Gronk played, caught a long pass, he played a lot of snaps... A lot of players play through injury. Oh yeah then he had a dance party afterward...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!": Ras Dowling was the starting corner opposite McCourty to start the season... once again showing how perceptive you are BoobParchese. Gronk played, caught a long pass, he played a lot of snaps... A lot of players play through injury. Oh yeah then he had a dance party afterward...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Ras played in 2 games you flippin' moron.

If anybody had any uncertainty that you are absolutely the numero uno dum bass on this whole site your mind-bogglingly stupid remarks about Gronk's injury remove any doubt. Even TrueChump isn't that stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The blame for this loss should be squarely on the O as a whole, because the D played better than what people expected of them. They did enough to keep the game close for that potent offense to do it's thing, with gronk or not. Is basically the same in baseball when a pitcher gives up 3 runs or less and lose the game even though the Offense had men on base in almost every inning. People will blame the loss on the offense, and give the pitcher credit for keeping them in the game, and that's what the pats D did for them. Hopefully we can finish this thing off this upcoming season, and have a better subject to dissect than a loss. (BB & Brady Legacy as 4X superbowl champions

That is just not true.
    If you check out the stats the D played worse than there 31st ranking.
    no turn overs when they averaged 2 a game.
    3rd down conversion worse than their average
    Top worse than their average.
    The only one they were better at was pts. Points were low due to low possessions, 8 instead of 12.
    They allowed a 50% scoring rate. 
    zero 3 & outs
    They failed in 5 out of 6 measurables right there. 
    The 6th was a result of the poor play in the other 5 (which kind of helped them in a weird way)  But it didn't help the O who might have benefited from the missing 4 possessions.
    Also not buying that they were tired.  The 1st possession of the game was the longest they allowed. 6 minutes.  What was their excuse there?  Tired from partying or what.  It sure wasn't because the O didn't give them rest.
    Sucks they had to go right back out there but if they hadn't just run a 6 minute D to start the game, they probably would have been able to handle it better.
    The Pats also ran 4 long drives of 4+ to 6 minutes.  Yet the D also allowed long drives after every one of those where they had plenty of rest.
    In fact the D allowed 8 long drives. 8 long drives out of 8 possessions.
    Do you know that at the 14 minute mark in the 4th quarter the Jints had more than twice the Offensive TOP than the Pats?  Yet the Pats were ahead. How hard did the O have to work to be ahead with half the Offensive TOP?  Plenty!
    At that point TB countered with a 6 minute drive.  Plenty of time for the rested D who proceeded to let the Jints score, twice, to take the lead.
    They actually gave them a dam TD to lose the game.  Did not try to stop it!
    Handed it to them on a silver platter.
    Yet, people blame the O who were ahead with half the offensive time of possession of the jints.
    That's just wrong.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!": [QUOTE]The blame for this loss should be squarely on the O as a whole, because the D played better than what people expected of them . They did enough to keep the game close for that potent offense to do it's thing, with gronk or not. Is basically the same in baseball when a pitcher gives up 3 runs or less and lose the game even though the Offense had men on base in almost every inning. People will blame the loss on the offense, and give the pitcher credit for keeping them in the game, and that's what the pats D did for them. Hopefully we can finish this thing off this upcoming season, and have a better subject to dissect than a loss. (BB & Brady Legacy as 4X superbowl champions That is just not true. If you check out the stats the D played worse than there 31st ranking. no turn overs when they averaged 2 a game. 3rd down conversion worse than their average Top worse than their average. The only one they were better at was pts. Points were low due to low possessions, 8 instead of 12. They allowed a 50% scoring rate.  zero 3 & outs They failed in 5 out of 6 measurables right there.  The 6th was a result of the poor play in the other 5 (which kind of helped them in a weird way)  But it didn't help the O who might have benefited from the missing 4 possessions. Also not buying that they were tired.  The 1st possession of the game was the longest they allowed. 6 minutes.  What was their excuse there?  Tired from partying or what.  It sure wasn't because the O didn't give them rest. Sucks they had to go right back out there but if they hadn't just run a 6 minute D to start the game, they probably would have been able to handle it better. The Pats also ran 4 long drives of 4+ to 6 minutes.  Yet the D also allowed long drives after every one of those where they had plenty of rest. In fact the D allowed 8 long drives. 8 long drives out of 8 possessions. Do you know that at the 14 minute mark in the 4th quarter the Jints had more than twice the Offensive TOP than the Pats?  Yet the Pats were ahead. How hard did the O have to work to be ahead with half the Offensive TOP?  Plenty! At that point TB countered with a 6 minute drive.  Plenty of time for the rested D who proceeded to let the Jints score, twice, to take the lead. They actually gave them a dam TD to lose the game.  Did not try to stop it! Handed it to them on a silver platter. Yet, people blame the O who were ahead with half the offensive time of possession of the jints. That's just wrong. Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE] That's a really long winded question to which I would say, the Giants sat on the ball by running it and continuing to run it despite the good run defense by NE. The Patriot's offense passed and didn't score enough to eclipse the 2 TD's the D gave up, in fact the offense gave the Giants points. The Patriots chose to engage the Giant's D in a shoot out and came away with 2 TD's. You don't need a whole dissertation to figure out that the D played average and the offense, who we needed to be overwhelming, wasn't. That's the problem with the "run&shoot" type offenses, it's feast or famine. Earnhardt-Perkins is highly efficient and plays keep away. 3 Patriot championships are testament to this as well as 4 Giant's trophies, I can't believe you people can't remember 1996-2004 or prior.... It was known as the Patriot way, you must have been watching another team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!": That's a really long winded question to which I would say, the Giants sat on the ball by running it and continuing to run it despite the good run defense by NE. The Patriot's offense passed and didn't score enough to eclipse the 2 TD's the D gave up, in fact the offense gave the Giants points. The Patriots chose to engage the Giant's D in a shoot out and came away with 2 TD's. You don't need a whole dissertation to figure out that the D played average and the offense, who we needed to be overwhelming, wasn't. That's the problem with the "run&shoot" type offenses, it's feast or famine. Earnhardt-Perkins is highly efficient and plays keep away. 3 Patriot championships are testament to this as well as 4 Giant's trophies, I can't believe you people can't remember 1996-2004 or prior.... It was known as the Patriot way, you must have been watching another team.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Ellie passed as much as TB and the run difference was not significant.
    Some of you guys act like the Pats don't run at all.  They run when the coaches think it will benefit them which was slightly below the league average.
    Like I said BB will always play the percentages and their run & shoot is often a result of necessity, meaning they need to score and need to do it quickly.
    Do you think BB just forgot about Weiss's O?  MCD learned from Weiss and OB learned from him.
    They haven't forgotten a thing but have had to adjust because their D is just not as potent as it used to be.  You can't have a game manager type of O with a weak or below average D.  ASK Cassell, he had the very good 07 D to help him win in 08. The SB teams had a very good D to help them win.  Eli had a very efficient D to help him win. (twice)
    TB did not. Even in 07, the 6th ranked D let him down several times, with missed picks, blown coverages and allowing helmet catches.
    Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how many points the O scores, if the D can't stop the other team from scoring more, you lose!  Of course it helps the more you score but sometimes the OTHER D stops that, and yours has to step up.
    It takes a village...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : i dont get this stuff about "heart" and "inner fire" fans say, as if that can be measured by outsiders...to me this is nonsense most times-the guy lost some games, so did staubach, montana, bradshaw, favre, rogers, marino...what did their "inner fire/heart" crap out too? and how can u say he has lost some "inner fire" then go on to say how incredible his work ethic is and all the extra work he does in preparation? doesn't "inner fire" and this go together?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I'm about to say this, Jints is right.  Just because a guy doesn't spend all his time at the stadium during the off season doesn't mean he's lost anything.

He has a family and I'm glad he's away from it getting recharged.  Tom is Tom, he still believes he can loss his job if he doesn't practice right and he's been quoted recently saying the same.  That's his approach no one will out work him. I don't think he's gotten over the SB in 2007 never mind in 2012, this is extremely important from Brady and his love for the game in unmatched.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Oh jesus. If I have to do this again... It's not the AMOUNT on the stat sheet at the end. The GIants CLEARLY made it a point to establish a run in the 1st half.  CLEARLY. We did not. Case closed. Deal with the fact that you and your leaders of that premise are absolutely flat out wrong. The less diverse an offense, the less chance you have of winning. Period.  Unequivocal truth.   Absolute truth. I've never seen a team win consistently or win a SB by doing one thing almost exclusively on offense.

That's right the Jints established the run early and time was on their side. The Pats didn't even get the ball until 3+ minutes left in the 1st quarter partially due to the safety and due to the chip shot punt which placed them on the 6 yrd line to start the game and partially due to the horrendous 6 minute 1st drive allowed by the D.  Fact
    Do you think the D would have been as tired if they had allowed a league wide average of 2 1/2 minutes defensively on the first drive?
    That first defensive drive dictated the game and the D never did anything to change it. 8 of 8 drives were way above the standard. Fact
    Again. i'm all for diversity but the D has to do their part to make that happen.
    You don't run when you're behind, you don't run with a slight lead unless you have confidence your D can hold and you don't run when you're down 12 to 3 minutes TOP to start the game.  Fact, fact, fact.
    You also don't just give the other team a TD if the D was doing their job.
    BTW giving a team 6pts is 300% worse than giving them 2 pts. Grant it they could have settled for a Fg without those 2 pts and that's on the O but the fact remains, they wouldn't have had to do that at all if they had just held their 9pt lead.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]NE had leads of 17-9, 17-12 and 17-15 and in each of the last 4 drives with momentum slowly being handed away by Tom Brady and Bill O'Brien.

Good summation, but I don't think they actually watched the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : that was a "shoot out"? gotta be the first 21-17 shootout in history
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

My actual quote; 

"The Patriots chose to engage the Giant's D in a shoot out and came away with 2 TD's."

I was being complimentary to the Giant's defense by saying it was folly to attempt to engage them into a shootout.  I'll spell it out for those who have a hard time understanding...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]"horrendous 6 minute drive"?  lol DO you realize our all world superstar D in 2007 allowed a 10 minute drive to start the SB? All of a sudden a 6 minute drive, one 6 minute drive with no points allowed, is offensive? LOL! A league wide average of 2.5 minutes?  Does that league wide average also talk about points allowed in those 2.5 minutes? What's more offensive, our QB and OC still not on the same page in the SB with 2 weeks to get ready or no points allowed on a 6 minute drive? NE had leads of 17-9, 17-12 and 17-15 and in each of the last 4 drives with momentum slowly being handed away by Tom Brady and Bill O'Brien, our own drives were absolutely embarrassing for a QB who makes 20 million and the game in his hands. FACT And, you absolutely DO run when you're behind in a close game OR ahead.  The same time element you bicker about on the opening drive is what we should have been TRYING to do in the 4th qtr, instead of tossing INTs on 1st down like a moron Jay Cutler halfbreed would or dropping balls left and right. You don't throw INTs or drop balls when you run the ball, Pezz. Pretty simple football 101 stuff here. What Wozzy and True Champ say about the Perkins/Earhardt offensive style and partly WHY we won 3 Sbs and WHY our D looked good winning those SBs is patently TRUE.  Absolute truth. The Chargers of the 1980s, Dolphins of the '80s and the Bills of the 1990s are all LOSERS because they never grasped this basic concept or though they could ignore it arrogantly due to thinking their QBs and WRs would offset running the ball. TRUTH HURTS.  We are now the 2000s Colts. LAME Heck, the 2000 Rams BARELY won their only SB.

Yes, I do realize the Pats allowed a 10 minute (it was close to a record) drive on  the 1st drive in 07 and I do realize the same results were achieved.   The D failed then too as I pointed out that they certainly didn't live up to their 6th place ranking. The jints dictated the game as a result of the first drive and won.  Also did it on the first game last year.
    Only way to fix that is with a good D.
    Teams don't run to win, they run when they're winning.  There is much research to support that and I haven't seen anything to dispell it. The exceptions to that are extremely rare. The Pats/ravens 09 game would be an exception but isn't it up to the D to stop it.  They couldn't.
    We are the 2000 Colts because of a lousy D, not because of a highly rated O.
    You always point out that no one wins a SB on the arm of their QB, but Nobody ever wins a SB with a D that can't hold a 2 score lead either.
    No turn overs, no 3 & outs, never stopping the opponent on their own half of the field allowing 8-12 plays a drive (every drive) is no where near what a good D does. Not even close.  Sorry, there's no disputing that.
    Oh and the Pats did have a 6 minute drive in the 4th quarter.  Neither teams  6 minute drive resulted in a score, just more time off the clock.....oh and bad field position for the opposing O.  The jints scored on their bad field position because nobody stopped them.
    Here's a free Td for ya, just give us the dam ball back!  LOL Awesome.