Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : The 10 or 6 minute drive in either SB is a moot point when it's 7-3 at halftime in SB 42 or 10-9 in SB 46. IN each game, the game was about the second half and who adjusted better. Do you agree there? This is sort of what the cap era NFL is about. Who adjusts better, who makes less mistakes, etc. NE picked off Eli Manning in SB 42.  Brady was not picked.  So, the 10 minute drive is not really a good argument if NE's D created a turnover like that.   At the same time, in SB 46, unfortunately 2 fumbles bounced in NY's favor, but Brady tossed arguably the most horrendous INT of his entire career.  Let's face it, that INT was so bad and so awful, it destroyed all the momentum both, NE's offense and defense had earned out of halftime. The D then answered holding NY JUST to FGs. FGs. I will take my D holding another team to FGs all day long. All day, especially with our offense. If you had told me, NE's D would hold NY's offense to under 30 minutes of time and held NY to 13 points going into that SB, I would have asked if we had any turnovers or mishaps on offense before teling you that we'd win the game going away. The problem is, Brady had a Safety and an INT, on top of the Welker drop.  And O'Brien's poor game by not leaving BJGE on the field as a lead back all were detrimental TOP aspects that led to a 39 minutes of time for NY.  That's UNDER 30 if these above elements I just listed don't occur. Even a 3 and out from the goal line with some running plays on that 1st series, drops the TOp down to 35 minutes for the Giants, v.s. 39.  It's just so simple and yet you continue to lean on the Tony Mazz and ESPN anti-BB analysis that are so flawed, it's sad you can't see it yet.  You're a good fan, but you're way off on this nd it's because you appreciate what Brady did many years ago and put that over what you;re seeing on the field. I can;t do that. You wanted the D to morph into the 1985 Bears and it's just beyond unreasonable to act like that when we all know the D actually played better than our own offense did. It's just not debatable.    The D was far from great, but it was without question a good enough gameplan and execution of it for our offense to try to help to do something, ANYTHING!, in that 4th qtr.  Even if they ran BJGE 3 straight times on one series and Mesko pinned one deep it would have probably led to a win. LOL! Think about that.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

You actually have some very good points and agreeable ones here except 1. 
    The D gave up more points than the O scored, which means they did not out play the O. If the D had given up less points than the O scored, you'd be 100% correct.
    No one's expecting them to morph into the Bears but a 3 & out, or a turn over or a 2 minute drive, would have been nice.  You know, all those things they did successfully in the regular season despite being ranked 31st.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

The entire current page... Undecided

Posts from BassFishingII are hidden
    Posts from JetMangione are hidden
    Posts from JetMangione are hidden

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I agree it would have been nice, but what are you going to do when the fumbles don't bounce for you and the other team's QB plays a cleaner game than your own? I don't fault our D because Brady made far more mistakes than Eli Manning did. That doesn't make any sense.  Eli is a good QB.  It's not like the Pats D faced some half baked offense here. I blame Brady for not performing better than Eli Manning.  Eli Manning is not better than Tom Brady, but the fact is, the last 3 games they've played head to head, he has been.  Stinks to admit it. And it appears some here have a hard time admitting it and then cast the blame on the D in the process. It's like not acknowledging when your goalie in hockey or your ace in a World Series is ooutplayed by the other goalie or pitcher.   They get the big bucks for a reason. 1. SB 42, was sheer luck with the helmet catch, but he still helped win that game while Brady only was able to barely eek out a TD drive at the end of that one.  Either way, clearly Brady wasn't good enough.  Then again, it's odd that he had an injured foot and he threw 46 times.   Very odd, actually. Hmm. 2. The game this past October was a game where Brady couldn't even get us a FG before halftime and threw numerous picks and bad balls. One ball was severely underthrown to a waiting Ochocinco in the end zone. Why did Ocho have to wait after being so wide open?  Hmm.  Didn't Greg Bedard try to use an excuse that his elbow was hurting from the Dallas game where he stared down receivers? Seems to be a lot of throwing just to throw, supposed injuries, excuses, etc. 3. SB 46. In each case, Eli played better than Brady.  In fact, guess what all 3 games feature?  No run game being established by the Pats.  Eli got his, Tom didn't get his. Do you really enoy seeing this movie repeated? I don't. I find throwing SB wins away very annoying as a fan.  I am telling ya, it's annoying to admit it, I know.  Manning is nowhere near Brady's level, but on those days, he was better or "4th ranked 2007 D" or our "31st 2012 ranked D" and we ain't winning SBs (no one is) when their QB plays worse than the other team's.

Again, very agreeable points, except that as the troll pointed out, (and it really makes me sick to say that)  Brady was playing a better D than Eli.
    It's true, most QB's that played the Pats looked better than they actually were.
    Can't lie. The stats do support that.
    And he11 no, I don't want to see a repeat. That's why things needed to be fixed on both sides of the ball.  Not just the O who had their share of mess ups.
    I hate INT's, there's no excuse for them unless it's a tipped ball, which can't be avoided. I do remember TB throwing the ball away or taking a sack more than he does now (in order not to throw an INT)  Unfortunately he did try that in the SB and messed up, but he had the right idea, as to not throw an INT.
     I just think the D needs more fixing than the O. It's just my opinion and I'm not trying to take sides, (O against D) it's just the way I see it.
    You see it differently and that's OK.
    We both want the same thing, just have different opinions on how to achieve it.
    Happily, I think the fix is in place and we'll all be happier this year.  Hope!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Again, very agreeable points, except that as the troll pointed out, (and it really makes me sick to say that)  Brady was playing a better D than Eli. It's true, most QB's that played the Pats looked better than they actually were. Can't lie. The stats do support that. And he11 no, I don't want to see a repeat. That's why things needed to be fixed on both sides of the ball.  Not just the O who had their share of mess ups. I hate INT's, there's no excuse for them unless it's a tipped ball, which can't be avoided. I do remember TB throwing the ball away or taking a sack more than he does now (in order not to throw an INT)  Unfortunately he did try that in the SB and messed up, but he had the right idea, as to not throw an INT.  I just think the D needs more fixing than the O. It's just my opinion and I'm not trying to take sides, (O against D) it's just the way I see it. You see it differently and that's OK. We both want the same thing, just have different opinions on how to achieve it. Happily, I think the fix is in place and we'll all be happier this year.  Hope!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I somewhat agree with this, but let me explain. I think the defense needs more pieces, which I think we got through the draft and FA (still hope we can bring Carter back). Meanwhile, the offense is fine as it is...the problem is how we run it. I'm not looking for a 50-50 split, but I think we need to run more to take pressure off Brady . We have 2 young RBs in Ridley and Vereen and I think this is the year where the running game will be utilized (I hope). Diversity makes us less predictable and will make us harder to stop. The only piece I thought we were missing on offense was a solid outside WR, which I think we picked up in Lloyd.

Regardless, I look forward to this season with great anticipation.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]The Brady of 04 playing with last years defense??  I doubt we make the playoffs. Lets see, how many TD passes did Tom average a year back then?? 1st 4 years as a starter he averaged 24 Td's a season and a 87 QBR The Last 4 years as a starter, he has averaged 38 TD's a season and a 107 QBR Welp! That sure looks like a guy in decline. Like I said, take that shyt to the nuthouse with you, but PLEASE stop talking NONSENSE on this board and to think when you get banned, you have a lot of people saying how smart you are..!!?!? I think next time, Im gonna ask for examples, cuz I just dont see it. Atleast as far as football is concerned. Hopefully when we win this year because of an IMPROVED "D" you will realize why we have lost the last 5 years since the ol' Great Patriots defenders started to decliine. You fail to see the change to a spread was directly correlated to our personell on offense and lack of horses on defense, hence the change to a spread em out, outscore the other team offense...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much a waste of breath to try to educate Queenie with facts.

Anybody who calls a 100 passing game "crappy" is a complete football moron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

You fail to see the change to a spread was directly correlated to our personell on offense and lack of horses on defense, hence the change to a spread em out, outscore the other team offense...

Exactly right and directly correlated as to why the O doesn't run as much as some would like.
    Score quickly and often cuz you know your D is gonna give up at least 21 points and you know you have a shortened time to do it because they haven't gotten off the field quickly in years.  YEARS!
    The SB's Pats D used to have the best TOP in the league, now it's one of the worst ever. :-(   Direct correlation!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]You fail to see the change to a spread was directly correlated to our personell on offense and lack of horses on defense, hence the change to a spread em out, outscore the other team offense... Exactly right and directly correlated as to why the O doesn't run as much as some would like. Score quickly and often cuz you know your D is gonna give up at least 21 points and you know you have a shortened time to do it because they haven't gotten off the field quickly in years.  YEARS! The SB's Pats D used to have the best TOP in the league, now it's one of the worst ever. :-(   Direct correlation!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

And the Giants well took advantage of that in the SB. Eat up clock and keep Brady off the field. Keep it close and bet on being able to beat down a mickey mouse defense in the endgame. Worked like a charm thanks to The Drop.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Take off your signed pink Brady underoos and you won't have to rehash anything.  Eli outplayed Brady.  Some of us are big boys and can admit that. 1 INT 0 INT 1 Safety 0 Safety taken Pretty simple stuff here.

Uhhh yeah, anyone who thinks otherwise is a homer in denial. Eli was clearly better than Brady in the big game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : NE's D held NY's offense ( a very good balance offense) to 9, 12 and 15 points total through 57 minutes.  That is flat out, more than enough for our offense to do something to pitch in and help. More than enough. In 4 tries in the 4th qtr, NE's offense did jack squat to even get 1 FG on the board to possibly ice the game.  All they did was miss opps with failed execution over and over and over. FAIL Offensive fail.  Whether it was the INT, the Welker drop or the myriad of drops on the last drive, the offense folded in thr 4th qtr. No NFL team should expect shutouts for entire halves in this era in a SB.  Anyone rememebr SB 38 where our all world D got torched by Jake Delhomme? At least Brady returned fire in that game.   He didn't in this one. Nighty night, trolls.

Agreed!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.