Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!

Hmmm....I don't get this logic " The Offense needs to strike fast because they know the D will give up long drives, and give up points. " Wouldn't it be a better idea for the O to not score as fast and have long drives? This will mask the D deficiencies better than the quick strike approach. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!!:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm....I don't get this logic " The Offense needs to strike fast because they know the D will give up long drives, and give up points. " Wouldn't it be a better idea for the O to not score as fast and have long drives? This will mask the D deficiencies better than the quick strike approach. 
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

Well because what the D does is independent from what the O does.  They are going to give up the long drives regardless of how long the O has the ball.  If the O and D are having long drives you have a 6 possession game.
    ex:  the Pats O had 4 long drives in the SB but the D had long drives before and after each of the Pats long drives.  That resulted in an 8 possession game.  Pats 4 long drives, jints 8 long drives.  If the Pats take their time and say have 6 long drives, you have even less possessions.
    If each side of the ball takes 5 minutes per drive that's 10 minutes a possession.
    60 minutes divided by 10 minutes = 6 possessions per game.
    Thus the O is forced to try and hurry to maintain possessions, knowing they won't have a lot of them.
    If the Pats had come out and run an immediate 6 minute drive like the jints did, they could have been the ones to control the clock, instead they allowed the jints to do so.
    If it were me, I'd never defer against the jints.  I think Coughlin would have a heart attack. (figuratively)  I'd come out and control the clock from the get go and never give them the opportunity to play keep-away.
    But that's just me. 
    The clock is not your friend when the D can't get off the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Well because what the D does is independent from what the O does.  They are going to give up the long drives regardless of how long the O has the ball.  If the O and D are having long drives you have a 6 possession game. ex:  the Pats O had 4 long drives in the SB but the D had long drives before and after each of the Pats long drives.  That resulted in an 8 possession game.  Pats 4 long drives, jints 8 long drives.  If the Pats take their time and say have 6 long drives, you have even less possessions. If each side of the ball takes 5 minutes per drive that's 10 minutes a possession. 60 minutes divided by 10 minutes = 6 possessions per game. Thus the O is forced to try and hurry to maintain possessions, knowing they won't have a lot of them. If the Pats had come out and run an immediate 6 minute drive like the jints did, they could have been the ones to control the clock, instead they allowed the jints to do so. If it were me, I'd never defer against the jints.  I think Coughlin would have a heart attack. (figuratively)  I'd come out and control the clock from the get go and never give them the opportunity to play keep-away. But that's just me.  The clock is not your friend when the D can't get off the field.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

What good is it to have more possession than the other team when you don't score? The point that I'm trying to make is, limiting the opponents possessions by having long drives will help your not so good D, because of them being less exposed. You need to mask your flaws to the best of your abilities, same goes for this pats team, their only flaw is their D, aside from suspect play-calling. Think of this team as having the Texas Rangers Offense and your starting pitcher is your 5th starter with a 6+ ERA and you're facing the Yankees. You as a manager go into that game thinking " Well, our offense needs to carry us today " and then your pitcher comes and gives up 4 runs in 8IP, you'd feel like he gave your team a good enough chance to come away with the win, but your Offense failed to score when they had the opportunity. They left a lot of men on base, made a few errors, and didn't come through in clutch situations. Does that sounds similar to what happened to the pats in the super bowl?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : What good is it to have more possession than the other team when you don't score? The point that I'm trying to make is, limiting the opponents possessions by having long drives will help your not so good D, because of them being less exposed. You need to mask your flaws to the best of your abilities, same goes for this pats team, their only flaw is their D, aside from suspect play-calling. Think of this team as having the Texas Rangers Offense and your starting pitcher is your 5th starter with a 6+ ERA and you're facing the Yankees. You as a manager go into that game thinking " Well, our offense needs to carry us today " and then your pitcher comes and gives up 4 runs in 8IP, you'd feel like he gave your team a good enough chance to come away with the win, but your Offense failed to score when they had the opportunity. They left a lot of men on base, made a few errors, and didn't come through in clutch situations. Does that sounds similar to what happened to the pats in the super bowl?
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

Not more possessions than the other guy but more possessions period.
    More possessions means more opportunities to score although there is no guarantee. The Pats were scoring at a clip of 2 TD's to the jints 1 so you can see where the extra 4 possessions would have helped.
    Since you brought up BB, the main difference is that it's not timed.  You can play for 14 hours if that's what it takes. The TOP doesn't matter, there is none.
    Each team gets 3 outs but in Football you can gain more outs by completing first downs. When you are allowed more 1st downs, it follows that you keep the ball for longer periods of time.  If you are keeping the ball for long periods every possession, it follows that the other side of the ball (the O) has less time to try to score. It is timed.
    Yes, it is ideal for the O to try and get the extra outs and keep the ball longer but that requires the D to minimize their time on the field.
    Remember the D TOP is the converse of the O TOP.  If the D uses up 38 minutes of time than the O has no choice but to work within the remaining 22.
    Yes, yes, yes, the ideal would be for the O to have the 38 minutes and the D 22. . but if you remember, in the 1st quarter of the game, the jints had the ball 12 minutes and the Pats had it 3.  The safety absolutely killed them there but so did the long drive to start the game.  Remember, most drives are 2 1/2  mins. long minutes, not 6.  The D played the equivalent of 2.5 possessions on one drive.(or close to it)  On their 2nd possession they played the equiv of 2 possessions and on and on.  Being in the hole that early made it extremely difficult to reverse it.  Grant it, only 3 points were scored but a whole quarter was basically gone before the Pats even touched the ball.  That's hard to overcome and almost impossible to reverse.  The D has to get off the field for them to even have a hope of that happening.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] At every turn,  it comes back to Brady really not doing his part.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't dimwad. It comes down to the D failing to stop at the endgame, just like they failed in October.

Up until the last desperation drive Brady put up a 100 despite numerous drops. That's doing your part wankoff.

In that November game Brady hit Gronk with 1:36 left to take a 3 point lead only to see the azzrag D not only get no stop to preserve the win but allow a TD for the loss.

It's the same old story over and over and over.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : No, no, no. We just went over this earlier: 1. Brady Safety 2. Brady Int 3. Welker drop All 3 add up to at least about 5 minutes of lost time for NE, which would put NY down to 33 or 34 minutes. That's not even counting if they would have wisely run BJGE a bit more after the 17-12 and 17-15 leads. The TOP argument is a weak one, especially considering how much the offense helped ruin it.

No, no, no. We just went over this earlier:

1. D fail in the endgame.

2. D fail in the endgame.

3. D fail in the endgame.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Take off your signed pink Brady underoos and you won't have to rehash anything.  Eli outplayed Brady.  Some of us are big boys and can admit that. 1 INT 0 INT 1 Safety 0 Safety taken Pretty simple stuff here.

Here's it put simple for a simpleton:

Before final drives Brady 100 PR - Eli 100 PR

So really they played even (despite Brady being without an effective Gronk).

It's only our mickey mouse D falling apart on Eli's final drive and that collapse forcing Brady into a desperate hail mary drive that seperated their bottom line numbers at all.

Yet again the facts sting you like a bitche.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Do you stand up and cheer when Brady throws one moronic INT over and over in games? I don't. I wonder why on earth he keeps doing it.

Sure don't cheer when he throws a pick. But then, unlike a clueless dufus such as you, I appreciate that he throws less of them than just about anybody else.

I did cheer 39 times this year when he threw a TD. And I cheered twice when he threw TDs in the SB.  But again, unlike yourself who doesn't have a clue, I realize that would be as good as throwing 32 in a season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : safety = worst superbowl performance ever
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

It would possibly be pertinent if Brady was primarily at fault on the safety.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : No, no, no. We just went over this earlier: 1. Brady Safety 2. Brady Int 3. Welker drop All 3 add up to at least about 5 minutes of lost time for NE, which would put NY down to 33 or 34 minutes. That's not even counting if they would have wisely run BJGE a bit more after the 17-12 and 17-15 leads. The TOP argument is a weak one, especially considering how much the offense helped ruin it.

Don't be mad bro.
    Ok, all the things you mentioned effected the Offensive TOP because they were offensive blunders, no doubt, however they had no bearing on the Defensive TOP other than giving the ball back to them which is naturally what happens when a drive ends.
    With the exception of the sucky safety, those other things were during significant drives that resulted in no score and yes, they blew opportunities to score on each.  Yes, a score on those would have won the game.
    However again, LOL. Teams blow opportunities, it happens to every single team. Rarely do you see a team score on more than 50% of their possessions, especially when playing a stout D that was capable of pressure with 4 and dropping 7.
    The one thing that's probably more rare than scoring on more than 50% of your possessions is a 8 possession game that further limits the O.
    In other words, it's easier to score 5 times with 12 possessions (you can bl@w 7) than it is to score 5 times with 8. (you can only bl@w 3).  The margin for error is much less.
    That is my issue (the defensive TOP) limiting the possessions and why I feel the D is more accountable for the loss.
    The O admittedly blew 3 possessions but due to the inability of the D to get off the field, they blew 4 more. 
    The D could have done several things to change that, ie pick, fumble recovery, sack, 3 & out, better field position, no stuupid penalties to prolong plays, but they didn't.  Sorry to say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloedancer65. Show Chloedancer65's posts

This is a stupid discussion, how does a guy who just restructured his contract so he can free up some cap money not want to WIN! Why does he pump and point when they score. Teams say he is unprofessional by doing that, really stupid! Shows up and works his a~~off and says he wants to play until they kick him out. To say his wife isn't into it is a point no one can make, I'm sure she backs him but I'm not in the know. He always looks like he's fired up to me, loves the game and respects his opponents. Brady is the best QB out there what else do you want him to do to prove it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Yes, yes, over and over - so often that he is top 5 NFL starting QB in lowest pick %.  

Today's Date: Wednesday May 16th, 2012.

Today's Subject: Playing more fundamentally balanced ball-control Offense & Complimentary Situational Football benefiting both sides of NE's Offense & Defense & FROM Both NE's O & D, and being equally accountable on Both sides in order to accomplish this task with the most beneficial results for the entire team to Win.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"It would possibly be pertinent if Brady was primarily at fault on the safety."

OMG, OMG!!!  New signature, new signature opportunity!!!  Who's got first dibbs?!?

Btw butchise- It behooves you not to respond with any sorta satire...  Those historically on your side & reasoning out their beliefs using 1 dimensional blindness from yesteryear or just Imagination-Land, aren't gonna sniff it out (shh-they're not too quick).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : safety = worst superbowl performance ever

Worse than no picks, no fumble recoveries, no 3 & outs and handing the other team a Td with 58 seconds left in the game?  Really?  LOL  LMFAO  OMG
    Stop it!  You're making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]" It would possibly be pertinent if Brady was primarily at fault on the safety ." OMG, OMG!!!  New signature, new signature opportunity!!!  Who's got first dibbs?!? Btw butchise - It behooves you not to respond with any sorta satire...  Those historically on your side & reasoning out their beliefs using 1 dimensional blindness from yesteryear or just Imagination-Land, aren't gonna sniff it out (shh-they're not too quick).
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

It was sniffed out passive-aggressive wack job. That's why he wasn't slammed and a straightforward comment was placed instead.

I'm fully aware he isn't a member of the Four Imbeciles, like yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]This is a stupid discussion, how does a guy who just restructured his contract so he can free up some cap money not want to WIN! Why does he pump and point when they score. Teams say he is unprofessional by doing that, really stupid! Shows up and works his a~~off and says he wants to play until they kick him out. To say his wife isn't into it is a point no one can make, I'm sure she backs him but I'm not in the know. He always looks like he's fired up to me, loves the game and respects his opponents. Brady is the best QB out there what else do you want him to do to prove it?
    Posted by Chloedancer65[/QUOTE]

Of course it's a stupid discussion. We have a little bevy of circus clowns pretending to have football knowledge here. They say stupid things like; having a 100 passer rating until the last desperate drive forced on them by an inept defense is having a "crappy" Super Bowl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Speechless. Did you ever play sports or football?  What is your definition of complementary football. In every team sport on planet earth, each component should ideally be work in a seamless chemistry when going on all cylinders. It's not independent at all. When Spikes picked Flacco, it gave our offense great field position and a chance to ice the game.  When Brady threw that moronic INT into triple coverage on 1st down, it put our hard working D right back on the field. Of course they're dependent. Jesus, dude.  Are you being paid by Babe Parilli and his band of morons to say this stuff?  What's your deal?

I'm talking about defensive TOP being the opposite of Offensive TOP
    You know;
    30/30
    27/33
    38/22
    One is the opposite of the other totalling 60 minutes.
    And yes, I played SS, 3rd base, and left wing.
    Ken Hodge was my favorite hockey player mostly because he wore # 8 as did Yaz, my favorite BB player.
    Been involved in horse racing for 30 years now.
    Never played anything but backyard FB but do know a little about sports.
    Also know that it's hard for a good O to win with a crappy D as it is also difficult for a good D to win with a crappy O despite being complimentary.
    That's in all team sports.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : Worse than no picks, no fumble recoveries, no 3 & outs and handing the other team a Td with 58 seconds left in the game?  Really?  LOL  LMFAO  OMG Stop it!  You're making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

Much worse! Any QB that can't get off a great pass to one of 3 receivers covered by 7 guys in 4 seconds while his 7 blockers try to handle 4 rushers but can't, is THE problem! (At least according to the villiage idiots he is.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady went to the HOUSE!!! : I'm talking about defensive TOP being the opposite of Offensive TOP You know; 30/30 27/33 38/22 One is the opposite of the other totalling 60 minutes. And yes, I played SS, 3rd base, and left wing. Ken Hodge was my favorite hockey player mostly because he wore # 8 as did Yaz, my favorite BB player. Been involved in horse racing for 30 years now. Never played anything but backyard FB but do know a little about sports. Also know that it's hard for a good O to win with a crappy D as it is also difficult for a good D to win with a crappy O despite being complimentary. That's in all team sports.

Poor Rusty. When facts annihilate him (as they always do) he resorts to asking if you ever played sports, calls you a pink hat or claims you're a troll. It's comical. And if that doesn't assuage his just brutalized ego he will question your sex life or continence.

Sections
Shortcuts