Tom Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Tom Brady

I freaking love this guy.  Did you watch this guy’s press conference?  And his competitiveness?  He kept his cool and defended his teammates like he has since 2001.  The receivers f*cked up over and over again but he still stuck with it.  His faith and competitiveness is literally SECOND-TO-NONE.  So many of these drops he put the ball where it needed to be and the receivers simply didn’t execute.  But guess what?  It’s Week 2.  This is Tom Brady.  If you guys look at this guy like I do, you will be CONFIDENT that he will turn this receiving corps around.  It’s WEEK 2.  Yes, the receivers SUCKED tonight.  How many drops were there tonight?  Too many to count.  But I love Brady’s demeanor.  He shows that he still has that fire.  He shows that he still wants to win at all costs.  He wants to get into rookies’ faces but he wants them to maintain confidence at the same time.  That is a tough balance to achieve.  But witnessing Tom over the past 12 years, I know he is going to make it work.  I will literally put an ante out right now:  if this guy does not throw for 3,500 yards, 25 TDs, and 10 int’s, and be in MVP consideration, I will do whatever the ‘bet-ter’ wants me to do. 

These wins, while they have been extremely ugly, have been gut-check wins.  Tom has been FORCED to play with the targets he has.  Are these targets awful?  N-O-.  They just simply are not on the same page right now.  That takes time.  These rookies are talented as sh*t.  But the NCAA and the NFL are two different animals.  The reads, the coverages, the audibles, and the blitz schemes are completely different.  These kids, 3 months removed from college, are expected to handle that completely right out of the gate?  Come on.  I guarantee you by week 7, these rookies will look like seasoned vets with Tom.  If you truly believe in Tom as much as you say you do, you know he has the best work ethic, bar-none, compared to the rest of the QBs in the league.  If you truly believe that, you best believe he will have these kids staying after practice working on routes, reads, adjustments, etc.   This group will be a seasoned group by seasons’ end; mark my damn words.  Tonight was ugly as ****.  Pathetic actually.  But that is the cost when you roll with younger guys working with a sophisticated offense and a master who demands perfect routes/adjustments when he calls audibles/blitzes/schemes/etc. 

Call me a homer.  Call me a rose-colored glasses looker.  Call me an optimist with no sense of reality.  I don’t give a f***.  I am telling you that the offense you watched tonight, will be a hell of a lot different by season’s end.

Oh, and by the way, rumor has it that Tom's FAVORITE target of ALL-TIME will be returning next week.  If not next week, he will be back by Week 4.  If we have him healthy, Vereen healthy, and Amendola healthy come playoff time, give me the Patriots' odds of winning it all.  Have some patience, as well as faith, my fellow Patriots fans.

GO PATS BABY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: Tom Brady

its brady. keep it cool and real.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I freaking love this guy.  Did you watch this guy’s press conference?  And his competitiveness?  He kept his cool and defended his teammates like he has since 2001.  The receivers f*cked up over and over again but he still stuck with it.  His faith and competitiveness is literally SECOND-TO-NONE.  So many of these drops he put the ball where it needed to be and the receivers simply didn’t execute.  But guess what?  It’s Week 2.  This is Tom Brady.  If you guys look at this guy like I do, you will be CONFIDENT that he will turn this receiving corps around.  It’s WEEK 2.  Yes, the receivers SUCKED tonight.  How many drops were there tonight?  Too many to count.  But I love Brady’s demeanor.  He shows that he still has that fire.  He shows that he still wants to win at all costs.  He wants to get into rookies’ faces but he wants them to maintain confidence at the same time.  That is a tough balance to achieve.  But witnessing Tom over the past 12 years, I know he is going to make it work.  I will literally put an ante out right now:  if this guy does not throw for 3,500 yards, 25 TDs, and 10 int’s, and be in MVP consideration, I will do whatever the ‘bet-ter’ wants me to do. 

These wins, while they have been extremely ugly, have been gut-check wins.  Tom has been FORCED to play with the targets he has.  Are these targets awful?  N-O-.  They just simply are not on the same page right now.  That takes time.  These rookies are talented as sh*t.  But the NCAA and the NFL are two different animals.  The reads, the coverages, the audibles, and the blitz schemes are completely different.  These kids, 3 months removed from college, are expected to handle that completely right out of the gate?  Come on.  I guarantee you by week 7, these rookies will look like seasoned vets with Tom.  If you truly believe in Tom as much as you say you do, you know he has the best work ethic, bar-none, compared to the rest of the QBs in the league.  If you truly believe that, you best believe he will have these kids staying after practice working on routes, reads, adjustments, etc.   This group will be a seasoned group by seasons’ end; mark my damn words.  Tonight was ugly as ****.  Pathetic actually.  But that is the cost when you roll with younger guys working with a sophisticated offense and a master who demands perfect routes/adjustments when he calls audibles/blitzes/schemes/etc. 

Call me a homer.  Call me a rose-colored glasses looker.  Call me an optimist with no sense of reality.  I don’t give a f***.  I am telling you that the offense you watched tonight, will be a hell of a lot different by season’s end.

Oh, and by the way, rumor has it that Tom's FAVORITE target of ALL-TIME will be returning next week.  If not next week, he will be back by Week 4.  If we have him healthy, Vereen healthy, and Amendola healthy come playoff time, give me the Patriots' odds of winning it all.  Have some patience, as well as faith, my fellow Patriots fans.

GO PATS BABY

+1000000

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

GO PATS BABY

love the post and agree with every word in it except that Tom's fav target ever was Wes. Lets be honest now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Refreshing.  Thank you Mr. IrishMob.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGronk87. Show TheGronk87's posts

Poor Brady, IF( that`s a big if) we have gronk and amendola healthy in the field we could have a good unit again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

GO PATS BABY

love the post and agree with every word in it except that Tom's fav target ever was Wes. Lets be honest now...

I definetely respect that.  Wes was THE f*cking man in NE and Brady's go-to-guy.  However, Wes NEVER changed games.  Gronk, does change games.  Once again, call me a homer, etc..... i don't give a shit.  But if Gronk is healthy in Super Bowl 46, we win.  If Gronk plays in last year's AFC Championship, it's a hell of a lot better result than what it actually was.

Sometimes it's quality over quantity.  And that's not to be cheesy.  When Gronk is healthy, he is nearly impossible to cover.  When he's healthy, give me Brady as the QB to take advantage of the mismatch coverages.  Gronk is Brady's "go-to-receiver-in-the-clutch."  I can almost hyperventilate thinking about the possibilites of Brady-2-"healthy"Gronk in the Postseason.  Ugh.  Please

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TheGronk87's comment:

Poor Brady, IF( that`s a big if) we have gronk and amendola healthy in the field we could have a good unit again.

That is the big if. I do not think this team is going very far with Edelman, Boyce, Dobson, Thompkins, Hooman and Sudfeld out there. They will need Amendola AND Gronk to make a deep run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

GO PATS BABY

I definetely respect that.  Wes was THE f*cking man in NE and Brady's go-to-guy.  However, Wes NEVER changed games.  Gronk, does change games.  Once again, call me a homer, etc..... i don't give a shit.  But if Gronk is healthy in Super Bowl 46, we win.  If Gronk plays in last year's AFC Championship, it's a hell of a lot better result than what it actually was.

Sometimes it's quality over quantity.  And that's not to be cheesy.  When Gronk is healthy, he is nearly impossible to cover.  When he's healthy, give me Brady as the QB to take advantage of the mismatch coverages.  Gronk is Brady's "go-to-receiver-in-the-clutch."  I can almost hyperventilate thinking about the possibilites of Brady-2-"healthy"Gronk in the Postseason.  Ugh.  Please

Wes never changed games? Remember that 2009 game against the Jets? Remember Super Bowl 42 when Randy Moss was pretty ineffective? You don't have the best offense the last three seasons without Wes Welker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to TheGronk87's comment:

That is the big if. I do not think this team is going very far with Edelman, Boyce, Dobson, Thompkins, Hooman and Sudfeld out there. They will need Amendola AND Gronk to make a deep run.

I agree.  However, it's Week 2.  Gronk is expected back within the next week or 2, Amendola is expected back between Week 4-Week 8 (please just be 100 percent healthy), and Vereen will be back in Week 11.  That's before the playoffs.  This team could make the playoffs without those guys the entire season.  Have them healthy by playoff time and this team will be GOLDEN.  Golden my brother.  Try to see the light. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I like you confidence. The fact is that Tom Brady has not gotten a sizeable contribution from a rookie WR since Branch in 2002.  Edelman is the only other rookie WR who really did anything in Tom's career. 

Brady maybe one of the top two or three QBs off all time, but developing WRs has not been what put him there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

GO PATS BABY

Wes never changed games? Remember that 2009 game against the Jets? Remember Super Bowl 42 when Randy Moss was pretty ineffective? You don't have the best offense the last three seasons without Wes Welker.

You're nitpicking dude.  Maybe I should have specified.  Wes does not change games the way Gronk does.  Do you want to argue that?  If we traded Gronk for Wes in both of those games, we win.  Or at least, our odds are a lot higher than they were with Wes instead of Gronk.  Maybe I need to repeat.  Wes was THE F*CKING MAN in NE.  I loved him.  He was Brady's go-to-guy and made a lot of great catches.  But guess what?  No clutch catches. That's all I care about.  It used to be the mantra of all other NE fans, especially in regard to Petyon.  Keep your regular season gaudy stats and give me results in January/February. (BTW, a $120 NE jersey went down the drain when Wes signed with Denver :()

But, since you want to make this a a battle with evidence, do you remember Wes in Super Bowl 46?  Do you remember Wes last year in the Ravens game?  Exactly.  He does NOT have the clutch gene.  Just like his new boy in Denver.  I am honestly not fearful AT ALL of Denver in the playoffs.  Those two choke artists against us in January in the AFC Championship would be like me being an insider trader knowing my firm is going down because of fraud without the public knowing it yet.  Easy money.  Peyton and Wes WILL NOT win the Super Bowl this year.  Mark my damn words.  I have faith in my boys.  I hope you do, soon, too.  Cheers my man.  No hard feelings.  Go Pats

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I like you confidence. The fact is that Tom Brady has not gotten a sizeable contribution from a rookie WR since Branch in 2002.  Edelman is the only other rookie WR who really did anything in Tom's career. 

Brady maybe one of the top two or three QBs off all time, but developing WRs has not been what put him there.

I'm well aware of that.  It's somewhat concerning but you also have to look at context.  He has never been FORCED to make it work with rookie receivers.  He has always had a few veteran receivers to lean back on when those young guns don't work.  I truly believe they will work it out.  It's going to be just another accomplishment attached to his belt. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

You forgot  David Givens.... But then I can also list a ton of castoffs from other teams that did better with Brady than any time in their career Sam Aiken, Jabar Gaffney, ect etc...

This myth that he didn't develop Wrs is pure BS... maybe if the GM drafted more top tier WR then the Pat wouldn't have always has to sign off the FA pile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

You forgot  David Givens.... But then I can also list a ton of castoffs from other teams that did better with Brady than any time in their career Sam Aiken, Jabar Gaffney, ect etc...

This myth that he didn't develop Wrs is pure BS... maybe if the GM drafted more top tier WR then the Pat wouldn't have always has to sign off the FA pile.

Givens didn't do anything his rookie year. I am talking about getting something out of these guys (three of the top five WRs are rookies) this year. Brady has always done better with guys who already understand the NFL game that I definitely agree with.

I do not think it is Brady's job to develop young QBs. It is the GMs job to get young QBs who can play in the NFL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Hope he's not trying to emulate my favorite, Marino. That can dissolve confidence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Givens didn't do anything his rookie year. I am talking about getting something out of these guys (three of the top five WRs are rookies) this year. Brady has always done better with guys who already understand the NFL game that I definitely agree with.

I do not think it is Brady's job to develop young QBs. It is the GMs job to get young QBs who can play in the NFL.

This is one of the most narrow posts I've ever read here... good thing we let Tom Brady, Ty Law, Bruschi and Richard Seymour stick around after making rookie mistakes, or should we have cut them loose?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Agree. It is a myth. He has helped develop many receivers over his career. And, to say brady develops receivers is pure nonsense. He isn't the GM, coach or receivers coach. His job is to put the ball precisely where it should go based on the coverage.if a WR runs a wrong route, that WR,is  not seeing the coverage the same as Brady. I trust Brady to know where it should go more,than anyone else. Let me see, he calls the play, sets the protection, changes the play, reads the coverage, finds the open man and delivers,it and now he also has to tell guys where,to line up, which route to run? Crazy. 

we have a bunch of athletic wr's. dumb it down (like we,did on the Dobson td) and let these guys use their athletic ability to make plays. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Dude, please. I was embarrassed to be a Pats fan last night with his on field antics. He was worse than a spoiled 8 year old.

What games do people watch?

I go by what I see. I don't care what he looks like in his fancy clothes and what he says after a game.

UGH.

Someone please find that old Brady. Please!

Ya, Bradys frustration with his newly formed, 15 drop, offense was embarrassing.

What did you think about all that face stubble?  Truly embarrassing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

IrishMob- good thread.  TB is the best. I like that he gets in receivers faces and breathes fire. Welcome to the NFL. He works harder than anyone. Talks the talk, walks the walk. It's only getting going to get tougher from here.

Fans are passionate as well. We invest a lot in this team. And everyone has an opnion. Lots of cringe worthy playson offense. Bills and Jets games have been ugly.  Gut check time for rookies and vets.  No one has more guts that Tom Brady.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

G.O.A.T.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Dude, please. I was embarrassed to be a Pats fan last night with his on field antics. He was worse than a spoiled 8 year old.

What games do people watch?

I go by what I see. I don't care what he looks like in his fancy clothes and what he says after a game.

UGH.

Someone please find that old Brady. Please!

I go by what I see as well.  Should Tom have been a little less obvious about his frustration?  Sure.  But what do you want him to do?  Coddle every receiver who dropped a pass and take him out for an ice cream?  This is the NFL.  The big boy stage.  The rookies have to get that, and I believe they will.

It is very early and I have confidence that Brady and the rookies will work out the early season miscues. 

Sections
Shortcuts