Tom Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Tom Brady

Is there a chance this guy may be playing his last season here? He will be 37 when the season starts and we just drafted a guy in the second round to be the "heir to the thrown". Think about this...after this season we will be talking about a 38 year old quarterback and a second round pick - who to get maximum value - will need to start sooner rather than later. You can also add in the fact that Brady - after next season - will most likely still have trade value (with the remainder of his contract being very reasonable).

I'm a huge Brady fan...I love the way he plays, his toughness, his accuracy, his field vision/smarts, but this thing is winding down...you can't play at the level he does forever in the NFL. It doesn't matter if Brady says he's going to play into his 40's, that doesn't mean he'll be playing into his 40's at a level that we are used to. Think about the guy who is running this ship for a second, do you honestly think he would hesitate for one second to trade a guy if it meant what's best for the team long term? Not a chance. If Garappolo shows what made them draft him so high...and Brady starts declining a bit this season, I could see this happening a little sooner than we all imagined.

This is the NFL...and this is team Belichick...it wouldn't shock me if this magic carpet ride ends sooner than we think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Tom Brady

Is his hair as good as Tom's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is his hair as good as Tom's?

[/QUOTE]

Lol, let me change that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I bet he plays in NE for 2 more years, 2014 & 2015.  History tells us that QBs don't do much after age 38.  Brady is amazing.  I don't want his ride to come to an end.  Father Time catches up to the best of 'em though.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Brady has a team friendly contract, but not from a trading perspective. We would eat a ton of dead money if we traded him.  Brady isn't going anywhere imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If Garappolo beats out Brady that would be a sad but good thing for the Patriots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

A team taking Tom would probably have to feel they could get two years out of him, and feel that is the only piece they need, then it goes to what system they, it would also help if manning played a couple more years.

Then there would be the compensation the Pats would get. 

manning took his offense and there was no compensation to the colts,

No I think he is staying til the end,
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Is there a chance this guy may be playing his last season here? He will be 37 when the season starts and we just drafted a guy in the second round to be the "heir to the thrown". Think about this...after this season we will be talking about a 38 year old quarterback and a second round pick - who to get maximum value - will need to start sooner rather than later. You can also add in the fact that Brady - after next season - will most likely still have trade value (with the remainder of his contract being very reasonable).

I'm a huge Brady fan...I love the way he plays, his toughness, his accuracy, his field vision/smarts, but this thing is winding down...you can't play at the level he does forever in the NFL. It doesn't matter if Brady says he's going to play into his 40's, that doesn't mean he'll be playing into his 40's at a level that we are used to. Think about the guy who is running this ship for a second, do you honestly think he would hesitate for one second to trade a guy if it meant what's best for the team long term? Not a chance. If Garappolo shows what made them draft him so high...and Brady starts declining a bit this season, I could see this happening a little sooner than we all imagined.

This is the NFL...and this is team Belichick...it wouldn't shock me if this magic carpet ride ends sooner than we think.

Look at Brady's performances in his recent playoff exits. He's been in decline for some time. 

What magic carpet ride? Since the Pats can no longer compete with the elite NFL teams, it's unlikely they'll win SB49. That would mark a complete decade without a Lombardi. Yes, Lions, Browns, and Jets fans would kill for that same decade, but when the bar is as high as it has been for the Pats, 10 years sans SBCs is pretty sad. 

...the King of the Rumba Beat... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Tom Brady if healthy will play out the final 3 years of his contract for the Pats. He is still one of the top 3 Qb's in the game and IMHO I did not see much of a drop off if any last year.

As a matter of fact he got better as the season wore on. I'm have watched 40 plus years of football and TB is one of the smartest QB's I have ever seen play the game. 

Enjoy these next 3 years because it will be a long, long time before you see a QB in a Patriot uniform who is as complete a QB as this guy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE

Think about the guy who is running this ship for a second, do you honestly think he would hesitate for one second to trade a guy if it meant what's best for the team long term? Not a chance. If Garappolo shows what made them draft him so high...and Brady starts declining a bit this season, I could see this happening a little sooner than we all imagined.  

[/QUOTE]

There's not a doubt in my mind that if (in a year or two) Belichick thinks Garoppolo is a better QB than Brady that the coach would make the change. It's a big IF because we don't even know if the new QB can play at this point. BB has always done what he thought was best for the team. It's why he's played UDFA's over his own draft picks at times during his tenure and cut ties with Milloy, Law, Seymour, etc. Some other coaches wouldn't have had the guts or enough belief in themselves to have done that.  

Financial impacts of the Pats parting ways with Brady in 2015 would result in a cap hit of 5 million but in 2016 the team would get a cap savings of 2 million.

I think 2015 may be a bit early for something to happen. 2016: Maybe? 

Garoppolo may not even turn out to be the guy. There may be another QB option next year or the following year. BB is a cold blooded mercenary when it comes to trying to improve his team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady if healthy will play out the final 3 years of his contract for the Pats. He is still one of the top 3 Qb's in the game and IMHO I did not see much of a drop off if any last year.

As a matter of fact he got better as the season wore on. I'm have watched 40 plus years of football and TB is one of the smartest QB's I have ever seen play the game. 

Enjoy these next 3 years because it will be a long, long time before you see a QB in a Patriot uniform who is as complete a QB as this guy. 

[/QUOTE]

agreed. healthy, hes going nowhere. if we win a sb or not, its on bb

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It would be best for Tom if he was moved. This mediocre Belichick train he has around him is going nowhere special. The most he has to look forward to here is two or 3 more AFCEast titles.

The 9ers are an intriguing prospect.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It would be best for Tom if he was moved. This mediocre Belichick train he has around him is going nowhere special. The most he has to look forward to here is two or 3 more AFCEast titles.

The 9ers are an intriguing prospect.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

i dotn see any way kraft allows that to happen unless she tanks for a long time.

bb is tied to him and he to bb.

bb is good enough coach and gm to be one of the best and to be in playoffs every year, but the best gm in the league would have put this team over the top a couple more times (from draft and free agent moves) since our last sb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I bet he plays in NE for 2 more years, 2014 & 2015.  History tells us that QBs don't do much after age 38.  Brady is amazing.  I don't want his ride to come to an end.  Father Time catches up to the best of 'em though.  

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I maybe can see two more years, but that's it. I can't picture Belichick having a 39 year old QB out there leading this team, it doesn't matter that Brady said he wants to play until he's in his 40's, those things don't happen often. When you're over 35 things start to happen to your tendons and joints, they're not as flexible as they once were...everything takes longer to heal...this guy gets hit by guys who are 300 pounds regularly and he has to wind that arm back 30-40 times a game to throw. Something is going to give.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a big if - I just don't think many at his age would be able to play until they're 40 healthy. That's my point, with them drafting this kid and with Brady's contract (and potential trade value), I could see this magic carpet ride coming to an end sooner than we realize. I was listening to the radio this week and they said Brady's yearly salaries for his current deal are bellow market, and two years from now they'll be very bellow market with the salary cap going up and up...and with QB salaries going through the roof. Brady will most likely want to get more and I don't think they will give more to a guy who will be close to 40. I think this thing will be over before that.

I've enjoyed this ride he's put this franchise on for over a decade, he has consistently been one of the best (if not the best) at his position that entire time, but Father Time catches up with everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I maybe can see two more years, but that's it. I can't picture Belichick having a 39 year old QB out there leading this team, it doesn't matter that Brady said he wants to play until he's in his 40's, those things don't happen often. When you're over 35 things start to happen to your tendons and joints, they're not as flexible as they once were...everything takes longer to heal...this guy gets hit by guys who are 300 pounds regularly and he has to wind that arm back 30-40 times a game to throw. Something is going to give.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BB had testiverde. He wS what 63?  At least 40 anyway. Now he's playing for the jests?  This drafting a QB came quick. I wonder if Brady does plan to retire soon?  I can't see Kraft letting Brady play for anyone else. 

The packers offered Farve $25,000,000 to not play. How much would Brady be worth not to play?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BB had testiverde. He wS what 63?  At least 40 anyway. Now he's playing for the jests?  This drafting a QB came quick. I wonder if Brady does plan to retire soon?  I can't see Kraft letting Brady play for anyone else. 

The packers offered Farve $25,000,000 to not play. How much would Brady be worth not to play?

[/QUOTE]

I did think of Vinny T. a bit..the problem is that Vinny seemed to be playing for Belichick because all the other QB's Belichick brought in didn't work out...Vinny was the backup plan. I'm thinking Jimmy Garappolo will most likely be the real deal because we drafted him so high, and passed on other players we could of used to take the kid. Plus we have been grooming Mallett for years...yet they went out and told the world that Garappolo is the better player by drafting him like that.

As far as Brady retiring early...he would of had to of had a change of heart, because he has always said he wanted to play into his 40's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a moronic and dramatic thread, almost posed to take pressure off of the guy who has disappeared as much as anyone in recent postseasons. If anyone needs to step up and make amends, it's Brady.

Brady's last year is not 2014, but Gomie's might be especially with the way Elway drunkenly built his team this year, going for broke with no regard for 2015 and beyond. Ironic.........Mt Hurl claimed Elway is a great GM. bawhaha

The fact is, Brady is under contract for 3 more seasons and bragged about playing until 45.  This means he is here for at least 3 more years and the club will see where he is after that. He has 3 years to get 1 clean AFC Title game and maybe a clean SB performance. It's been a decade.

If he continues to fade and the new kid looks pretty good, I have no issue squeezing Brady out and having him finally commit full time to the Kentuckry Derby, modeling, Carnival and trips to Costa Rica with Welkie.  

I am mortified that it has come to this with a Boston great. So many Boston greats never went this way. In fact, NONE of them did.  Only Brady went all LA on this fanbase and with each AFC Title game, it's been harder to watch unfold.

Where I grew up, no one liked people who were all about the LA image.

I have no idea what happened to Brady.  No idea, other than Giselle.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

^^^ This is your brain on drugs.  Any questions?  ^^^

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^^^^nancy reagan

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What a moronic and dramatic thread, almost posed to take pressure off of the guy who has disappeared as much as anyone in recent postseasons. If anyone needs to step up and make amends, it's Brady.

Brady's last year is not 2014, but Gomie's might be especially with the way Elway drunkenly built his team this year, going for broke with no regard for 2015 and beyond. Ironic.........Mt Hurl claimed Elway is a great GM. bawhaha

The fact is, Brady is under contract for 3 more seasons and bragged about playing until 45.  This means he is here for at least 3 more years and the club will see where he is after that. He has 3 years to get 1 clean AFC Title game and maybe a clean SB performance. It's been a decade.

If he continues to fade and the new kid looks pretty good, I have no issue squeezing Brady out and having him finally commit full time to the Kentuckry Derby, modeling, Carnival and trips to Costa Rica with Welkie.  

I am mortified that it has come to this with a Boston great. So many Boston greats never went this way. In fact, NONE of them did.  Only Brady went all LA on this fanbase and with each AFC Title game, it's been harder to watch unfold.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's obviously drugs...I'm thinking pain killers, but there may be more to it...heroin?? I hear it's cheap, that would make sense as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's obviously drugs...I'm thinking pain killers, but there may be more to it...heroin?? I hear it's cheap, that would make sense as well.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Psychosis can be triggered by the use of alcohol and illegal drugs, including stimulants such as methamphetamine (meth) and cocaine. Hallucinogenic drugs like LSD (acid) often cause users to see things that are not really there.   People who do not get enough sleep for long periods of time can experience symptoms of psychosis. Some prescription drugs like steroids and stimulants can cause symptoms of psychosis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't think he'd be building that Brookline house to be heading out to pasture somewheres else.  Relax.  Brady is going to retire as a Patriot after he has demonstrated a more dramatic dropoff in ability....  IMO... like when he's 40-41ish .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

^^^^nancy reagan

[object HTMLDivElement]

^^^ Nancy Spungen^^^

AKA "Nauseating Nancy"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All good points, but I am totally against trading Brady. Let him only play for one team and that team be the pats. Beside the declining skills, there is a huge bit of nostalgia and history here. Not every team picks, grooms a top 5 QB of all time. It is special. I think Kraft gets this. Legacy, its worth more to the brand than trading him for whatever. 2 years is enough for Tom to groom JG. Let it be.

Sections
Shortcuts