tom bradys future??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

tom bradys future??????

he has one year left on his contract and there has been one report of contract work and that was a while back. he says he is in cali because he wants to be with his family and that is understandable but is he holding out? I don't know if anyone else is thinking it but i think he is gone after the season. (not saying i don't want him there because i do want him there no matter the cost) call me crazy but i've been thinking if he leaves he will be with the 49ers. thats his childhood favorite team, his family is in california so he wouldn't have to put one a head(football and family) of the other, he would have young receivers, good run game, a line since the 49ers just drafted two offensive linemen in the draft, and a pretty good defense. anyone else agree this is a possibility no matter how much we don't want it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: tom bradys future??????

I am not worried at all.  Indy and Manning are in the same boat, it is all about the CBA, structure and the other QBs contract.  No worries at all.  TB will retire here as a Patriot with 5 rings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

yeah but the owner of the colts will dish the bucks out to manning and has already said he wants to make him the highets paid player and kraft is a cheap-o who probably wont meet tom bradys demands if he makes them

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: tom bradys future??????:
    yeah but the owner of the colts will dish the bucks out to manning and has already said he wants to make him the highets paid player and kraft is a cheap-o who probably wont meet tom bradys demands if he makes them
    Posted by patsfan1994

I am just taking a guess here, that u are young.  Kraft isnt cheap at all.  He is smart, there is a big difference.  When u learn that, u will understand.  The pats always spend, they just dont overspend.  Yes they dont make too many splash signings, but VW is an example of their wallet.  I have no worries at all.  It is a matter of time, not a matter of "if" Brady will get signed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Where does this idea that Kraft is cheap come from, and why does it keep coming up?  The Pats pay up to the salary cap, or a few million short to maintain flexibility.  Kraft spends as much as he can.  If you are tempted to write that Kraft is cheap, repeat to yourself, "There's a salary cap in the NFL.  Kraft spends as much as he can."  Then write something else. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

pf1994,  Tom Brady has enough money to play for who he wants.  At this point in his career he will play where he feels is best for him.  So to answer your question I would not be surprised if he leaves NE and goes west.

Maybe there's been no extension because he wants to play out his contract and leave. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

tcal, u are missing that TB has never been about the money.  That is why he isnt leaving.  He wants a legacy, not just the HOF, but to be the best ever.  I think he will earn that when he wins 2 more SBs in a Pats Uni. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

tcal, u are missing that TB has never been about the money.  That is why he isnt leaving.  He wants a legacy, not just the HOF, but to be the best ever.  I think he will earn that when he wins 2 more SBs in a Pats Uni. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I see it from the opposite angle MBm,  His legacy is already written and he has nothing else to prove.  Many like myself already consider him the best ever since what he has done has been during the free agent era.

I hope he stays but I'm just saying I won't be shocked if he leaves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Tom Brady
    Frank Gore
    Vernon Davis
    Michael Crabtree
    Ted Ginn Jr.
    Josh Morgan
    Delaine Walker
    Plus a good defense and special teams and a fairly deep offensive line and a head coach who knows how to coach. That team looks good and fitting. The Pats defense and offense looks like it's transitioning towards the next generation of core starters. Pat Chung, Meriweather, Mayo, Spikes, Wilfork, Cunningham, Crable, McKenzie, McCourty, Butler, Wilhite, Gronkowski, Ohrnberger, Hernandez, Edelman, Vollmer, ect. Of course I'd love Brady along for the ride.

Then again, if the Pats can resign Brady and somehow acquire DeAngelo Williams, (who's a free agent next year), then...

Tom Brady
    DeAngelo Williams
    Rob Gronkowski
    Randy Moss
    Wes Welker
    Brandon Tate
    Julian Edelman
    Aaron Hernandez

Plus a solid offensive line and a great bunch of defenders on defense. I like this look more than the 49ers one just because I must be bias but the 49ers projected team that I typed up looks very impressive too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Is this the last year for Randy Moss?  Will Wes Welker be Wes Welker?  Now that his son is a couple years older and becoming more dependant on his dad, I could see Tom wanting to be on the west coast.  I hope not, but family will always come first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Maybe he should just move his family from the worst state in the country to MA and stay with the Pats...boy I would hate Brady so much if he didn't play for the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Tom Brady Frank Gore Vernon Davis Michael Crabtree Ted Ginn Jr. Josh Morgan Delaine Walker Plus a good defense and special teams and a fairly deep offensive line and a head coach who knows how to coach. That team looks good and fitting. The Pats defense and offense looks like it's transitioning towards the next generation of core starters. Pat Chung, Meriweather, Mayo, Spikes, Wilfork, Cunningham, Crable, McKenzie, McCourty, Butler, Wilhite, Gronkowski, Ohrnberger, Hernandez, Edelman, Vollmer, ect. Of course I'd love Brady along for the ride. Then again, if the Pats can resign Brady and somehow acquire DeAngelo Williams, (who's a free agent next year), then... Tom Brady DeAngelo Williams Rob Gronkowski Randy Moss Wes Welker Brandon Tate Julian Edelman Aaron Hernandez Plus a solid offensive line and a great bunch of defenders on defense. I like this look more than the 49ers one just because I must be bias but the 49ers projected team that I typed up looks very impressive too.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick
    The Patriots won't allow Brady to walk and they especially won't let him go to the 49ers,Jerry Rice was our donation to 49er lore....Yes I know that Tom is a bay area boy,but Kraft isn't dumb enough to allow him to just walk,he might just Tag him until the collective bargaining agreement is in place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Kraft came right out and said "Tom Brady will be a part of this franchise for years to come"....
    Posted by FishTaco64

Every businessman has his price. This is the same guy who was moving the franchise to CT and changed his mind for a better deal. He's no dummy. What was he supposed to say publically? "No, we will eventually trade him"......

There will be a day when Brady will me placed on the market for a trade or released.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

This is a business, and it is all about what is best for the team's future. Can the team win the SB as constituded in the next 2 to 3 years with some minor adjustments? Or is the team getting old and on the decline? BB did not hesitate trading QB's in Clevland for the future

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Brady will stay in NE until he retires and retire a Patriot. 

I think the team as constituted today has a chance at going to the SB. The question is what is that chance? I think the Pats with Brady and as constituted today are still in the top 3rd of teams in the league. 

The team is definitely not getting old. We have a large number players with under 5 years in the NFL. I think the team is in somewhat of a rebuilding mode. 

I think there is a big difference between Kosar and Brady wouldn't you say? One a future hall of famer, with 3 SB's, and one that is not even close to that. Brady helped BB build his legacy. I got to think BB and Kraft know this and there is loyalty on both sides. With that said, if Brady played in NE for the next 5 years, and then he, BB and Kraft decided we needed new blood, or Tom was done with football, I'm sure the 3 would find a mutually beneficial way to go about it. I don't think Tom walks when he still has years left to be on the west coast and play for the 49's so he can be close to his family. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Kraft and BB shrewdly save the money for guys they know an contribute for more than a year, such as Wilfork and others.  They let players go that they believe are replaceable or who want more than the team thinks they are worth.  They are usually right because very few who leave have great careers after that. They even replaced Vinatieri with Gostkowski.  They have a very high payroll so to say they are cheap is incorrect. The Bruins are cheap and it hurt then.  See no Stanley Cup since Orr in 1972.
    I doubt Brady will leave.  He makes plenty of money and his wife makes more than him, so money is not an issue. He has a legacy here, and that is important to him.  He also has a familiarity with a system that makes him better.  He does not want to go to a different team and tarnish his image. The only players who leave after all these years are those (like Ray Bourque) who want to go to a team with a chance to get a ring. Brady has his 3 already.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'l tell you what, I would feel a lot better about this if it weren't for the huge house and land he is having built right now. You don't build something like that and only live in it a few months out of the year. His wife and kid and I'm sure future kids will be living there. It's tough to have a paradise and come 2000k miles across country and play football, it may not have much of an impact at first, but it'll get old on him real quick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by patsfan1994

That's a ridiculous accusation. What evidence to you have to support it?

Colts; $101 million payroll
    Vikes; $100 million
    Pats;   $98 million 

So the pats payroll is 3% less than thre colts and 2% less than the Vikes. I've never heard either of their owners accused of being a "cheap-o".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I think Brady would rather be like John Elway and finish his career with one team (leave a hero) than become a circus attraction like Joe Montana, Brent Favre, et al (look mom, there's Joe Montana playing for who???).  Brady is a Patriot and his best legacy will be to stay a Patriot, even if he never wins another SB.  He doesn't want to be the one who doesn't know when to quit.  Favre used to be a Packer, now he's just a journey man quarterback chasing a paycheck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Nobody has mentioned the Belichick factor.  I think Tom knows that he'll be put in a good position to win as long as Belichick is the coach.  I don't think he's just blowing smoke when he talks about how good of a coach Belichick is.

Bottom line is, none of us know what TB is thinking.  It's total conjecture to even assume he wants to play for SF or move to the West coast.

And for those of you who keep saying: "why doesn't he just move his family here"??  He's not married to the mother of his first son.  Why would Bridget Moynihan want to move from LA to Boston??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Krafts and BB have done their best to buy Tom Brady off.  The offensive line is above-average at pass blocking right now, with high-rated Steve Neal, Logan Mankins and upcomer Sebastian Vollmer.  The targets this coming year are beyond good. Moss is Moss, Edelman is good and growing, I've got Welker on the field in September, Hernandez wants to be Dallas Clark, Crumpler is a legitimate target until Gronk gets it going, wild cards Brandon Tate and Price are considerably better than the average NFL wild card.  The flip side is that for years BB has spent surprisingly little on either a running game (except the RBs have to block and catch passes) and on defense (Wheatley, for example).  A third of the 2007 draft and lots of the free agent money was sacrificed so that BB could go out and get Moss and Welker, proven products.  Finally, there's good friendly coaching here, and the rings are bigger.

At some point Brady's speed and skills will decline, and at that point the Redskins and Raiders will offer him double what Bob Kraft will offer.  I honestly don't know what TB will do.  He already has generational big money, Giselle has generational money too.  Better to stay behind a good line and prolong your career, but at what price?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

How about Zac Robinson as the future?

Give him two to three years and he could be a very good, reliable starter barring injury. I think Brady, though, can continue to be the best quarterback ever for the next seven or eight seasons. So.... Kraft re-sign him!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

At some point Brady's speed and skills will decline
    Posted by Paul_K

I don't think his skill will decline Paul, I think it grows each season. He is constantly picking up new things every season, no matter how slight they may be. And in terms of speed, I'm not worried about that haha. When the playoffs come around or when crunch time comes around late in the season, Brady will step up and be his best. He'll do what he has to do to give his team the best opportunity to win. His processing rates or general speed won't be a concern unless he suffers the same fate Chad Pennington did and Tom has to have surgery upon surgery to fix shoulder injuries that pile on top of each other over the next few seasons. But, you're right, at some point Brady's speed and skill's will decline, though it will not foreseeably be with the Pats. So why worry about it? As long as Brady is in New England, he will be good and he will help win games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplav. Show dplav's posts

does anyome know if the 49'ers are stockpiling any draftpicks? that should tall us something

Sections
Shortcuts