TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS

same analysis i do. bb will decide if he's worth a shot at having a shut down corner. hope he takes a good look. i think he might be the player who would improve the team most of who is available at 27 (if he makes it that far). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS

I get what you are saying, but I still believe it all starts with upfront pressure. Improve the front 7. If the pats got Jenkins, then drafted curry and say Reyes or another good DT/de, then I would be happy. In fact I would like to see the pats grab 2 and those 2 are curry and McClellin in addition to Reyes and possibly Jenkins. That is a tall order, so they would have to decide I think because they will all more or less be taken within 30 spots of one another. Here is how I would like to see the d look next year.... Reyes. Wilfork. Deaderick Curry. Mayo. Spikes. McClellin McCourty. Doweling Chung. Moore

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sorry....replace deaderick with Fanaene...that is a solid line

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

The pats pass-rush was not the problem last year, it was the DB'S who couldn't cover anyone. Don't get me wrong we do need more pass-rusher and more help on the DL but we really need DB'S that can cover and jenkins is one of the best at that, he's like glued on the receivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS:
    [QUOTE]I get what you are saying, but I still believe it all starts with upfront pressure. Improve the front 7. If the pats got Jenkins, then drafted curry and say Reyes or another good DT/de, then I would be happy. In fact I would like to see the pats grab 2 and those 2 are curry and McClellin in addition to Reyes and possibly Jenkins. That is a tall order, so they would have to decide I think because they will all more or less be taken within 30 spots of one another. Here is how I would like to see the d look next year.... Reyes. Wilfork. Deaderick Curry. Mayo. Spikes. McClellin McCourty. Doweling Chung. Moore
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

i hear ya. hoyer pick if traded and possibly welker if traded before the draft could give more ammo. im all in for trading up to these areas i liked the 4 you started with that included jenkins. where i sacrifice if i have to is one of the 2 of curry mclellin. 

ps i reverse moore adn mccourty above with devin at fs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The pats pass-rush was not the problem last year, it was the DB'S who couldn't cover anyone. Don't get me wrong we do need more pass-rusher and more help on the DL but we really need DB'S that can cover and jenkins is one of the best at that, he's like glued on the receivers.
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

exactly leanardo :)
    hope it happens

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]The pats pass-rush was not the problem last year, it was the DB'S who couldn't cover anyone. Don't get me wrong we do need more pass-rusher and more help on the DL but we really need DB'S that can cover and jenkins is one of the best at that, he's like glued on the receivers.

Agree cover was the problem last year, but where is the pass rush going to come from in 2012?  Carter is doubtful, Anderson gone.  Who's left?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS:
    [QUOTE]same analysis i do. bb will decide if he's worth a shot at having a shut down corner. hope he takes a good look. i think he might be the player who would improve the team most of who is available at 27 (if he makes it that far). 
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Jenkins is a silver dollar talent with a ten cent brain...potentially another Pacman Jones. But, he's also perhaps the most talented CB available in the upcoming draft: http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d827407d8/printable/troubled-but-talented-jenkins-looks-to-prove-hes-worth-the-risk

Despite the red flags, it's unlikely that he'll fall to the 27th spot. But, if he does, it's well publicized that BB has strong ties with the University of Florida. If anyone has inside knowledge on Jenkins, it's Bill.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS :      Jenkins is a silver dollar talent with a ten cent brain...potentially another Pacman Jones. But, he's also perhaps the most talented CB available in the upcoming draft: http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d827407d8/printable/troubled-but-talented-jenkins-looks-to-prove-hes-worth-the-risk      Despite the red flags, it's unlikely that he'll fall to the 27th spot. But, if he does, it's well publicized that BB has strong ties with the University of Florida. If anyone has inside knowledge on Jenkins, it's Bill.  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]
    not buying compassion to pacman. not a good dude. jenkins having a trace of pot and then traffic stop wiht friends who were "drivign while black", always good for a stop, where one had some pot in the car. one fight with a guy who stole some jewelry where a cop happened to be there. not a comparison. coach said he has a good attitude..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I get what you are saying, but I still believe it all starts with upfront pressure. Improve the front 7. If the pats got Jenkins, then drafted curry and say Reyes or another good DT/de, then I would be happy. In fact I would like to see the pats grab 2 and those 2 are curry and McClellin in addition to Reyes and possibly Jenkins. That is a tall order, so they would have to decide I think because they will all more or less be taken within 30 spots of one another. Here is how I would like to see the d look next year.... Reyes. Wilfork. Deaderick Curry. Mayo. Spikes. McClellin McCourty. Doweling Chung. Moore
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

i read good things about reyes, but i can't find videos him. it's only for this reason why i prefer that the pats take brandon thompson. i actually want them to take bt at 31.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS : .  not buying compassion to pacman. not a good dude. jenkins having a trace of pot and then traffic stop wiht friends who were "drivign while black", always good for a stop, where one had some pot in the car. one fight with a guy who stole some jewelry where a cop happened to be there. not a comparison. coach said he has a good attitude..

Granted he is a talent but i would do
    1 check out the Wunderlick (?) test
    2. check out the baby mommas  ( 4 with 3, approaching Cromartie status)  especially the one with 2 kids was she hot or just easy?

thus the correlation ..if these babes are 10s and he has a high Wunderlick
    then he will appreciate having cache and can afford contraception.

future draft picks  ( 2023) .. check out the sons!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS : i read good things about reyes, but i can't find videos him. it's only for this reason why i prefer that the pats take brandon thompson. i actually want them to take bt at 31.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Caveat emptor on Reyes. After seeing former UConn players Dan Orlavsky, Donald Brown, and Darius Butler perform in the pros, I'd stay away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Isn't Jenkins the guy with all the character issues?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Disagree.  What happened is some teams took out Carter or Anderson and we got no rush from any other spot on the line.   The DBs can't be expected to cover for long periods of time.

If we had another pass rusher from another spot on the line with some consistency, this doesn't allow teams to double a Carter or whatnot.  Wilfork would also be doubled at times. It depended on the quality of the Tackle up against Carter or Anderson.

They need one more guy who can be a threat other than just Carter/Anderson and Wilfork down the middle, obviously on 3rd downs.

Overall, NE has good cover guys who are there to make plays on the ball, they just need to not cover as long on certain routes. 

I am wondering if BB moves McCourty to the right side and puts Dowling on the left. You want glue on WRs, look no further than what Dowling was doing in man coverage in Miami or early in the SD game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If they get just as much from the pass rush as they got this year they will be fine if they improve in coverage, and I believe the two areas this draft has depth is DL and CB's with a couple SS's worth taking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't Jenkins the guy with all the character issues?
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Maybe so but he is a top 15 talent based on the film, the games he's played in, the competition he's played against, and throw in he had a really good combine to boot. His character flaws (4 children out of wed-lock, maryjane, the arrest for punching out some guy for attempting to steal his chain, etc) are the so called red flags. Listen I happen to know a certain RB, a former CB, and a few DLs under this teams regeme over the years that have comitted all of the above without the same spolight. Listen BB had LT on his d for all thoses years. Jenkins just has to be more discrete about his private life. He's definitely a hard worker and very very competitiive. That's what Pats need. #swagger 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS : Disagree.  What happened is some teams took out Carter or Anderson and we got no rush from any other spot on the line.   The DBs can't be expected to cover for long periods of time. If we had another pass rusher from another spot on the line with some consistency, this doesn't allow teams to double a Carter or whatnot.  Wilfork would also be doubled at times. It depended on the quality of the Tackle up against Carter or Anderson. They need one more guy who can be a threat other than just Carter/Anderson and Wilfork down the middle, obviously on 3rd downs. Overall, NE has good cover guys who are there to make plays on the ball, they just need to not cover as long on certain routes.  I am wondering if BB moves McCourty to the right side and puts Dowling on the left. You want glue on WRs, look no further than what Dowling was doing in man coverage in Miami or early in the SD game.

Totally Agree! It seems inconceivable that so many seem to be looking at the Pats secondary woe via tunnel vision IMO. By way of example, consider that we're talking about TB who has lots of time to find an open receiver. He becomes so dominating that one might incorrectly conclude that the defense he's facing is terrible. One might also question why TB has so much TIME to allow receivers to "uncover" and be open. TIME relates to the PRESSURE TB experiences relative to the QUALITY of the pass rush!  Passing EFFICIENCY relates inversely to QB pressure and need to rush passes.
    Conversely, what happens to TB when he's facing an opponent with a strong pass rush?  His efficiency drops considerable...as evidenced in the past two SBs.

I do recognize that the Pat's secondary was sub-par but that secondary vulnerability was magnified by our lack of a strong pass rush.  Had we been able to put more pressure on the opposing quarterback our secondary may have appeared to be improving because receivers may not have had time to seek out open zones.

I do not believe that all of our secondary problems would be corrected without also addressing the front 7. Janoris Jenkins typifies a risk/reward selection in its purest form.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS : .  not buying compassion to pacman. not a good dude. jenkins having a trace of pot and then traffic stop wiht friends who were "drivign while black", always good for a stop, where one had some pot in the car. one fight with a guy who stole some jewelry where a cop happened to be there. not a comparison. coach said he has a good attitude..

What about having four kids by three different women by age 21? That's truly Cromartarian/Kempish style irresponsible behavior: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/1998/weekly/980504/insidelook.html 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am having a hard time believing your main draft strategy is the get Jenkins. The sum of all the problems constitute a huge red flag and signal that the player has real issues with impulsivity and therefore, staying out of trouble. Why take on this problem when the team is not desperate? Why risk putting the team in crisis for the hope that we can "save" him?

Other reclamation projects BB took on were different. Moss and Cory Dillon had matured some and were ready to change. Still, there were some difficulties. I am not sure Jenkins is there yet with his "readiness" or maturity. Do you see any evidence of this?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Not a huge fan of Reyes.  From what I've seen of him he gets blown off the ball way too much in the run game.  Maybe it's something they can fix but I'm not a fan of UConn players in the NFL.

As far as Jenkins he's nowhere near Pacman Jones.  Pacman is one bad dude and has violence against women.  Jenkins problem is smoking too much weed.  From what I've been reading he's stayed out of trouble the last year.  I know BB will do his homework on this kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I am having a hard time believing your main draft strategy is the get Jenkins. The sum of all the problems constitute a huge red flag and signal that the player has real issues with impulsivity and therefore, staying out of trouble. Why take on this problem when the team is not desperate? Why risk putting the team in crisis for the hope that we can "save" him? Other reclamation projects BB took on were different. Moss and Cory Dillon had matured some and were ready to change. Still, there were some difficulties. I am not sure Jenkins is there yet with his "readiness" or maturity. Do you see any evidence of this?
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

yes. his coach. no issues this past year. (btw, yes he came from a specific subculture where fathering children either wasnt his responsibility or was valued).
    yes he is maturing. also bb aside from interviewing jj will speak with his lsu coach as well as bowden.

no, by far it isnt my whole draft strategy. if youve seen my mocks, i dont think you can honestly say that without misrepresenting me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Not a huge fan of Reyes.  From what I've seen of him he gets blown off the ball way too much in the run game.  Maybe it's something they can fix but I'm not a fan of UConn players in the NFL. As far as Jenkins he's nowhere near Pacman Jones.  Pacman is one bad dude and has violence against women.  Jenkins problem is smoking too much weed.  From what I've been reading he's stayed out of trouble the last year.  I know BB will do his homework on this kid.
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]

"From what I've been reading he's stayed out of trouble the last year.  I know BB will do his homework on this kid."
    Posted by PatsNut5480

were in the same boat.

i dont know that we know how much weed he smoked. he got arrested with a tiny amount once and was in a car with friends and they got pulled over "driving while black" and there was some pot in the car. so they all got arrested.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOM E CURRAN ON JANORIS JENKINS TO THE PATS : Disagree.  What happened is some teams took out Carter or Anderson and we got no rush from any other spot on the line.   The DBs can't be expected to cover for long periods of time. If we had another pass rusher from another spot on the line with some consistency, this doesn't allow teams to double a Carter or whatnot.  Wilfork would also be doubled at times. It depended on the quality of the Tackle up against Carter or Anderson. They need one more guy who can be a threat other than just Carter/Anderson and Wilfork down the middle, obviously on 3rd downs. Overall, NE has good cover guys who are there to make plays on the ball, they just need to not cover as long on certain routes.  I am wondering if BB moves McCourty to the right side and puts Dowling on the left. You want glue on WRs, look no further than what Dowling was doing in man coverage in Miami or early in the SD game.

Well the team had 40 sacks on the year, that isn't too bad considering that we really didn't have that "special pass-rusher" and if you saw the games where we got pressure on the opposing QB they were still able to complete the pass on a high rate , and the reason for that was because our DB'S couldnt cover anyone, for a short,intermidiate or long period of time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yet more proof that pot can get you in trouble at the NFL level, I present LeShoure:

Updating previous items, Lions RB Mikel Leshoure's March 12 arrest for marijuana possession is a felony charge.

The police term is "possession of marijuana/second offense" because Leshoure was arrested twice for the same misdeed. Police did acknowledge Leshoure stopped eating the weed after officers caught him in the act following a traffic stop. The Detroit Free Press points out that Leshoure may face a six-game suspension for multiple violations of NFL policy. After missing his entire rookie year, Leshoure needs to start worrying about his roster spot.

Now Leshoure might miss 6 games for a second possession charge. Pot is not a matter to brush off as inconsequential in the NFL. They do take it seriously and the consequences for not taking it seriously are large. Now Jenkins admitting to still battling a drug problem as recently as 1 yr ago, with 2 citations and 1 arrest for possession should give every team pause

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

More doubts are raised on Janoris Jenkins, who just fired his agent: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/326571-another-red-flag-for-speedy-jenkins?sct=nfl_bf1_a6&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

Be sure to read the comments accompanying the snip of an article. Some are  priceless...LOL!!!