Tom, THE CHOKER, Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Tom, THE CHOKER, Brady

Let's set the super bowl loss aside. The last two playoff loses by the patriots demonstrated TB's lack of nerve for the big stage. It wasn't always this way. The young brave Tom Brady of old was key to our playoff wins. Then came the dreadful knee injury and mentally, he has not been the same since! NE will not win any meaningful playoff game again with Tom Brady as the quarterback. I know the pundits will say I am a troll, etc. The fact is that he has choked very severely in two consecutive playoff games. The jets did not do anything special. BB is never too slow to take blame for a game but he instead cited execution failures. 
    Time to find another young fearless quarterback ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Tom, THE CHOKER, Brady

Theres always the Jets you can cheer for. Their QB doesn't choke I hear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss
    Patriots QB Tom Brady is named AP Offensive Player of the Year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No kidding: Tom Brady named top O player

February, 1, 2011    By Tim Graham (ESPN)

A drumroll was unnecessary.

As expected Tuesday night, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named Associated Press 2010 Offensive Player of the Year.

Brady produced one of the greatest quarterbacking seasons of his generation.

Brady had a dominant campaign despite a transitory cast. The Patriots traded Randy Moss after two games. Wes Welker was coming back from reconstructive knee surgery. Brady's tight ends were rookies. The running backs were undrafted players who'd been waived in the past. All-Pro guard Logan Mankins missed the first seven games. Right guard Stephen Neal missed the last nine games. Last year's right tackle, Nick Kaczur, missed the entire season.

Oh, and Brady played the final two months with a broken foot.

Yet he completed 66 percent of his throws for 3,900 yards and a league-best 36 touchdowns. He had an NFL-low four interceptions and broke a 19-year-old record for consecutive attempts without an interception. Brady's 111.0 passer rating ranks fifth all-time.

Such a prolific season made Tuesday night's announcement a formality. Earlier in the day tried to stimulate a little OPOY discussion by trying to determine who should be second.

Brady received 21 of the AP panel's 50 votes. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick was second with 11 votes followed by Houston Texans running back Arian Foster with seven, San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers with five and Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson two apiece.

The over on the national anthem is not the safest football bet you can make on Super Sunday. It's that Brady also will be named MVP. There was an interesting debate developing between Brady and Vick with a few weeks left in the season, but Vick sputtered in December while Brady finished the season with 14 wins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

one more to add to ignore

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

I wouldnt consider 14-5 record in the playoffs choking. But then again he hasnt won in a couple of playoff appearances so I suppose you are ready to call him a no good choke artist?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'm glad to see you saw Brady as the only player on the field versus the Jets, what about the other 21?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The Jets loss was a team loss as was the Baltimore game.   Choke is a strong word.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

ah yes, the voice of reason! a breath of fresh air if there ever was one...

The Pats performed poorly in games where they were behind. Jets, Ravens (which they won), Browns and Jets in playoffs.

If the offense could not score the defense was not able to carry the team as they could 2001-2005.

Combine with that the loss of Welker and a beat up defensive line v the Ravens and the Pats were one dimentional versus the Ravens and were quikly beind by 14 pts....

The Jets game was the change in game prep versus Jets actual game plan. Jets were better prepared defensively and Brady was looking for receivers to change their route based on what he say and the inexpereince of the TE's, Tate, Woody and BJGE out of the backfield ended up being the issue of adjusting their routes.

If you want him out then call BB and tell him to trade Brady to SF they need a new QB, Brady would be back in Cali and out of the AFC...

Otherwise, shut up and realize if it wasn't for Brady the team woudl nto ahve been in the playoffs the past two years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsforelife. Show patsforelife's posts

It would be nice if an experienced o-line coach could figure out how to block a blitzing scheme that has made a "pro-bowl" laden offensive line look like they were the rookies for the last 3 playoff losses.  Watch some film Dante and get it right "NEXT TIME"... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Kind of goofy to call Brady a "choker" - the guy has an incredible record.

That said, if the Pats don't win a playoff game next year it will be a DISASTER and probably usher in the end of BB.

I think Kraft should let BB know that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

In Response to Re: Tom, THE CHOKER, Brady:
      I wouldnt consider 14-5 record in the playoffs choking. But then again he hasnt won in a couple of playoff appearances so I suppose you are ready to call him a no good choke artist?
    Posted by Colosoxman

It is not that they lost. It is how Brady played when they lost. Records are nice. The quarterback never can win a football game alone but he can surely lose one and that is what Brady has done in the last two playoff games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Theres always the Jets you can cheer for. Their QB doesn't choke I hear.
    Posted by Philskiw1

I am not cheering for the jets, ever!
    but you are right about Sanchez. He came into Foxboro and unlike Brady, didn't lose the game!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

MikeReiss Mike Reiss Patriots QB Tom Brady is named AP Offensive Player of the Year.
    Posted by Rocky

Yaay. I am sure you can enjoy that until next September after another failure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rez-  Are you stuck on Egypt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

ah yes, the voice of reason! a breath of fresh air if there ever was one... The Pats performed poorly in games where they were behind. Jets, Ravens (which they won), Browns and Jets in playoffs. If the offense could not score the defense was not able to carry the team as they could 2001-2005. Combine with that the loss of Welker and a beat up defensive line v the Ravens and the Pats were one dimentional versus the Ravens and were quikly beind by 14 pts.... The Jets game was the change in game prep versus Jets actual game plan. Jets were better prepared defensively and Brady was looking for receivers to change their route based on what he say and the inexpereince of the TE's, Tate, Woody and BJGE out of the backfield ended up being the issue of adjusting their routes. If you want him out then call BB and tell him to trade Brady to SF they need a new QB, Brady would be back in Cali and out of the AFC... Otherwise, shut up and realize if it wasn't for Brady the team woudl nto ahve been in the playoffs the past two years.
    Posted by Patriots1970

You can shut your ugly mouth, MR. I didn't insult anyone before but I now have to. LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Kind of goofy to call Brady a "choker" - the guy has an incredible record. That said, if the Pats don't win a playoff game next year it will be a DISASTER and probably usher in the end of BB. I think Kraft should let BB know that.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Records are great but like Brady always says, they mean nothing if you can't finish and he has failed pretty miserably the last two times. I am curious what his stats where for the two losses. Do you remember the interception he threw in the Ravens game last year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Rez-  Are you stuck on Egypt?
    Posted by Rocky

Good One but wrong country :)
    Brady played with a broken foot like 31 other quarterbacks with injuries. I just found out I broke my foot a year ago and I have been running on it since. Then again, Brady can't run either. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

one more to add to ignore
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

You are right. I just hit the ignore button on you.
    Cheers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Hey what about this weather the United States is experiencing!  Global Warming at its finest!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Hey what about this weather the United States is experiencing!  Global Warming at its finest!
    Posted by Rocky

Global Warming was a terrible name. They have been calling it Climate Change. Actually, this is more like a normal 1990s winter

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

I'm glad to see you saw Brady as the only player on the field versus the Jets, what about the other 21?
    Posted by agcsbill

Well, Brady was the only one that managed to lose the game so I am calling him out!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

"Posts from rezadude are hidden"

Life is good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Tom, THE CHOKER, Brady:
    Let's set the super bowl loss aside. The last two playoff loses by the patriots demonstrated TB's lack of nerve for the big stage. It wasn't always this way. The young brave Tom Brady of old was key to our playoff wins. Then came the dreadful knee injury and mentally, he has not been the same since! NE will not win any meaningful playoff game again with Tom Brady as the quarterback. I know the pundits will say I am a troll, etc. The fact is that he has choked very severely in two consecutive playoff games. The jets did not do anything special. BB is never too slow to take blame for a game but he instead cited execution failures.  Time to find another young fearless quarterback ....
    Posted by rezadude

Hello and goodbye d--bag!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Posted by Rocky

What a r*tard. Are you a regular contributor to fix news. Glen Beck your hero? Why don't try to read something instead of listening to morons.

Geneva, 20 January 2011 (WMO) - The year 2010 ranked as the warmest year on record, together with 2005 and 1998, according to the World Meteorological Organization. Data received by the WMO show no statistically significant difference between global temperatures in 2010, 2005 and 1998.

In 2010, global average temperature was 0.53°C (0.95°F) above the 1961-90 mean. This value is 0.01°C (0.02°F) above the nominal temperature in 2005, and 0.02°C (0.05°F) above 1998. The difference between the three years is less than the margin of uncertainty (± 0.09°C or ± 0.16°F) in comparing the data.

These statistics are based on data sets maintained by the UK Meteorological Office Hadley Centre/Climatic Research Unit (HadCRU), the U.S. National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), and the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

Arctic sea-ice cover in December 2010 was the lowest on record, with an average monthly extent of 12 million square kilometres, 1.35 million square kilometres below the 1979-2000 average for December. This follows the third-lowest minimum ice extent recorded in September.

“The 2010 data confirm the Earth’s significant long-term warming trend,” said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud. “The ten warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.”

Over the ten years from 2001 to 2010, global temperatures have averaged 0.46°C (0.83°F)   above the 1961-1990 average, and are the highest ever recorded for a 10-year period since the beginning of instrumental climate records. Recent warming has been especially strong in Africa, parts of Asia, and parts of the Arctic, with many subregions registering temperatures 1.2 to 1.4°C (2.2 to 2.5°F) above the long-term average.

2010 was an exceptionally warm year over much of Africa and southern and western Asia, and in Greenland and Arctic Canada, with many parts of these regions having their hottest years on record.

Over land few parts of the world were significantly cooler than average in 2010, the most notable being parts of northern Europe and central and eastern Australia.  

December 2010 was exceptionally warm in eastern Canada and Greenland. It was abnormally cold through large parts of northern and western Europe, with monthly mean temperatures as much as 10°C below normal at some locations in Norway and Sweden. Many places in Scandinavia had their coldest December on record.  December in Central England was the coldest since 1890. Heavy snowfalls severely disrupted transport in many parts of Europe. It was also colder than average in large parts of the Russian Federation and in the eastern United States, where snow also severely disrupted transport.

Recent significant weather and climate events 

The year 2010 was characterized by a high number of extreme weather events, including the heatwave in Russia and the devastating monsoonal floods in Pakistan. These were described in WMO’s provisional statement on the status of the global climate issued December 2010 (http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/press_releases/pr_904_en.html)

There have been many major weather and climate events in late 2010 and early 2011. These include:

• In early January floods affected more than 800 000 people in Sri Lanka according to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. The Philippines were also severely affected by floods and mudslides during January.

• Flash floods in the mountain areas near the city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil in the second week of January resulted in more than 700 deaths, many of them in mudslides. This is one of the highest death tolls due to a single natural disaster in Brazilian history.

• Severe flooding occurred in eastern Australia in December and the first half of January, associated with the continuing strong La Niña event.  The most extensive damage was in the city of Brisbane, which had its second-highest flood of the last 100 years after that of January 1974. In financial terms it is expected to be the most costly natural disaster in Australia’s history. Previous strong La Niña events have also been associated with severe and widespread flooding in eastern Australia, notably in 1974 and 1955.

Sections
Shortcuts