Tom vs. Ben...Myths and Facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Patriots are the "team of the decade" (whatever that means). Their three SB wins in this decade cannot be matched. Coupled with the fact they beat Pittsburgh twice in the AFC Championship twice...they win. Again, I don't get into Teams of the Decades and Dynasties or whatever. Too much changes over the years. Just my opinion here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

[Quote]Myth # 1: Ben is better than Tom Brady

Fact # 1: Tom Brady is better than Ben R.

3 super bowls to 2 usually wins all bets.
    [/Quote]
    So you are going to argue that any QB that has won a SB is better than Dan Marino?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

OK. Who wants to trade Tom Brady for Big Ben? I would guess the Steelers and most of their fans. I doubt NE would consider such a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

[Quote]OK. Who wants to trade Tom Brady for Big Ben? I would guess the Steelers and most of their fans. I doubt NE would consider such a trade.[/Quote]

Hmm, that is interesting thought. Before Tom's knee injury, nobody with half-a brain would make that trade. Tom is, and always will be, a better "classic" drop back quarterback. He's better to have leading you, IMO, because he is predictable. Ben gets it done. Some way, some how, he gets it done. That can be a bit scary at times.

Due to their ages and the recent knee injury, it's worth considering. Ben hasn't been a picture of health, so while he's, what 6 years younger? - I don't see him playing 6 years longer then Tom. Maybe 3-4. He takes such a beating.

Your assessment about loyalties splitting who you would want is probably correct, but it transcends the numbers and comes to age and injury.