Tommy Kelly Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Tommy Kelly Signed

I know CC started a thread, but he is a troll so I don't want to have a discussion in his fail threads.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Tommy Kelly Signed

Reports are it is a 2 year deal.  I love this signing.  This guy was a beast and struggled a bit last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Reports are it is a 2 year deal.  I love this signing.  This guy was a beast and struggled a bit last year.

A beast?!   HAHAHA! Believe me he's no beast. Maybe 6 years ago. Been on decline since. Enjoy all the offside and personal fouls he brings.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

HUGE!  When he was cut in Oakland I was hoping BB would pick him up.  Put him next to Vince, draft a stud Dlineman in the first or second round (deep draft) and we are set at dline.

I think this makes it more likely we go after Hopkins in the first round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

A beast?!   HAHAHA! Believe me he's no beast. Maybe 6 years ago. Been on decline since. Enjoy all the offside and personal fouls he brings.

Notice the word was.  I know you're still a little bitter about Carson Palmer, but considering the 2 seasons before last he had a combined 15 sacks you are an idiot.  As for his struggles with penalties they are well documented, but I don't expect him to play 80+% of the snaps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He was great 2 years ago and really started to drop off last year. At 32 he might have something left in the tank but I'm wondering how much that is. Could be a good signing or another Fanene, Ellis, Haynesworth signing. I'm going to wait to see the numbers on this one. If it's for little money and little gauranteed then good signing but if it's anything more then say 1mil a year or a significant gauranteed not sure how I'd feel about it truthfully. I'm thinking of it as a G Warren type of move, but it certainly lowers the need of DT in the draft which I'm not sure I like. With the talent in the late 1st range at DT I hope this doesn't mean they won't look at DT in the draft and instead take less talented WR/CB early when you can get similar talent in those positions in the 2nd and 3rd

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I like the signing. I had spoken the past few days regarding a signing like this, be it Branch, Patterson...Pats need another interior DL to take the pressure off of the need to use the #1 on a DL. Frees up the #1 for a WR

Not surprised Pats went with the 32 year old player rather rthan the 28 year old or 29 year old player. Kelly clearly was the best player at one time, not so sure about today and tomorrow however.

Anyone see numbers? I have to assume it is vet minimum...low guarantee...most likely if he is not here after first year the dead money is minimal.

So there we have it. Interior DL is Vince, Kelly, Lovie, Deadrick, Pryor. Outside DL is Nink, Jones, Cunningham, Francis, Armstead. Maybe if they really love some one who drops into their laps they use the #1 on another DL, but I have to think this means they go WR with the #1.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This kills the Mallet for Phil Taylor thought. I'd still like Taylor on this team.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I know CC started a thread, but he is a troll so I don't want to have a discussion in his fail threads.

lol

Sweet!

Excellent move!

BB rolling!

Certainly blows away the Patterson signing, huh, RKrap?  LOL!

The timing of this is priceless and I haven't even seen the contract, but it has to be good. Kelly probably ran from the airport in Providence to meet with BB.

Perfect last 2 years of his career and plop him down next to Wilfork, maybe in a rotation with a stud rookie.

Keith Traylor Part II. He was doubled more so than Seymour in 2011 and especially in 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/08/patriots-agree-to-deal-with-tommy-kelly/

BB has done a lot of moves that I was looking for so far this offseason. Hopefully, he has a couple more to come.

BB waiting on cuts and pouncing on his terms for the betterment of the team.

I hope he can help too but these things in bold though.......lol

Sure, you arent a homer...

I am gonna set you up good one day to prove my point. If this thread had read Jets sign T.Kelly, Im sure your enthusiasm would be sarcastic.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bill Belichick laying in the weeds, priceless. Irrationals exposed, rkarp, prolate, babe, mthurl, sky net, the umbrella coorporatation, Cisco, sun Microsystems, on suicide watch...the warnings were out.

Told ya...Bill Belichick putting on a clinic post lockout..everyone take notes. Defense rebuilt with clinical precision...like splitting atoms (only better).

I just thought I'd do this for funzies - I like the signing.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

From Rapoport:

"#Raiders source on Tommy Kelly: Helluva player at limited reps especially if motivated. Played too many reps in Oak (& price will be better)"

"More #Raiders source on Kelly: Moves really well for a big man. Can still rush the passer, just needs to be disciplined within the system."

This jives with what I am hoping for with this guy.  Not too many snaps and hopefully being on a decent team might provide some motivation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I like the signing. I had spoken the past few days regarding a signing like this, be it Branch, Patterson...Pats need another interior DL to take the pressure off of the need to use the #1 on a DL. Frees up the #1 for a WR

Not surprised Pats went with the 32 year old player rather rthan the 28 year old or 29 year old player. Kelly clearly was the best player at one time, not so sure about today and tomorrow however.

Anyone see numbers? I have to assume it is vet minimum...low guarantee...most likely if he is not here after first year the dead money is minimal.

So there we have it. Interior DL is Vince, Kelly, Lovie, Deadrick, Pryor. Outside DL is Nink, Jones, Cunningham, Francis, Armstead. Maybe if they really love some one who drops into their laps they use the #1 on another DL, but I have to think this means they go WR with the #1.

Well they haven't drafted defensive tackle in awhile first round, so I wouldn't automatically rule it out, but they were also aggressive getting Armstead. I can certainly see your point in going wide receiver round one though. I've got to say I think there are probably four guys that can be had at the receiver position in the second round though and I'd still love them to add another first round pass rusher....we need it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like this move providing of course he has something left - put him out there with Armstead, Jones, perhaps Abraham, and Vince on passing downs and you have three huge guys that can get after a quarterback. Plus teams won't be able to run on a front like that either. Here's the problem though...Abraham is not here (and even if he was he may be too old), Kelly is considered to be on the downside of his career, and Armstead may not make the team. I think despite those concerns, it's still a prettier picture than what we have rolled out there the last 3 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Good signing, but the Pats still have a need at the edge. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

Sandy Row is a piggery.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hey I'm all in on this signing. I don't blame anyone for having an off year or two playing in a wasteland like Oakland. He's only 32 and with the way BB likes to cycle guys in and out on the D line during the game I think he will be just fine here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think this is an excellent signing of a guy who, when used properly, can be highly productive. Totally agree with Pension on this one.