2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Tommy Kelly Signed

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Bill Belichick laying in the weeds, priceless. Irrationals exposed, rkarp, prolate, babe, mthurl, sky net, the umbrella coorporatation, Cisco, sun Microsystems, on suicide watch...the warnings were out.

Told ya...Bill Belichick putting on a clinic post lockout..everyone take notes. Defense rebuilt with clinical precision...like splitting atoms (only better).

I just thought I'd do this for funzies - I like the signing.

Your insecurity is delicious.

C'mon,  that was funny

He does the same thing every time where he looks like a moron, though.  Mocking my phrases makes him look stupid. 

He's mocked BB here for about 3-4 years, so when it appears players BB looks for WANT to come here, he hates it.

He's a very strange person in general and supposed Pats fan.  Of course, he is a Home Ec teacher, so I'd be pissed if that was my career. 

Mocking in a passive aggressive way like that on a constant basis, backed by arrogance, really isn't healthy nor is it a good personality trait.

He's probably totally enraged I was talking about how Kelly was outperforming Seymour the last few years there, and suggested BB get on the phone immediately and call him to have him come help try to win a ring.

THAT is what is funny. lol

Oh rusty...where to begin? I have "mocked" BB player acquisitions? Well not really, but I could make a list a mile long of players brought in over the last four years that would get most GMs fired. Fact. Bill is such a good coach and has such a great QB that it doesn't matter nearly as much as it does elsewhere. As for Kelly - you dug up the origanal post on him (like the creeper you are) and if you have your mom read it to you you'll see what I wrote concerning Kelly. I usually give Bill the benefit of the doubt when he brings players in - I'm a fan, I root for them/hope they do well for us - but it's getting harder and harder to do. Last offseason was disasterous in the free agent market...the year before wasn't much better - in fact there is only one free agent remaining from the last two seasons...Steven Gegory (not good). So yeah. I'll give this group a chance, but I'm very very leary of a 34 year old safety...a receiver that has only done one thing well since being in the NFL (getting hurt) and a handful of middle of the road types...might work, might not.

I'll add this...mocking your phrases won't make me look bad...posting 500 times a day in any way, shape or form that resembles you, or your opinions will make me look stupid. It's what YOU do. Congrats!!

Hey, you still think we should of traded Brady after he threw that pick in the Cardinal's game? Still think Alex Smith is a better QB than Brady? Still think Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC? Still think Markell Carter is going to really be something? Still trying to figure out what round Cannon was drafted in? Still think Tebow got cut a month ago? Learn the game.

Hey, run a quick spell checky over this for me if you got time. And I need those tps reports on my desk by Friday.

This is like the same non funny post in your post Rolodex when you're out of bullets. None of the things above you claim I said were said. Simple. You change one word to make it seem like I said it, which is what trolls do.

You're a flat out troll, which is why you like trolls and trolls like you.  No one really likes you here.  You're a dork with an apron and a BB avatar with a Star Wars image on it. LOL

You also bake cupcakes for a living, which makes it HIGHlarious that you think you can bark out things like "I need those TPS reports on my desk".  The irony of that is just too thick.

Wake us when you get to a college and aren't a moron who flunked out while teaching kids how to measure flour and sugar correctly on a daily basis, on the taxpayer's dime.

bwahaha

What is it u do for a living again Queenie?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

So should we consider ourselves set at DT and maybe not draft anyone there with our 3 highly valubale and needed picks?

Wilfork

Kelly

Love

Deaderick

Armstead

Francis

seems like more than enough when we have Jones, Nink, Cunningham and Bequette at DE. Maybe add a guy who can play DE in a 3-4 and 4-3 and rush the passer over a 300+ lb DT type who will help more with the run. We have a few of them now.

I would say we are set. If you look at it, Wilfork is getting older and will eventually need to be replaced. Kelley might or might not make it through camp but if he does he's another aging vet who might be better used situationally then as a starter. Love, Deadrick, and Fracis are nice sub players but none really are starters. Armstead is the wild card but it's still a great unknown. All in all given this is a very strong DT draft and next year looks weak for DT's if they want to plan for Wilforks eventual departure and hedge there bets for who ever plays next to him they could get a project DT with high upside like a J. Williams, B. Willaims, of K Geathers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Field Yates         Field Yates @FieldYates 31s

Source: DT Tommy Kelly's 2-year deal with the Patriots is worth up to $5 million. http://es.pn/12JvB9p 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Source: DT Tommy Kelly's 2-year deal with the Patriots is worth up to $5 million. http://es.pn/12JvB9p 

Hopefully it's mostly non-guaranteed and performance based otherwise this could be another Ellis wasted $4.5mil. Kelley is a liability against the run and has an issue with penalties. If it's one thing BB can't stand it's penalties so there is a chance BB just dumps him in preseason if Kelley can't keep that under control. Hopefully it works out though but $5mil would suggest to me they aren't going to target Sanders and plan to go into the season with a rotation of Kelley, Deadrick, Love, Armstead

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Hopefully it's mostly non-guaranteed and performance based otherwise this could be another Ellis wasted $4.5mil. Kelley is a liability against the run and has an issue with penalties. If it's one thing BB can't stand it's penalties so there is a chance BB just dumps him in preseason if Kelley can't keep that under control. Hopefully it works out though but $5mil would suggest to me they aren't going to target Sanders and plan to go into the season with a rotation of Kelley, Deadrick, Love, Armstead

they probobaly can still go after sanders, but yea i agree that they will probobaly go in to the season with kelly, deaderick, love and armstead. this signing at the very least gives them the option of selecting a receiver with their first round pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

interesting breakdown JR though not sure I agree with the end thoughts from ESPNBoston. I actually see this contract as one where they aren't sure of his ability to remain on the team more so then his ability to play. The $1mil guaranteed is a small drop in the bucket in which if cut once camp starts would only count as $500K in dead money in 13' and 14'. This allows them to cut him without any worry at any point this year. Additionally the game active conditions are also an indication that they might not feel as if he will be active for every game. Overall It's a good contract for the Pats. If he takes plays off or doesn't perform as they think they can dump him with little dead money at any point but the incentives for him to perform are much higher as a 1/4 of his salary is based on him playing this year. To me it looks like a contract completely based on his performance from week to week and being able to remain on the team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

interesting breakdown JR though not sure I agree with the end thoughts from ESPNBoston. I actually see this contract as one where they aren't sure of his ability to remain on the team more so then his ability to play. The $1mil guaranteed is a small drop in the bucket in which if cut once camp starts would only count as $500K in dead money in 13' and 14'. This allows them to cut him without any worry at any point this year. Additionally the game active conditions are also an indication that they might not feel as if he will be active for every game. Overall It's a good contract for the Pats. If he takes plays off or doesn't perform as they think they can dump him with little dead money at any point but the incentives for him to perform are much higher as a 1/4 of his salary is based on him playing this year. To me it looks like a contract completely based on his performance from week to week and being able to remain on the team.

Yeah, I really like these type of contracts for vereran players.  If they want to get paid, then they have to perform well week in and week out, or they can cut them without much loss.  I bet that Kelly will play well and earn his money, and that is a great thing for him and the Pats.  Well done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I still think there is no way the Pats draft a WR in the 1st. Its never been their MO. Even if Kelly pans out, he is a stopgap so I still see the need for drafting a good lineman because I have never seen Armstead play and Im not impressed with Love, Francis, Deaderick. These jags look ok in reg. season vs the Miami's of the world, but once we played Bmore, Francis, Deaderick,etc were not heard from at all. It takes real talent to have success in the postseason and im sick of being reg. season wonders and postseason pretenders. I dont wanna sound negative, but Im hoping for more help for Vince. A young body would be Ideal and a 32 year old Big man could be injured in camp. Need insurance so we arent counting on another mid season pickup like Francis to work miracles.

If they Do like Armstead and Kelly enough, maybe they wait till 2nd to draft DT, but I dont see WR in the 1st. I think they still sign Emmanule Sanders and use that 3rd. trade out the 1st to get another 3rd. Use the 2nd for a DT, use the 2 3rds for a CB(Honey Badger) and S and use their late pics on O-lineman and a project/sleeper WR like a Brandon Marshall coming out of UCF. He was a late pic/project too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Here is a breakdown from Espnboston

The Patriots recently came to terms on a two-year deal with defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, and a league source indicates that the deal carries a maximum value of $5 million.

The full breakdown of the contract is listed below.

Overall terms: Two years, maximum value of $5 million ($1 million in guaranteed money)
    Signing bonus: $1 million

Base salary: $950,000
    Workout bonus: $50,000
    Roster bonus: $31,250 per game that Kelly is active (maximum value of $500,000)
    Cap charge: $2 million

Base salary: $1.95 million
    Workout bonus: $50,000
    Roster bonus: $31,250 per game that Kelly is active (maximum value of $500,000)
    Cap charge: $3 million

QUICK-HIT THOUGHTS: Though the deal includes just $1 million in guaranteed money, the maximum value of $5 million is a reflection that the team doesn't view Kelly as a player whose play has dramatically dropped off as he enters his 10th season in 2013. One of the factors that the team likely valued about Kelly is his consistency, as he played and started in every game for Oakland over the last five seasons. If he can stay healthy, his roster bonuses are achievable and would result in up to $1 million in additional money. The most recent salary cap space update indicated that the Patriots had roughly $10.2 million in leftover space, and Kelly's $2 million charge for 2013 leaves the team with additional room to work with.

Sounds like he will be cut after year 1.   lol - lets hope we get good production in year 1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I still think there is no way the Pats draft a WR in the 1st. Its never been their MO. Even if Kelly pans out, he is a stopgap so I still see the need for drafting a good lineman because I have never seen Armstead play and Im not impressed with Love, Francis, Deaderick. These jags look ok in reg. season vs the Miami's of the world, but once we played Bmore, Francis, Deaderick,etc were not heard from at all. It takes real talent to have success in the postseason and im sick of being reg. season wonders and postseason pretenders. I dont wanna sound negative, but Im hoping for more help for Vince. A young body would be Ideal and a 32 year old Big man could be injured in camp. Need insurance so we arent counting on another mid season pickup like Francis to work miracles.

If they Do like Armstead and Kelly enough, maybe they wait till 2nd to draft DT, but I dont see WR in the 1st. I think they still sign Emmanule Sanders and use that 3rd. trade out the 1st to get another 3rd. Use the 2nd for a DT, use the 2 3rds for a CB(Honey Badger) and S and use their late pics on O-lineman and a project/sleeper WR like a Brandon Marshall coming out of UCF. He was a late pic/project too.

i dont think they have to/will draft a receiver in round one....i just believe this signing gives them the flexibility to do so. they could very well sign sanders and use their picks on defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

isnt $950 the vets minimum? seems like a good contract for the Pats...year 1 vets min plus game incentives. Agree, if he doesnt work out, the dead money is very minimal...

while many have speculated on this post if Kelly still has something in the tank, the contract, if it is accurate, also states the Pats are not sure Kelly has something left in the tank, and are protecting themselves.

everyone who has attacked me and others as wondering what Kelly has left, it appears BB also is not sure and has structured the contract protecting the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This has me thinking. I know 2014 is going to be a weak DT class but I wonder about 2015. Kelley could be a place holder for either Armstead or Forston and see which one develops over the next year or two. His contract is setup that it gives them flexibility to have him as a 1 or two year place holder depending on how either develops, which makes sense to me. But, what it doesn't account for is Wilforks eventual replacement. Now if Kelley is a place holder for either Armstead or Forston then they most likely won't target a DT early instead maybe grabbing a K Geathers in the 3rd? and letting him develop over the next couple years. Or, they can bypass DT all together the next 2 years hoping Armstead or Forston develop and target a 2015 class. I know there are/were some pretty big DL blue chipers coming out of high school the last year and this year. 2015 or 2016 could shape up to be a similar year to this year with a larger number of top end talent coming out. If they double down on WR or CB in this draft and hit on a couple they could set themselves up to only focus on a eventually Brady replacement in a very strong QB class next year (ala Rogers with GB) and an interior OL but essentially having a very strong and young team without many holes. This could allow them to trade out of 2014 completely and stock pile picks in 2015 to move up for a top end DT to replace Wilfork in 3-4 years. Interesting dynamic right now and could result in some great manueving. Of course this is all based on the picks hitting this year and Kelley giving what he gave in 10' and 11' along with the young players developing, otherwise they could be hurting on the DL in a couple years

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I believe that this basically cuts the pats available cap space to almost nothing. Not saying this is a bad signing but the facts are they will need 7-8 mil for draft and carry over. Can anyone confirm that they are within a million or so of the cap based on this signing and the assumed draft/ CO needs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

isnt $950 the vets minimum? seems like a good contract for the Pats...year 1 vets min plus game incentives. Agree, if he doesnt work out, the dead money is very minimal...

while many have speculated on this post if Kelly still has something in the tank, the contract, if it is accurate, also states the Pats are not sure Kelly has something left in the tank, and are protecting themselves.

everyone who has attacked me and others as wondering what Kelly has left, it appears BB also is not sure and has structured the contract protecting the team.

well it's very similar to the Jones and Wilson type of deals. If they can stay healthy and perform in camp then it's a win for the team and they get cheaper options that can perform but they also set themselves up that if they don't perform they can cut them with little finacial burden. Good cap management, however, it's completely boom or bust as for player management. If these guys work out it's a temporary boom for a couple years if they bust then it doesn't hurt them cap wise but it does hurt them talent wise passing over younger or more stable options. It's the Pats MO compared to other teams. They are more willing to risk talent then finacial flexibility, which with Brady they have to ability to mask if they fail on player analysis. Unfortunately for fans we care more about talent then finacials so when we see an offseason like last year we get angry the made the finacial flexibility over talent. Sometimes it pays off in the short term(Carter, Waters, Anderson) and sometimes it doesn't (entire 12' FA signings).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Woz, are you hearing Armstead looking at as more a DE than DT?

I'm not hearing anything but at 6'5" 300 pounds and after watching his highlights from up north I'd say this kid is a 3/4 end.  I think Wilfork, Kelly and him could be nice 3 man front across the front with Love and Deaderick provided depth.  All three of those guys as starters can hold up against the run and will get after the QB.

19. This post has been removed.