Tommy Kelly Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Tommy Kelly Signed

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

A few minor league Canadian players, some old dudes and a couple of nobody’s don't = $15 million.  Where's the money going????

Just seem like more of the same old same old to me.

There she is!! The leader of the Nancy parade has spoken!  

Verdict:  BB is cheap and should have signed washed-up Osi for 10M.  

An all-around solid signing and yet you come in and spew your negativity, like always.  Unbelievable.

BB sux.

And he calls me a troll constantly. The irony.

Rusty agreeing with himself, All's we need now is true champ to chime in for the trifecta.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

From Rapoport:

"#Raiders source on Tommy Kelly: Helluva player at limited reps especially if motivated. Played too many reps in Oak (& price will be better)"

"More #Raiders source on Kelly: Moves really well for a big man. Can still rush the passer, just needs to be disciplined within the system."

This jives with what I am hoping for with this guy.  Not too many snaps and hopefully being on a decent team might provide some motivation.

finally getting to win is great motivation!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Does this remind you of the signing of Ted Washington?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I like this move providing of course he has something left - put him out there with Armstead, Jones, perhaps Abraham, and Vince on passing downs and you have three huge guys that can get after a quarterback. Plus teams won't be able to run on a front like that either. Here's the problem though...Abraham is not here (and even if he was he may be too old), Kelly is considered to be on the downside of his career, and Armstead may not make the team. I think despite those concerns, it's still a prettier picture than what we have rolled out there the last 3 years.

well hurl this the 6th year of bellichick's rebuild "on the fly" so u gotta hope it's gonna come together one of these years 

Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

A few minor league Canadian players, some old dudes and a couple of nobody’s don't = $15 million.  Where's the money going????

There she is!! The leader of the Nancy brigade has spoken!  

An all-around solid signing and yet you come in and spew your negativity, like always.  Unbelievable.

BB sux.

Here we go again.  The Rusty crew throwing their juvenile insults.  Good job.

Here we go again.  When somebody calls you out for being a doom and gloomer and tooting the BB sux horn, that person is automatically Rusty.  Good job.

OR

Here we go again.  The Doom and Gloom crew insulting every move BB makes.  Good job.

See?! I can play this game, too!  Mature, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I know CC started a thread, but he is a troll so I don't want to have a discussion in his fail threads.

lol

Sweet!

Excellent move!

BB rolling!

Certainly blows away the Patterson signing, huh, RKrap?  LOL!

The timing of this is priceless and I haven't even seen the contract, but it has to be good. Kelly probably ran from the airport in Providence to meet with BB.

Perfect last 2 years of his career and plop him down next to Wilfork, maybe in a rotation with a stud rookie.

Keith Traylor Part II. He was doubled more so than Seymour in 2011 and especially in 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/08/patriots-agree-to-deal-with-tommy-kelly/

BB has done a lot of moves that I was looking for so far this offseason. Hopefully, he has a couple more to come.

BB waiting on cuts and pouncing on his terms for the betterment of the team.

I hope he can help too but these things in bold though.......lol

Sure, you arent a homer...

I am gonna set you up good one day to prove my point. If this thread had read Jets sign T.Kelly, Im sure your enthusiasm would be sarcastic.

That's false because there was a Kelly thread on here about 10 days ago and many will vouch that I was saying he would be a great fit and I was happy Oakland cut him.

I'll find the thread and bump it.

Your trolling is pathetic, Shizzles. God forbid Pats fans get exicted over GREAT FA moves by BB.

I remember you said that. You said that you would rather see them sign Tommy Kelly than who ever it was we were talking about.

i like the move, it's just another piece as Belichick meticulously puts this years team together.

hi rusty

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

This kills the Mallet for Phil Taylor thought. I'd still like Taylor on this team.

But, it doesn't kill Mallett for a 2nd rder or dare I say it, maybe better (swap 6 for 29).

Tommy Kelly and Lotuleui in the draft at #6?

Oh my.

Now that would put me at ease and I think also perhaps PatsEng and Wozzy as well. Then a 2nd rd WR/DB of many good ones to fall. We're in business.

I enjoy you Rusty, I don't care what anyone else says about you .... lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Just seem like more of the same old, same old to me.

Just curious which of your categories above you put Amendola, Aquib Talib, and Sebastian Vollmer in?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good signing.  Probably provides rotational depth.  We'll have to see how he performs.  He's getting old, but he's also only one year older than Vince. 

Not quite sure I understand either the overly positive or overly negative reactions.  Let's see what the guy does once he's on the field . . . these are the kinds of guys who, if they work out, turn out to be nice complementary pieces and, if they don't work out, just get cut.  No harm, no foul.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

To me it feels closer to G Warren type of signing but yes semi similiar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

To me it feels closer to G Warren type of signing but yes semi similiar

Yeah, Warren is who I thought of too.  Partly the Oakland connection, of course, but mostly because he's a guy who was good all his career, who can likely be a good rotational player, and whose success really just depends on what he has left in the tank at his age. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

There she is!! The leader of the Nancy brigade has spoken!  

BB sux.

Here we go again.  The Rusty crew throwing their juvenile insults.  Good job.

Here we go again.  When somebody calls you out for being a doom and gloomer and tooting the BB sux horn, that person is automatically Rusty.  Good job.

OR

Here we go again.  The Doom and Gloom crew insulting every move BB makes.  Good job.

See?! I can play this game, too!  Mature, right?

Not sure how a person makes the leap between where's the money going and then throwing insults around like "she" "Nancy brigade" "Doom and Gloomer"?

The juvinial tone and childish insults are boring and so Rusty.  Try to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you on everything in life.  And talk to people like your talking to your mother.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Alot of moronic comments in this thread.

If rebuilding on the fly means having a legitimate chance to win a SB EVERY YEAR, then Im all for it. BB/Patriots has made some questionable moves etc.....but what organization hasn't?

For all the signings/drafts that didnt work out, how about all the ones that did? THe entire offensive line is solid. The QB/RB's/TE's are solid(Even with Gronk out to start the year). Special teams are solid, The LB corp is excellent. D line has a good foundation with Wilfork,Jones,Love. Even the Safety's and CB's are in good standing now, especially if Dennard doesn't do any real jailtime.

What does this team REALLY have for holes? We could use another quality CB, another D lineman, and a few solid outside WR's, thats about it. Can any other team claim this?

And please don't call the front office cheap. People seem to forget that there are actually alot of big contracts on players for this team. Just because the Patriots try not to overspend doesn't mean they are cheap. They just don't want to be stuck with any bad contracts and I don't blame them.

Time for the idiots to wake up here. Even with only 5 draft pics these few holes can be filled out nicely.

Also, does anyone know what the 2 year deal is worth for Kelly or details on it yet? And any news on Edelman or the WR from Pitts?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Just seem like more of the same old, same old to me.

Yeah LOL. I bet Brady is probably wondering the same thing. BB seems to get good mileage out of some of these blokes. I don't watch many Oakland games so I don't really know how much Kelly will contribute. I just thought with Brady re doing his contract and making it cap friendly for now that BB was going to make a splash and bring in a few big name signings this off season otherwise why get the QB with the best winning record of all time in playoffs to take a pay cut at this stage of his career. BB and the Pats approach really resembles the George Costanza approach to wedding invitations - straight to the cheapest option. It has worked in the fact that they have been up for so long so hard to argue with it. I still hope they can bring in Abraham and maybe Sanders and I like the look of them then

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

Alot of moronic comments in this thread.

If rebuilding on the fly means having a legitimate chance to win a SB EVERY YEAR, then Im all for it. BB/Patriots has made some questionable moves etc.....but what organization hasn't?

Time for the idiots to wake up here.

Also, does anyone know what the 2 year deal is worth or details on it yet? Any news on Edelman or the WR from Pitts?

I am hearing the numbers are going to be around 2/$1.8 plus incentives which will be based on snaps, not production.

Not a bad contract for the Pats, but looking further into Kelly you can see a lot of comments that he has had some dog in him the past couple of years. Rep of taking plays off. Maybe it was simply worn out by the Raiders? Worn down by the number of snaps played? I have to assume Kelly doesnt start here, and is looking at 20-40% of the snaps. Pats keep 4-5 interior DL amongst Vince, Lovie, Deadrick, Kelly, Pryor, Armstead (who I think ends up outside anyways)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think this is a decent signing for help on the line with Fork, but I dont get why people think that takes us out the running for drafting a DT. At age 32, he is not the future. I would think they still have to draft a DT to groom to be here to help and eventually replace Wilfork. Fork is getting up there too and the help he has going forward will determine how much his body wears down these next few years.

I just think if this is a player they are confidant can help, maybe you dont draft a DT until the 2nd, but you still need a lineman, wether it be a DE to groom for Ninks spot or a DT/DE tweener you can move around. Im not sold on Bequette developing into a rotation player. Maybe in his last year he breaks into the lineup, but Im guessing cut after next year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is a great signing, and it may very well limit the need to spend the #1 on a DT.  We can't forget the Armstead signing is like another low first high 2nd round pick already, both in cash and impact. I may have to switch my mock (even though I don't have one) to WR taken first...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Take a DT or a CB first. WR we can take with a second or even a third if the Sanders deal falls out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

This is a great signing, and it may very well limit the need to spend the #1 on a DT.  We can't forget the Armstead signing is like another low first high 2nd round pick already, both in cash and impact. I may have to switch my mock (even though I don't have one) to WR taken first...

Don't move Armstead up to quickly. He was a late 2nd - early 4th prospect before the heart condition at best. Still a good pickup and could be the grooming prospect tripleOG suggested but he's not a late 1st and certainly not in this draft class.

The one thing I will say about this draft class is the top 9-10 DT's in the class all have 1st to mid 2nd round grades but all might go before pick #59. After that there is a drop off in talent with a couple of good players mixed in (K Geathers, B Williams) but outside of that most the the players outside those top 9-10 guys are just solid rotational prospects. They can provide some impact situationally but not seeing a lot of starting caliber hidden gems in this draft. If they want a DT to groom they will have to take one earlier then later. But thankfully there are a ton of CB's and WR's in the draft in the 2nd-4th range so maybe they double dip at both CB and WR this year if they trade back that first. Then they target a DT early next year. It seems like we have a young solid core moving forward so next year I'm really just looking at OG, maybe C depending on Wendell, and hopefully just a DT. They should have their full lot of picks next year so they can use some to move up and get a guy they like. Next year isn't nearly going to be as good as this year but there are a couple of names to look out for. Bennie Logan LSU is a smaller DT with great explosion as an interior rusher, Louis Nix III ND is a solid run defender and gap holder with more size who has a chance to make some waves next year, and Ray Drew Georgia has a chance to really explode with both Jenkins and Geathers in this years draft. But, overall next year is going to be a very weak DT class

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Woz, are you hearing Armstead looking at as more a DE than DT?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

And to continue on about the Patriots being "cheap".......REALLY? How much cap room do they have left this year? a few million left over? At least the Patriots aren't doing mad cuts left and right like alot of teams do every year. Look at Baltimore for example. How many players did they cut due to "salary cap" issues.

I mean, whats the point of making all these big dollar signings, if you have to cut a ton of players just to make the #'s work every year. At least with the Patriots the players have a legitimate chance to actually play out their contracts if the players play up to the system's standards.......I see so many teams each year cut/dump players who were signed to big newsworthy deals that end up not even making half the money they were originally signed for. Would that make those teams CHEAP, or just stupid? Lets get real here.........

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts