Tomorrow is the Big Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Tomorrow is the Big Day

It was predictable that BB would trade out of the first round for more picks.  Now we have a bunch that we can use to trade back into the early second round.  There will still be high value in at-need positions with the 37/38th pick.  

What will it take to make that trade ??  and still retain 52 and 58 ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Tomorrow is the Big Day

I can't wait for tomorrow...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

It was predictable that BB would trade out of the first round for more picks.  Now we have a bunch that we can use to trade back into the early second round.  There will still be high value in at-need positions with the 37/38th pick.  

can't make that trade without giving up one of the 2nds and one of the 3rds

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree with this, we'll trade all our 7's to move back up into the 2nd and 3rd.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

So what are we looking at?

And in the 7th-

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wheaton and Moore. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I can't wait for tomorrow...

Just got back from working in NY woz, said I'd show up for the draft.

For what it's worth I was thinking take X Rhodes at 29 but obviously the Vikes snapped him up at 25. I might have been willing to move up a bit to get him. I think he will be a good one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Agree with this, we'll trade all our 7's to move back up into the 2nd and 3rd.  

All the 7ths together might move you up 2 spots. 7ths hold almost no value in trades. To move up you are looking at that 4th or one of the 3rds with one of those 2nds depending on how far you want to move up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

If they actually use their picks they could come away with a couple of decent players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Best Value for Round 2 picks?

I have listed in order of position need (IMO) and my player order of my preference:

DT -  J. Williams, Hawkins, Short, Jenkins

WR -  Hunter, T. Williams, Allen, Woods, Patton

CB -  Taylor, Banks, Poyer

DE -  Carradine, Moore, Okafor

SS - Cyprian

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

If they get the right guys the Patriots could come away with a couple of starters tomorrow . i didn't want them to trade out of the first round but given the strength of this years 2nd and 3rd rounds it was a great move by Belichick. This is one of the reasons why the Patriots are so good every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I was pumped to see Sylvester still there but of course the Ponies scooped him up at 28 so I was cool with trading down.  BB absolutely robbed the Vikes.  How ironic.  hehe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Note that their are probably 3 QBs, 1 RB, 1 OL, 1 LB that will go very early in the second round - that is 6 picks that the Pats have no real interest in (and there may be more of these) out of the 19 picks prior to their pick. So that leave 13 picks the Pats must navigate to get 'thier man'. A move of 3 or 4 spots would reduce the chance significantly that the player they want would be gone. And the cost for that would not be that high - shift their second 3rd rounder into early/mid 4th round for example.

With the way the draft unfolded I really liked the trade back. I think they double up on receivers sometime tomorrow, and get a DL, OL and CB from the middle of the draft as well. And I think the players they get should be solid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's 100% guaranteed that BB will draft someone today!  Hooray!!!! Can't wait.