Tony Carter is on the 53 man roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Tony Carter is on the 53 man roster

Never heard of him. The thinking is the Packers are going to throw so they added another DB for depth.

Patriots to promote CB Tony Carter from the practice squad

www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/aaron-rodgers.jpg" alt="Rodgers on pile" title="Rodgers on pile" width="224" height="253" align="left" />The biggest roster move of the day came when the Packers declared QB Aaron Rodgers out for tomorrow’s game. But it seems the Patriots have some roster moves of their own to make.

The team has promoted CB Tony Carter from the practice squad, adding depth on the defensive backfield against a team that will throw a ton. This was first reported by Josina Anderson of FOX 31 TV in Denver. Carter has been on the practice squad all season.

“Timing is everything,” he tweeted.

What is the corresponding roster move? A defensive lineman to Injured Reserve? The release of one of a trio of newly signed players?

We should know more at 4 pm. I also wonder what this indicates about the status of DB Devin McCourty (ribs)…

We’ll see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Re: Tony Carter is on the 53 man roster

This move could mean several things.

#1 McCourty just got a day off and someone from th DL is oing on IR. Brace, Pryor or Wright.

#2 The Pats aren't enamoured with Chevis Jackson's talents.

I'm going with #1 and I'm gonna guess it's Wright to the DL. I base my guess on pure speculation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^IR from a concussion that happened a month and a half a ago?  I think BB is resting Wright to close as to 100% as he is our X factor on the dline for sacks.  A lot of rest will becoming for certain players through this week and probably week 17.  

We need to win this week and hopefully clinch HF.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Carter is on the 53 man roster:
    [QUOTE]^^IR from a concussion that happened a month and a half a ago?  I think BB is resting Wright to close as to 100% as he is our X factor on the dline for sacks.  A lot of rest will becoming for certain players through this week and probably week 17.   We need to win this week and hopefully clinch HF.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    I said it was pure speculation. If you have another name feel free to throw it out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

6. Mike Reiss MikeReiss To make room for CB Tony Carter on 53-man roster, I'm told Patriots have waived CB Chevis Jackson.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Carter is on the 53 man roster:
    [QUOTE]MikeReiss    To make room for CB Tony Carter on 53-man roster, I'm told Patriots have waived CB Chevis Jackson.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    There you see, I had a 50/50 chance and I was wrong. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^I got ya man, but I thought Wright would have been the last out of your list to be put on IR.  Not trying to attack you, I just completely disagreed. 

Well I guess it is good news that you are wrong and that we can agree on.  That would have been a huge blow.

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts