Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

he doesn't like cussing, but sure likes fixing games

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/16/tony-dungy-disappointed-with-rex-ryans-profanity/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Does that mean he won't allow cussing in his homo-rehab camps either?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

What happened to all the posts? Is that sulphur and brimstone I smell?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I started this thread earlier and we got to about 50 posts. I guess the mods thought it was inappropriate. Either that or Underdogg finally hacked into the system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

That or Dungy has more influence than we think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan:
    [QUOTE]I started this thread earlier and we got to about 50 posts. I guess the mods thought it was inappropriate. Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

can't believe they'd do that? its fair game to talk about. dungy's holier-than-thou personality is old news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I thought so too but towards the end the thread starting talking about how Dungy was unaccepting of gays and how his son committed suicide because he was gay and Dungy wouldn't accept him.

Whack. Still, I actually side with Rex Ryan though. Dungy's a hypocrite for supporting Vick for dog-fighting and then chastising Ryan for...wait for it, swearing? That's ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I thought so too but towards the end the thread starting talking about how Dungy was unaccepting of gays and how his son committed suicide because he was gay and Dungy wouldn't accept him. Whack. Still, I actually side with Rex Ryan though. Dungy's a hypocrite for supporting Vick for dog-fighting and then chastising Ryan for...wait for it, swearing? That's ridiculous.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

in this post alone you proved he is a hypocrite. it's a sad day when you forsake you own flesh and blood.

personally the cussing wouldn't bother me, i was in the military and we cussed and were cussed at like there was no tomorrow.

can the players be coached without cussing, sure. A coach that does cuss alot and demean his players will have alot more respect for that coach and play their hearts out.

but i'm sure players don't like than holier-than-thou crap either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan : in this post alone you proved he is a hypocrite. it's a sad day when you forsake you own flesh and blood. personally the cussing wouldn't bother me, i was in the military and we cussed and were cussed at like there was no tomorrow. can the players be coached without cussing, sure. A coach that does cuss alot and demean his players will have alot more respect for that coach and play their hearts out. but i'm sure players don't like than holier-than-thou crap either.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

That's what one poster mentioned so I'm not sure if the story about his son is accurate. If true, then Dungy really shouldn't be critical of others.

The holy stuff depends I guess because people say nothing but nice things about Reggie White and he was very similar. Then again, he passed away (RIP) so I doubt anyone would want to criticize him publicly now (if he deserved any criticism).

I'm here for football, not for anyone's religious preferences. I think Dungy's own arrogance led to the Colts receiving the infamous 'soft' label.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]I thought so too but towards the end the thread starting talking about how Dungy was unaccepting of gays and how his son committed suicide because he was gay and Dungy wouldn't accept him. Whack. Still, I actually side with Rex Ryan though. Dungy's a hypocrite for supporting Vick for dog-fighting and then chastising Ryan for...wait for it, swearing? That's ridiculous.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Be fair.  He didn't support Vick for dogfighting.  He supported Vick for being a human, at a time he needed help.  I have no issue with dungy the man, dungy the coach i think lacked fire.  Dungy the post career celebrity needs to mind his own business a bit more.  Hard Knocks is on HBO, you have to pay to listen to that.  I don't care if Rex swears, or poops on the field, or whatever.  I'm not watching either way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan : Be fair.  He didn't support Vick for dogfighting.  He supported Vick for being a human, at a time he needed help.  I have no issue with dungy the man, dungy the coach i think lacked fire.  Dungy the post career celebrity needs to mind his own business a bit more.  Hard Knocks is on HBO, you have to pay to listen to that.  I don't care if Rex swears, or poops on the field, or whatever.  I'm not watching either way.
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

You're right about him not actually supporting dogfighting but another poster on my initial thread mentioned something about Dungy's religion not believing dogs to have souls; if that's true then maybe he wasn't against dogfighting. Secondly, to support Vick after dogfighting and then publicly blasting a coach for just swearing is still hypocritical. Either keep your mouth shut about it or be open-minded about it. I really hate to pull the famous race card but another poster in my initial thread also asked: what if Rex Ryan was an African American coach?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

Tony Dungee was probably the one whacked his kid in the first place and put him in the apartment. This man is a disgrace to his family and to his son! Anyone ever notice how that big eared galoot dung-gee looks like Obama? Could he be his real daddy?Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The bible grants us "dominion over the beasts of the field".

But that in no way gives us the right to exploit them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

First time I opened the thread.  I could really care less. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbptbob. Show nbptbob's posts

That Tony Dungy wouldn't hire him is the best thing I've heard said about Rex Ryan in some time.  Anyone on Dungy's sh**t list gets just a little more slack from me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]That Tony Dungy wouldn't hire him is the best thing I've heard said about Rex Ryan in some time.  Anyone on Dungy's sh**t list gets just a little more slack from me.
    Posted by nbptbob[/QUOTE]

Good point.  He wouldn't hire anyone who actually appeared to be ALIVE and to CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED ON THE FIELD.  Rex can be a poozer, for sure, but at least he's involved.  Jim "carved out of soap" Caldwell is just a 3d cardboard stander.  Lol about "sparkly ponies" wherever i saw that.  prance on, sparkly ponies!  my daughter used to have some, long hair you comb, big eyes and eyelashes.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan : Good point.  He wouldn't hire anyone who actually appeared to be ALIVE and to CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED ON THE FIELD.  Rex can be a poozer, for sure, but at least he's involved.  Jim "carved out of soap" Caldwell is just a 3d cardboard stander.  Lol about "sparkly ponies" wherever i saw that.  prance on, sparkly ponies!  my daughter used to have some, long hair you comb, big eyes and eyelashes.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Dave - sounds like you used to enjoy them as long as they didn't own you like the colts do the pats, eh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, by "own" you mean won like the last 2 or 3 games?  Is that "owning"?  I hope you have enjoyed it, its OVER.  Also, please show me the trophies you got for that "ownage"  We sure ran over your guys to get a few. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Just like a  religous freak, trying to run evreyones life. The self appointed spokes man for the NFL makes me sick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]First time I opened the thread.  I could really care less. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]
    It's " I couldn't really care less" .  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I would take Dungy over Ryan any day.  Ryan is a blow hard.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

NOT SO FAST, MY FRIEND. As defensive coach, I think I would take Ryan.  As a head coach, I don't like either, but if forced to take one or the other, I would take Ryan, because at least he is alive and trying.  Dungy to me was too passive to do his job well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe that people who excessively use profanity, very much seem to be (or at least "show")-the overall lack of class & moreso- great lack of learning & overall intelligence To express themselves & their emotions using nonprofane language.  THIS, and they're usually big-mouths who got nothin' to personally back it up...

I ALSO trully believe that IF there IS a Heaven, and I can't see the beautiful & innocent Animals (family pets...whatever), Which have given me so many pure forms of idk- "attachment/togetherness?", and so many feelings of simple happiness & compassion IN My Life thus far, that I honestly don't wanna go to some "Member's Only" Heaven (not to mention, that it seems a tad elitist & presumptious as is, To KNOW what or whom gets that ticket into Heaven, ehh?).

SO I ask my beautiful Bengal Cat (who's, for me at least, the final word on such mtters)-What SHE thinks here...  And She SAID:  "F' em BOTH, I wouldn't hire either one'a those 2 arrogant, pretensious, pr!ck SOB's- So tell'm, that I'll see BOTH'a those jrg-ov's in he!!."  
    Then she flicked her paw under her chin, which I took as a final say & salute (and that she wanted to get fed).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Ryan would be my choice also, but maybe Dungy would be better in a team with alot of egos that needed managing.  That is something he dealt with in Tampa, and the low key style sort of kept things together when the defense had to deal, year after year, with an inept offense that held them back.  Ryan wouldn't have done that, I think.  So, each in his place?  And one Belichick to rule them all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Heck no.  "Its better to burn out, then FADE AWAY".  And Ryan is less sanctimonious.  I would even bet he gets an apology out of Dungy, who WAY WAY WAY overstepped here.  

Sections
Shortcuts