Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

for cryin' out loud

a fumble on a sure scoring opportunity from the 5 yard line

an interception when the guy was blanketed

and he wasn't ready for the snap when he only had to get into field goal range

other than the punt team that gave up the block by surrendering both of the inside gaps to the Jets' punt block team, I don't think anyone was more at fault for the loss than Tony Romo

surprisingly, Sanchez looked good when he had time to pass and wasn't getting creamed (335 yards passing), but Romo choked.  Hard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

Give me a break. The guy threw for 350 yards and had a 100+ rating.  What do you expect him to do?  Romo is a very good QB who lit up a very good defensive backfield.  You can't expect him to be perfect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight:
    [QUOTE]Give me a break. The guy threw for 350 yards and had a 100+ rating.  What do you expect him to do?  Romo is a very good QB who lit up a very good defensive backfield.  You can't expect him to be perfect.
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

Perfect?  You're joking right?  He played good for 3 quarters then single handedly gave the Jest the game.  Pitiful! They should have won by 3 scores.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Give me a break. The guy threw for 350 yards and had a 100+ rating.  What do you expect him to do?  Romo is a very good QB who lit up a very good defensive backfield.  You can't expect him to be perfect.

looks great on the stat sheed

with 5 minutes left to play, he fumbles at the two yard line.  a touchdown would have won the game.  a field goal would have at least sent it into overtime and also put a lot more pressure on the jets' kicker who would have been kicking just to tie it instead of to win

then all he needed to do is make the jets drive more than 20 yards when sanchez is fumbling the ball a ton and the cowboys were getting all kinds of penetration and sacks, so he throws a pick and giftwraps a field goal

i don't call that winning the game.  in fact, i call that losing the game

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Here is an interesting comment from a fan on Dallas website..

"We need to trade Romo to the Redskins. That would prevent us from being swept by the Skins this year."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : looks great on the stat sheed with 5 minutes left to play, he fumbles at the two yard line.  a touchdown would have won the game.  a field goal would have at least sent it into overtime and also put a lot more pressure on the jets' kicker who would have been kicking just to tie it instead of to win then all he needed to do is make the jets drive more than 20 yards when sanchez is fumbling the ball a ton and the cowboys were getting all kinds of penetration and sacks, so he throws a pick and giftwraps a field goal i don't call that winning the game.  in fact, i call that losing the game
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

The guy put up some big numbers against what was a pretty good D last year.  Who was the last guy to throw 350 yards against that team?  The big play was the blocked punt which put Romo in a very tough spot HAVING to throw the ball.  If he doesn't have what was actually a very good game (minus a couple of bad plays) the Cowboys are not in it regardless.  Somehow you think it's different than if he had made those mistakes earlier in the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : The guy put up some big numbers against what was a pretty good D last year.  Who was the last guy to throw 350 yards against that team?  The big play was the blocked punt which put Romo in a very tough spot HAVING to throw the ball.  If he doesn't have what was actually a very good game (minus a couple of bad plays) the Cowboys are not in it regardless.  Somehow you think it's different than if he had made those mistakes earlier in the game?

he made the mistakes.  it cost them the game

as a QB, you can't turn the ball over twice in the span of three minutes

woo hooo.  he passed for 350 yards!!!  AND GAVE UP TEN POINTS OFF OF HIS TURNOVERS!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Would you prefer 200 yards and 1 TD with no fumble, no pick?  Romo's numbers were the reason they had the lead.  He played a good game, minus two plays.  It happens against good Ds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Would you prefer 200 yards and 1 TD with no fumble, no pick?  Romo's numbers were the reason they had the lead.  He played a good game, minus two plays.  It happens against good Ds.

he choked in the moment and turned the ball over twice

he took as much off of the table as he contributed.  two turnovers is inexcusable.  for you to think that his stat sheet exonerates him from turning the ball over is absurd

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

[QUOTE]Here is an interesting comment from a fan on Dallas website.. " We need to trade Romo to the Redskins. That would prevent us from being swept by the Skins this year. "
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Nothing will prevent that now that the Skins have unleashed Rex THE SEX CANNON Grossman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I have to agree with Nick, Romo choked. The overall stats look okay in the box score, but if you watched the game you know he made the worst mistakes in the most crucial moments.

Sanchez wasn't bad. I don't think he is the star, top-five QB Rex always makes him out to be and maybe he never will be, but he manages games and doesn't crumble under pressure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : he choked in the moment and turned the ball over twice he took as much off of the table as he contributed.  two turnovers is inexcusable.  for you to think that his stat sheet exonerates him from turning the ball over is absurd

So, will the same be true if Brady turns the ball over twice in a game this year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with Nick, Romo choked. The overall stats look okay in the box score, but if you watched the game you know he made the worst mistakes in the most crucial moments. Sanchez wasn't bad. I don't think he is the star, top-five QB Rex always makes him out to be and maybe he never will be, but he manages games and doesn't crumble under pressure.
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

This is completely disrespecting the other team and their part in it.  On both of those mistakes, the Jets played great D.  Sanchez had a decent game, he made some great throws- 1 fumble, one pick, but they were are different points, so he didn't choke? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : So, will the same be true if Brady turns the ball over twice in a game this year?

I can almost guarnatee you Brady's never fumbled in the final 5 minutes of a game, nor has he ever fumbled inside the opponent's 5-yard line.

You can take that to the bank

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : I can almost guarnatee you Brady's never fumbled in the final 5 minutes of a game, nor has he ever fumbled inside the opponent's 5-yard line. You can take that to the bank

Maybe, maybe not.  You said 2 turnovers means you choked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : Maybe, maybe not.  You said 2 turnovers means you choked.

wow

don't get it twisted.  I said two turnovers IN THE FINAL FIVE MINUTES said he choked.  I also said that TURNING IT OVER INSIDE THE FIVE YARD LINE said he choked

that he TURNED IT OVER INSIDE THE OPPONENTS' FIVE YARD LINE WITH FIVE MINUTES LEFT TO PLAY REALLY JUST SPEAKS VOLUMES TO HOW MUCH ROMO CHOKED

but keep telling yourself whatever it takes so you don't have to admit ROMO BLEW THE GAME

and the answer to the underlined section is "YES" - Brady doesn't fumble inside the five yard line and he doesn't turn it over TWICE WITH FIVE MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME

I have more important things to do than have you twist my airtight argument so you can try to convince yourself that Romo didn't choke.  I'm sure he's a great family member to you, or that the pictures he has of you are quite damning, but Romo turned it over twice in the final five minutes and once inside the five yard line.

I can virtually guarantee you that Brady has never fumbled inside the opponent's five yard line, nor has he ever turned the ball over TWICE in the final five minutes of a game

case closed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

All you want to do is accept EVERYTHING that Romo did in the game that was positive as he should have done that... like throwing 350 yards against the Jets D is commonplace.  Then you blame him for losing the game because he throws a pick nd fumbles against a D that wins a lot of games.  His production tonight was far ahead of his career numbers.  If Romo does his norm, they are not there at the end.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]All you want to do is accept EVERYTHING that Romo did in the game that was positive as he should have done that... like throwing 350 yards against the Jets D is commonplace.  Then you blame him for losing the game because he throws a pick nd fumbles against a D that wins a lot of games.  His production tonight was far ahead of his career numbers.  If Romo does his norm, they are not there at the end.

stats ≠ clutch

two turnovers in the final two minutes

letting a team down that depends on him to play 60 minutes, not 55

letting a team down that could have built itself to chew the clock and throw short passes if only it knew that he was going to choke at the end of games - if all turnovers are independent of when they take place (and they're not - two turnovers in the final five minuts is the definition of choking), then he let the team down by letting them think that he could be relied on to finish what you claim he started

he's a middling, mediocre QB putting up big numbers, then regularly blowing key plays in big moments

Brady was literally the exact opposite, a middling, mediocre QB with no deep ball who regularly came through in key moments

heck, even Trent Dilfer was a guy who was a middling, mediocre QB who could be counted on not to blow the game with TWO TURNOVERS IN THE FINAL FIVE MINUTES

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with Nick, Romo choked. The overall stats look okay in the box score, but if you watched the game you know he made the worst mistakes in the most crucial moments. Sanchez wasn't bad. I don't think he is the star, top-five QB Rex always makes him out to be and maybe he never will be, but he manages games and doesn't crumble under pressure.
    In 2008 the Pats managed the game around Matt Cassell like the Jets do with Sanchez. The difference is in '08 they missed the Playoffs with MC while MS has made it to AFC championship game twice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

So, let's take away Romo's fumble, give the Cowboys 3 points and take away Sanchez fumble and then what happens? Do the Jets score 3? 7? 0?  You know, there was that dropped pass early that I'm sure was a TD.  Then there was the near pick in the endzone that I'm sure was going the other way for 6...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : This is completely disrespecting the other team and their part in it.  On both of those mistakes, the Jets played great D.  Sanchez had a decent game, he made some great throws- 1 fumble, one pick, but they were are different points, so he didn't choke? 

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I think Revis himself would tell you that INT wasn't quite on the scale of his Vincent Jackson, off-the-foot pick. I mean, that had to be one of the easiest interceptions the guy has ever made.

And I didn't say Sanchez didn't make any mistakes. But no, I don't put him with Romo because the mistakes he made were not made in the 4th quarter, nor were they as ugly, honestly. Fumbling on a scramble is not as bad as fumbling a snap.

edit: My dad just reminded me Romo was trying to score it himself on the play at the 5. I stand by my 'choker' comment though. Two turnovers in crunch time = no bueno

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In 2008 the Pats managed the game around Matt Cassell like the Jets do with Sanchez. The difference is in '08 they missed the Playoffs with MC while MS has made it to AFC championship game twice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : stats ≠ clutch two turnovers in the final two minutes letting a team down that depends on him to play 60 minutes, not 55 letting a team down that could have built itself to chew the clock and throw short passes if only it knew that he was going to choke at the end of games - if all turnovers are independent of when they take place (and they're not - two turnovers in the final five minuts is the definition of choking), then he let the team down by letting them think that he could be relied on to finish what you claim he started he's a middling, mediocre QB putting up big numbers, then regularly blowing key plays in big moments Brady was literally the exact opposite, a middling, mediocre QB with no deep ball who regularly came through in key moments heck, even Trent Dilfer was a guy who was a middling, mediocre QB who could be counted on not to blow the game with TWO TURNOVERS IN THE FINAL FIVE MINUTES

So again I ask, would you have preffered 200 yards 1 td, no picks, no fumble?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : In 2008 the Pats managed the game around Matt Cassell like the Jets do with Sanchez. The difference is in '08 they missed the Playoffs with MC while MS has made it to AFC championship game twice.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but missing the playoffs with an 11-5 record is highly unusual. I still wish I could have seen how Cassell would have played if he had gotten in that year.