Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : So again I ask, would you have preffered 200 yards 1 td, no picks, no fumble?
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

yes

you can plan for low passing totals and no turnovers

you can't plan for random choke jobs.  you count on the stat-man to come through consistently, and if he doesn't it screws you over

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : So again I ask, would you have preffered 200 yards 1 td, no picks, no fumble?

Dude!  He gave the Jets 17 pts and denied his own team 7 with stoopid costly mistakes.  How many delay of game penalties?  Not ready for the snap with 8 seconds left. Fumbles?  Interceptions? W T F.
    I can tell you, I live in Dallas and the people here are ripping him a new one.
    No one agrees with you.  Not the sports guys nor the fans

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

What are you not comprehending?  If a QB's stat line is such that he throws for 200 yards, 1 TD and the end result is a W, you take that every damn week.  If you haven't been convinced by the arguments up until this point there is probably no hope for you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]So, let's take away Romo's fumble, give the Cowboys 3 points and take away Sanchez fumble and then what happens? Do the Jets score 3? 7? 0?  You know, there was that dropped pass early that I'm sure was a TD.  Then there was the near pick in the endzone that I'm sure was going the other way for 6...
      He choked. This is a common theme with Romo. When the pressure is on, Romo has a knack for making bone headed plays. Hence the word CHOKE! What does it matter if you pass for 500 yds, if you give it away at the end?! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

even though last season is over and done with, the Jets team won several games just like last year. 

The Jets deserve some credit for just hanging in there and not quiting. This is the same team that beat our beloved Patriots 2 out of 3 games last year; including a playoff game.

Mebbe the Jets are better than some homers want to admit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Romo's like this. Good QB prone to bonehead mistakes.  That's why no one puts him in the elite class, even though his stats are often good. He can get you big leads, but he's prone to screwing things up at inopportune moments. 

The Jets deserve credit, however, for putting the pressure on Romo at the right times and coming up with big defensive plays when they needed to.  And let's not forget that for all the passing yards, Dallas wasn't scoring all that much.  24 points isn't exactly lighting it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Cowboys were  up by 14 with 12 minutes to play.

ROMO fumbled on the goalline when it would have iced it.

The TEAM had a punt blocked.

Now a tie game, less than a minute, at the Cowboys 41, and first play, ROMO throws a gift INT in Jet FG territory.

Only a true, blinder wearing, Romo loving apoolgist could possibly ignore those 2 back breaking miscues, and focus on his stats...

Prolate, where's your tagline! It's SO APPROPRIATE HERE!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Romo has been in the league a while he should know better. The Delay of Games, The snap... Those are rookie mistakes. Why did he even have the ball @ 5 yrd line? Once Dez was ineffective he kept trying to force the ball to him. If thats not choking then its not knowing your job. You wouldnt tolerate it at your work place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

On a positive note...

We can see what 2 physical WR's and an athletic QB can do to that Jets D. Not saying we have Bryant or Austin on our roster, or I want Romo, but this is the kind of kids at WR we should be drafting. Big, physical receivers that can out muscle, jump, quick Revis and Cromartie. We should be thinking this early next draft.

Also, what i liked about the Cowboys game is their success in the screen game. They used it to effectively at times to keep that Jets D somewhat honest.

In the end, the Cowboys made some pitiful mistakes when the game mattered, and the Jets capitalized/helpt to create them. I would like to see what the Cowboys front 7 could have done with a respectable CB/Safety corps as theirs is pitiful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Give me a break. The guy threw for 350 yards and had a 100+ rating.  What do you expect him to do?  Romo is a very good QB who lit up a very good defensive backfield.  You can't expect him to be perfect.

Which is more important when it comes to winning? Stats or NOT having dumb turnovers. Romo is the biggest choker starting QB in the NFL

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

I'll give Romo one small thing. The plays called down on the goal line were pathetic. If they don't trust their current back to get the ball in from 1st and goal on the 3 then they should have kept Barber

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry Haver, but I think everyone would prefer a QB throwing 200yrds and 1 TD over 350yrds if it wins them the game. This isn't fantasy football where stats matter it's about which QB can win the game and which couldn't.

The turnovers cost the Cowboys the game plain and simple. You can't give a 17 point swing on turnovers in the last 5mins of a game when you were up by 14 going into the 4th. If you do I don't care if you threw for 500yrds and 4 TD's you choked and cost the team the win. I said the same thing when Brady did it in Miami a number of years back. The difference is Brady does it maybe once over 3-4 years while Romo does it a couple of times a season.

Heck I think the Boys would of rather had McCown with his relatively mundane numbers then Romo this past Sunday because at least McCown doesn't choke away the game

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Apparently, Romo is unaware of the new rule of using a play clock.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Best team in NY is the Buffalo Bills!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently, Romo is unaware of the new rule of using a play clock.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

I'm going to copy and paste from your post......Romo is unaware....Period

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE] Best team in NY is the Buffalo Bills!
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

No doubt about that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm surprised Snachez doesn't have broken ribs as hard as he was slammed on the ground. He gets a tough point from me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Romo has already displayed a season's full of chocking sukataciousness after the first game....and THIS cannot be blamed on a famous fat girlfriend...he did this all by hisself...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : Poor Bralon. Indy laid down in 2009. NY was really an 8-8 team where Sanchez hid behind a #1 rushing attack. That's a pretty bad record with a good D. Slight improvement into 2010. Jets fans will continue to defend Sanchez, but all they are doing is kidding themselves.   No way you can sit there as a knowledgeable fan and feel good about Sanchez, he, himself, leading you to wins as a QB against elite teams. Dallas had a B Squad secondary and it should have been a feast for Sanchez.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You are pathetic.  do you even believe the garbage you post?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Haver, but I think everyone would prefer a QB throwing 200yrds and 1 TD over 350yrds if it wins them the game. This isn't fantasy football where stats matter it's about which QB can win the game and which couldn't. The turnovers cost the Cowboys the game plain and simple. You can't give a 17 point swing on turnovers in the last 5mins of a game when you were up by 14 going into the 4th. If you do I don't care if you threw for 500yrds and 4 TD's you choked and cost the team the win. I said the same thing when Brady did it in Miami a number of years back. The difference is Brady does it maybe once over 3-4 years while Romo does it a couple of times a season. Heck I think the Boys would of rather had McCown with his relatively mundane numbers then Romo this past Sunday because at least McCown doesn't choke away the game
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

And there's the point. If Romo does not throw for 350 yards and 2 TDs the Cowboys are not in that game for Romo to blow it.  Romo had a 100+ rating.  If he had no pick and scores a TD instead of fumbling, he has a 120 +.  Who does that against Revis and Co?  Why do you think it's ok to say that you can take away this play or that play, but not the interception turned TD with Cromartie and Bryant?  Romo did extraordinarily well against a lot of pressure and a lot of very good coverage. I really doubt any other QBs put up 350 yards against the Jets pass D.  You can't accept every positive thing the guy did in the game as a given and then blame him for some mistakes.  He made 1/2 dozen key throws in that game that were the reason why they had 24 points on the board.