Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight

How many big plays has the Jets ST coach put in place over the years?  The guy has been about the best ST coach for as long as I remember.  I hated him when he was with Miami and I hated him again in last years playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : And there's the point. If Romo does not throw for 350 yards and 2 TDs the Cowboys are not in that game for Romo to blow it.  Romo had a 100+ rating.  If he had no pick and scores a TD instead of fumbling, he has a 120 +.  Who does that against Revis and Co?  Why do you think it's ok to say that you can take away this play or that play, but not the interception turned TD with Cromartie and Bryant?  Romo did extraordinarily well against a lot of pressure and a lot of very good coverage. I really doubt any other QBs put up 350 yards against the Jets pass D.  You can't accept every positive thing the guy did in the game as a given and then blame him for some mistakes.  He made 1/2 dozen key throws in that game that were the reason why they had 24 points on the board.
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

Well actually lets take a look at those 24 points shall we.

1st TD - Romo passes a 2 yrd screen to Jones who rac for 11 yrds
                Romo passes to short pass to Bryant who rac for 42 yrds
                Romo miss handles snaps and scrambles for 3 yrds
                Romo short pass for 5 yrds
                Romo inc pass
                Romo 3 yrd TD Bryant
                4-5  for 61yrds and 3 yrds rushing  not bad stats

1st FG - Romo passes for 12 yrds
                Romo passes for 12 yrds
                Romo passes for 11 yrds
                Romo inc pass
                Romo passes for no gain
                Romo inc pass
                4-6 for 35yrds not great passing stats on this one

2nd TD - Romo passes for 2 yrds
                 Romo passes for 7 yrds
                 Romo passes for 13 yrds
                 Romo passes for 36 yrds and TD
                 4-4 for 58 yrds and TD (must be noted Austin made the play that should have been int)

That's all the points that involved Romo 17 points which of those 7 was more to do with Austin then Romo as Cro should of had the int but Austin really fought hard for the ball.

So of those 350yrd Romo counted for 17 points 154 yrds. If you take into account that the 2 turnovers he gave up at worst were a 10 point swing and at best a 6 point swing then in reality he can only account for between 7-11 points and of those 7 of the points should go to Austin for turning an int into a TD. I'm pretty sure even an average QB would account for similar numbers. Again his 350yrds with 2 TD's look impressive but when you actually break down the numbers they aren't very good at all. A lot of garabage stats that didn't win them the game while his mistakes did in fact cost them the game

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Romo was hoping for a close game, but it wasn't as Dallas was playing much better.  In the 4th he realized he had to get drastic, because he was just not going to be beat NY in NY on 9/11.  I mean seriously, how unpatriotic would that be?  So he gave the game away.  Convincingly I might add, since he has been known to choke or be an utter dufus under pressure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : Well actually lets take a look at those 24 points shall we. 1st TD - Romo passes a 2 yrd screen to Jones who rac for 11 yrds             Romo passes to short pass to Bryant who rac for 42 yrds             Romo miss handles snaps and scrambles for 3 yrds             Romo short pass for 5 yrds             Romo inc pass             Romo 3 yrd TD Bryant             4-5  for 61yrds and 3 yrds rushing  not bad stats 1st FG - Romo passes for 12 yrds             Romo passes for 12 yrds             Romo passes for 11 yrds             Romo inc pass             Romo passes for no gain             Romo inc pass             4-6 for 35yrds not great passing stats on this one 2nd TD - Romo passes for 2 yrds              Romo passes for 7 yrds              Romo passes for 13 yrds              Romo passes for 36 yrds and TD              4-4 for 58 yrds and TD (must be noted Austin made the play that should have been int) That's all the points that involved Romo 17 points which of those 7 was more to do with Austin then Romo as Cro should of had the int but Austin really fought hard for the ball. So of those 350yrd Romo counted for 17 points 154 yrds. If you take into account that the 2 turnovers he gave up at worst were a 10 point swing and at best a 6 point swing then in reality he can only account for between 7-11 points and of those 7 of the points should go to Austin for turning an int into a TD. I'm pretty sure even an average QB would account for similar numbers. Again his 350yrds with 2 TD's look impressive but when you actually break down the numbers they aren't very good at all. A lot of garabage stats that didn't win them the game while his mistakes did in fact cost them the game
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with all of that.  It sounds like you're saying that the Cowboys should not have been in that game in the first place.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : I'm not sure what you are trying to say with all of that.  It sounds like you're saying that the Cowboys should not have been in that game in the first place.

No what I am saying is that Romo wasn't the reason that the Cowboys were in it at all. Actually they might have been better off without Romo given those numbers. If you give Austin the 7 (because it really should have been an int that Austin turned into a TD) and then the D for 7 (they gave the O the ball on the 1 yrd line) then really Romo counted for less then half the teams scoring (10 to be exact). Then when you take into account his fumble cost them at minimum a FG and at best a TD and his int did allow the Jets to get a FG when Dal was at the 41 then you should see that Romo didn't give the Cowboys anything more then he gave away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight:
    [QUOTE]for cryin' out loud a fumble on a sure scoring opportunity from the 5 yard line an interception when the guy was blanketed and he wasn't ready for the snap when he only had to get into field goal range other than the punt team that gave up the block by surrendering both of the inside gaps to the Jets' punt block team, I don't think anyone was more at fault for the loss than Tony Romo surprisingly, Sanchez looked good when he had time to pass and wasn't getting creamed (335 yards passing), but Romo choked.  Hard.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Rule#71 LOL!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : No what I am saying is that Romo wasn't the reason that the Cowboys were in it at all. Actually they might have been better off without Romo given those numbers. If you give Austin the 7 (because it really should have been an int that Austin turned into a TD) and then the D for 7 (they gave the O the ball on the 1 yrd line) then really Romo counted for less then half the teams scoring (10 to be exact). Then when you take into account his fumble cost them at minimum a FG and at best a TD and his int did allow the Jets to get a FG when Dal was at the 41 then you should see that Romo didn't give the Cowboys anything more then he gave away.

He made some fanatstic passes all night. I have no particular love for Romo, but I do love a good game.  I really enjoyed that one.  Both QBs made some mistakes and made some big plays.  I don't think it's fair to start claiming that a QBs good night was a bad one becasue his receivers made some good plays too.  Brady often puts our guys in a position to do something after the catch.  That's what good QBs do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : He made some fanatstic passes all night. I have no particular love for Romo, but I do love a good game.  I really enjoyed that one.  Both QBs made some mistakes and made some big plays.  I don't think it's fair to start claiming that a QBs good night was a bad one becasue his receivers made some good plays too.  Brady often puts our guys in a position to do something after the catch.  That's what good QBs do. 

It comes down to did he win the game or lose it. Some QB's like Brady, Manning, Rodgers win games by their plays. Sure they have off games that their teams need to bail them out but more times then not they win games. Then you have QB's that neither win nor loss games like Sanchez, Freeman, Cassel. These guys need their teams to either step up to win games or for the other teams to make mistakes. They will keep you even and won't give up as many big plays as make big plays. Then there are QB's that will lose you games like Romo, old Farve (not in his prime), Collins, Grossman these guys will make big plays and make highlight reels but they also give up big plays and will blow games at the end. In this case Romo's mistakes directly cost the Cowboys the game. This means to me that he had a bad game period. Stats don't get you a championship (ask Manning. The year he won was actually one of his worst playoff years he had). All that matters is did you put your team in a position to win or lose the game, clearly for Romo it was the latter. Only fantasy fans look at the stats and say what a great game he had. Real fans watch his play and understand how he performed when he needed to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Romo was the Jets' 12th man tonight : It comes down to did he win the game or lose it. Some QB's like Brady, Manning, Rodgers win games by their plays. Sure they have off games that their teams need to bail them out but more times then not they win games. Then you have QB's that neither win nor loss games like Sanchez, Freeman, Cassel. These guys need their teams to either step up to win games or for the other teams to make mistakes. They will keep you even and won't give up as many big plays as make big plays. Then there are QB's that will lose you games like Romo, old Farve (not in his prime), Collins, Grossman these guys will make big plays and make highlight reels but they also give up big plays and will blow games at the end. In this case Romo's mistakes directly cost the Cowboys the game. This means to me that he had a bad game period. Stats don't get you a championship (ask Manning. The year he won was actually one of his worst playoff years he had). All that matters is did you put your team in a position to win or lose the game, clearly for Romo it was the latter. Only fantasy fans look at the stats and say what a great game he had. Real fans watch his play and understand how he performed when he needed to.

We can go back and forth all day.  Romo put his team in position to win, then took them out of it.  Farve use to do it all the time.  Manning does it from time to time.  Nobody thought that the Cowboys were going to put up 24 points on the Jets. 
    As for the win vs not to lose thing... it's kind of dumb.  Early in the Brady era, he was on a short leash as is often the case with young QBs.  I recall about 4 games last year where Sanchez had tremendous 4th quarters to WIN games.  And just because he didn't finish the game strong last night, doesn't mean he didn't win it.  Rob Ryan is a very good defensive coordinator.  Do you remember all of the big names he had last year on the Browns when they embarrased us?  I don't either. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not sure what to make of this thread.

On one hand, I suppose it's admirable that somebody -- for whatever obscure reason -- is defending Tony Romo when he has shown, over and over again, that big spotlights make him pee himself . . .  but on the other hand . . .  pretending something isn't what it is simply because you don't like it . . .

Well . . .   that's just crazy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Romo did an interview after the game here in Dallas.
    He pretty much admitted he s*cked and his poor decision making lost the game.
    He had plenty of reasons to loose that one.  Depleted secondary with no starters at corner back.  Top receiver hurt, ect...ect..
    But those weren't the reasons or excuses.
    He absolutely CHOKED despite the Jests trying to give him back the game.  That's the only reason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It really was a Keyston Kops affair, pezz.

If I'm Jets fan, I'm perfectly happy they got the win, but I don't know how much crowing I would be doing about it. A lot of that game looked to me like two teams who thought the winners were going to be executed.