Tony Romo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Tony Romo

I think Tony Romo has played his last game in Dallas, i just dont see the jerry jones giving him another contract. the loss last night was squarely his. his contract was up if they were negotiation with him there not anymore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Tony Romo

Tony "Oh no" Romo...seriously, was anyone really surprised that the Cowboys lost? The only thing that surprised me, was that that floater he threw, did not turn into a pick six for Washington. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Put Tom Brady on Dallas and you know what you got?

An 8-8 Team.

Nothing positive will happen in Dallas until Jerry Jones learns he knows nothing about coaching a football team...or when he passes on the new owner stays out of the Coaches business.

Jason Garrett...Head Coaching Material or Jerry Jones's Lackey....we know the answer.

Tony Romo threw for the 3rd most yards this year yes?

Bonehead plays at times...sure...but not bone headed per say but out of desperation realizing games were going to be lost unless something drastic happened.

Am I fitting Romo for a yellow jacket...no...but he's far from the real ills that curse that team.

Jerry Jones said he should fire himself.....he should be a Man of his word.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not much new here.

Tony Blowmo is the kind of quarterback who's just good enough to get himself into a position to choke under the bright lights.

Ever has it been thus . . .  and while you can say -- as the pension guy appears to be saying -- that he shoulders more of the blame for continued Cowboy calamity (how's that for alliteration?) than he, perhaps, deserves; it then must also be true that he gets more of the credit for those rare times when Dallas plays well.

In short, Romo is the poster-child for what ails the league in general. It is a league dying to be quarterback driven, but there don't appear to be enough quality QBs to go around.

Then again, I just looked up and saw four rookies and two sophomore quarterbacks in the playoffs . . .   so it may just be that the times they are a'changin'.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

When you have an Owner, on the sidelines, ACTIVELY telling players what to do, ACTIVELY telling the COACH what to do, it undermines the entire system, undermines the Coaches Authority and RESPECT......YOU WILL FAIL NO MATTER THE QB.

He ran Jimmie Johnson outta town with the same BS

He almost got punched out in the locker room by telling the D Nose Tackle "we need more out of you"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I feel really bad for Tony. I like the guy a lot and I hope he gets another chance somewhere. Was desperately hoping that the Cowboy defense could have gotten a stop so Tony could have gotten a chance to score a touchdown.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Jerry Jones is an arrogant blowhard who thinks he’s the world’s greatest football mind. His money allows him to act out his fantasies...his dysfunctional team is the proof in the pudding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Jerry Jones is an arrogant blowhard who thinks he’s the world’s greatest football mind. His money allows him to act out his fantasies...his dysfunctional team is the proof in the pudding.

In Sein Language this is what we call Steinbrenner Syndrome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to vertigho's comment:

I feel really bad for Tony. I like the guy a lot and I hope he gets another chance somewhere. Was desperately hoping that the Cowboy defense could have gotten a stop so Tony could have gotten a chance to score a touchdown.

May I ask why you like him?  He's basically a guy who got lucky to become a millionaire for really no reason other than making some good plays here or there, while getting really cocky along the way, taking little to no accountability as a delusional QB.

He's basically Mark Sanchez on steroids.

Not good.

Seems like a humble, genuine guy. He gets a lot of flack from the media, some deserved, most undeserved. I feel bad for him, and as I said, he seems like a really good guy. I want to see him succeed. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no mention anywhere that Romo broke his ribs in the 2nd quarter and gutted it out with tape and a flak jacket. what a surprise...now you know what clueless looks like

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I think he needs a change of scenery

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

May I ask why you like him?  He's basically a guy who got lucky to become a millionaire for really no reason other than making some good plays here or there, while getting really cocky along the way, taking little to no accountability as a delusional QB.

Not good.

Seems like a humble, genuine guy. He gets a lot of flack from the media, some deserved, most undeserved. I feel bad for him, and as I said, he seems like a really good guy. I want to see him succeed. 

I hear you on that, but I also think getting that huge contract got to his head.   He would always sort of act very casual after just awful losses, which to me, shows a lack of accountability and bad leadership. It never seemed like he wanted it enough.

You could tell this one really got to him. He looked absolutely miserable on the sidelines after he threw the 3rd pick (as he should). I see Romo as a good (not great) QB who will likely never win the big game. I actually thought he outplayed Eli this year up until last night, where he once again failed to come up when needed.

I feel bad for Cowboys fans tbh. How much disappointment can you handle?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

maybe the jests will go after him, and he can throw 3 INTs like Sanchez and lose the game for them.

But, the question is, is he qualified to run into his lineman's butt? No, i think only Sancheez has the dubious qualification

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Not good.

I dunno, Rusty, that's not a fair comparison, in my opinion. Sanchez does not have anywhere close to the talent that Romo has.

Romo is one a few QBs in the league that can carry a team on his back for a few games. Problem is, when the games are critical, he makes terrible mistakes at the most inopportune times.

Kinda reminds me of Bledsoe in that regard. From the neck down, Drew Bledsoe was every bit as talented as Tom Brady (moreso, in some ways, like throwing deep). But from the neck up, not so much.

Sections
Shortcuts