Tony Ugoh waived by Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Tony Ugoh waived by Colts

Tony Ugoh wasn't the foundation of the Colts offensive line but he still was an important piece to an already injured offensive line. Tony was never able to fill the shoes of Tarik Glenn and was a bad decision when the Colts traded up to draft him.  I don't care how good Peyton Manning is, he still needs a decent offensive line.  This is a bigger loss than it seems.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Tony Ugoh waived by Colts

It just proves how good Manning has been with the line he has had.  Essentially 2/5ths (40%) are all that have been worth anything for about 3 years. 

I really hope that Johnson is ready to go, but I fear he is not.  They've picked up an undrafted rookie as a body.  I foresee alot of 2 TE sets vs Houston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

i thought you were going to say.............. sign him! every time a played gets wave some moron on this board says sign him....

good for you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

We should sign him for a few weeks and use him for intel.  (joking)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

If we did sign him it would be just to tick off Polian but it would not make sense long term unless Scarnechia thinks he is worth the roster spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

You're right, DONT SIGN HIM! If the Pats are going to pay on offensive lineman it had better be Mankins. I dont understand why both side are being so stubborn. I dont believe Mankins wants to leave NE anymore than NE wants to get rid of him. There has to be a little give and take here from both parties involved. What makes even less sense to me is that the Pats are going to sign Brady to an extention and not try to retain two of the most important pieces to his success in Mankins and Moss. This is practically a no brainer. One guy keeps him upright and the other seals the deal on the scoreboard.  If age is a concern then the sides need to work around it, via team/player yearly options or incentive based salaries. In the end it all comes down to two words anyways.....guaranteed money! I hope this stuff works itself out because as a fan all I want to worry about during the season is, did I do enough cardio in the offseason for all the TD celebration dances Im going to be doing when Brady and company light up teams this year.  Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I was expecting a sign him thread, but good for you. You proved me wrong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

to all those who say bill has sucked with the draft lately... this is more proof that nfl draft is a crapshoot... colts have done a good job but even they missed on a first rounder..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

everybody misses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

guy still handled Richard Seymour a few years ago, which could be part of the reason why Seymour isn't here anymore

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I suspect if you look at everybodies draft you will find hits and misses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Ugoh waived by Colts:
    [QUOTE]You're right, DONT SIGN HIM! If the Pats are going to pay on offensive lineman it had better be Mankins. I dont understand why both side are being so stubborn. I dont believe Mankins wants to leave NE anymore than NE wants to get rid of him. There has to be a little give and take here from both parties involved. What makes even less sense to me is that the Pats are going to sign Brady to an extention and not try to retain two of the most important pieces to his success in Mankins and Moss. This is practically a no brainer. One guy keeps him upright and the other seals the deal on the scoreboard.  If age is a concern then the sides need to work around it, via team/player yearly options or incentive based salaries. In the end it all comes down to two words anyways.....guaranteed money! I hope this stuff works itself out because as a fan all I want to worry about during the season is, did I do enough cardio in the offseason for all the TD celebration dances Im going to be doing when Brady and company light up teams this year.  Go Pats!
    Posted by wonderdrums[/QUOTE]

The Pats offered Stankins...I mean Mankins a more than fair deal...He didn't want it so now he is pouting like the little girl who did not get her Pony for her birthday party...I still don't get how the guy who made Justin Tuck famous (anybody hear anything about this guy lately) wants to be paid as if he is the best guard in the league as of right now. Don't let that Pro bowl nomination fool you (I'm still shaking my head at the fact that Light, Mankins and Koppen actually went after their p!$$ poor performance on 02/03/2008) because we have a very average Offensive line with the lone bright spot being Vollmer. The Pats should just move on if he does not want to return.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Wait...what??? I was led to believe that the great Bill Polian could do no wrong when it came to drafting players? 

I'm confused...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Ugoh waived by Colts:
    [QUOTE]Wait...what??? I was led to believe that the great Bill Polian could do no wrong when it came to drafting players?  I'm confused...
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

You are confused because you are a pats fan.  You are confused because it does seem as if Polian never misses.  You are confused, because as a pats fan  the current dominance of the colts over the pats, makes it seem as if Polian never misses.  You are confused because while Belichick trades players for picks or picks for players and then has little to show for it, anything the colts do seems brilliant.  

But alas Bill Polian does miss. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So many teams had bad drafts over those few seasons. The talent was really thin for a few years.

We have had two rich (looking) drafts in a row -- these are the seasons where making good connections helps.  

I expect 2011 to be bearish again though. There will be Locker and a handful of good talent, but it won't be anything like what we've seen the last few seasons. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

You guys SHOULD sign him.  Better than Javarris James.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Where is Underdogg today?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I think Bill Polian is still the bestest and Belichick has so much to do to catch up to Bill "Na" Polian.

We are so abused here by Belichick.  I hope he retires to appease Bob Ryan, Chris Gasper, Shaugnessy, Mazz, Breer and Shalise Manza-Young.