Tony Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Tony Washington

Anyone know why he hasn't been signed.  I know he has character issues but he is a 1st round talent.  I don't understand why anyone hasn't taken a chance on him as a UDFA.  I'm holding out hope that the Pats do so...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: Tony Washington

Incest with his sister.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he has big character issues (he was convicted as a sex offender in high school due to a consensual incestuous relationship with his sister.) and went to a lower division school with questionable competition levels. good player but off field issues aren't the kind of locker room BB is trying to create, he won't be a patriot. sounds like a cincinnati bengal or a raider.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I feel bad for him; the incident that got him labeled as a sex offender was a long time ago, but it will probably hang over his head for life.

Whether it's the Pats or not, I hope some team will give him a shot. I think he can play and should at least get a chance to prove that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

He had a character issue as a 16 yr. old kid. He made a terrible mistake, he paid for it in the  juvenile system . Originally his conviction was suppose to be kept sealed but instead the D.A.'s office in Louisiana changed their mind and made public  him as sex offender.  The Kid has stayed clean for seven years and has admitted his mistake publicly. He has become a devote Christian. With all the sick things that go on in this country ( U.S. Senators in bathrooms, hookers and politicians ,  talk show hosts and drugs  etc) all getting second chances, I wish someone would give this kid a shot,even the Pats. And has been brought up by more than one attorney the NFL treading on very thin ice here via labor laws and civil rights laws.  Supposedly has 1st -2nd round talent. I saw the interview on the news .  Seemed like a good kid. Wish him well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

"Opportunity rarely knocks on your door. Knock rather on opportunity's door if you ardently wish to enter."

BC Forbes

"The god on the cross is a curse on life, a signpost to seek redemption from life; Dionysus cut to pieces is a promise of life: it will be eternally reborn and return again from destruction."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"To be able to move on, one has to learn to forgive not only the person (or people) who have done one wrong but also oneself."
    Eugenia Tripputi

If Tony Washington's victim, by all indications, has forgiven him for his actions - who are we, as a society, to do less. Particularly, when by all accounts, he has taken many positive steps forward to show that he is not the same person that he was as a teenager.

It is said that everyone carries their own individual cross or other crushing load throughout their lives - whether it is an addiction, lifelong sickness, physical or mental handicap - and usually it is a relatively private struggle since most of us are not public figures. Tony Washington not only has a crushing load for life due to his actions - the load has been immeasurably added to by the fact that, as a highly rated football player, he is now a public figure.

I can only hope that he not only continues his quest to play in the NFL, but knocks on opportunity's door even louder. If he succeeds and becomes a player of note in the league, it will be proof that we can -through hard work and perseverance - climb out of whatever pit that Life puts us through, no matter how deep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I had heard of him, but I don't know anything really beyond the public general news concerning his past. As I recall there were extenuating circumstances and such. Not excusing at all what he did but he was a kid #1, #2 he did not grow up in a situation where there was the level of support or discipline that there should have been. I also heard the "victem" has forgiven him and he has turned his life around 100%.  I am not sure tallent wise how he would fit but he seems to be a guy who could make some teams better. Just not the PAtriots because they are looking to change the locker room and I don't think they want to deal with the questions this would raise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Why did they open their mouths if it was consensual? What'd he go and brag to his friends "dude I played hide the sausage with my sister last night" ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I would rather have this guy on my team than Ben Rothlisberger. He was a screwed up KID, who made a mistake. I don't think he raped her. He was 16 and she was 15.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Washington:

Holy Cow!! I thought yo were kidding when I first saw the post. That will make a team think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

I think no team will sign this guy due to the media nightmare and locker room consequences. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Are some of you people crazy?  You feel sorry for him, you would rather have him than Rothliesberger, he paid his debt to society...etc.  Alot of people talk about Cromartie and his multiple BM's, Santonio Holmes, Dez Bryant the "thug"...this guy had sex with his sister at 15y/o...i dont know about the rest of you, but having sex with your sister isnt forgivable...let me guess if he was a child molester, you would give him a pass because it happend when he was 10-13....give me a break...some of you people are hypocrites!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

the fact that you are speaking highly of a man that had sex with his sister is cause for me to literally vomit.

I have four sisters and this is just nasty

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Are some of you people crazy?  You feel sorry for him, you would rather have him than Rothliesberger, he paid his debt to society...etc.  Alot of people talk about Cromartie and his multiple BM's, Santonio Holmes, Dez Bryant the "thug"...this guy had sex with his sister at 15y/o...i dont know about the rest of you, but having sex with your sister isnt forgivable...let me guess if he was a child molester, you would give him a pass because it happend when he was 10-13....give me a break...some of you people are hypocrites!
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

You are totally clueless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Jerh5,

Providing an individual a second chance because they found god is totally different than condoning his disgusting behavior.

We all have the strength to forgive, but some of the posts above seem to imply that this wrong is not AS BAD as another's.

Bottom line is that this is not right and as many have said it would be a media nightmare.

Now, if you want to invest 132,000 million in a football team as the patriots have... And they happen to have a very good, ethical and moral product that devotes tons of time to the community........ AND THEN invite this type of negative publicity on your team....

You may want to go make that investment and see how it works out.

I think he deserves a chance but I am not apologizing for him

I am pretty sure you are the clueless one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Jerh5, Providing an individual a second chance because they found god is totally different than condoning his disgusting behavior.   We all have the strength to forgive, but some of the posts above seem to imply that this wrong is not AS BAD as another's. Bottom line is that this is not right and as many have said it would be a media nightmare. Now, if you want to invest 132,000 million in a football team as the patriots have... And they happen to have a very good, ethical and moral product that devotes tons of time to the community........ AND THEN invite this type of negative publicity on your team.... You may want to go make that investment and see how it works out. I think he deserves a chance but I am not apologizing for him I am pretty sure you are the clueless one
    Posted by tagandtrade

Sorry, but I never condoned what he did. Not even close. What he did is disgusting. But you have no idea what HIS life was like as a child that led up to that moment. What I am saying is he seems to have changed his life and seems genuinely sorry for what he did.  In your previous post you mentioned someone speaking highly of him. If you were refering to me, I never once spoke highly of him and I am not apologizing for him either. I was saying that I believe he deserves a second chance. If an NFL team does not want to take on a challenge of this sort, I would totally understand. However, if giving someone a second chance makes me clueless, then so be it. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Sections
Shortcuts