Too bad NFL Players hate the New England Patriot’s

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Too bad NFL Players hate the New England Patriot’s

lol, Putz!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Re: Too bad NFL Players hate the New England Patriot’s

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

lol, Putz!

Suggs will sign with the Pats next year for vet minimum and incentives.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Again the only thing NFL players hate is not getting paid. Suggs is fool, always has been always will be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I can understand a player on the back side of his career wanting to come here. There is the alure of BB to many players, also Brady. I have to assume any player watching the Welker situation unfold looks at the Pats with disdain. I also assume there is some wonderment in the Pats locker room and with #12. Bruschi said it wasn't a big deal for him, but he was 1 out of 100. For most every player the nickel and diming was a turn off, even in house. 

I still get a kick out of you not understanding the NY market, how 98 out of 100 players want a shot at the big time city. Izdik is showing his resolve to grow they the draft and use this year as a bridge year. Your going to say however that the past 5 years players didn't want to play for the Jets or Jints? Get a clue, will ya. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I can understand a player on the back side of his career wanting to come here. There is the alure of BB to many players, also Brady. I have to assume any player watching the Welker situation unfold looks at the Pats with disdain. I also assume there is some wonderment in the Pats locker room and with #12. Bruschi said it wasn't a big deal for him, but he was 1 out of 100. For most every player the nickel and diming was a turn off, even in house. 

I still get a kick out of you not understanding the NY market, how 98 out of 100 players want a shot at the big time city. Izdik is showing his resolve to grow they the draft and use this year as a bridge year. Your going to say however that the past 5 years players didn't want to play for the Jets or Jints? Get a clue, will ya. 

A bridge year usually implies you have some recent success and that you are retooling for a year to continue along this path. This is more like bridging the fall of the Roman Empire to Germay in 1945...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Big time is a double edged sword. You can get big time exposure which includes being embarassed big time if you are apart of and organization like the Jets. The press can be more brutal than even Boston. Not everyones cup of tea.

The Pats will pay what is your real value for the most part and on a BB team you will usually not be embarassed. It is a great stepping stone for unrecognized players like Welker, Woodhead, Edlemann to shine where in many systems they could languish on the bench and eventually get cut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I think what many are missing out is that many teams are cutting veterans in thier 30s looking for a big pay day. It will become the norm in the NFL if it already hasn't. Knowing this I very much doubt any intelligent player in the NFL would hate the Patriots for letting Welker walk.

As much as I hated to see Welker go to Denver it's just business as usual in the NFL. Guess my thought on Welker going to Denver, it wasn't about the money as much as it was about signing with a winning club with a chance to go to a Super Bowl, plus a feeling that he was slighted by the Pats after nothing but loyalty he gave to this team. I know many here have a built in hatred of Manning but from Welker's perspective he goes from one great QB to working with another. 

Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

lol, Putz!

Tcal2:  I was thinking the same thing - LOL :).  For a team every player supposedly hates, we certainly don't have a problem signing FAs.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

im almost crying right now

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

What's scary about that is how close those two actually look like one another.

I think Chunk is wearing the NE throwback jersey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I hate the pats too! Along with many other sports fans in this great country of ours. Nobody likes a cheater.I'm glad Suggs opened his mouth.

So how are ya my horribly accented neighbors from the North!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

I hate the pats too! Along with many other sports fans in this great country of ours. Nobody likes a cheater.I'm glad Suggs opened his mouth.

So how are ya my horribly accented neighbors from the North!?

I am having a wicked good time!  Out here in in Colorado!  And you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

What's scary about that is how close those two actually look like one another.

I think Chunk is wearing the NE throwback jersey.

The one on the right looks like our resident troll Leon.

Nice of him to lend his pic.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Rock-Colorado huh? lucky guy.

salcon -please-

Anybody else mouthing off about the pats how and they are a perceived as cheaters? 

Soon enough the pats will be compared to the Bills of the late 80's early 90's as the team that could get the SB but just couldn't close the deal.

Pats can't win anymore SB's-they have a "curse" hanging around the organization...you can blame BB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Not sure I understand whay you think players look at the Welker situation in disdain?

The Broncos and Pat's basically knew exactly what the market was for him. How is that cause for other players to look at the pat's in disdain except perhaps the media driving that perception.

They offered him a chance to make more money here than Denver is going to give him. Geez, we are finding out now that the Denver deal was basically a 1 year deal. If he gets hurt this year he makes 6 mil end of story. In NE he would have made 10 Mil guaranteed with a chance to make 6 mil more in incentives. 

Welker, Vince, Seymour, Samual, Ty, Branch, Givens, Mankins, Woody (Damian) . The locker room watches, the players talk. Bruschi said it. Ty says it often. So does Troy Brown. Players want to come here on the back side after they made money, or they come here to prove a point. No one comes in the prime of their career. Its painted as "value", truth is no one wants to come. Wes wanted to stay and wanted a little respect for the past 6 years. Us fans applaud the cold hearted ness. The players of course don't. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Usually players "hate" the Patriots in the seven days before a game.  Their coaching staff pulled them aside and told them precisely what to say to the press.  As a rule the press realizes that they're being used to the max, but they have to go along with every pronouncement because there's a news desert in football for the middle five days of the week. 

Certain teams abuse the press so regularly that they've had to limit their puppeteer pronouncements to only the real rivals.  Baltimore loves this locker room ritual and Rex Ryan took it with him when he left for the Jets.  The Patriots, having been to the dance or at least in the running up to the very last week for 11 years in a row, are the designated rival of everybody in the AFC. 

Suggs was just getting ahead of the curve for his team, recognizing that IF the Ravens make the playoffs then they will meet the Patriots in January.  I say IF, because the Ravens finished the regular season with a 1-4 record.  Also for the Ravens, there's already one meeting on the regular season schedule.

You'll never hear a player on an AFC team that is completely out of the running badmouthing the Patriots.  You'll never hear anyone on an NFC team badmouthing the Patriots except in the two weeks before the Super Bowl. 

NFL individual players don't hate playing for the Patriots at all.  A stint with the Pats is always a stepping stone ticket to a grossly overpriced free agent contract down the road.  For example, five years ago Wes Welker's agent was doing the Macarena and taking out a bigger mortgage, all over getting his guy out of skinflint Miami and into New England where Welker was guaranteed to become gold-plated.  Yes New England drove a tough bargain this year, but a more than reasonable cash-in contract elsewhere for grandpa was a foregone conclusion.  It just happened to be with Denver.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

lol, Putz!

Suggs will sign with the Pats next year for vet minimum and incentives.

Wouldn't want this numbskull on the Patriots

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts