2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Too Blitz or Not to Blitz

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to Neal Page's comment:

I never said he budgeted for dead money, I said he concedes that some contracts may not work out, like they do for all teams.

So, yes, a part of the budget is likely set aside for expecting some players not to work out.  It's called planning ahead. Something your pathetic organization has no idea how to do.

Are you saying BB signed TBC and Bodden & Ocho to muti year deals expecting they wouldn't work out and he's pay them for two or three years they didn't play on the team?

Rexy my child did you get tossed from the site again? How's those SB bound Jets working out this year? At least your hero Rex didn't have to ball like a baby after yesterdays game. Who knows you might even finish the season above .500

Did you predict they'd be in the superbowl? 

Yes, the mods banned me again.  Instead of banning the troublemakers here, they ban me for doing nothing wrong.

Your very existance is something wrong. Genetically, emotionally and intellectually.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Depends on the opponant on frequency of blitz packages. It is critical imo to blitz Sanchez. 

I agree.  we need to blitz Sanchez a lot.  He is not much, if any, better than Luck and will get confused.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Last point on the Bend but Dont Break, I dont care if we give up a Big Play because of the blitz. We have the Offense that can compensate. What we dont have is Time and Possesions, when team after team stays on the field marches down takes time off the clock, thus less possessions for our Offense. What happens next is a close game, where now there is much more Pressure for the Offense to Finish Games.

The strongest part of this team gets hurt the most by the Bend but Dont Break, the Offense.

I agree with this. Too many times we have come up short in big games because teams were able to even the playing field by limited our posessions. How can you score 40 to 50 points with only 4 posessions???  Well, you cant! Thats the point some of us make when people say yards dont matter. I for one do not want to count on turnovers to get wins...

if they gonna score, make em do it quick so we can get the ball back! good points bobbysu!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Last point on the Bend but Dont Break, I dont care if we give up a Big Play because of the blitz. We have the Offense that can compensate. What we dont have is Time and Possesions, when team after team stays on the field marches down takes time off the clock, thus less possessions for our Offense. What happens next is a close game, where now there is much more Pressure for the Offense to Finish Games.

The strongest part of this team gets hurt the most by the Bend but Dont Break, the Offense.

I agree with this. Too many times we have come up short in big games because teams were able to even the playing field by limited our posessions. How can you score 40 to 50 points with only 4 posessions???  Well, you cant! Thats the point some of us make when people say yards dont matter. I for one do not want to count on turnovers to get wins...

if they gonna score, make em do it quick so we can get the ball back! good points bobbysu!

Thanks, last Superbowl proved it.

and the one before,,,,,smh. Can we buck the trend this year??  Only time will tell

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The better question is, how many NFL defenses GAIN their own offenses 2 more drives per game like this D does here, leading the AFC again in takeaways?

So, for every whining comment about how Tom Brady doesn't get  a cushy12+ drives per game is offset by the fact this D creates 2 turnovers per game, minimum.

This team has NEVER had less than 8 drives in a game, and considering this offense is so loaded, those kinds of excuses aren't really relevant either.

Making excuses for a loaded offense here turning it over, not executing or settling for FGs, etc, is ridiculous when you have a D creating turnovers at this rate.

This D actually creates far more turnovers for Brady now than the SB winning Ds did, and it comes in a more difficult era to defend. It's very clear BB and his staff have put a precedent on takeaways, as do most successsful franchises who realize it's really about that and a potent or balanced offense.

People rave about Pitt's D for example, because it's ranked "#1" or near the top, but they were near the bottom in turnovers created because their DBs aren't that good and they're older, so they aren't great in coverage as LBs and Safeties.

So, what good is a yards alllowed stat if it's not translating into helping win games?  Pitt lost last year to Denver and Tebow in the playoffs for crying out loud.

Wow, way to ruin another thread with your Brady Bashing and here I was trying to keep it peace and civil. How many times does this have to be explained???  Just keep that crazy talk off my thread please. Like I said, I dont want to rely on turnovers that strangely are absent come playoff time. Do you remember 2010?? Not too long ago right. yea we led the league in turnovers that year too and we were ONE n' DONE to your beloved Jets team because we DIDNT make Sanchez turn the ball over and we were home while they advanced. BB has seen it too and im sure he loves the turnovers but also knows getting more posession for the Best Offense in the League is NEVER a bad thing.  Giving up over 400 yards of offense is ALWAYS a bad thing. How many A.Lucks you think gonna be running around come January. Cmon Rusty, get with the program and dont take my thread to mean I agree with you that we have a great defense. I just know that when you are young, u need to be agressive!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Its amazing that you still argue about this. Dont you understand that Brady throwing a high number of passes is directly correlated to our Defenses lack of ability to get off the field so when we DO have the ball we have to make sure we get 7 cuz who knows how long it will be before we get it back with a defense that cant get off the field. I dont want to hear about 4 rookies because you NEVER mentioned it during the season when we were blowing out teams so save it. You had your chest out after the 45-3 shallacking and had no complaints about # 12 on that day or said anything about rookies. You thumped your Birdchest and when the Jets undressed us at home you dissapeared and made a bunch of people take the crap from trolls that YOU should have been eating and you still see NO problem with our defense not getting ONE 3 and out last year in the SB and OH, where were the turnovers??!!!  Oh, thats right, they couldnt fall on the ball. Those are the breaks, and why you CANt and DONT rely on turnovers and need a defense that can get off the field. Im glad BB is bringing pressure so maybe our fortunes change, but you are the only poster who genuinely doesnt know that Brady is the Main reason we have had success DESPITE a p*ss poor secondary the last 4 to 5 years...  Why are you bringing up 07 when I am talking about 2010.??? I can always tell when you are proved wrong, cause you start with these irrelevant distractions and spins and just bore your opponent to death with paragraph of paragragh with irrelevent baby dribble!  I guess you will take that to the grave with you. I feel sorry for you. Hope you can let that go one day because it aint healthy

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So I'll ask you again for the umteenth time. Does Brady decide what personnell to use and if so, what are we paying BB 5 mil/year to do?

Also, the fact that we were up and still passing means what??  Teams can come back quickly buddy, so unless you are up by 3 scores or more with less than 4 minutes, you keep the pressure on and keep scoring so you never have the problem of blowing a lead. How many games have you watched this year where the defense has given up major yards in the 4th quarter while that other team is storming back? If they thought the defense could hold the lead, they would run more but they are scared to death at how fast the D can let an opponent back in and so they feel no amount of points is enough and until yesterday people were actually calling for more agressive offense late in order to sustain drives. so to sum up, NOONE agrees with you, NOt even BB. Weve seen proof of this since 4th and 2 vs INdy. BB doesnt trust the Defense and therefore tries to score as many points as possible. This is the last time I explain it Rusty. After that, I will completely ignore any points you try to make about Brady or the defense since you have proven yourself completely out your league when it comes to comprehension of these things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

For me the Bend but dont Break Defense doesn't make sense with our Offense.

We'll see if Patricia changed his philosphy with the Jets. Of all the QB's we face, Sanchez is terrible under pressure, he makes more dumb mistakes when Defenders are in his face. Fumbles, throws int's right to people, just bad decisions.

Jets will crank up the Running Game, so Pats better start there, and blitz when Down and Distance is to our advantage.

I think it depends.  I think there is a strategy there.  BB is great at baiting QBs into a self assured position in the red zone. It's harder to score in the red zone than it is in between the 20s (through the air).

That said, if you aren't stopping the run and defendig the pass well in that area, then yeah, ir a problem.

Not sure what the final stats are from yesterday, but the D was again off to a slow start aided by a bad PI play, obviously. The Run D has been off 2 weeks in a row, but if it's on like it usually is, the bend don't break is not the real problem for this D, IMO.

The more balanced an offense the D is facing, I think it works pretty well. They get 2 turnovers per game, keep the run game from hurting them and then keep offenses to 20 points or less.

That's all assuming our own offense isn't sputtering or turning it over. 

I hear what you saying about strategy. here is my thing though. BB wants the Offense to basically bleed out its 3rd down package. Each team will have maybe 10 or so plays they go to in 3rd down situations and when BB makes you go the lengh of the field all the while making notes on his pad, he is setting himself up to succeed later because he will have seen all you have to offer. by half time most times the team has has 5-10 3rd down opptys already and this sets up for a 2nd half in which you can predict what plays will be called and try to catch them with a coverage that takes advantage so I get WHY BB likes to make offenses work and show alot but I think it had run its course this year and it was time for change and everyone from Troy Brown to the biggest homer Fred Smerlas was saying is in the last couple weeks as even they Had seen enough. Bodes well for later on because now Qbs wont come here licking their chops and they may actually be a bit reluctant to throw for a  change

BB has the worst secondary in the history of the NFL and what's the best way to help that secondary out? Geez, I don't know. Do you think maybe blitzing from time to time might put pressure on the quarterback. Well, duh, why didn't I think of that!?

Sections
Shortcuts