Too Early For A MUST Win Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Too Early For A MUST Win Game?

Coming out of Buffalo I would hate to see a 1-3 record with 2 of the losses against AFC rivals. 2-2 seems like where we need to be. Ya it's a bit early to be playing the "its a must win card" but I think it really is a must win game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Too Early For A MUST Win Game?

I'm sure you'll get many responses saying this is a must win but it isn't.
    They could start 1-5 and still go 11-5 and make the playoffs.
    It's all moot though. The Patriots are going to crush the Bills.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well at some point you have to start winning important games - this is one of those (division rival). I would put this in a must win type of situation because things could start to land fall and this is a young team. You've got to remember too, we are relatively healthy besides Hernandez...what's going to happen when the injuries and adversity hit?

I think we'll be fine, but if this defense doesn't prove to be improved over last season's, then I'm thinking we won't be sniffing a super bowl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We win today, the Jests will get crushed, and the AFCE is all tied up. Would put us up a division game on the Jestsand Bills. The 2 losses we had stung more then they hurt.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

13-3 will get a bye thru out the playoff!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Houston's not going to lose 4 games this season.  HF advantage will go through them.  Pats can afford to lose one more game before losing HF...they get SF and Houston later in the season. 

Every game they've played so far is a must win game.  If they lose tomorrow, they will lose homefield in the playoffs.  Mark it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Given New Englands weak defense, inability to close out games and history of struggles with Fitz and the Bills, they cannot afford to be 1-3.  Although due to the Jets roughing up the Bills in week one, they are undermanned, it seems that the Bills are the better team.  

[/QUOTE]

You make a bag of rocks look cerebral

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

All division games are "must-win" games.

Win the division and you won't have to worry about what anybody else does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Question: How many times have the Patriots swept their division in 52 seasons?

Answer: Once (2007)

Under Belichick:

2000 2-6
    2001 6-2
    2002 4-2
    2003 5-1
    2004 5-1
    2005 5-1
    2006 4-2
    2007 6-0
    2008 4-2
    2009 4-2
    2010 5-1
    2011 5-1

While I agree that division games are more important than the rest, it's unrealistic to think that the Patriots will win all of them.

Another thing, the Jets, Bills or Dolphins are not going to win more than 8 or 9 games. The AFC East belongs to the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it's important to take their division games this year...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

division games are important, but there's no need to get hysterical if they get to 1-3 (NOT directed to you, bubba... to everyone here).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

I believe the Giants won both their SBs during years when they barely made the Playoffs, then got hot at the end of the season and thru the playoffs---just get in baby - just get in!  11-5 gets us in. 10-6 wins the division meaning no worse than 4th seed. Not sure if KC or SD will be 10-6, so 10-6 and win division gets us the 3rd. But it's way too early to be talking playoffs, heck it's the 4th game of the season--and yes Division games are always big games! They almost count as 2 wins due to the first tiebreaker being head to head.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

NYFAN111 and PHATREX, where are you suckers

Sections
Shortcuts