Too early for predictions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Too early for predictions?

AFC East Records:

Pats 10-6
    Dolphins 10-6
    Jets 9-7
    Bills 5-11

Leaders:

Offense

Passing: Brady - 4,000+ yards, 32 TDs and 14 Ints
    Receptions: Moss - 80 catches, 1,100+ yards
    Rushing: Maroney - 200+ attempts, 4.0 ypc, 800+ yards

Defense

Unit rank will be middle of the pack as usual, will give up some yards but will be stingy in giving up points. 

Team will be + 8 giveaway/takeaway

Probowlers/reserves:

Moss
    Brady
    Mayo
    Merriweather

Team rookies of the year:

Spikes (D)
    Hernandez (O)

Most improved players:

Butler (D)
    Vollmer (O)

Overall assessment:

This is a playoff team and will not go 1-and-out again. Brady in year two of his recovery will be better.  There will be an interesting mix of vets and young guys on defense, more playmakers than last year, lots of guys stepping up to become major contributors.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Too early for predictions?

Wow, That's more predictions than I can muster.. However
    Pats 13-3..They sweep the afc East.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

PAIN!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Too early for predictions?:
    Wow, That's more predictions than I can muster.. However Pats 13-3..They sweep the afc East.
    Posted by ewhite1065

thats a bold prediction for a team that should have been split their division games sans a rookie returner from buffalo on opening night

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : thats a bold prediction for a team that should have been split their division games sans a rookie returner from buffalo on opening night
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I don't believe in Ifs and buts Because if we didn't have such a beat up defense last year we would have had a couple more wins also and That's an invalid excuse. I make that prediction with the  hope our Defense can remain healthy and our youngsters will improve. We will score this year so The Fins better have their offense cranking to keep up. I don't think the Jets can and the Bills have serious issues.I don't want be one these middle of the road guys that says 10-6. We're either going to be good or not and I see good things right now.

What do have for a fins prediction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

PAIN!
    Posted by p-mike

You forgot.......

Fool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : I don't believe in Ifs and buts Because if we didn't have such a beat up defense last year we would have had a couple more wins also and That's an invalid excuse. I make that prediction with the  hope our Defense can remain healthy and our youngsters will improve. We will score this year so The Fins better have their offense cranking to keep up. I don't think the Jets can and the Bills have serious issues.I don't want be one these middle of the road guys that says 10-6. We're either going to be good or not and I see good things right now. What do have for a fins prediction.
    Posted by ewhite1065

fair enough...im going with a 10-6 record with the phins...and while under your reasoning...that would be a safe pick...but as a phins fan for 20+ years now...a 10 win year for us is an exceptional year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : fair enough...im going with a 10-6 record with the phins...and while under your reasoning...that would be a safe pick...but as a phins fan for 20+ years now...a 10 win year for us is an exceptional year
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Jimmy, how do you see the first half working out?

Bills
    Vikings
    Jets
    Pats
    Packers
    Steelers (with Ben for good behavior)
    Bengals
    Ravens

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : fair enough...im going with a 10-6 record with the phins...and while under your reasoning...that would be a safe pick...but as a phins fan for 20+ years now...a 10 win year for us is an exceptional year
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I like the Dolphins more than I like the Jets this year. I'll be rooting for them when they play the Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : Jimmy, how do you see the first half working out? Bills Vikings Jets Pats Packers Steelers (with Ben for good behavior) Bengals Ravens
    Posted by Sam-Adams

That doesn't look that easy does it? The Jets start out with a tough schedule too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Young guys who want to prove they can do it.

12-4. They nearly went 11-5 with this same squad last year and this team improved.

Tom is going to carry this team alot this year and is going to put in an MVP caliber type season count on that. Randy, and Wes are going to be back and thats great. Tate is the difference from last year and will make a huge impact. Hernandez, Gronk, and Crumpler give the Pats back a style of TEs they havent had since Fauria, and Graham were on the roster.

The D is young and hungry. Count them out but they wont be and neither will Bill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : That doesn't look that easy does it? The Jets start out with a tough schedule too.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

They could have his 6 right here Mr. White. Will they sweep the second half?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : They could have his 6 right here Mr. White. Will they sweep the second half?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Negative!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Too early for predictions?:
    [QUOTE]AFC East Records: Pats 10-6 Dolphins 10-6 Jets 9-7 Bills 5-11 Leaders: Offense Passing: Brady - 4,000+ yards, 32 TDs and 14 Ints Receptions: Moss - 80 catches, 1,100+ yards Rushing: Maroney - 200+ attempts, 4.0 ypc, 800+ yards Defense Unit rank will be middle of the pack as usual, will give up some yards but will be stingy in giving up points.  Team will be + 8 giveaway/takeaway Probowlers/reserves: Moss Brady Mayo Merriweather Team rookies of the year: Spikes (D) Hernandez (O) Most improved players: Butler (D) Vollmer (O) Overall assessment: This is a playoff team and will not go 1-and-out again. Brady in year two of his recovery will be better.  There will be an interesting mix of vets and young guys on defense, more playmakers than last year, lots of guys stepping up to become major contributors.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

how would volmer get a most improved award if he was great when he played last season? look here for just one moment. IF galloway wasnt around last summer and brady had holt to work with instead, what would that have done to the Pats offense? anyone believe that it would have been ALOT better, especially in the 2nd half of games when other teams had o`brien`s play calling figured out? and how about our TE situation last season, as compared with this season? anyone feel it has improved big time? how about the D, especially the secondary? chung finally worked to learn the system which he was lazy about before last season. anyone feel that having Safety that knows the ropes will be a big plus this season? how about ron brace? if i had to guess he will be much improved this season as well. at LB, well, with TyroneM back from knee surgery, and acquiring brandon spikes and cunningham, as well as being able to use gary guyton`s great speed in the right way... doesn`t LB look better than the one minus bruschi and vrabel? tate looks to be a possible troy brown in the making, while welker is scary healthy, and has anyone ever seen a NE squad this deep at wide out? [my sense is that all three of our young wide receivers are more talented than david givens, and that`s not counting moss, welker, holt,and hernandez who will be a Hybrid TE and wide-out] also, watch how BB will use maroney this time around. expect alot more screens and swing passes to utilize his great speed. also the playcalling should be much improved. with that said, this is still a young team, but IMO a much improved team from the one that went 10-6 last season. doesn`t it stand to reason that giving them at least 2 more wins might be considered a conservative estimate?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

No, it's not too early for predictions. They just don't mean squat.
    Having said that, I predict that Buffalo won't win the division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Sticking with my predictions I made after the draft.

Pats 11-5
    Dolphins 9-7
    Jets 8-8
    Bills 3-13

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Too early for predictions?:
    [QUOTE]AFC East Records: Pats 10-6 Dolphins 10-6 Jets 9-7 Bills 5-11 Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

there's no way Pats go 10-6 this year. At least 12-4 or 13-3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

PATS 10-6
    JETS 9-7
    MIA 8-8
    BUF 6-10

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Patriots 14-2
    Jets 11-5
    Dolphins 8-8
    Bills 16-0, they really need someone to toady up to them right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]No, it's not too early for predictions. They just don't mean squat. Having said that, I predict that Buffalo won't win the division.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Wow, is that a limb you just walked out on? lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hate to say it, I don't see the Pats as dramatically improved, while there is no doubt that Miami and New York will make the division more competitive.  I see them on par with last year's squad. 

The Pats have a lot of young guys, and it's not a sure bet that all of them will step up and be major contributors, at least not right away, especially the rookies.  Defense?  Still not sold on the D-line or OLB rotation, there are some weak spots and question marks on both, but it's likely that the secondary will be better.  Offense?  Let's see how effective Welker is, and whether one of the young guys can seize the 3rd WR position with authority.  The senior statesmen group of running backs they have hasn't been able to stay healthy for a full year, and Maroney is best when used as part of a rotation.  So Taylor, Morris and Faulk will all have to stay healthy.  It's never a good thing when your best lineman is a holdout.  It may not hurt initially, but over time I think they'll miss Mankins.           

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Too early for predictions? : Wow, is that a limb you just walked out on? lol
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Well, I haven't gotten to my lofty position in life without taking a few risks. LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Personally I think we can go 15-1 (maybe a loss to the colts) or maybe even 16-0 I like our roster with the mixture youth & veterens.

I say:
    OFFENSE

Brady- 4,500+ passing yards, 35+ TD's

Maroney- 1,000+ rushing yards, 8+ TD's
    (sounds crazy me believing in maroney in all but i think can do it this year, because by Brady having more weapons to throw to it will take some serious attention off him)

Moss- 85 catches, 1,100+ recieving yards, 12+ TD's

DEFENSE

Mayo- 140+ tackles, 5 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions
    Spikes- 90+ tackles, 3 forced fumbles 1 interceptions

Meriweather- 8 interceptions, 2 for TD Returns
    Butler- 6 interceptions, 2 for TD Returns
    Chung 4 interceptions, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles

Special Teams

Tate- 5 kickoff return TD's
    edelman- 2 punt return TD's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Personally I think we can go 15-1 (maybe a loss to the colts) or maybe even 16-0 I like our roster with the mixture youth & veterens. I say: OFFENSE Brady- 4,500+ passing yards, 35+ TD's Maroney- 1,000+ rushing yards, 8+ TD's (sounds crazy me believing in maroney in all but i think can do it this year, because by Brady having more weapons to throw to it will take some serious attention off him) Moss- 85 catches, 1,100+ recieving yards, 12+ TD's DEFENSE Mayo- 140+ tackles, 5 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions Spikes- 90+ tackles, 3 forced fumbles 1 interceptions Meriweather- 8 interceptions, 2 for TD Returns Butler- 6 interceptions, 2 for TD Returns Chung 4 interceptions, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles Special Teams Tate- 5 kickoff return TD's edelman- 2 punt return TD's
    Posted by patriotzking18

You're clearly taking the pi $ $...if not, you are an optimistic person by nature. 

Sections
Shortcuts