Too much shotgun!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Too much shotgun!

Pats offense seems like it's become a predictable.  Not enough balance between the run & pass and most of the running game is out of the shotgun formation. 

I would like to see Brady under center more often to set up the playaction pass.  Like Peyton Manning, Brady has exceptional playaction pass technique that sukks in the defense and opens up the downfield for Moss/Galloway. 

Let's not overreact with this loss.  The Meadowlands is a very tough place play for any team and the Jets are a pretty good team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

Re: Too much shotgun!

In Response to Too much shotgun!:
    Pats offense seems like it's become a predictable.  Not enough balance between the run & pass and most of the running game is out of the shotgun formation.  I would like to see Brady under center more often to set up the playaction pass.  Like Peyton Manning, Brady has exceptional playaction pass technique that sukks in the defense and opens up the downfield for Moss/Galloway.  Let's not overreact with this loss.  The Meadowlands is a very tough place play for any team and the Jets are a pretty good team.
    Posted by deluxbury

What was strange is that in that last drive was when Brady was under center more than any other drive of the game, rather than shotgun.

I think they knew play-action was doomed because they never got a ground game going, except for that burst that Fred had on the one drive.  Also, on one of the few fakes Brady was nearly sacked and ducked under the Jets DE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Predictable is a good word for the O. TB is not on his game. Unfortunately we have to give the Jets D most of the credit but TB had as much to do with the lose as the jets D did. D line pressure is also critical. But we've been saying that for years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Too much Brady pretending to be Peyton Manning in the shotgun with all the arm waving a finger pointing, all whicch meant absolutely nothing. 

Until Patriots can find a consistent running game, it will be challenged by lesser teams for the remainder of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Too much shotgun!:
    In Response to Too much shotgun! : What was strange is that in that last drive was when Brady was under center more than any other drive of the game, rather than shotgun. I think they knew play-action was doomed because they never got a ground game going, except for that burst that Fred had on the one drive.  Also, on one of the few fakes Brady was nearly sacked and ducked under the Jets DE.
    Posted by JDonalds75

True the running game wasn't too effective, however you dont necessarily have to have success running the ball to have an effective play-action.  As long as you are consistant handing the ball off to your RB enough times, the play-action pass will work.

Brady/Moss don't need a lot of room to connect.  If you can make the DB hesitate just one half-step, Moss will beat him downfield. 

I would like to see the Pats balance out their attack a little.  Also, I don't think having Brady throw it 100 times in his first two games after a major knee injury is the smartest strategy in the world.  These two games would have been a perfect time to make a statement with their running game - which would open up the pass in future games.

This all said, in BB I trust!

Sections
Shortcuts