Top 10 pick Rolando McClain to be released?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Top 10 pick Rolando McClain to be released?

The Raiders continue to be a laughing stock. Anyone think BB gives Saban a call soon to get his thoughts? I'm curious if posters would want this guy on the team after reading the article? Has plenty of talent but quitting on his team like that is pretty weak.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/28/officially-still-a-raider-rolando-mcclain-says-hes-done-in-oakland/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Top 10 pick Rolando McClain to be released?

That guy was a beast at Alabama. He has lots of talent. Would he have had more success if he was drafted by the Patriots? The Raiders have been burned so many times with draft picks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd bring him in to back up Spikes, he fits the mode for what BB wants in his LBs. 

He's a big man, just like Spikes, Mayo and Dont'a. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soccerhcky044. Show Soccerhcky044's posts

And he's a Saban guy. We all know Bill loves Saban guys! Bring him in, he can make an impact. He's like talib, low risk, high reward. If he isn't good, cut him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would bring him in for a work out and a talk. If BB likes what he sees he should grab him. If not let him go. I would not be surprised if he were worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why not bring him in and kick the tires. His off the field incident last yr is a bit disturbing though. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't think McClain would have worked here.  In college he had lousy lateral quickness on the field.  Teams would have been running around the end all day on the Patriots' defense.  Spikes showed a wonderful ability in college to get to the ball carrier on the field, he just had a bad 40 on his combine day, that's all.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Haven't watched him play, but

Greg Cosell (of NFL films) call Rolando McClain "one of the worst 4-3 middle linebackers I've seen on tape this season"

Maybe he could work as a back up in 4-3 situations, but I don't think he's worth the sign considering his off field issues too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

4-3 maybe, how about 3-4?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He was in a 3 - 4 in College. He will be like Babin in that he will get taken from the waiver wire long before he would drop to the Pats.

Has issues for sure. But, as Parcells stated "I hate to tell you folks but there ain't many choir boys in the NFL"

Anyone is worthy of a look. Losing makes players act up. He may settle down in a winning situation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's actually been suspended and not cut. Oakland will try and trade him in the off season. They ain't gonna get much for him. Likely will try and not pay him which he will appeal.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts