Top 10 to date

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Top 10 to date

Flaws at WR? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Re: Top 10 to date:
    [QUOTE]     Power Ratings After Week 6: 1.) New Orleans Saints: Saints look like the second coming of the 2007 Patriots. Deserve the top spot based on blowout wins over the Eagles and Giants; 2.) Indianapolis Colts: True, they're playing whats' turning out to be a very soft schedule. Nonetheless, as I stated in my last "power ratings" post, I've never seen Peyton Manning play better than he is now. With Bob Sanders set to return for the second half of the season, and their aforementioned schedule, the Colts have a great chance to go 16-0; 3.) Pittsburgh Steelers: Forget their record. They are still an elite team. Troy Polamalu's return should bolster their defense.  4.) Denver Broncos: Can't ignore their start...and their last two wins over the Pats and Chargers; 5.) New England Patriots: Must prove that they can beat top competition, particularly on the road, in order to move up. Their hole at #3 WR prevents them from being in the same league offensively as the Saints and Colts. Still don't like their inability to rush the passer. 6.) Minnesota Vikings: Have a chance to show that they're truly an elite team with a win over the Steelers this week. Their defense was awful last week against the Ravens...in a game that they probably should have lost;   7.) NY Giants: Injury bug has hit the Giants hard of late. Offense must have a healthy Brandon Jacobs to truly click. Defense will bounce back after humiliating performance in New Orleans; 8.) Atlanta Falcons: A good dome team, but one that must show that it can win in cold weather cites on the road; 9.)  Baltimore Ravens: Can play with anybody...but are a cut below an elite team.   10.) Arizona Cardinals:  A good team, so long as their OL is able to protect QB Kurt Warner;   11.) Philadelphia Eagles: Like the bewildered Eagles' fans, I have no idea what happened to this team in Oakland. But, they have the skill position players to give any team trouble.  12.) Houston Texans: The most inconsistent, yet talented team in the NFL. 13.) Cincinnati Bengals: Too many injuries...and loss at home last week to Houston, drops them. 14.) Miami Dolphins: Well coached team that can run the ball, and that usually don't beat themselves; 15.) Green Bay Packers: Could come on some, as their defense improves. Lack a running game; 16.) San Diego Chargers: Can score...but can they stop anyone?   17.) San Francisco 49ers: Loss of RB Frank Gore to injury hurt, big-time;  18.) Dallas Cowboys: Their last chance at relevance comes this week, at home against Atlanta; 19.) New York Jets: How the mighty have fallen...as Mark Sanchez has begun to play like the rookie he is. Jets, and Sanchez, sorely miss WR Jericho Cotchery, and will sorely miss NT Kris Jenkins, who is done for the season; 20.) Jacksonville Jaguars: Greatest claim to fame this season is that they played the Colts tough, in game one; 21.) Chicago Bears: Wow!! Isn't that Jay Cutler a difference maker? 22.) Buffalo Bills: At least their respectable. Loss of QB Trent Edwards (concussion) does them no good; 23.) Carolina Panthers:  Play the Bills in the Mediocre Bowl this week. 24.) Oakland Raiders: Gained some respectability with big win over Philly; 25.) Kansas City Chiefs: Will improve somewhat as the season progresses; 26.) Seattle Seahawks: Dropped off in ratings after getting hammered at home by the Cards; 27.) Washington Redskins: Sinking fast; 28.) Cleveland Browns: Have at least won a game;  29.) Tennessee Titans: The best of the bottom feeders, talent-wise; 30.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Beginning to show some improvement; 31.) St. Louis Rams: Like the Bucs, are showing some improvement; 32.) Detroit Lions: In their accustomed spot, now that QB Matthew Stafford is out.       Thoughts?       
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

not bad, but there is no way the jets are better than the bears. Sanchez has looked terrible, the defense wont be as dominating without Kris Jenkins, and the bears have only lost 2 games, the jest have lost 3.

I dont think the Cardinals should be that high either, but a win against the Giants this sunday will warrant that spot or higher.

I still think the Vikings should be #1, they can run the ball and stop the run effectively, Brett Favre has shown that he can still play very well even against a heavy blitz, this team has no holes.

the saints are very good but, i think you might be giving them too much credit for the eagles, and giants game. The eagles didnt have Mcnabb, and the Giants are not as good as everyone besides myself, thought they were. I knew the Saints would easily win.

but not bad power rankings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 to date : not bad, but there is no way the jets are better than the bears. Sanchez has looked terrible, the defense wont be as dominating without Kris Jenkins, and the bears have only lost 2 games, the jest have lost 3.

RESPONSE: You may have a point about the Jets. Injuries have caught up to them. Without NT Kris Jenkins in clogging up the middle and collapsing the pocket, their defense is average. Without go to WR Jerricho Cotchery, rookie QB Mark Sanchez looks lost. His play will improve when Cotchery returns. Other than the skunk in the woodpile OT loss to the Bills last week...losses to Miami and New Orleans on the road are understandable, in that those represented tough games. That said, even without Jenkins, an otherwise healthy Jets team would beat the overrated Jay Cutler, and his dancing Bears.  

I dont think the Cardinals should be that high either, but a win against the Giants this sunday will warrant that spot or higher.

RESPONSE: The Cards have the ability to beat anyone, provided that their OL is able to give Kurt Warner time to throw. 

I still think the Vikings should be #1, they can run the ball and stop the run effectively, Brett Favre has shown that he can still play very well even against a heavy blitz, this team has no holes.

RESPONSE: Their "D" is overrated. If teams can find a way to neutralize DE Jared Allen, the Vikes "D" is vunerable. This is especially true with their best CB, Antoine Winfield out.

the saints are very good but, i think you might be giving them too much credit for the eagles, and giants game. The eagles didnt have Mcnabb, and the Giants are not as good as everyone besides myself, thought they were. I knew the Saints would easily win.

RESPONSE: I don't think you're giving the Saints enough credit. Their offense looks like vintage 2007 Patriots to me. Drew Brees is in the same category as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning now.

but not bad power rankings.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 to date : And I think that a loss like Philly's says something very bad about the good team.  Now if Oakland wins next week (which would make them 3-4) then Philly's "bad" loss is wiped out and it just becomes a loss, because at 3-4 Oakland is no longer a "bad" team.  I do have a question - if I try to keep this up throughout the year, how do I define bad teams - winning percentage below a certain #, two games under 500, etc?  thoughts?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Damn Dogg,  why don't you just get a girl friend or at least a Playboy magazine instead of wasting your time with something like this? Hell, we see this sort of nonsense on our board during the off season when EVERYONE is starved for something related to football, but #%#$%#$%#$% this IS THE SEASON...let's just enjoy the games!!!  Are your boys EVER going to play a real honest to god NFL team AT ALL THIS SEASON??????????????????????????  Watch out for November because we are coming to Hickville!!!  BTW tell Na'Polian to be sure to pay his electric bill because he may need to jack up the old Thermostat in the dome! And be sure to have crowd noise all set on the PA system too!  LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 to date : Damn Dogg,  why don't you just get a girl friend or at least a Playboy magazine instead of wasting your time with something like this? Hell, we see this sort of nonsense on our board during the off season when EVERYONE is starved for something related to football, but #%#$%#$%#$% this IS THE SEASON...let's just enjoy the games!!!  Are your boys EVER going to play a real honest to god NFL team AT ALL THIS SEASON??????????????????????????  Watch out for November because we are coming to Hickville!!!  BTW tell Na'Polian to be sure to pay his electric bill because he may need to jack up the old Thermostat in the dome! And be sure to have crowd noise all set on the PA system too!  LOL.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]
    BB - per your comments, I guess my excuse is that it was the colts bye wek.  Without a doubt, bored.  

As for who the colts have played, they've played 3 of last years 11 playoff teams so far.  Now, Tennesee is obviously not what they were expected to be, but they are a division rival and we played them in Tenn.  if that matters.  They played Miami at Miami and many here were predicting a phins win, which almost did happen, and they played AZ (SB participant) in Phoenix.  Jax is jekyll and hyde, but if the season ended today, they would be in the playoffs.  That leave Seattle, who, without Hasselbeck, was awful. 

Did you know that Indy and NE play 8 common opponents this year (AFC E 3, AFC S 3, Balt, Denver) and they play each other.  Pretty similar schedule if you ask me. 

Finally, the ol thermostat issue.  Yep, there's that.  Now you won't hear anything about this from your fellow patter, prairiemike, because as he has stated, environmental conditions are suffered by both teams thus no advantage can be gained as a result.

Was it you or someone else that spoke of Brady's great record in domes?  If you, somehow you need to account for that loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Under

A good win is a win by 14 or more good team vs. good team. 
    A bad win is a win by a good team by less than 7 against a bad team
    A win is all other wins. 

A bad loss - is a loss by a good team of 14 or more points or a loss vs. a bad team. 
    A loss is all other losses.  There is no such thing as a good loss. 

Finally, I said a bad loss was worse than a good win, and a loss worse than a win, if for no other reason than good teams should win. 

So ATL is above NE (even though the head to head) b/c NE, at 4-2, has a good win (ATL) and a bad win (BUF).  so 3+1+1+0-2-2.  Total pts = 1.  

ATL has a total of 2 pts.  They have a good win (SF) and a bad loss (NE).  3+1+1+1-4=2.

I will give you credit for creative bulls---. See a doctor though, it sounds like a case of fullofshititis, very rare but is usually identified by a build up of verbal diarrhea. Facts are facts and yours are not.

Nice way to try to hold down the pats again.

A win is a win: You are going to tell me the same team plays the same on each Sunday?

A loss is a lose, even a great team can get beat, happens all the time.

You sir are no Vince Lombardi, you do bring humor though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]No thinking person without an agenda to stir the pot or a blind team loyalty would rank the Falcons over the Pats when the Pats soundly beat them just three weeks ago and have just displayed an historic, record-setting 59-0 victory in their last game played. I want to do my best to refrain from personal insults on these forums. Let's just say you deserve no respect from me or anyone else here. You are not to be taken seriously.  I will leave it at that.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Underdogged is like a weather man. He makes ridiculous statements and does not hold himself accountable when he is wrong

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

no one will care how many good wins or bad wins you have if you show up in the playoffs. JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Great point, how does dunderdog list a good win in the playoffs? If I lose really close and look like and trying hard, I still go home.

One and done, points do not matter. 

Who had the stones to win that day?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Under A good win is a win by 14 or more good team vs. good team.  A bad win is a win by a good team by less than 7 against a bad team A win is all other wins.  A bad loss - is a loss by a good team of 14 or more points or a loss vs. a bad team.  A loss is all other losses.  There is no such thing as a good loss.  Finally, I said a bad loss was worse than a good win, and a loss worse than a win, if for no other reason than good teams should win.  So ATL is above NE (even though the head to head) b/c NE, at 4-2, has a good win (ATL) and a bad win (BUF).  so 3+1+1+0-2-2.  Total pts = 1.   ATL has a total of 2 pts.  They have a good win (SF) and a bad loss (NE).  3+1+1+1-4=2.   I will give you credit for creative bulls---. See a doctor though, it sounds like a case of fullofshititis, very rare but is usually identified by a build up of verbal diarrhea. Facts are facts and yours are not. Nice way to try to hold down the pats again. A win is a win: You are going to tell me the same team plays the same on each Sunday? A loss is a lose, even a great team can get beat, happens all the time. You sir are no Vince Lombardi, you do bring humor though.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Aside from the immature slights, I'll agree that what I did is essentially meaningless.  I was just having fun.  Now, you may be surprised, because your head is filled with only pats love, but I did what I did without any thoughts toward NE at all.  If I was half as subjective as you suggest, then as an Indy fan, I would have found a way to put indy in the top spot which is not unreasonable given that they are undefeated, but as you can see, I did not. 

So lets apply your logic.  a win is a win and a loss is a loss.  Thus it is not "keeping the pats down" to suggest Atlanta should be ranked higher because they have the same # of wins as NE but fewer losses.  

You win, your logic prevails.  Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 to date : Underdogged is like a weather man. He makes ridiculous statements and does not hold himself accountable when he is wrong
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    What would you like me to account for?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 to date : What would you like me to account for?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I would like you to account for statments such as these:

1 Bill Belichick is throwing the season away.

2 Tom Brady's accomplishments are diminished because his team was good( this is me laughing) Only a Pats hater could cook up a preposterous idea like this.

Don't remember the exact dialogue used on these next few but it was something like this

3 Pats fans are ignorant, BB is a cheater, all of your Championships are tainted, Brady is more concerned with his non football life, Dungy is a great coach.... that kind of stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

True Champ, for some of this I think you have me confused with someone else. 

I can't recall ever saying belichick threw a season away, because I simply don't believe that. 

I never said Brady's accomplishments were diminished.  What I may have said is that I think Manning has done more with less than Brady.  That Brady (in terms of postseason success) always benefitted from having one of the best defenses in the league. 

Some pats fans are ignorant.  You don't believe this?  Look at some of the sh*t people write.  Its obvious.  BB is a cheater.  Do I really need to explain this?  I may have said the championships were tainted, but probably not for the last year to year and a half.  Dungy is a great coach.  Do you need me to explain why?

Now you tell me among the items listed how I was wrong.  these things are my opinion.  You may disagree with them, but that doesn't make them wrong.