Top 100 NFL Cornerbacks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Top 100 NFL Cornerbacks

Per Bleacher Report, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444334-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-100-cornerbacks

41. Aqib Talib
    38. Alfonzo Dennard
    37. Kyle Arrington

Top 10
    10. Lardarius Webb, Baltimore Ravens
    9. Tim Jennings, Chicago Bears
    8. Joe Haden, Cleveland Browns
    7. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos
    6. Antoine Winfield, Free Agent
    5. Tarell Brown, San Francisco 49ers
    4. Casey Hayward, Green Bay Packers
    3. Chris Harris Jr., Denver Broncos
    2. Charles Tillman, Chicago Bears
    1. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks

Darrelle Revis didn't play enough last year to make the list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: Top 100 NFL Cornerbacks

The Bleacher Report list have been absolute jokes. They make me laugh everytime. My favorite one was the Weddle as the #1 safety in the NFl. Haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Top 100? In a league where the starting CBs number 64 and you can make a case for another 32 either as 1st backup or slot cover guy you still only have 96. Why not just list the top 1000?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

Per Bleacher Report, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444334-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-100-cornerbacks

41. Aqib Talib
    38. Alfonzo Dennard
    37. Kyle Arrington

Top 10

Webb got hurt and Bailey was crappy. You sure this is from last year or 2011?

Dennard wouldnt be on the list if it were 2011

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another list, sweet.  It's amazing how much better the Patriot's defense got in the AFCCG after Talib got hurt and Arrington came in.  I can see that there was much logic and science that was used to generate this wonderful list.  I guess that's why the report comes from the cheap seats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

41. Aqib Talib
    38. Alfonzo Dennard
    37. Kyle Arrington

Top 10

Pro Football Focus usually has the best set of metrics.  If I am not mistaken, Webb hurt pretty early in the year, so I don't know how you can pretend he's in a top 10 having barely played like Revis.

In fact, Webb may not be as effective on the outside as he was on the inside.

Sure is fun when you know you can wake up, jump on the board and expect to see some lies from Rusty. Champ doesnt deserve that statement from you. Better statement would have been he had a BAD playoff game where he was attacked and gave up some plays. I would take him in a heartbeat even at his age, cuz he COMPETES. HE is ALWAYS in his recievers skin, batting down balls and although he may have lost a step he is Def. still a top ten CB and would be the best CB here as this list sais and your saviour talib is 41 where he belongs. Do you ever give anyone props??  Oh yea you want us to sign Lacezy. A young guy who had a good rookie year with the Colts and fell off the map since. Aim High Rusty and realize this secondary still aint that good. Better hope Adrian is the saviour and can clean up mistakes... smh@ you. Try to go one day without  making stuff up. Its compulsive now..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Another list, sweet.  It's amazing how much better the Patriot's defense got in the AFCCG after Talib got hurt and Arrington came in.  I can see that there was much logic and science that was used to generate this wonderful list.  I guess that's why the report comes from the cheap seats.

well i dont think arrington is great, but he is a pretty good slot corner. the problem in the afc title was lack of cb depth. arrington was doing fine in the slot, but when he had to cover the bigger receivers, he had no shot. they also had marquice freakin' cole out there too....that was just asking for flacco to light them up, and he did in the 2nd half.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont like that I have to go online and 1st thing I read is lies from you. Of course you read what I wrote  but since it was correct, you choose to say you are ignoring it because you know you cant win that one. You made a statement you probably wish you could take back and so this is your way of ending this now and not letting others see your latest story. Too late because everyone pretty much knows you are a fraud now. Sure there are still a few who sing your praises...  ya know, Clark, Burger, Rockscully and the rest but when you constantly make stuff up to support your warped agenda that every patriots defender is all pro and every other teams defenders are poor it will catch up to you. Bailey had another good year that was overshadowed by a bad playoff game. Call it straight and you wont have to worry about me, but as I told you years ago, as long as Im here, I will call you out on it cuz  its not true and its "troll" behavoir.

Oh and 199 pass deflections since 1999 which is # 1 in the league sais Champ can still play.

But let me guess, Arrington is better right? and this article is from a bad source...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Do we know how the list was formed?  I am just wondering what the metrics are. This looks like someone just randomly put it together. Looks totally disjointed. Webb barely played!

Bleacher Report is basically a blog site, not much better than a random internet message board.  Anyone can post an article on it.  I hate that people link it as if it's an actual legitimate news source.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Oh and 199 pass deflections since 1999 which is # 1 in the league sais Champ can still play.

But let me guess, Arrington is better right? and this article is from a bad source...

Since 1999.  That doesn't say he can still play, it says he's played well overall for the past 14 years.  He may very well be the best corner of the 2000s, but RIGHT NOW he has lost a step; and he should probably make the move to safety this year, as he was no better than average all of last year.

Currently... yes, Arrington is probably better than Bailey.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

41. Aqib Talib
    38. Alfonzo Dennard
    37. Kyle Arrington

Top 10

Pro Football Focus usually has the best set of metrics.  If I am not mistaken, Webb hurt pretty early in the year, so I don't know how you can pretend he's in a top 10 having barely played like Revis.

In fact, Webb may not be as effective on the outside as he was on the inside.

I think they have very different methodologies. If I remember correctly, PFF does the ranking on analysis of hard stats. I believe Bleacher uses the same approach as ESPN. They have a panel of "experts". They ask each panelist to subjectively rank the CBs on various criteria. Criteria weighting is predefined. The latter approach is perceptual, therefore influenced by how many splash plays a CB makes. The former is not.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Since 1999.  That doesn't say he can still play, it says he's played well overall for the past 14 years.  He may very well be the best corner of the 2000s, but RIGHT NOW he has lost a step; and he should probably make the move to safety this year, as he was no better than average all of last year.

Ok, opinion noted, and I disagree. I guess you are either another patriots homer or another rusty account cuz I dont recall Bailey EVER being attacked all over the field like Arrington was for most of the year until he started to play well vs Miami late in the year. Sure 199 pds dont prove it, but I watch football and to say Arrington was better than Champ last year is flat out false and I beg you to find an expert who agrees.

He had ONE bad game, sure it was in the playoffs and I never said he didnt lose a step but he is still better than all our CBs and the article sais so by a longshot. thanks for chiming in

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Ok, opinion noted, and I disagree. I guess you are either another patriots homer or another rusty account cuz I dont recall Bailey EVER being attacked all over the field like Arrington was for most of the year until he started to play well vs Miami late in the year. Sure 199 pds dont prove it, but I watch football and to say Arrington was better than Champ last year is flat out false and I beg you to find an expert who agrees.

He had ONE bad game, sure it was in the playoffs and I never said he didnt lose a step but he is still better than all our CBs and the article sais so by a longshot. thanks for chiming in

Did you just say Matt is another one of my supposed board names?

Could it be that you're so brainwashed by the anti-BB media and the dopes who swing in and out of threads with you here, that you can't analyze correctly?

This list is flawed. Period.

You want a real list, go to Pro Football Focus and look at the metrics they use for an objective take, a lot more so than this one.

It's really super that you droll over adult football players from other teams, simultaneously whining how bad BB is, but some of us don't do that.

There is NO list that puts Arrington (a guy who cant even play outside) as being better than a Walk in Hall of famer like Champ who can play inside, out and will play FS in 2 years and be a pro bowler at that position as well.  I'll be waiting for that list...but I wont hold my breathe

Sections
Shortcuts